View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
    Sorry for the floods...

The test has shown that my Pre did NOT freak out the test server. So it's something on my end independent of your app.

Thank you for the time!

M.
    Is there a way to organize the Movies in sub folders? I ask because I stream a lot of tv shows and would like a way to organize them by show/season/ect rather than one big list.

Thank you!
    If I helped you, please help me by signing up for Dropbox so I can get more space!

Current Phone: Droid Bionic
    This honestly makes no sense. I really have no idea how to get this "ampache server" on my Mac. I appreciate you all trying to make a cool music app, and I would love to use it. But most people won't be able to, because most people are not experts at this. I've tried the wiki but I just do NOT get it. Anybody willing to help?
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    This honestly makes no sense. I really have no idea how to get this "ampache server" on my Mac. I appreciate you all trying to make a cool music app, and I would love to use it. But most people won't be able to, because most people are not experts at this. I've tried the wiki but I just do NOT get it. Anybody willing to help?

You do know "I can't do it!" isn't a terribly detailed description of how far you got, what went wrong, etc., right?

All you need is Apache (Web Server), PHP (Scripting Language), and MySql (Database Server) installed, configured and running. From there, Ampache isn't really that big of deal. Extract the tarball it to your http dir, and set it up: http://localhost/ampache (by default).

How to do that on a Mac? I haven't a clue. It certainly isn't re-inventing the wheel. OS-X is just FreeBSD under the hood, so following the BSD guides, if there are no Mac specific ones, should get you in the right direction.

Ampache Requirements [Ampache :: Wiki]

M.
    Ok, sorry...
    But could you put that in normal english?
    Thanks.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    Ok, sorry...
    But could you put that in normal english?
    Thanks.
    Ummm... That was human talk. If that was too much, then once you hit port forwarding or making it easy and just putting a box in the DMZ so you can get to it from outside the wall, you'll probably pack it in.

Start with the Wiki I pasted. It begins the official Ampache one. I have to assume that there's binary builds available of the required parts so you don't have to install a compiler and all that to.

M.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Any ideas why I would all of a sudden be getting a MEDIA_ERR_NETWORK error when on EVDO. What I know:

- Works fine over WIFI
    - Disabling/Enabling Transcoding makes no difference
    - Resetting API/RPC ACLs makes no difference
    - Reinstalling entire Ampache (or upgrading to new version) makes no difference
    - Reinstalling entire XAMPP server makes no difference
    - Songs stream just fine using AmpachePre (the other Ampache WebOS app)

I'm completely out of ideas.

The Pre connects and plays the stream just fine when I'm on WIFI, but if I go to EVDO it dies as soon as it's about to download the stream.

This started happening seemingly all by itself (surely without any changes to my Ampache server). Could it be something to do with the Pre itself?

Anybody have any ideas at all?
    Last edited by globex; 06/10/2011 at 03:10 PM.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hi. I just installed Ampache server on my computer (with xampp and php, etc.), and Ampache Mobile on my Pre Plus (webOS 1.4.5), and so far it's working fine - pretty amazing actually.

When the TouchPad comes out next week, I plan to get one. I'm hoping I can "leverage" my investment by using it to feed music to my stereo system from my computer. Of course, the computer is in my den, which is distant from my stereo system in the living room. But it's close enough for my Wi Fi.

I know my copy of Ampache Mobile will automatically install on the Touchpad, since it's part of my Palm Profile. What I don't know is if the app will work in Exhibition Mode, which I think is what it will normally be in when on the Touchstone charging device. I'll want to be able to leave the Touchpad on the Touchstone (maybe showing a pretty photo slide show) but also be able to find and select CD's.

Does anybody know anything about this? Will this app be optimized for TouchPad? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    This is normal.

The computer you are using as the Ampache Server must be fully "on". It cannot be hibernating, in stand-by, in sleep mode or turned off.

I leave my Ampache server on all the time, unless I will be away from home for a few days.
    My issue is related, but different. My Windows 7 computer is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of inactivity. If it's asleep, I understand that client apps like Ampache Mobile cannot access the server without fancy wake-on-lan schemes. However, if the server is awake and I'm busy streaming music from it, the computer doesn't detect this activity and goes to sleep anyway. Is there any way to prevent the server from going to sleep while the streaming activity is taking place?
    Quote Originally Posted by wla2000 View Post
    Is there any way to prevent the server from going to sleep while the streaming activity is taking place?
    Ummmm... tell it not to?

Make sure anything in the power profile in the "plugged in" category is set to never sleep. Check the hardware properties of the NIC to make sure it's not sleeping during periods of no activity. If the machine is still sleeping, check the BIOS. If there's nothing making it sleep there, then thank Microsoft for releasing such a stellar OS.

M.
    I have been a huge fan of Ampache Mobile for a while now and appreciate all the work bjgeiser and others have put into it. I just got the TouchPad and put Ampache Mobile on it (had to download the source and build the ipkg myself since it wasnt in the catalog) and it works pretty well.

I was wondering if there were any plans to make a full TouchPad version of an Ampache player. I am actually a(n amateur) developer myself and have a couple apps for the TouchPad published. If someone is working on an app already I would love to help out as much as possible. Or if nobody has started anything I might try to build it myself. Basically I would combine the UI from the onboard music app with the Ampache-specific components from Ampache Mobile. It would be an open source app of course.

My apps:
    KTorrentTouch: ktorrenttouch - webOS app for controlling a KTorrent program - Google Project Hosting - https://developer.palm.com/appredire....ktorrenttouch
    WebMyth2: webmyth2 - A webOS app for controlling a MythTV frontend for webOS tablets - Google Project Hosting - https://developer.palm.com/appredire...wbman.webmyth2
    sillydino likes this.
    I would love to see a touchpad ampache client :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by summatusmentis View Post
    I would love to see a touchpad ampache client :-)

Just add:

Code:
    "uiRevision": 2
    to:

/var/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.app.ampachemobile/appinfo.json

and it'll run full screen on the TouchPad. Some things will look a bit weird (buttons, and things like that), but it won't be in the stupid little window anymore.

M.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewbman View Post
    I just got the TouchPad and put Ampache Mobile on it (had to download the source and build the ipkg myself since it wasnt in the catalog) and it works pretty well.
    I tried this just now and it worked. Had to stretch my brain to download the sources and compile them, and use Preware to install the ipk file. But it worked and my tunes can now stream to the TP from my Windows 7 Ampache server. Thanks-
    Hello! I could use some help with getting ampache to work if someone wouldn't mind. Not sure what else to do.

I followed the wiki pretty much to a tee and ampache works for me when I am on my home network, but not over EVDO. I set up the port forwarding for my linksys router from Port Forwarding Guides Listed by Manufacturer and Model - PortForward.com and tried using http://XX.XXX.XXX.XXX/ampache-3.5.4 to access over EVDO. I also tried http://XX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8080/ampache-3.5.4 Windows firewall is off also

I have AT&T DSL (I saw some posts about DSL but wasn't sure what to do with them) and my modem is connected to one router.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    sounds like might be a port forwarding issue. can you get to ampache from a web browser, either on the phone itself or from some other device not on your wifi network?
    Quote Originally Posted by thewbman View Post
    sounds like might be a port forwarding issue. can you get to ampache from a web browser, either on the phone itself or from some other device not on your wifi network?
    No I can't. I can only get access when I am on the same wifi network as my laptop.
    yah. That sounds like a port forwarding issue. Or i think some ISPs may block incoming ports, but I am not sure how common that is.

first I would say check that you forwarded the correct port to your computer (most likely port 80). Then make sure you are using the right external IP address. You can check the address to use from inside your wifi at Show IP - What is my IP address
    Quote Originally Posted by olufadi1 View Post
    Hello! I could use some help with getting ampache to work if someone wouldn't mind. Not sure what else to do.

I followed the wiki pretty much to a tee and ampache works for me when I am on my home network, but not over EVDO. I set up the port forwarding for my linksys router from Port Forwarding Guides Listed by Manufacturer and Model - PortForward.com and tried using http://XX.XXX.XXX.XXX/ampache-3.5.4 to access over EVDO. I also tried http://XX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8080/ampache-3.5.4 Windows firewall is off also

I have AT&T DSL (I saw some posts about DSL but wasn't sure what to do with them) and my modem is connected to one router.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Read this post:

Ampache Mobile - Post #1604

Chances are VERY good it'll get rid of your issues.

M.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Hey bjgeiser, can you give us a link to the ipkg file so we can install it on the TouchPad? Thanks.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to: