View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36768182838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Hey bjgeiser, can you give us a link to the ipkg file so we can install it on the TouchPad? Thanks.
    You'll need to build it with the SDK because you need to modify appinfo.json as I posted above for it to "work" (look) properly on the TouchPad.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 07/17/2011 at 05:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Any change you could post the rebuilt ipkg you made?
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    you can download ampache-mobile from me here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6733666/com...._0.9.6_all.ipk just a straight package from the latest source code with no modifications

this version runs in the smaller "phone mode" on the TouchPad because without that there is no back gesture which makes navigating the app difficult. if you are so inclined you can change the appinfo.json to have the necessary "uiRevision: 2" line on the device - though i personally dont recommend it.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    That's all I needed. Perfect. Thank you.
    For anyone interested I have created an Ampache app for the TouchPad called AmpacheXL. I made a new thread here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-touchpad.html

It is still under development and not yet available in the App Catalog but you can download the current version with the link on the thread.
    I'm using Ampache on my web host and have everything set up correctly. But the problem comes with video and music on my phone. I don't know if anyone else has run into this but I didn't this thread is huge and search doesn't always work too well.

I use Ampache Mobile and AmpacheXL. I have regular mp3's on my server and a test mp4 file on there to see if it would work on my phone.

Ampache Mobile shows all of my songs, albums, etc... but gives me this error:

Streaming Error
    An error has occured while attempting to play the file.. etc...

Debug Info:
    Error Type: MEDIA_ERR_DECODE
    Mime: audio/mpeg
    Song Link: Steam Link
    The video also doesn't play, but I think that's because I have it converted wrong. But the audio, plays correctly (obviously on my computer) and on my my TouchPad (with AmpacheXL).

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Edit:

Just tested a different converted movie and it worked perfectly on Ampache Mobile.

Now just the music problem..
    Last edited by tooearly; 08/03/2011 at 07:49 AM.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I am still getting MEDIA_ERR_DECODE problems as well. Not sure where to start looking... help!
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Ampache Mobile only uses the HTML5 audio tag. In fact i did all my buffer ahead code development in safari. If buffer ahead has stopped working its because of how webOS implements that tag in its browser, since all apps are essentially running in a browser window.

It could also be for lack of RAM, buffer ahead has never worked in the original Pixi. Could be the same issue, I've never had a Pixi to debug it with.

On the brighter side I am getting a Development Pre 2 and its out for delivery today. I'll take a look at things this weekend.
    Buffer ahead definitely does not work on a Pixi. I was having a hell of a time getting songs to stream until I turned buffer from 2 to 1.........now works great. BTW, this is a fantastic app. Many, many kudos to you for developing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I'm using Ampache on my web host and have everything set up correctly. But the problem comes with video and music on my phone. I don't know if anyone else has run into this but I didn't this thread is huge and search doesn't always work too well.

I use Ampache Mobile and AmpacheXL. I have regular mp3's on my server and a test mp4 file on there to see if it would work on my phone.

Ampache Mobile shows all of my songs, albums, etc... but gives me this error:

The video also doesn't play, but I think that's because I have it converted wrong. But the audio, plays correctly (obviously on my computer) and on my my TouchPad (with AmpacheXL).

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Edit:

Just tested a different converted movie and it worked perfectly on Ampache Mobile.

Now just the music problem..
    I think like you, Ampache XL works great for me. But on my phone I get that error for some of my music (the same music the Ampache XL plays fine). Is it that the pre can only play certain audio files wile the touchpad can play more?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I am able to stream music to my Nook Color running Cyanogenmod 7 using Just Player, but I only get decoding errors on my Pre! I tried the GStreamer work around to no avail, also reinstalled the app.

Help!
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I also just tried with my girlfriends Pixi+ and it worked fine! Help!
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    After MONTHS of troubleshooting I have finally figured out what was going on. Turns out the Max Blocker patch was to blame. I tried the regular Ad Blocker patch too, but that also prevents Ampache from streaming.

Edit: Super strange, using my girlfriend's Pixi Plus, I have the Ad Blocker patch applied and yet streaming still works on her phone. The only difference is her phone is on 1.4.5.1 and mine is using 2.1.0

I even made sure by playing an album on my Pre, installing the Ad Blocker patch, then switching to the next track and the Decoding Error pops up.
    Last edited by schlk21; 08/26/2011 at 04:09 PM.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Where is the dev? I really want to love this app, it works great over wi-fi but EVDO performance is pretty terrible.

A song will finish playing but the app still displays -0:15, the next track does not download. It remains stuck until I skip to the next track, wait a few seconds then hit play. This happens on the same song but only over EVDO and not wifi.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Hey this is a nice app, nice job.

Does anyone know if Ampache can transcode videos on the fly for Pre 2?

thanks
    Fantastic App.
    Is there any chance we can have to source code in order to add an "song download option". It will be really great to be able to download the songs so we can listen to them offline.
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchkid View Post
    Fantastic App.
    Is there any chance we can have to source code in order to add an "song download option". It will be really great to be able to download the songs so we can listen to them offline.

Beside the obvious fact that since it's just JavaScript and HTML, the "Source Code" is right there on your phone, it's available at Google Code as well.

ampache-mobile - Ampache Client for the webOS Mobile Operation System - Google Project Hosting

M.
    I am receiving the media_err_network error....I have had this up and running for some time and now it seems to have stopped over EVDO...still works remotely...any help would be appreaciated! Thanks
    @Xanadu73 : okay. Well I'm gonna try to add the download fonction so. ^^
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchkid View Post
    @Xanadu73 : okay. Well I'm gonna try to add the download fonction so. ^^
    Make sure you post it up if you can get it, I'd love to be able to download an album on demand
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I have has ampache-mobile working on my pixi for several months but recently switched to a pre and can not get it to work. I am using the same login, etc but for some reason i get the "Connection Error.....Error:Empty response...."
    Anyone have any clue as to why it would work fine on the pixi, but not the pre?
    (same results over WiFi or EVDO)
    Thanks
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????