Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    What's the course that you're having the problem with so that I can look into that ?
    Minor Park in Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by KDiz View Post
    Minor Park in Missouri
    This seems like an awesome app. One bug I noticed was that i can't get my clubs to save.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by SigmaNu1684 View Post
    This seems like an awesome app. One bug I noticed was that i can't get my clubs to save.
    That's the part I am working on right now I've got the club selections saving now so making progress
  4.    #24  
    Minor Park in Missouri
    Will take a look into it and get back to you.
  5.    #25  
    Uploaded version 0.0.9.

Some minor updates:

Move several buttons off the main screen and put them in the application menu.

Preferences can now be saved as can clubs in your bag. Even though these can be saved the preferences won't do anything yet. For example, you can save your distances to be in metres but they will still show in yards.

Previous rounds now show how many holes were played in that round in the event that less than 18 holes were played. I believe that handicaps can only be calculated based upon rounds that have 18 holes but will have to investigate that to be sure.
    so do we just delete the app and reinstall it? or do we get updates? Thanks again
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    so do we just delete the app and reinstall it? or do we get updates? Thanks again
    Install Preware-- it takes care of all of that for you. It's fantastic.
  8.    #28  
    For now the best way is to uninstall and reinstall since there are some DB changes. Once I get to version 0.1.0 I will lock down the database and any changes will be handled in an update so as not to delete any data
  9.    #29  
    Other features that I am looking at adding today.

Updating of course information such as tees and distances so that slope ratings can be added and handicaps can then be calculated.
  10.    #30  
    Another update coming later on today folks containing the following:

Hole data can now be edited to add the distances and update the pars and handicaps if there are any errors.

Default Blue tee data can now be updated so that slope rating and course rating can be added if missing. This is needed to calculate handicaps.

Now that this is done my next course of action is to start working on updating a players handicap based upon the rounds that are stored and updating the players info to reflect any changes in handicap
  11.    #31  
    Have updated the package (still same version number) with the new features as indicated in post #30
  12.    #32  
    For those people that might be trying to use the app right now and trying to download a course, www.bbgpsgolf.com is down. I have emailed the owner and they are working on it.
  13.    #33  
    Minor Park in Missouri
    Going to look into this issue today.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Question for you Dave.
    When selecting a course, are you downloading/storing the lat/long info in your database, so that if bbgpsgolf.com is down for the day, we still have access to the course info?
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjharada View Post
    Question for you Dave.
    When selecting a course, are you downloading/storing the lat/long info in your database, so that if bbgpsgolf.com is down for the day, we still have access to the course info?
    Yes, absolutely. The only reliance that the app has on bbgpsgolf right now is to search and download courses.
  16.    #36  
    Just uploaded another minor update

Minor Park in Missouri should now download. Tested this and was able to score a round against it. I did notice that there are no handicaps assigned to the holes (all zeros) but you can update the handicap data via the courses screen, if you so desire to do so.

You will need to delete the current app before installing the update as there was a minor database change. I know this is a PITA but I am getting close to a version whereby I'll lock down the DB and no further deletes of the application will be needed
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    I can't install this via Preware. It says installed, but then it never shows up. Is this a Preware issue, or a GC issue?
  18.    #38  
    JTH182, I haven't used Preware so not really familiar with it. Has anyone else been able to install this with Preware or even filecoaster ?

To be honest I just install via the SDK method.

If other people are having problems with Preware then I can take a look into it.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    JTH182, I haven't used Preware so not really familiar with it. Has anyone else been able to install this with Preware or even filecoaster ?

To be honest I just install via the SDK method.

If other people are having problems with Preware then I can take a look into it.
    I just installed a game thru Preware (Poker Mania) and it worked. So unfortunately it looks to be a GC problem right now.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    installs fine for me through FileCoaster. No experience using Preware though
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast