View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 53.87%
  • No

    137 46.13%
Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32727778798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #1621  
    Installation on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit (done in September 2010).
    XAMPP-win32-1.7.3
    Ampache 3.5.4

    I've had the server up and running since September 2010, streaming fine over EVDO to Ampache Mobile.

    In the past couple of days it will no longer stream over EVDO to either Ampache Mobile or AmpachPre, citing media_err_decode, if I use my dyndns name for the server address. If I use my external IP in the server settings, then it does stream (albeit getting the buffer errors you guys are now seeing on webOS 2.1.0). As far as Apache or Ampache I have made no changes to any of the settings.

    Two changes I am aware of, both of which occurred before I noticed streaming on my Pre with Ampache Mobile quit working:

    1) I upgraded my Sprint Pre minus to webOS 2.1.0, also installing support for Flash.
    2) AT&T reset my 2wire Gateway when we were trouble shooting speed issues. Port forwards were reconfigured (by myself) afterwards.

    What does work:
    1) PC on local network - I have no problems streaming via browser
    2) PC outside of local network - I have no problems streaming via browser using my dyndns hostname.
    3) Pre on local network - I have no problems streaming via Ampache Mobile (I'll have to recheck if using my dyndns hostname works while on my local network).
    4) Pre outside of local network - I have no problems streaming via browser using Flash.
    5) Pre outside of local network - I have no problems streaming via Ampache Mobile using my external IP as the server address.

    Windows Firewall is disabled.

    So, has something changed at dyndns that might be effecting the stream if I use my dyndns hostname?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  2. #1622  
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    Well, carp. I spoke too soon. Wireless works like a charm. dynDNS is set up with the 9x.xx...etc. location, not the 192.x.x.x location. I'm having a horrid time with the port forwarding issue. I'm on a Netgear router WNDR3700 if anyone has any ideas specific to that hardware configuration.

    OS is Windows 7. I have a KDE & Ubuntu install on a couple of devices, but really don't want to use those (i'm not incredibly skilled with linux).

    Anyway, any help would be appreciated. The thread has been excellent in getting me this far without outside help, but I've been staring at this too long now, so my personal threshold has been met (at least for now). It's a rare day off for me, and don't want it all to melt away in front of the PC.

    Thanks in advance!
    Try using your external IP over EVDO. I'm seeing issues as well using my dyndns hostname (as I just posted).

    Unless your issue is more complex and you can't even hit the server.

    Using my dyndns hostname, I can hit the server just fine, see my music, but it just won't stream on Ampache Mobile.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #1623  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Well, what I'm seeing most often is once the second stream goes into a stall condition, it never picks back up. Once it stalls, it stalls. Once Ampache Mobile plays to that part of the "second" (queued/downloading) track, the play button goes whirly, and that's it. *Sometimes*, hitting the Next Track button wakes it up enough to start pulling in the next track (not the currently queued/stalled track - the next one), but, 95% it takes a close and re-open of the app to stream at all again (only to repeat the above process). This happens even on WiFi 20 feet from the AP.

    I don't know if this helps any, but, I'll try and supply any more info you need!


    M.
    My guess is that buffer ahead is causing gstreamer to crash, to my knowledge there aren't many apps attempting to prebuffer songs.

    I just got my Dev Pre 2 (today) so I'll take a look at it on webOS 2.1 this weekend. I'm using it right now with 2.0 and it appears to be working.

    Might be nothing that can be done about 2.1 other than reporting the issue to Palm/HP so they can fix it in the next version.

    The obvious work around would be to turn off buffer ahead, but that sucks. It took me weeks to get that working at all.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  4.    #1624  
    Streaming right now with 2 buffers on my new Pre 2 (webOS 2.1) and seems to be fine. I'm starting to think it may be a lack of memory issue with the older HW.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  5. #1625  
    For any who were vested in some way shape or form. I'm fully functional now. Thanks to everyone who helped.

    It was in fact port forwarding, but I had it right most of the time.

    Instead of port forwarding fixing the issue completely, the sticking issue was because I was using x.dyndns.org/ampache, when in fact I should have entered x.dyndns.org/ampache/ampache

    I feel really
  6.    #1626  
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    For any who were vested in some way shape or form. I'm fully functional now. Thanks to everyone who helped.

    It was in fact port forwarding, but I had it right most of the time.

    Instead of port forwarding fixing the issue completely, the sticking issue was because I was using x.dyndns.org/ampache, when in fact I should have entered x.dyndns.org/ampache/ampache

    I feel really
    Glad you got it working!
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  7.    #1627  
    I'm trying to collect some data points on where buffer ahead is working and where it isn't. Could you post with what HW/SW you have and how many buffers your can reliably use.

    So far I have:
    Original Sprint Pre - webOS 1.4.5 - 2 Buffers working
    Unlocked Pre 2 - webOS 2.0.0 - 2 Buffers working reliably
    Unlocked Pre 2 - webOS 2.1.0 - 2 Buffers working reliably
    Original Sprint Pixi - Has never worked with more than 1 buffer
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  8. #1628  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I'm trying to collect some data points on where buffer ahead is working and where it isn't. Could you post with what HW/SW you have and how many buffers your can reliably use.

    So far I have:
    Original Sprint Pre - webOS 1.4.5 - 2 Buffers working
    Unlocked Pre 2 - webOS 2.0.0 - 2 Buffers working reliably
    Unlocked Pre 2 - webOS 2.1.0 - 2 Buffers working reliably
    Original Sprint Pixi - Has never worked with more than 1 buffer

    Where's the option for not being able to use buffers reliably period?

    It's done it three times to me today the three times I tried to stream like I usually do. Once it stalls even once, that's it. Sometimes it'll download three full songs (I set that buffer as a test, I ususaly have only two). Sometimes it can't get through even one. Once it stalls, it's done. It won't try again until I close and reopen it.

    #######
    # EDIT:

    I've just now turned on "Stream Debug". I don't know what it does. Does it give you some extra data?
    #######


    M.
  9.    #1629  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Where's the option for not being able to use buffers reliably period?

    It's done it three times to me today the three times I tried to stream like I usually do. Once it stalls even once, that's it. Sometimes it'll download three full songs (I set that buffer as a test, I ususaly have only two). Sometimes it can't get through even one. Once it stalls, it's done. It won't try again until I close and reopen it.


    M.
    You'd have to dial back the number of buffers to one in the extra account settings, then try to increase that number until it stops working to find the threshold where it becomes unreliable.

    The current default is 2
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  10. #1630  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    You'd have to dial back the number of buffers to one in the extra account settings, then try to increase that number until it stops working to find the threshold where it becomes unreliable.

    The current default is 2

    I understand the default is two, and prior to the second and third stream attempts today, I've always had it at two for the many months I've been using this (and AmpachPre - which has a FAR superior "Random" function, BTW). What I'm saying is that sometimes it doesn't even get though one track because once it stalls, it's done. It doesn't try to pick itself back up anymore like it used to.

    I've now turned on Stream Debug. Does that dump a more verbose log for you?


    M.
  11.    #1631  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I understand the default is two, and prior to the second and third stream attempts today, I've always had it at two for the many months I've been using this (and AmpachPre - which has a FAR superior "Random" function, BTW). What I'm saying is that sometimes it doesn't even get though one track because once it stalls, it's done. It doesn't try to pick itself back up anymore like it used to.

    I've now turned on Stream Debug. Does that dump a more verbose log for you?


    M.
    Ok... thanks for clarifying. What HW/SW are you on? I haven't to successful in reproducing your issue.

    It's been months since I've looked at that Stream Debug stuff. I'm gonna have to go look at what happens different with that option turned on.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  12. #1632  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Ok... thanks for clarifying. What HW/SW are you on? I haven't to successful in reproducing your issue.

    It's been months since I've looked at that Stream Debug stuff. I'm gonna have to go look at what happens different with that option turned on.
    Geeze, sorry man...

    Sprint Pre Minus (Silver Button)
    webOS 2.1
    AV8B-20

    I was using Thunderchief with ScreenstateV2, and performance (per 'Psycho's suggestion in the past). Same issues. I tried Harrier because it doesn't do *any* frequency scaling at all - the code's not even there.


    M.
  13.    #1633  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Geeze, sorry man...

    Sprint Pre Minus (Silver Button)
    webOS 2.1
    AV8B-20

    I was using Thunderchief with ScreenstateV2, and performance (per 'Psycho's suggestion in the past). Same issues. I tried Harrier because it doesn't do *any* frequency scaling at all - the code's not even there.


    M.
    Any chance you can use nova term into your device and do a real time tail of the file while this is going on. The previous log you posted might be missing the initial failure.

    tail -f /var/log/messages
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  14.    #1634  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    It's been months since I've looked at that Stream Debug stuff. I'm gonna have to go look at what happens different with that option turned on.
    Ok... memory = refreshed....

    stream debug prints extra info to the now playing album screen about what the streams are doing.. but no extra logging
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  15.    #1635  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Geeze, sorry man...

    Sprint Pre Minus (Silver Button)
    webOS 2.1
    AV8B-20

    I was using Thunderchief with ScreenstateV2, and performance (per 'Psycho's suggestion in the past). Same issues. I tried Harrier because it doesn't do *any* frequency scaling at all - the code's not even there.


    M.
    Here is what I've done around this/a similar issue in the past.

    Bug report to Palm: Forums webOS • View topic - 1.4.1 Audio Failure with Server Timeout

    Possible Server Workaround: CommonIssues - ampache-mobile - Some pointers for common issues encountered while setting up Ampache - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  16. #1636  
    I am getting the same error as nachob. It is also saying transcoding may be required.
  17. #1637  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I am getting the same error as nachob. It is also saying transcoding may be required.

    You're 100% sure the files you are trying to stream are MP3's? Nevermind what types can and can't be streamed. They are easiest, start there.


    M.
  18. #1638  
    110% they worked fine before. I am investigating further and when trying to play from web interface on pc it tells me memory is low and close programs. Nothing was open I am going to try to reinstall ampache to see if that solves something

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  19. #1639  
    The only music I own are mp3 format. My tests were done trying to stream the exact same song.

    A remove/install of Ampache Mobile did not fix my issue. I've just created 2 separate server accounts (in Ampache Mobile) so depending on my whereabouts I'll use the appropriate server (Home WiFi or EVDO).
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    You're 100% sure the files you are trying to stream are MP3's? Nevermind what types can and can't be streamed. They are easiest, start there.


    M.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    110% they worked fine before. I am investigating further and when trying to play from web interface on pc it tells me memory is low and close programs. Nothing was open I am going to try to reinstall ampache to see if that solves something

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  20. #1640  
    nachob I update ampache on my computer to 3.5.4 and that fixed my problems. I followed the steps again from herer http://nucleardecay.net/pre/Ampache-...it-revised.pdf

    in step 27 you have to change ampache-cfg.php to ampache.cfg.php

    I am able to stream via wifi and evo using my dyndns server again.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions