View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 75 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    Ampache and Ampache Mobile are pretty slick! Setting up the server on the PC end takes a bit of effort, but the Ampache Mobile interface and music streaming works very well. The only glitch I had with Am Mobile is that when streaming music using EVDO the song would stop playing prematurely after it finished downloading the data and started downloading the next song in the album list. I had to set the Preferences in Am Mobile to "# of Buffers" = 1 to prevent this. Otherwise, it works great.

One nice thing would be to stream video also (which it should be able to do according to the docs). I haven't been able to get it identify my video files on my PC as of yet, so I'm still working on this.

Definitely better than trying to use ZumoDrive, DropBoxify, or Orb for this type of streaming.
    Use Handbrake and convert them to the iPod Touch profile (mp4).
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Use Handbrake and convert them to the iPod Touch profile (mp4).
    I actually just tried that, but Ampache couldn't stream the video to my Pixi over EVDO. It tried too, but after a few minutes I got a data error message.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Yeah, I experience the same when trying to stream a video over EVDO. Works great over WiFi though.
    So I searched this thread for playlist and I looked at Common Issues as well as the Requested Features off GoogleCode, and I didn't find an answer to my question. I was hoping someone could tell me if it is at all possible to create a playlist on the fly? Called a Flylist from Music Player Remix app. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Unfortunately an app that requires you to install a web server doesn't get you many downloads, didn't win a thing.
    Sorry...
  6.    #1486  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdv22 View Post
    So I searched this thread for playlist and I looked at Common Issues as well as the Requested Features off GoogleCode, and I didn't find an answer to my question. I was hoping someone could tell me if it is at all possible to create a playlist on the fly? Called a Flylist from Music Player Remix app. Thanks
    Currently Ampache Mobile doesn't store any playlists locally to the phone. You can can make a 'playlist' for the current session by enqueueing a bunch of songs, but you can't save that list yet.

The plan for the future is to have the server save the playlist, built on the phone. I've put in a feature request for this so I'm waiting on the ampache project to implement it.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  7.    #1487  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    Sorry...
    No big deal, didn't make this for the $$. Just would have been cool.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  8.    #1488  
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    The only glitch I had with Am Mobile is that when streaming music using EVDO the song would stop playing prematurely after it finished downloading the data and started downloading the next song in the album list. I had to set the Preferences in Am Mobile to "# of Buffers" = 1 to prevent this. Otherwise, it works great.
    This is a known issue with the Pixi, maybe 1.4.5 will clear it up.

Pixi Buffer Ahead Issue

No big deal, didn't make this for the $$. Just would have been cool.
    Thanks for the quick reply on my other question, but I wanted to comment on your post above. It is a shame it didn't get anything for your effort. But I appreciate it. I had given up on Linux for the second time, but when I found this app I had to re-install a distro to give it a whirl.

Thank you for all your effort, I have recommended this app to a lot of my friends to connect to my always on Ubuntu Laptop Ampache Server.
  10.    #1490  
    Wow... been getting review bombed.

Check the out the App Catalog Reviews. People shouldn't review apps they don't understand

What, "itz gay dozent work" doesn't tell you what you need to know about the problems they're having? Sheez, man!
    Wow... been getting review bombed.

Check the out the App Catalog Reviews. People shouldn't review apps they don't understand
    This is one reason I have not submitted ampachpre to the app. catalog yet. If you can't figure out how to gain root, you probably can't install a web server.
  13.    #1493  
    Quote Originally Posted by froggersloth View Post
    What, "itz gay dozent work" doesn't tell you what you need to know about the problems they're having? Sheez, man!
    Ya weird huh?

Quote Originally Posted by jwdv22 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply on my other question, but I wanted to comment on your post above. It is a shame it didn't get anything for your effort. But I appreciate it. I had given up on Linux for the second time, but when I found this app I had to re-install a distro to give it a whirl.

Thank you for all your effort, I have recommended this app to a lot of my friends to connect to my always on Ubuntu Laptop Ampache Server.
    I have the same setup, at least until I get a Marvell Sheevaplug (....drool ). The only problem I have is MP3splt keeps saying I don't have the plugins to support mp3, even though I have all the libraries and everything. Anyways, I have it modified to work without MP3splt anyway, so it doesn't matter really. Linux is good, hope the new Ubuntu 10.10 upgrades seamlessly.
  15.    #1495  
    This is pretty sweet.... looks like someone at palm took notice of the app Ampache Mobile: Stream your music anywhere | Palm Developer Center Blog

Ok , took a while but I finally found a set of settings in handbrake that allows me to stream movies over EVDO with little to no errors or buffering.

first i start off by using the iphone pre set
    then I put a checkmark by web optimized
    next , in the video tab , i set the Avg Bitrate to 128
    and finally in the audio tab i set the bitrate to 64 , sample rate to 44.1 mix-down to stereo

I've converted several diff movies with these settings and so far each one works flawlessly over EVDO and looks pretty damn good to me.

thought id post this in case others are having issues

I LOVE THIS APP
    and yet I still can't get them to put 'palm pre' in the tagline for each tweet.

that's why I keep going back to tweetme.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I am hoping someone can help me out! I'm sure my problem is with port forwarding but I can't figure it out. I've forwarded many of ports before so I'm not sure what's going on.

Here's the situation:
    1. Ampache is installed and functioning
    2. I can get to http://192.168.2.2/ampache from another computer in the LAN
    3. I CANNOT get to http://64.XX.XXX.XXX:8080 or http://64.XX.XXX.XXX:8080/ampache
    4. http://64.XX.XXX.XXX WILL get me to my router

Below is my port forwarding setup on a USR5461:

Please help!!!
    Since you can get to it via http://192.168.2.2/ampache (not using 8080) then do the same with http://64.XX.XXX.XXX:8080/ampache. Instead use http://64.XX.XXX.XXX/ampache

If that doesn't work then your ISP may be blocking both of those ports and you'll have to use some other random port.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion Nacho. That doesn't work either and as you can see from my router setup I have tried it with other ports as well without any luck. any other ideas what i could be doing wrong?