Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Moserjj, thanks for checking out FileCoaster

JTH, can you try FileCoaster and see if that works for you ?
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Moserjj, thanks for checking out FileCoaster

JTH, can you try FileCoaster and see if that works for you ?
    Doesn't work for me thru Filecoaster either. Must be my Pre. I deleted the old version first and then tried to install the new one and now it won't work
  3.    #43  
    The person at Palm who is reviewing my app is also having problems saying that the app gets into infinite loops and won't find courses. I haven't seen any of these problems at all.

Is anyone else having serious issues with this app working ? Very worried since Palm has told me as it stands the app doesn't work at all and will get refused
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Well with the last build I was unable to even start a round (thought maybe it had to do with the course database being down though)
  5.    #45  
    JTH,

Did you search for and download a course from the courses button ? Did you set yourself up as a player ?
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    JTH,

Did you search for and download a course from the courses button ? Did you set yourself up as a player ?
    Yeah, I did all of that... I was able to start a round with the build before that one, but I wasn't getting GPS data.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I uninstalled earlier today so I could install the latest version. Now, when I try to install via Preware or fileCoaster, both programs indicate that the install was successful, but I cannot find/open Golf Caddie. I have unistalled/reinstalled several times, and restarted the Pre, but the problem persists.

edit: Golf Caddie is listed at an installed app in Preware, but does not appear in the launcher. First time I have encountered this problem.
    Last edited by gc916; 09/02/2009 at 06:55 PM.
  8.    #48  
    gc916 and others. Ok, I am going to do the following:

I am going to create another build and upload it to the Home Brew and I will go through a load via FileCoaster and see what happens for me.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    Yeah, I did all of that... I was able to start a round with the build before that one, but I wasn't getting GPS data.
    Can you explain to me just exactly what problem you are having with trying to start a new round so that I can try and replicate what you are doing?
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Can you explain to me just exactly what problem you are having with trying to start a new round so that I can try and replicate what you are doing?
    Well I got all the way to where it asked me how many holes and front or back. Then it just took me back to the screen where you put in the course, tees, and player.

Before that version I was able to start a round, but when I hit GPS no numbers appeared.
  11.    #51  
    Well I got all the way to where it asked me how many holes and front or back. Then it just took me back to the screen where you put in the course, tees, and player.
    That's very strange. Never seen that happen before. Ok, trying to download and install via FileCoaster. Seems to be taking a while though Did notice that FileCoaster's count of the applications in the Home Brew is off compare to what I can see on this site.
  12.    #52  
    I just downloaded Golf Caddie via FileCoaster and didn't have a problem at all. I deleted my previous install of Golf Caddie first.

Created myself as a player, added a course and was able to start a round no problems.

JTH. Which course did you download and did you choose to play 9 or 18 holes, front or back 9 ?
  13.    #53  
    I am going to upload a slightly newer version to the Home Brew and I'll change the version number. Perhaps there's a problem since I didn't change the version number the last few times.

I'll update this thread once I've uploaded a newer version and I can see it in File Coaster.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    The problem continues. In Preware, Golf Caddie appears in "Installed Applications" list, but does not appear in launcher.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    I just downloaded Golf Caddie via FileCoaster and didn't have a problem at all. I deleted my previous install of Golf Caddie first.

Created myself as a player, added a course and was able to start a round no problems.

JTH. Which course did you download and did you choose to play 9 or 18 holes, front or back 9 ?

Craig Woods - Woodstock, IL. It's a little 9 hole course. Chose 9 holes, front.
  16.    #56  
    JTH, thanks. I'll check that out. Might be a bug as I don't think I've tried to download a 9 hole course yet. Uploading a newer version (0.1.0) to the HomeBrew and waiting for it to show up in FileCoaster so I can do a full delete/install and test.

Bear with me
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    The problem continues. In Preware, Golf Caddie appears in "Installed Applications" list, but does not appear in launcher.
    gc916. Let me check with File Coaster first and once I've worked out what's going on I can look at Preware.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Just installed v0.1.0 via fileCoaster. Seems to be fine.
  19.    #59  
    Craig Woods - Woodstock, IL. It's a little 9 hole course. Chose 9 holes, front.
    Yup, there's a problem here in that for some reason the holes info is not getting downloaded and created. I'll have to look into it and see what's going on.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    Just installed v0.1.0 via fileCoaster. Seems to be fine.
    Glad to hear that. Just installed that myself and it was fine. Perhaps the issue was that I was uploading the same version number. Not sure. In any case I'll make sure that I always up the version number when I update via Home Brew.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast