View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31717677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Also, Ampache server only scrobbles a few songs to Last.fm.... ugh

Actually, it seems to be scrobbling fine, the Ampache history isn't correct....
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Also, Ampache server only scrobbles a few songs to Last.fm.... ugh

Actually, it seems to be scrobbling fine, the Ampache history isn't correct....

This is getting WAY beyond the scope of this thread. You may want to start another in the normal General Discussion section(s).

That said, I can say that Ampache works 100% fine. I've had my own running for almost a year now. Scrobbling works too (only been doing that since November or something, though)

Xanadu7373's Music Profile - Users at Last.fm

M.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I'll worry about last.fm later... any ideas on my external streaming issue?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    I'll worry about last.fm later... any ideas on my external streaming issue?

Since this is totally Off Topic and could very well get deleted by a Mod, read it fast.

What are the last two digits of the year you were born?
    What are the last two digits of the year of your first car?

Put those two together and you now have a port number you can memorize easily. The port number needs to be greater than 1024 and less than 65535. Those two questions above should fall in that range. For example:

If I was born in 1963 and drove a 1972 Mustang: 6372 would be the port.

(No, this is not the "secret" combo I use, it's just the first thing that came to mind - and No, that's not correct info for me)

That is the port you should have your webserver run on. In your router, forward "any" --> (web port) @ the INTERNAL IP of the computer that is running Amapache. For instance:

any --> 192.168.1.2 Port:6372

(No I was not born in 1963, nor was my first car made in 1972 - this is just an example)

I have no idea how to configure whatever router you have, I cannot help you there.

After that, run a test. On your phone (not connected to WiFi):

http://ext.ern.al.ip:6372/

You NEED to put the port in the URL. ":6372" (example only) *must* be in it. Same thing for setting up Ampache Mobile.

If you did the above correctly (and told your web server to listen on that port AND you started it), you should see the default web page that whatever webserver hands out. Apache has a simple page that says "IT WORKS!". I don't remember what IIS does.

From there, make sure your web server knows that when it's accessed with the "directory" of /ampache, if loads for the directory you installed Ampache in.

Assuming you're using Windows, here is the install and setup for Windows:

Ampache on Windows [Ampache :: Wiki]

M.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    The port number needs to be greater than 1024 and less than 65535.
    OK, this is probably what's going on. I didn't know this.

Thanks for the help, I think it's relevant to the thread. I'm testing now
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    OK, this is probably what's going on. I didn't know this.

Thanks for the help, I think it's relevant to the thread. I'm testing now

By the way, turn off remote administration on your router. HUGE security hole...

M.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I'm not sure why, but I can't change my Ampache server from port 80

I go into Server Config > System, and change the port and apply, but nothing changes
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I edited the port in xampp/ampache/config/httpd.conf and I can connect to the server fine now (finally)

However, I am still getting this error:

VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    I edited the port in xampp/ampache/config/httpd.conf and I can connect to the server fine now (finally)

However, I am still getting this error:
    You may need to re-run through the initial ampache configuration now that you've changed the web server. I can see that its reading your songs and stuff, but can't actually stream.

Better yet, can you attach (or PM me) your ampache.config? On my Gentoo machine(s), it's in:

/var/www/localhost/htdocs/ampache/config/

named: ampache.cfg.php

I haven't a clue where it is in whatever you're using.

There's a username/password in there that you may want to delete before doing either. It's the username and password for ampache DB you set up in MySql or whatever. It's only internal type stuff that's not really used outside, though.

hmmm... is your database server started as well as the web server?

At any rate, I think this may be best taken into a PM conversation so we don't continue to clog up this thread any more. Once it's working for you, you SHOULD post back the solution(s) for future generations to find.

M.
    Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but I recently upgraded my pre- to 2.1 and the pre-buffer is no longer working. Has anybody else had trouble with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by sunmorgus View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but I recently upgraded my pre- to 2.1 and the pre-buffer is no longer working. Has anybody else had trouble with this?

Nope. Works fine here.

M.
    Nope. Works fine here.

M.
    Actually, I think you misunderstood me...buffering the current song works perfectly, but it no longer buffers the next song as well like it used to (the Buffer Ahead), as in this setting...

Quote Originally Posted by sunmorgus View Post
    Actually, I think you misunderstood me...buffering the current song works perfectly, but it no longer buffers the next song as well like it used to (the Buffer Ahead), as in this setting...

Ah. I stream in the car 95% of the time and can't sit and watch it (for somewhat obvious reasons... ).

That would explain why I get a lot of drops lately in the beginning of tracks. I'm not convinced that it's Ampache Mobile that's the issue, though. Even just using Koto or something, I get the mediaserver go belly up fairly often on 2.* now and have to stop and start the pulseaudio daemon to get audio working again. I don't know, yet, if this is some odd by product of Psycho's ugly hacks he's had to make to get his governors running on 2.* or not yet. I haven't ran that/those tests.

It could very well be Ampache Mobile that's the issue here, if it's using ANY part of the OLD media/file indexer service to do what it does (as those services have completely changed). But again, I have some nasty audio issues doing other things too.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 03/10/2011 at 10:22 AM.
    Yeah, I noticed some audio weirdness as well, but that got better once I got UberKernel running...I was wondering if it wasn't in fact a memory issue that was preventing the pre-buffer...in my experience so far 2.x is using more memory than 1.4.5 did (duh) and my thought is since ampache mobile buffers into memory instead of onto the flash that there just isn't enough free memory to do the buffer ahead.

I'm still waiting on my dev pre 2, so I will try the buffer ahead on there as well and see if I can get it working, provided I can figure out a way to install in on the pre 2 that is...
  15.    #1615  
    It could very well be Ampache Mobile that's the issue here, if it's using ANY part of the OLD media/file indexer service to do what it does (as those services have completely changed). But again, I have some nasty audio issues doing other things too.
    Ampache Mobile only uses the HTML5 audio tag. In fact i did all my buffer ahead code development in safari. If buffer ahead has stopped working its because of how webOS implements that tag in its browser, since all apps are essentially running in a browser window.

It could also be for lack of RAM, buffer ahead has never worked in the original Pixi. Could be the same issue, I've never had a Pixi to debug it with.

On the brighter side I am getting a Development Pre 2 and its out for delivery today. I'll take a look at things this weekend.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Ampache Mobile only uses the HTML5 audio tag. In fact i did all my buffer ahead code development in safari. If buffer ahead has stopped working its because of how webOS implements that tag in its browser, since all apps are essentially running in a browser window.

It could also be for lack of RAM, buffer ahead has never worked in the original Pixi. Could be the same issue, I've never had a Pixi to debug it with.

On the brighter side I am getting a Development Pre 2 and its out for delivery today. I'll take a look at things this weekend.
    It's bringing up the "webOS stall detection" is kicking in quite often. I've seen it more in the past 5 minutes of testing, than I have since last summer when I got all this going great.

I looks like the mediaserver/gstreamer keeps getting very confused / dieing. I don't know if it has to do with the kernel or if Ampache Mobile is triggering something. I'll swap Thunderchief out for UberKernel and see if I get the same results. If I do, I'll try Palm Stock.

Please see the attached. Just a simple "grep -i media /var/log/messages". If you're on Windows, you'll need to open this with WordPad (or notepad++). I'm on Linux and Notepad doesn't understand *NIX's EOL.

media_dump.txt

M.
  17.    #1617  
    It's bringing up the "webOS stall detection" is kicking in quite often. I've seen it more in the past 5 minutes of testing, than I have since last summer when I got all this going great.

I looks like the mediaserver/gstreamer keeps getting very confused / dieing. I don't know if it has to do with the kernel or if Ampache Mobile is triggering something. I'll swap Thunderchief out for UberKernel and see if I get the same results. If I do, I'll try Palm Stock.

Please see the attached. Just a simple "grep -i media /var/log/messages". If you're on Windows, you'll need to open this with WordPad (or notepad++). I'm on Linux and Notepad doesn't understand *NIX's EOL.

media_dump.txt

M.
    In the past I've seen gstreamer on webos attempt to pause a stream from downloading, I assume because its running out of memory. Then later try to restart that stream, however it pauses it long enough for the TCP socket to timeout and fails to detect the loss of its communications path. So then it trys to pickup right where it left off, resulting in all kinds of errors.

Are you seeing the second stream pause at all?
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Thank you to the dev! It took me since launch to finally decide to invest a few hours to do this, but I have it up and running today!!! Thank you!

Btw...is this still being supported?

Edit: Donation sent!
    Last edited by steffej3; 03/11/2011 at 08:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    In the past I've seen gstreamer on webos attempt to pause a stream from downloading, I assume because its running out of memory. Then later try to restart that stream, however it pauses it long enough for the TCP socket to timeout and fails to detect the loss of its communications path. So then it trys to pickup right where it left off, resulting in all kinds of errors.

Are you seeing the second stream pause at all?

Well, what I'm seeing most often is once the second stream goes into a stall condition, it never picks back up. Once it stalls, it stalls. Once Ampache Mobile plays to that part of the "second" (queued/downloading) track, the play button goes whirly, and that's it. *Sometimes*, hitting the Next Track button wakes it up enough to start pulling in the next track (not the currently queued/stalled track - the next one), but, 95% it takes a close and re-open of the app to stream at all again (only to repeat the above process). This happens even on WiFi 20 feet from the AP.

I don't know if this helps any, but, I'll try and supply any more info you need!

M.
    Well, carp. I spoke too soon. Wireless works like a charm. dynDNS is set up with the 9x.xx...etc. location, not the 192.x.x.x location. I'm having a horrid time with the port forwarding issue. I'm on a Netgear router WNDR3700 if anyone has any ideas specific to that hardware configuration.

OS is Windows 7. I have a KDE & Ubuntu install on a couple of devices, but really don't want to use those (i'm not incredibly skilled with linux).

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. The thread has been excellent in getting me this far without outside help, but I've been staring at this too long now, so my personal threshold has been met (at least for now). It's a rare day off for me, and don't want it all to melt away in front of the PC.

Thanks in advance!