View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 377782838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmLives View Post
    I have has ampache-mobile working on my pixi for several months but recently switched to a pre and can not get it to work. I am using the same login, etc but for some reason i get the "Connection Error.....Error:Empty response...."
    Anyone have any clue as to why it would work fine on the pixi, but not the pre?
    (same results over WiFi or EVDO)
    Thanks

Do you have the MaxBlocker or AdBlocker patch installed? If so, get rid of it and try again.

M.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Do you have the MaxBlocker or AdBlocker patch installed? If so, get rid of it and try again.

M.
    Yup, I had AdBlocker but now it is gone. Still doesn't work.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    OK, so know it is working, but not always. It seems to be intermittently connecting and when it does it will work for about 3 songs then I get and error. Next time it happens I will write down the exact error.
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    Hi,

Is there any workaround to avoid Ampache Mobile stopping after buffering the first song on a Veer running webOS 2.1.1? Deactivating to buffer more than one song is a pain...

I love this app on my old Pre and would like to run it the same way on the Veer so I can give the Pre to my family...
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    OK, now it seems to be working all the time. I had to set up two different "profiles" in ampache-mobile itself. One profile for WiFi and one for EVDO. The only difference is the IP address. The Wifi uses my home internal IP address and the EVDO use the external. Once I did that it seems to work fine at home and on EVDO away from my home wireless xmtr. Still not sure why it was working intermittently before this though.
    That's how mine is set up at the moment - a LAN address that only works with WiFi on, and a internet address that works either way, on a Sprint Pre Plus.

It seems to work OK for me, but my impression, with IRC on the wIRC app is that the WiFi connection eventually drops its connection, even with a keep alive ping...
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    That's how mine is set up at the moment - a LAN address that only works with WiFi on, and a internet address that works either way, on a Sprint Pre Plus.

It seems to work OK for me, but my impression, with IRC on the wIRC app is that the WiFi connection eventually drops its connection, even with a keep alive ping...
    So far the longest i have stay connected is about an hour with not problems. I will try to do a test this weekend.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmLives View Post
    So far the longest i have stay connected is about an hour with not problems. I will try to do a test this weekend.
    Yup, just about an hour then it gets "stuck" and I have to hit play, but it just restarts the current song and keeps going.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Try using your external IP over EVDO. I'm seeing issues as well using my dyndns hostname (as I just posted).

Using my dyndns hostname, I can hit the server just fine, see my music, but it just won't stream on Ampache Mobile.
    * EDIT *

It turns out my issue was not related -- database problems on my ampache server.
    Last edited by Ubuntite; 10/17/2011 at 09:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Where is the dev?? This needs to be ported to Android, the current Ampache clients are atrocious
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Where is the dev?? This needs to be ported to Android, the current Ampache clients are atrocious

Yes, they are. "JustPlayer" is by far the best, though. I've been trying to work with the dev some to get some things fixed. There's major language and timezone barriers that makes things VERY slow. I'm hoping he'll see my points and just open source it so more eyes and fingers can work on it...

M.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog

Ampache Mobile is, yes, but I was referring to JustPlayer. Sorry about that...

Ampache Mobile may indeed be written with straight HTML5/JavaScript (Thanks Bryce!), but it still has a fair amount of webOS-isms in it to function (for the most part). That I can tell, there's also no real "easy" way to duplicate or simply "move" it over to Android without some major restructuring. I don't know when the last time you looked at Ampache Mobile's source was, but it's HUGE and I'm afraid that Bryce is the only one that'll be able to understand it...

M.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi bjgeiser, Hi all,

the attached patch adds support for Metaview MBW-xxx app to Ampache Mobile. Perhaps you can integrate it into your next release.
    The song title and artist a shown on the watch if the patch is installed.

MW150 - connect to your SonyEricsson MBW150 bluetooth watch

HaPe
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I had Ampache Mobile working great on WebOS 2.1. With the new 2.2.4 OTA update, I am able to connect and retrieve catalog listing, but when I attempt to play I get nothing. Looking at the logs, it shows a 'login attempt', a 'login success', and a 'ping received', but nothing more.

I have attempted both a wifi and EVDO connection. In addition, connecting and playing through a web browser works flawlessly.

Anyone with the same problem or suggestions of a fix or troubleshooting approach?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I had Ampache Mobile working great on WebOS 2.1. With the new 2.2.4 OTA update, I am able to connect and retrieve catalog listing, but when I attempt to play I get nothing. Looking at the logs, it shows a 'login attempt', a 'login success', and a 'ping received', but nothing more.

I have attempted both a wifi and EVDO connection. In addition, connecting and playing through a web browser works flawlessly.

Anyone with the same problem or suggestions of a fix or troubleshooting approach?
    working without problems on my Pre3 with WiFi.

HaPe
    I have narrowed my problem to just those song files that need to be transcoded from ogg to mp3 and the problem only occurs on my Sprint FrankenPre2 and not my Touchpad. The very same file for the same user works on the Touchpad, but doesn't on the Pre2. MP3 files work fine on the Pre2.

The debug message on Ampache Mobile says "Current (1): Download Starting, Buffer Ahead Not Used". But the download never starts. I never see anything in the log beyond the initial login and ping -- no attempted transcoding or downsampling.

I have run the transcoding command(s) from the command line with no issues.

This appears to be just an issue with the Pre2. Or, it has to be an issue with WebOS 2.2.4 vs 3.0.4 on the Touchpad.

I would appreciate any thoughts on what to look at next.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Hi,

I had difficulties to use the double buffer (enabled by default) on my Veer. When it works, it is way better to use it as it allows to switch without gap from one song to the other. On my Pre2 I had no problem using it but on the Veer, as soon as the playing song was fully buffered, when ampache was trying to buffer the next song, playback hangs.

I looked into the code and perform a tiny modification. Having modified this, it works perfectly on my Veer with 2 buffers (and even n>2 buffers). I remember having observed the same issue in the past with my Pixi, I could not try this modified version on a Pixi but it may do the trick too. If you want to have a try, I enclose my patch version. Be careful : it has the same id as the original Ampache Mobile App. If you want to preserve the original install, you may want to change this ID. Note that if you don't do so, you can always restore the original Ampache Mobile afterwards downloading it anew from the catalog, but you'll have to uninstall it first what will probably erase your app parameters (servers, background...).

Lionel
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    You are awesome!

I have a pre2 and a pixi+, and both have issues with more than one buffer. The playback will just freeze and I have to stop and restart the song to make it work again. Do you have any tips on config tweaks for getting smooth playback?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Hi,

have you tried using the ipk I provided just above? It might solve the issue. You can install it with webosquickinstall. Tried it on my veer 2.1.1 and my pre2 2.2.4 in wifi and 3G, with default settings (2 buffers) it works fine. I think the problem (in my case) came for a conflict between the main audio object and the additional ones used for buffering. I slightly changed the definition of the audio object and figured out by chance that it solved my issue. I just removed the class attribute.

lionel