View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 53.87%
  • No

    137 46.13%
Page 76 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #1501  
    Try some random port number to 80 in your router.
    Like WAN port 9000 to LAN 80 (just an example)

    I see you have 9090 going to 80, have you tried that?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  2. sparkyr's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #1502  
    yeah, i've tried 9090 and a couple other random ones. it almost seems like my router isn't working but I always hate blaming something not working on a hardware issue because it normally isn't the issue. I can't think of what else to try though...
  3. #1503  
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyr View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion Nacho. That doesn't work either and as you can see from my router setup I have tried it with other ports as well without any luck. any other ideas what i could be doing wrong?
    Try turning off remote administration via http and delete the 8080 and 9090 rule. Then try it via http://xx.xx.xx.xx/ampache
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  4. #1504  
    Good call, didn't think about that. I configured Apache/Ampache to a random port from the start. So mine is WAN 9664 to LAN 9664.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/20/2010 at 07:24 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  5. sparkyr's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #1505  
    I've never seen this before but I don't see an option on my router to disable wireless administration! There is an option to disable remote access from the internet (which is already disabled)

    Would it be best to change the port that Ampache/Apache listens on like Nacho did to eliminate that issue? If so, could you tell me exactly how to do that? When I searched there was a post about changing a line in the httpd config file but my config didn't have that line.
    Last edited by sparkyr; 09/10/2010 at 11:40 AM.
  6. #1506  
    I would, and make it the same for WAN and LAN

    Edit this file: \apache\conf\httpd.conf

    Around line 47 is where you change the Listen Port.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  7. #1507  
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyr View Post
    I've never seen this before but I don't see an option on my router to disable wireless administration! There is an option to disable remote access from the internet (which is already disabled)

    Would it be best to change the port that Ampache/Apache listens on like Nacho did to eliminate that issue? If so, could you tell me exactly how to do that? When I searched there was a post about changing a line in the httpd config file but my config didn't have that line.
    not wireless, remote. You an get to your router via http://64.XX.XXX.XXX but remote administration is turned off? What did you mean by get to your router?

    Changing the port apache listens on might work for ya.
  8. #1508  
    I would really like to set up transcoding. Is there any step by step directions in order to accomplish this? I have searched online, but the directions I have found here are way too vague. Thanks in advance!

    Chris
    Last edited by Dchris222; 09/10/2010 at 12:41 PM.
  9. sparkyr's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #1509  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    not wireless, remote. You an get to your router via http://64.XX.XXX.XXX but remote administration is turned off? What did you mean by get to your router?

    Changing the port apache listens on might work for ya.
    That is weird that I have remote admin turned off but I can get to it (the router login screen) via the external IP address. I'm trying the external IP while on my home network so maybe that is why?
  10. sparkyr's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #1510  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I would, and make it the same for WAN and LAN

    Edit this file: \apache\conf\httpd.conf

    Around line 47 is where you change the Listen Port.
    So, I changed Listening Port in httpd.conf and stopped/restarted sql and ampache services but when i go to debug tools in Ampache there is an entry that says http_port and it still says 80. Is this how I verify it was changed because if so it didn't work.

    There is also a section in httpd config further down that says "ServerName localhost:80" that I tried changing to the new port number as well but that didn't work either. Should that one stay on 80 or also change to my new port number?

    btw, in the ampache control panel even though I start the Ampache service it doesn't say "Running" like the sql service. however, i don't have an issue getting to ampache so it seems like it is running without issues.
    Last edited by sparkyr; 09/10/2010 at 01:11 PM.
  11. #1511  
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyr View Post
    So, I changed Listening Port in httpd.conf and stopped/restarted sql and ampache services but when i go to debug tools in Ampache there is an entry that says http_port and it still says 80. Is this how I verify it was changed because if so it didn't work.
    Mine says 80 as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyr View Post
    There is also a section in httpd config further down that says "ServerName localhost:80" that I tried changing to the new port number as well but that didn't work either. Should that one stay on 80 or also change to my new port number?
    Mine is listed the same, as localhost:80

    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyr View Post
    btw, in the ampache control panel even though I start the Ampache service it doesn't say "Running" like the sql service. however, i don't have an issue getting to ampache so it seems like it is running without issues.
    Don't think I've seen an Ampache Control Panel
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  12. sparkyr's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #1512  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Mine says 80 as well.


    Mine is listed the same, as localhost:80


    Don't think I've seen an Ampache Control Panel
    hmm... still no luck on port 9664 ater changing it in the httpd config and on the router

    i might need to try a different router
  13.    #1513  
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyr View Post
    hmm... still no luck on port 9664 ater changing it in the httpd config and on the router

    i might need to try a different router
    Is this by any chance using a DSL modem? Some DSL modems have routers/firewalls included, if so you may need to configure it for passthru mode.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  14. sparkyr's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #1514  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Is this by any chance using a DSL modem? Some DSL modems have routers/firewalls included, if so you may need to configure it for passthru mode.
    no, i have a cable modem (no firewall) connected to the router. I turned off windows firewall temporarily as well even though i don't think that is necessary.
  15. #1515  
    i'm trying to get this app up and working,

    windows 7 ultimate 64, running iis 7.5, php and mysql installed. app up and running, but probably not configured right.

    dyndns working, i can log in remotely, and setup the app on the pre and it pulls the songs down, but when it attempts to play a song I get:

    streaming error:

    network error occured. the network cannot support an audio stream at this time.

    debug info:
    error type: MEDIA_ERR_NETWORK
    Mime: audio/mpeg
    Song Link: Stream Link

    any help would be appreciated!

    Thanks!
  16. #1516  
    I am using Mode Switcher with a car mode that starts Ampache mobile when the aux jack is plugged. I have ampache mobile configured so that it automatically connects to my EVO connection.

    My question does ampache mobile have a setting that allows a playlist to be loaded and started on startup?
  17. #1517  
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedood View Post
    i'm trying to get this app up and working,

    windows 7 ultimate 64, running iis 7.5, php and mysql installed. app up and running, but probably not configured right.

    dyndns working, i can log in remotely, and setup the app on the pre and it pulls the songs down, but when it attempts to play a song I get:

    streaming error:

    network error occured. the network cannot support an audio stream at this time.

    debug info:
    error type: MEDIA_ERR_NETWORK
    Mime: audio/mpeg
    Song Link: Stream Link

    any help would be appreciated!

    Thanks!
    Are you able to log in to your Ampache website and play music? Have you set up your user account to allow streaming from all IP addresses?
  18. #1518  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchris222 View Post
    I would really like to set up transcoding. Is there any step by step directions in order to accomplish this? I have searched online, but the directions I have found here are way too vague. Thanks in advance!

    Chris
    What you are looking for is on Bjgeiser's Google Code Wiki, here AACPlusTranscoding - ampache-mobile - Guide to transcoding to HE-AAC+ - Project Hosting on Google Code

    This is to transcode to AAC and is written from a Windows perspective, but the information applies to all operating systems
  19. #1519  
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnowdog View Post
    Are you able to log in to your Ampache website and play music? Have you set up your user account to allow streaming from all IP addresses?
    i'm able to log in remotely, but unable to play any music, i've downloaded a windows client as well, amarok, and it crashes when it tries to stream,

    below is my access control list setup:

    Access Control Entries
    Name Start Address End Address Level User Type Action
    DEFAULTv4 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 All All Web Interface Edit Delete
    DEFAULTv4 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 All All Stream Access Edit Delete
    DEFAULTv6 :: ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff All All Web Interface Edit Delete
    DEFAULTv6 :: ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff All All Stream Access Edit Delete
    DEFAULTv4 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 All All API/RPC Edit Delete
    DEFAULTv6 :: ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff All All API/RPC Edit Delete
    local 192.168.1.0 192.168.1.255 Read/Write All API/RPC Edit Delete
    local 192.168.1.0 192.168.1.255 Read/Write All Stream Access Edit Delete
    local 192.168.1.0 192.168.1.255 Read/Write All Web Interface Edit Delete
  20. #1520  
    think i just found out my problem ... at work right now so i can't remote desktop to my home machine ... during intial config setup i setup the web_path = "/".

    woops.

    my stream link was coming back as server.com...

    lol.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions