View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 33737879808182838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    110% they worked fine before. I am investigating further and when trying to play from web interface on pc it tells me memory is low and close programs. Nothing was open I am going to try to reinstall ampache to see if that solves something

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

(Sorry mamouton, P|C isn't sending me thread mails as often as it usually does today for whatever reason)

OK, I just thought I'd ask. I didn't know if it was a completely new install for you or not.

I seriously doubt, though, that nuking your Ampache install and starting over will help this issue as the only thing that changed on my end is moving to webOS 2.1. I really don't think the problem is Ampache Mobile either, for that matter. Something's changed under the hood and not for the better.

I'm playing with some of pulseaudio's settings now to see what happens. I've increased the amount of samples, but decreased their size (more, smaller samples should be easier to pull from disk in a rush situation). I'm allowing it to unload unused modules (memory savings). I don't know that any of this will help this situation any, but it's worth a shot... Worst case scenario, I free up some RAM on my Pre Minus...

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    nachob I update ampache on my computer to 3.5.4 and that fixed my problems. I followed the steps again from here http://nucleardecay.net/pre/Ampache-...it-revised.pdf

in step 27 you have to change ampache-cfg.php to ampache.cfg.php

I am able to stream via wifi and evo using my dyndns server again.
    I'm already on 3.5.4 but I'll give those instructions a try.

Edit: mine is already saved as ampache.cfg.php and still failing over EVDO if I use my dyndns hostname.
    Last edited by NachoB; 03/13/2011 at 10:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I'm trying to collect some data points on where buffer ahead is working and where it isn't. Could you post with what HW/SW you have and how many buffers your can reliably use.

So far I have:
    Original Sprint Pre - webOS 1.4.5 - 2 Buffers working
    Unlocked Pre 2 - webOS 2.0.0 - 2 Buffers working reliably
    Unlocked Pre 2 - webOS 2.1.0 - 2 Buffers working reliably
    Original Sprint Pixi - Has never worked with more than 1 buffer
    Sprint Pre on 2.1.0, Ampache Mobile set to 2 buffers is working so far for me over my home WiFi. Going higher than 2 buffers and it quits playing after about 2 songs I think.
    Haven't tested this scenario over EVDO yet.

Edit: Over EVDO it oftentimes fails to buffer the next song, just sits there with the buffering icon. If I tap on the next song it will buffer and start playing it, but not always.
    Last edited by NachoB; 03/13/2011 at 10:00 AM.
    Hey!

I've been doing a good amount of digging/watching and what I'm finding is two things:

Voice Dial is a POS. It randomly pops up whenever it feels like it, and when it does, it dumps the mediaserver. Even when it doesn't it *seems* to get in the way. I've removed the service and will report back. I only streamed for a little this morning (int he car, of course) and it was without issue. I'll be in the car again for a while this evening to see how it goes.

I still think that there's something "special" about webOS 2.1 that isn't agreeing with the current code in Ampache. I think that Ampache Mobile isn't getting the notification from the OS (or isn't listening to the right thing now) that when bouncing though cell zones, or weak/dead zones, that once the signal is back, it can go ahead and continue. Ampache Mobile just sits there. It can sit at the end of a song, even when the next one is already downloaded, and do nothing. A simple tap of Next Track and it gets going again. Sometimes, I have to go back to the "Shuffle" Screen and re-start the shuffle (and once in a while I have to completly bail out and start over because the spinner where the Play/Pause is just won't go away even if I have full bars in 3G).

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention that I did indeed change the TTL on Ampache Mobile and my server to 600. That hasn't helped anything.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I'm already on 3.5.4 but I'll give those instructions a try.

Edit: mine is already saved as ampache.cfg.php and still failing over EVDO if I use my dyndns hostname.

I totally missed that you were on a original pre. I need to go fire up one of my pre's to see if I have any isssues with 2.1.
    Sprint Pre Minus (Orange Button)
    WebOS 2.1 (Meta-Doctored)
    Tried it with both the Stock Kernel and UberKernel and I get no buffer ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunmorgus View Post
    Sprint Pre Minus (Orange Button)
    WebOS 2.1 (Meta-Doctored)
    Tried it with both the Stock Kernel and UberKernel and I get no buffer ahead.
    How Linux savvy are you?

I've removed the VoiceDial service and anything audio is running considerably more stable. The whole system is smoother, actually. Ampache Mobile is working far better than it had been, but still nothing like it was on top of 1.4.5. It'll still just stop at the end of a song for now reason, when the next one is ready to go as well. It still doesn't realize the Network connection is back (when bouncing through cells or weak/dead zones) like it used to. I've had Ampache Mobile sitting and spinning like there's no network, but mails keep coming in, so I *know* there is.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 03/20/2011 at 06:17 PM.
    Looks exactly like android!!..
  9.    #1649  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    How Linux savvy are you?

I've removed the VoiceDial service and anything audio is running considerably more stable. The whole system is smoother, actually. Ampache Mobile is working far better than it had been, but still nothing like it was on top of 1.4.5. It'll still just stop at the end of a song for now reason, when the next one is ready to go as well. It still doesn't realize the Network connection is back (when bouncing through cells or weak/dead zones) like it used to. I've had Ampache Mobile sitting and spinning like there's no network, but mails keep coming in, so I *know* there is.

M.
    Nice work figuring out the voice dial thing, I was able to reproduce a crash on my Pre 2. As for it just sitting there at the end of a song, I haven't been able to reproduce that yet on the Pre 2. The audio service should be firing an "ended" event saying playback has ended at which point the next song should start. If that isn't happening maybe the event isn't firing?

I need to get a SIM for my Pre 2 to try and reproduce the in and out of network issues. It seemed to be recovering ok if i turned wifi on and off while buffering.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  10.    #1650  
    Quote Originally Posted by alexsmth114 View Post
    Looks exactly like android!!..
    Huh?
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    How Linux savvy are you?

M.

Sorry for the late reply. I'm pretty savvy with linux, and I would love to try and remove the VoiceDial service, as I agree with you that it is a total POS PITA. What do you need me to do on the Linux side of things?
    Quote Originally Posted by sunmorgus View Post
    Sorry for the late reply. I'm pretty savvy with linux, and I would love to try and remove the VoiceDial service, as I agree with you that it is a total POS PITA. What do you need me to do on the Linux side of things?

Good. It's really not a big deal, but just needed to know how comfortable you are with the *NIX CLI.

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipk remove pmvoicecommand
    mount -o remount,ro /
    Give it a reboot.

Assuming you've used the meta-doctor, the IPK is in the build dir of your local git repo, so should you choose to add it back in the future, you can easily.

The icon will still be in your launcher, but it won't work, the "Hold Volume Up To Start Voice Dial" will do nothing, etc., because the service isn't started by removing that app. There's still some language files and codecs that will be left behind from other packages, you can ditch them if you want or leave them in case you change your mind.

Code:
    ipkg list_installed | grep voice
    M.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Nice work figuring out the voice dial thing, I was able to reproduce a crash on my Pre 2. As for it just sitting there at the end of a song, I haven't been able to reproduce that yet on the Pre 2. The audio service should be firing an "ended" event saying playback has ended at which point the next song should start. If that isn't happening maybe the event isn't firing?

I need to get a SIM for my Pre 2 to try and reproduce the in and out of network issues. It seemed to be recovering ok if i turned wifi on and off while buffering.

I was thinking about his post. I'm VERY happy to know that you really are taking this issue serious and even after all this time, still care about us Users.

I think, however, that your test scenario of manually turning of WiFi isn't a very good simulation of the issue. If you are doing ON THE PHONE, then the OS is sending that signal of a "manual shut off" (or whatever) rather than the signal simply disappearing. I think a better test would be to go ahead and start streaming or what-not, and turn off your base station to simulate entering a "Dead Zone". The connection would simply disappear at that point and the OS will not alert itself that it was done on purpose.

M.
    OK, this is long. I'm sorry. Just bare with me.

Here is a half-hour long log of me driving just now back from my GF's place. I go through a couple weak zones, and a couple short ares that are flat dead.

This log is untouched/uncleaned/etc. There's a lot of noise in it, but, I didn't want to disturb anything you might find useful (but it really is just noise).

The screen shot is one of the things that usually happens. This was on my way out to my GF's earlier (hence the time difference). The song played 100% all the way through, and got about 20 seconds into the next one. You see what Ampache Mobile thinks was going on. It thinks that the first one never even finished downloading, and that the second never started. Both of these are not true.

Ampache mobile did this a couple times while I was driving just now (but couldn't really take a screen shot while driving - the first one happened just a minute or so from her place so I could). I had to Next Track a couple times, go back to the Playlist Page and hit shuffle again, and about 5 minutes from the end of the log, I had to hit the play button once to get it to play the next song which was fully downloaded. This is all in the logged drive that I'm posting for you.

If you use Windows, you'll need to use WordPad to open this file. Notepad is dumb and doesn't understand real world EOL's...

LOG:
    messages_ampache_mobile.txt

You'll see the log start with me plugging in the cable leading to my head unit into the headphone jack of the Pre.

M.
    Good. It's really not a big deal, but just needed to know how comfortable you are with the *NIX CLI.

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipk remove pmvoicecommand
    mount -o remount,ro /
    Give it a reboot.

Assuming you've used the meta-doctor, the IPK is in the build dir of your local git repo, so should you choose to add it back in the future, you can easily.

The icon will still be in your launcher, but it won't work, the "Hold Volume Up To Start Voice Dial" will do nothing, etc., because the service isn't started by removing that app. There's still some language files and codecs that will be left behind from other packages, you can ditch them if you want or leave them in case you change your mind.

Code:
    ipkg list_installed | grep voice
    M.
    Ok, I got voice command removed using this code, actually had to do it twice because I accidentally re-installed it trying to get sprint nav working (a story for another day) so I haven't been able to try and see if ampache works any better with it gone. I am happy to report that some of my buffering issues have gotten better ever since turning my buffers down to one (from the previous default of 2), and then better still when following these instructions to permanently increase my compcache size. I haven't tried 2 buffers with the increased size yet, but I will try it on my way home this evening (about a 1 1/2 hour drive). Would a log of that trip be useful at all? If so, what steps would I take to make sure I get an appropriate log?
    I can say that, after increasing my compache size, it does handle one of my larger playlists better (6617 songs), where before it would bring my entire phone to its knees trying to load it. Which brings me to a question...would there be an easy way to implement a random load of a set number of songs from a playlist? I know the ampache interface supports this (there is a load 132 random songs from playlist button on the playlist screen).
    Last edited by sunmorgus; 03/24/2011 at 07:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Just wanted to chime in and say that I am having the exact same issue as Xanadu. Occasionally, I can get through a whole album, but usually, after 1 or 2 songs, I see the same symptoms. The Now Playing screen will show the incorrect time and will not advance the song. When I try to skip to another song, load a new playlist, or restart the current song, the play button shows loading indefinitely. Strangely, the cover art will load, but the song never starts playing, and the buffer never fills. I also here a faint click in the headphones every 10 seconds or so, as if something were trying to start/initiate. Unlike Xanadu, I have never yet seen the software recover from this state, even by skipping songs or starting a new playlist. I have to restart the software, but once it had done this, it will only play one or two songs before hitting the error again, unless I fully reboot the phone.

I cannot confirm for sure, but the problem seems to occur mostly when the swap/memory usage is high.

I a Sprint Pre running 2.1 with the F105 kernel. I'll try switching back to uberkernel, but I don't think others have seen much more success with that.
    Hey!

A bit OT, but, related...

For those that have come to the conclusion that VoiceDial is a POS and want to get rid of it, but are reluctant to go through all the motions of actually removing/uninstalling it, you should be able to simply disable it from starting.

I have outlined it here:

http://forums.precentral.net/2930467-post77.html

It's pretty simple. Obviously, it requires an SDK to novacom into your phone.

M.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    As of a few days ago Ampache Mobile stopped working over EVDO for me. I can open up the Ampache fine in the browser and my RPC settings have 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255 set to All. However, trying to load a stream on the Pre results in an error. Works fine over WIFI.

Any ideas?
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Bryce,

Here's the start of the problem:

2011-04-07T14:04:20.642639Z [38318] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.app.ampachemobile: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'paused' of null, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.app.ampachemobile/javascript/AudioPlayer.jsjsjs:$1$

2011-04-07T14:04:20.667388Z [38318] palm-webos user.warning activitymanager[1699]: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:com.app.ampachemobile]

2011-04-07T14:04:23.379302Z [38321] palm-webos user.warning activitymanager[1699]: [activitymanager.activitymanager] [Activity 544] evicted from run queue on release

Why you packed the .jsjsjs $files$ $I$'$ll$ $never$ $know$ $so$ $debugging$ $further$ $is$ $near$ $impossible$ ($since$ $EVERY$ $error$ $will$ $be$ $on$ &$quot$;$line$ $1$&$quot$;), $but$, $Ampache$ $Mobile$ $gets$ $stuck$ $in$ $trying$ $to$ $set$ $something$ $to$ &$quot$;$paused$&$quot$; $even$ $when$ $a$ $song$ $is$ $playing$. $I$ $believe$ $this$ $then$ $starts$ $the$ $downward$ $file$ $of$ $it$ $thinking$ $it$'$s$ $paused$, $while$ $it$'$s$ $playing$, $or$ $the$ $play$ $button$'$s$ $Spin$ $of$ $Death$ $even$ $in$ $full$ $signal$, $etc$.

Why that happens, I don't know yet. I was going to try and unpack the files and watch for the error again. Do you have an unpacked stash of the files already somewhere?

M.