Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Mormon Channel is the official radio station of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The channel originates from Temple Square in Salt Lake City, Utah and broadcasts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

This authorized beta version currently gives users access to streaming audio versions of the Standard Works (King James version of Old & New Testaments, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price) as well as audio from the Church magazines (Ensign, New Era, Friend) and General Conference talks.

The live radio stream is currently NOT available due to issues with the current version of webOS. Hopefully this will be remedied in future releases.

Please leave feedback here on the forum. PM me if you are interested in participating in this project.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    So is this replacing the MormonAudio app, Reuben?
    Cool App. I love it!!!
    Keep up the great work Reuben.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbluther View Post
    So is this replacing the MormonAudio app, Reuben?
    Yes. This is the base for the official version which will be published to the Palm App Catalog by the Church. We would like as many people possible to give feedback before we wrap up a v1.0.0 to send off to Palm. Especially feedback from those in areas where EVDO/3G is not available. Also, any features you would like to see in the final app.

Thanks...
    Excellent! I Love it. I tested over wifi and EVDO and it's working fine on both for me. Thanks for the time that you have spent developing this for the community.
    it works good at home where I have EVDO and Wifi, but I will give it a try this weekend when I am up in the mountains, with limited coverage
    Nice job.

Don't know if there is already an app out there for this, but it would be nice to be able to have the TEXT version of the LDS scriptures available. Is there some way to reference this on the LDS web site, or, is there already a app out there to read the LDS scripture text?
  9.    #9  
    Official LDS Scripture app is in the works. Stay tuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by grizmd View Post
    Nice job.

Don't know if there is already an app out there for this, but it would be nice to be able to have the TEXT version of the LDS scriptures available. Is there some way to reference this on the LDS web site, or, is there already a app out there to read the LDS scripture text?
    There is an app in Homebrew called Daily Scriptures that has the LDS Scriptures
    Quote Originally Posted by reuben.olsen View Post
    One feature that I liked from the first app which I believed you labeled Mormon Audio was the little progress bar which allowed you to jump forward and backward. I like the look of the new app better but it seems to take a little longer to load the content. I have them both on my phone still and I find myself using the old one more often because of the progress bar and the faster load time. Obviously the new app has the Conference material which is why I have both of them on my pre. If the new app could load quicker and have the progress bar it would be a homerun. Oh one more thing- Daily Scriptures also has the text and audio for all of the hymns which is really nice! Thanks for all your hard work.
    Well I am frustrated that daily scriptures was removedfrom homebrew, and the other scripture app is unusable. Is there a way to get daily scripture still? Having to wait for the official sucks.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    So I am finaly upgrading from my treo 650 and getting a pre deliverd tomorrow. (cant wait) I was hoping to be able to get the the scriptures on there but it seems like that isnt an option for now? can someone confirm that? I saw some stuff on LDStech that mentioned someone developing something? I noticed the apps that used to be available on homebrew no longer are? Can I be a tester?? If its not asking to much ( im sure it is) does anyone know if the app supports spanish, portuguese and french? Thanks anything would help...
    It would be awesome if someone could do what they are doing over at yanceyware.com for the Pre. Yanceyware is AMAZING.
    Can anyone explain exactly what are the issues preventing the application from using the live audio feeds? I'm curious to understand because that seems like it would be a major roadblock.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoppa View Post
    Can anyone explain exactly what are the issues preventing the application from using the live audio feeds? I'm curious to understand because that seems like it would be a major roadblock.
    The reason the live feed isn't available right now is the lack of support for MMS encoding in webOS. The Church media department in charge of Mormon Channel is looking at providing an alternate feed that would be compatible but it hasn't happened yet. As soon as it is done we'll get the feed included in the app.
    Last edited by reuben.olsen; 11/01/2009 at 06:16 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by thewisteron View Post
    It would be awesome if someone could do what they are doing over at yanceyware.com for the Pre. Yanceyware is AMAZING.
    Went and looked at his site - nice. Wish it was also for the Mac - would have all those downloads in a second.
    I am wanting to download this and use it on my Pre, but the only things I have loaded to my phone are from the "app store" and I do not know how to load stuff from other sites. Would it be possible to post some instructions/links for thos of us who are not the most tech savvy? Thanks, and looking forward to this.
    This is great! It needs a bookmark to be very useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by reuben.olsen View Post
    Status?

My entire EQ Presidency plus our Bishop has iPhones.

I really hate not being able to do something as simple as read a scripture.

webOS Developer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast