View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 73 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
    I followed the instructions in this thread on how to downsample and it doesn't work but I don't understand why.

Here is the error log I recieve

\ampache\play\index.php(229)
    2010-06-26 19:19:12 [ampache] (PHP Error) -> [Error] Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in file C:\xampp\htdocs\ampache\play\index.php(229)
    2010-06-26 19:19:12 [cramerjd] (Downsample) -> Network Downsample 173.87.228.206 is not in Local definition
    2010-06-26 19:19:12 [cramerjd] (Downsample) -> Starting Downsample {Transcode:always} {Native Stream:1} {Not Local:1}
    2010-06-26 19:19:12 [cramerjd] (downsample) -> Error: Downsample command missing a varaible values are File:1 Offset:0 Eof:0 Sample:1
    2010-06-26 19:19:12 [cramerjd] (downsample) -> Start Downsample: c:\audio\lame -q 3 -b 96 -S "C:\Users\Justin\Music\Cramer\Aerosmith\Aerosmith - Honkin' On Bobo\01-Road Runner.mp3" - -
    2010-06-26 19:19:12 [cramerjd] (Play) -> Starting stream of C:\Users\Justin\Music\Cramer\Aerosmith\Aerosmith - Honkin' On Bobo\01-Road Runner.mp3 with size 2707812
    2010-06-26 19:19:12 [cramerjd] (Play) -> 0 of 2707812 streamed, less than 1353906 not collecting stats
    2010-06-26 19:19:12 [cramerjd] (Play) -> Stream Ended at 0 bytes out of 2707812

I have Lame in the C:\audio directory with full access to everything in that folder. If I run the command at a dos prompt it makes a file with two mp3 extensions???

C:\Users\Justin>c:\audio\lame -q 3 -b 96 -S "C:\Users\Justin\Music\Cramer\Aerosm
    ith\Aerosmith - Honkin' On Bobo\01-Road Runner.mp3"
    Using MDCT filter
    Lowpass filter, transition band: 15268 Hz - 15354 Hz
    Encoding C:\Users\Justin\Music\Cramer\Aerosmith\Aerosmith - Honkin' On Bobo\01-R
    oad Runner.mp3
    to C:\Users\Justin\Music\Cramer\Aerosmith\Aerosmith - Honkin' On Bobo\01-R
    oad Runner.mp3.mp3
    Encoding as 44.1 kHz 96 kbps j-stereo MPEG-1 Layer III (14.7x) qval=3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzman View Post
    I followed the instructions in this thread on how to downsample and it doesn't work but I don't understand why.

Here is the error log I recieve

\ampache\play\index.php(229)
    2010-06-26 19:19:12 [ampache] (PHP Error) -> [Error] Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in file C:\xampp\htdocs\ampache\play\index.php(229)
    2010-06-26 19:19:12 [cramerjd] (Downsample) -> Network Downsample 173.87.228.206 is not in Local definition
    2010-06-26 19:19:12 [cramerjd] (Downsample) -> Starting Downsample {Transcode:always} {Native Stream:1} {Not Local:1}
    2010-06-26 19:19:12 [cramerjd] (downsample) -> Error: Downsample command missing a varaible values are File:1 Offset:0 Eof:0 Sample:1
    2010-06-26 19:19:12 [cramerjd] (downsample) -> Start Downsample: c:\audio\lame -q 3 -b 96 -S "C:\Users\Justin\Music\Cramer\Aerosmith\Aerosmith - Honkin' On Bobo\01-Road Runner.mp3" - -
    2010-06-26 19:19:12 [cramerjd] (Play) -> Starting stream of C:\Users\Justin\Music\Cramer\Aerosmith\Aerosmith - Honkin' On Bobo\01-Road Runner.mp3 with size 2707812
    2010-06-26 19:19:12 [cramerjd] (Play) -> 0 of 2707812 streamed, less than 1353906 not collecting stats
    2010-06-26 19:19:12 [cramerjd] (Play) -> Stream Ended at 0 bytes out of 2707812

I have Lame in the C:\audio directory with full access to everything in that folder. If I run the command at a dos prompt it makes a file with two mp3 extensions???

C:\Users\Justin>c:\audio\lame -q 3 -b 96 -S "C:\Users\Justin\Music\Cramer\Aerosm
    ith\Aerosmith - Honkin' On Bobo\01-Road Runner.mp3"
    Using MDCT filter
    Lowpass filter, transition band: 15268 Hz - 15354 Hz
    Encoding C:\Users\Justin\Music\Cramer\Aerosmith\Aerosmith - Honkin' On Bobo\01-R
    oad Runner.mp3
    to C:\Users\Justin\Music\Cramer\Aerosmith\Aerosmith - Honkin' On Bobo\01-R
    oad Runner.mp3.mp3
    Encoding as 44.1 kHz 96 kbps j-stereo MPEG-1 Layer III (14.7x) qval=3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    heres the man page for lame
    http://linux.die.net/man/1/lame

looks like there is a error in the above output that says. Incomplete command. Looks like it maybe missing the out file.

what version of ampache are you using?
    The switches and format all look correct. The only thing i don't understand in the config file is at the end of the command in the examples on this forum there is a --. In the manual there isn't really a reference to that except:

To read from stdin, use "-" for <infile>. To write to stdout, use a "-" for <outfile>.

And I don't know what that means or what a stdin is?

Here is the command I'm using that everyone else seems to be successfull doing:

transcode_cmd_mp3 = "C:\audio\lame -q 3 -b %SAMPLE% -S %FILE% - -"

I have version 3.5.4 and i just see now that everyone else that has the example above (on different forums) are using 3.5.1. Pretty minor version variation but I guess that could be it.

I realize this is probably better left to an ampache forum but the only reason I need to do this at all is because it works poorly on my Pre (with ampache mobile) in many areas and with bluetooth/wifi.
    I was able to install XAMPP + Ampache and have to say this app is fantastic!

However I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get Ampache to properly catalog my WMA Lossless and Nero AAC files. Currently, all it does for me is stream my MP3s, which I'm trying to replace with higher quality files anyways.

I tried catalogging some FLAC files and it worked quite well, but then you have the problem of those files not really playing nice with Windows 7 MC.

Anyone have success or workarounds for those gotchas. I can write some Python but haven't really used PHP...
    Quote Originally Posted by acc3d View Post
    I was able to install XAMPP + Ampache and have to say this app is fantastic!

However I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get Ampache to properly catalog my WMA Lossless and Nero AAC files. Currently, all it does for me is stream my MP3s, which I'm trying to replace with higher quality files anyways.

I tried catalogging some FLAC files and it worked quite well, but then you have the problem of those files not really playing nice with Windows 7 MC.

Anyone have success or workarounds for those gotchas. I can write some Python but haven't really used PHP...
    You may want to look at the forums at Ampache Forums Link
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzman View Post
    The switches and format all look correct. The only thing i don't understand in the config file is at the end of the command in the examples on this forum there is a --. In the manual there isn't really a reference to that except:

To read from stdin, use "-" for <infile>. To write to stdout, use a "-" for <outfile>.

And I don't know what that means or what a stdin is?
    Most programs are designed to read data from a file and write data to a file. This doesn't work very well for streaming music.

When you use stdin (Standard In) and stdout (Standard Out), the program is reading a stream of data and writing output to stream of data.

According to the lame command line options you are using, lame is reading the data from a file (-S %FILE%) and outputting the data to a stream (--).

Check out the links below for more information.

links:
    lame command line options (look for "STREAMING EXAMPLES")
    Wikipedia:stdin & stdout
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Please, someone help me as this is really starting to frustrate me. Running windows 7 on the optimum network.

So i setup Ampache correctly to the best of my ability, now my problem at first was that i could access ampache though my computer AND ampache mobile ONLY via my LAN ie http://192.168.x.x/ampache-3.5.4, as soon as i connected to another wifi connection, my EXTERNAL IP would time out both on a computer not on my network and the phone being on another wifi connection.

So i went to my router config and i forwarded 80 to my local ip which did nothing, then i forwarded 443 which is supposed to be ssl. Now if i type httpS://EXTERNALIP/ampache i can access ampache only through a computers web broswer but NOT though ampache mobile which is kind of pointless for me. Any Ideas??
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    also, when im adding a catalog, im supposed to choose REMOTE over LOCAL? local allows me to input a local drive address ie C:\xxampwhaterver and remote is looking for a url?
  9.    #1449  
    Quote Originally Posted by lsvteg11 View Post
    Please, someone help me as this is really starting to frustrate me. Running windows 7 on the optimum network.

So i setup Ampache correctly to the best of my ability, now my problem at first was that i could access ampache though my computer AND ampache mobile ONLY via my LAN ie http://192.168.x.x/ampache-3.5.4, as soon as i connected to another wifi connection, my EXTERNAL IP would time out both on a computer not on my network and the phone being on another wifi connection.

So i went to my router config and i forwarded 80 to my local ip which did nothing, then i forwarded 443 which is supposed to be ssl. Now if i type httpS://EXTERNALIP/ampache i can access ampache only through a computers web broswer but NOT though ampache mobile which is kind of pointless for me. Any Ideas??
    You might want to take a look at these common issues. Your port forwarding issues should be discussed there.

As for local vs. remote ampache can indeed pull in music from other servers that would be remote. What you want would be local.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I will certainly check it out and get back to you. Thanks for the Fast Reply!
    good evening,
    For some reason when I try to when I try to search by artists if get a popup saying No items have been processed please retry your request and I have 1220 artist showing up on my Pre
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12.    #1452  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    good evening,
    For some reason when I try to when I try to search by artists if get a popup saying No items have been processed please retry your request and I have 1220 artist showing up on my Pre
    Is that when you tap on artists from the home screen?

This usually happens when you have an artist with some corruption in the their name, or some character webos doesn't properly support.... do any of your artists appear strange in the ampache web site?
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  13.    #1453  
    Palm has accepted Ampache Mobile into the App Catalog! Effective now!

congrats!
    Hallo,

has someone succeeded a setup with https, I receive media_err_decode, although I'm almost certain, I have setup transcoding and the error comes up on mp3-s also. I think I have imported the CACert root certificate some time ago and the browser opens the Ampache login page without problems...
  16.    #1456  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergan View Post
    Hallo,

has someone succeeded a setup with https, I receive media_err_decode, although I'm almost certain, I have setup transcoding and the error comes up on mp3-s also. I think I have imported the CACert root certificate some time ago and the browser opens the Ampache login page without problems...
    To the best of my knowledge people have gotten https to work for browsing but not for music playback.

You can have it play http and browse https with the force_http_play setting.

Ampache &bull; View topic - Lack of HTTPS strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Is that when you tap on artists from the home screen?

This usually happens when you have an artist with some corruption in the their name, or some character webos doesn't properly support.... do any of your artists appear strange in the ampache web site?
    Yes but I went into ampache and verified, added, and updated and it now works. Any word on twitter or facebook status to show what is playing?
    Just have to vent....this is a trick to get working. I've not been successful yet. I've installed the server on my home pc, and can get to the login page using the 'local....' address. that's fine.

I have a Linksys Router and am using Norton 360. I've yet been able to figure out how to do the Port Forward thing, or to decide if I even need to. I believe my ISP, Cox, blocks port 80.

I'm studying right now for my Network+ Certification and feel this project is a great way to get me to understand all this.

I just had to vent a little. Wish me luck!!

Great app by the way!
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Palm has accepted Ampache Mobile into the App Catalog! Effective now!
    Just saw it today!
    Awesome work man, congrats. So do you have anything else planned for it? I I guess we'll need to see a new version of ampache if we want much more
  20.    #1460  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    Just saw it today!
    Awesome work man, congrats. So do you have anything else planned for it? I I guess we'll need to see a new version of ampache if we want much more
    Not really any plans right now... which is good because I get married in two months.

You nailed it, next major push will come with a new version of Ampache.