View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29697475767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I just bought a Western Digital MyBook World, it's a great NAS that lets me stream content stored on it to any machine on the network, including an XBox.

I'm not very experienced with Linux, but I heard that this thing has that running under the hood and it could be modified to become a print server and other fun things. I read enough tutorials to figure out how to install an Optware depository and get a nice, remotely accessible web interface to view the photos I've stored on there. Unfortunately, this web interface (called AccessBook) doesn't support phones when it comes to opening music and video. You can log into it via SSH (i gave it a static IP) and run all sorts of commands. I've installed PHP and mySQL support, but now I'm a tiny bit lost when it comes to installing Ampache from here, maybe the developer of the Pre app could help.

The wiki offers a compressed file, but I'm not sure how to have this extract in the hard drive and install it. I think if you just thought of this thing as a linux webserver then maybe I could use a short tutorial.

Short version: My NAS has Linux built in. I can get in via SSH as root user. How do I download and install Ampache from here?
    So I'm having a bit of problems with transcoding and downsampling. I followed elryon's guide on page 12 of this forum but got an error while trying to play my MP3's. I was thinking that it could be caused by me having the latest version of ampache but I have no idea what could be the problem, can anyone help?

P.S. Everything else works fine, got it to stream on home wifi and EVDO, even plays m4v videos, just cant get it to transcode without errors.
    Hey BJ (and anyone else who can help), I have an issue. Whenever I attempt to log in using Ampache Mobile, I get this error: "Connection Error: Unauthorized access attempt to API - ACL Error." I have used Ampache Mobile many times in the past without this error, and have ensured that my Ampache server is accessible remotely. I have all-encompassing ACL entries for both the web interface and for streaming, IPv4 and v6 for each, yet still have this issue.

This issue may have began when I recently updated to the most current Ampache build, however there was a fair gap of time between then and now. (A few weeks)
    Nevermind, I solved my issue, I was looking too deep into the problem when i really should have been looking at the big picture, I'm just an ***** and made a small mistake.
    Again, can anyone help solve the issue I have with the "ACL error?" I have a bit more info to share. This problem comes up when I access my Ampache server via Ampache Mobile, but using the Pre's browser, I can reach and login to the server with no problems. I recently tried enabling xml-rpc, which was set to false in the Ampache configuration file, but it didn't do the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber Mage View Post
    Again, can anyone help solve the issue I have with the "ACL error?" I have a bit more info to share. This problem comes up when I access my Ampache server via Ampache Mobile, but using the Pre's browser, I can reach and login to the server with no problems. I recently tried enabling xml-rpc, which was set to false in the Ampache configuration file, but it didn't do the trick.
    Have you checked the information on Common Issues ?

You may want to start with something like this, then lock it down (i.e. restrict IP ranges).

Code:
    Name	Start Address	End Address	Level	User	Type	Action
    Web     	0.0.0.0 	255.255.255.255	All	All	Web Interface	  
    Streaming	0.0.0.0 	255.255.255.255	All	All	Stream Access	  
    RPC     	0.0.0.0 	255.255.255.255	All	All	API/RPC	  
    Local Network	192.0.0.0	192.255.255.255	All	All	Local Network Definition
    Wow... Somehow I spaced adding API/RPC to the ACL. You'd think it'd have been pretty obvious to me, with the phone's error saying "Unauthorized access to the *HINT-HINT* API," and all. <X'D Gosh. Alright well thanks, wilderf, for the help. Issue solved >.<; =P.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Hey Bryce,

Got any plans for WebOS 2.0?
    Just Type integration perhaps?
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
    It doesn't appear a new version of Ampache will be around for a significant amount of time. At least not a "HOLD THE PRESSES" type upgrade. Any chance we can get some feature adds soon?
    I've read that some of you have figured out how to run Ampache through a reverse proxy. Could anyone run me through it? I set up the server perfectly but hit a snag cause my bro won't port forward so I can't access the server externally, but he gave me a tip to just try a reverse proxy. And well I've been searching and I'm stumped.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

I'm having troubles connecting my Palm Pre to my Ampache database to listen to my music though Ampache Mobile and also Ampachpre (trying both). I have the the xampp installs 1.7.3 on windows 7 x64.

I have set everything up and I am able to connect and login http://localhost/xampp and localhost/ampache-3.5.4/ to see my ampache and see my database of music and phpmyadmin. I have set up dyndns for my external ip.

I have tried to change ports because my port 80/443 is being blocked or used by something. I'm not sure what (I have turned off my firewall and have port forwarded the ports but still no go so i changed the port number, which i check and the port is open). After changing that, I have tried changing the httpd.conf file to listen to my port I changed to. When changing the port though I couldn't get a connection on browser or palm, so I turned it back to port 80.

So, on port 80, I get timeout issues on Ampache and AmpachPre. I also get timeout error pages when going to my dyndns on browser and also on other computers on/not on my home network.

My ACL's are all setup too. I have two different ones. One is RPC and the other is Stream Access with access to all levels and all users, blank remote keys and the range of addresses.

So, I'm not sure how or what to do. I just keep getting timeout errors on ampache mobile and ampachpre and browsers.

I have been at this for 3 days now, I have read the wikis, common issues, and googled many times. My ports are forwarded in my router, and I can connect to ampache and phpmyadmin.

Can someone, please, help me with this?

Thank You!
    Last edited by h2onions; 12/28/2010 at 08:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I am using Ampache on a windows machine. Transcoding mp3s and Flac work flawlessly. However, I have a problem with m4a files. When they transcode, all I get is extremely loud static. I've googled and searched the ampache forums, and the recommendation is to change the transcoding settings. However, I get it even when using the settings recommended in the threads.

Would someone be able to look at my transcoding line and tell me what, if anything, I should change?

C:\transcode\faad\faad -f 2 -w %FILE% | C:\transcode\lame\lame -r -x -b %SAMPLE% -S - -

Also, does anyone know how to transcode both apple lossless and normal m4a files on a windows machine? I saw the instructions for how to do so in linux, but I'm lost as to the steps on windows.
    I just installed Ampache (on my Ubuntu server) over the weekend, and I must say it's wonderful!

EDIT 2: Had a small bit of an issue not knowing that I needed to manually copy the config file to the appropriate location under the /etc directory. Once I sorted that, it started working great.

Now I can remove the MP3s I have loaded on my Sprint Pre (Minus) and free up 3GB of space! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

EDIT 1: Sound quality is a bit murky like some of the highs are missing. Probably due to the default transcoding rate. Will have to turn that up a bit when I get home.
    Last edited by SilvrDrgn; 01/03/2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Added some text
    Quote Originally Posted by h2onions View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm having troubles connecting my Palm Pre to my Ampache database to listen to my music though Ampache Mobile and also Ampachpre (trying both). I have the the xampp installs 1.7.3 on windows 7 x64...
    Did you solve your problem yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by h2onions View Post
    C:\transcode\faad\faad -f 2 -w %FILE% | C:\transcode\lame\lame -r -x -b %SAMPLE% -S - -
    Quick questions...

1) Open up a DOS command window (i.e DOS prompt)

2) Type "C:\transcode\faad\faad" and hit enter. What happens?

3) Type "C:\transcode\lame\lame" and hit enter. What happens?
    Does anyone else have problems with Ampache Mobile not shutting down properly and running your battery down? I've tried to use it several times over some months (after Doctorings) and while it looks and works great, I notice that my phone gets hot/warm and the battery runs down fast sometimes after I've used Ampache Mobile.

Lest someone ask- no, this is not caused by using it for hours. This behavior is observed where I use it for a few minutes, close it down and then notice later that the phone is quite warm and battery is unusually low for the time of day.

I end up using the other ampache app as a result- curious if anyone else noticed (not enough to read 79 pages of posts to find out)
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrish View Post
    Does anyone else have problems with Ampache Mobile not shutting down properly and running your battery down? I've tried to use it several times over some months (after Doctorings) and while it looks and works great, I notice that my phone gets hot/warm and the battery runs down fast sometimes after I've used Ampache Mobile.

Lest someone ask- no, this is not caused by using it for hours. This behavior is observed where I use it for a few minutes, close it down and then notice later that the phone is quite warm and battery is unusually low for the time of day.

I end up using the other ampache app as a result- curious if anyone else noticed (not enough to read 79 pages of posts to find out)
    I think I noticed that a while back, but I'm not sure if it's still around for me.
    Does this happen if you don't play any music with Ampache Mobile?
    Maybe try pausing the playback and letting it sit for a few seconds before closing the app?
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I finally was able to get an apache server up and running on my PC and this app is working perfectly!!!

However I have a bit of a side question. I know that my Pre won't be able to play .avi files but since I do have the capability of making them available on the server I was wondering if there was any way to be able to tag the .avi file so that the title shows up in the catalog. The server will add the files to the catalog just fine, however all of the files come up listed without a name. Anyone have any idea how I might be able to do this?
  19.    #1579  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzman View Post
    It doesn't appear a new version of Ampache will be around for a significant amount of time. At least not a "HOLD THE PRESSES" type upgrade. Any chance we can get some feature adds soon?
    Probably not until I can get a new device with webOS 2.0. Looks like Sprint users won't be getting an update to 2.0. And I don't feel like dropping $500 out of pocket to bye an unlocked Pre 2.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  20.    #1580  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrish View Post

Can you install JSTop and see if Ampache Mobile is still runing in the background? There have been thousands of Ampache Mobile users and this is the first i am hearing of this.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.