View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 53.87%
  • No

    137 46.13%
Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273747580 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1381  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The screen that shows the artist, song, play list, search, etc. and has a little bubble with the count for each one. I would call it the home screen.
    I call that the home screen too, but I doesn't display how many songs you have. This is by design, because loading all your songs from the server takes FOREVER.

    The only place its currently displayed is under random, Shuffle All Song.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  2.    #1382  
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuthead47 View Post
    BJ,

    Thanks for your help. I did and now I'm getting the error that I cant connect to mySQL...

    Error
    MySQL said:

    #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

    phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.


    So it looks like I have a password issue. Back to the drawing board...
    Are you using XAMP? By default its configured with no password.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  3. #1383  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I call that the home screen too, but I doesn't display how many songs you have. This is by design, because loading all your songs from the server takes FOREVER.

    The only place its currently displayed is under random, Shuffle All Song.
    so what numbers are in there I notice my playlist count changes? Googd to know though.
  4.    #1384  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    so what numbers are in there I notice my playlist count changes? Googd to know though.


    # Artists
    # Albums
    # Playlists
    # Videos

    #Songs is not displayed and Ampache doesn't supply the number of Genres.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  5. globex's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    #1385  
    Can you please make dash controls optional via the settings? That's one feature in the default music player I find really annoying. I like to keep my dash reserved only for notifications and cluttering it up with music players is just not my thing.

    Thanks.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
  6.    #1386  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Can you please make dash controls optional via the settings? That's one feature in the default music player I find really annoying. I like to keep my dash reserved only for notifications and cluttering it up with music players is just not my thing.

    Thanks.
    Already done.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  7. #1387  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post


    # Artists
    # Albums
    # Playlists
    # Videos

    #Songs is not displayed and Ampache doesn't supply the number of Genres.
    Thanks for clarification I didn't mean songs I meant the numbers like you are showing so maybe it is correct I was thinking with over 6000 songs it should have been more artists and albums.

    When will the update get pushed out?
  8.    #1388  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Thanks for clarification I didn't mean songs I meant the numbers like you are showing so maybe it is correct I was thinking with over 6000 songs it should have been more artists and albums.

    When will the update get pushed out?
    My catalog has 16000 songs and that screen shot is taken from it.

    The update will probably be out sometime this week, i need to test it more and put in a few more tweaks.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  9. #1389  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Are you using XAMP? By default its configured with no password.
    I am using XAMP. Any ideas? I'm thinking about starting over...

    Thanks
  10.    #1390  
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuthead47 View Post
    I am using XAMP. Any ideas? I'm thinking about starting over...

    Thanks
    Well if you can't figure it out. Reinstalling will probably be the fastest.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  11. #1391  
    Have you considered adding lyrics and wikipedia lookup similar to what Music Player Remix does?
  12.    #1392  
    Quote Originally Posted by jg123 View Post
    Have you considered adding lyrics and wikipedia lookup similar to what Music Player Remix does?
    Not really... personally I would never use that functionality, but if enough ppl ask i'd consider it. I'm trying to avoid feature creep.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  13. #1393  
    can someone post a video of how to set up ampache? I've been trying and ts gettng old
  14. kdaq's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #1394  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Hmm... you shouldnt have to. A couple things, there is a bug in Ampache if you have transcoding set to Always it will try to transcode videos, make sure your transcoding setting is 'Default'.
    THANK YOU for this - it fixed my video streaming problems. Would you consider adding this to your "Common Issues" page?
  15. Maturin's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #1395  
    I still have intermittent issues with buffers being lost after pausing. Refresh my memory as to the specifics of this?
    When a song restarts after the buffer was lost while paused, it is cut off at the end by the amount of time that had been played before the buffer was lost. It then plays the next song.

    Now to test. Pausing for...
    30s - ok
    45s - ok
    60s - ok
    90s - ok
    120s - ok
    150s - ok
    Wow, now that I'm typing this I'm having no problems.... hmm. Any suggestions?
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
  16.    #1396  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    I still have intermittent issues with buffers being lost after pausing. Refresh my memory as to the specifics of this?
    When a song restarts after the buffer was lost while paused, it is cut off at the end by the amount of time that had been played before the buffer was lost. It then plays the next song.

    Now to test. Pausing for...
    30s - ok
    45s - ok
    60s - ok
    90s - ok
    120s - ok
    150s - ok
    Wow, now that I'm typing this I'm having no problems.... hmm. Any suggestions?
    Here's what happens. If your pause your phone long enough, and allow the screen to go off. After some time it falls asleep (some apps can keep this from happening). Currently webOS dumps any buffered audio when this sleep state happens.

    When you bring the phone back online and attempt to play again webOS starts to redownload the song from the beginning. At this point my code detects that we are downloading something we have already downloaded and shows the "buffers lost, recovering". In reality I've done nothing other than telling it to play. Once I see that we are redownloading the song I tell it to seek back to the place in time we were when the song was paused and thats that.

    So what I am doing is really very simple and ammounts to this. Play... detect buffeing... seek. My guess is any issue is within webOS itself. I'd prefer if it simply maintained its memory when it slept.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 05/28/2010 at 01:53 PM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  17.    #1397  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdaq View Post
    THANK YOU for this - it fixed my video streaming problems. Would you consider adding this to your "Common Issues" page?
    Done
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  18. Maturin's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #1398  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Here's what happens. If your pause your phone long enough, and allow the screen to go off. After some time it falls asleep (some apps can keep this from happening). Currently webOS dumps any buffered audio when this sleep state happens.
    Ah, makes sense. It lost the buffers while I was walking around with it paused, but I tested in my previous post while it was on the touchstone.
    So I don't suppose Ampache Mobile is allowed to keep WebOS from going to sleep state...
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
  19. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #1399  
    thank-you

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  20.    #1400  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    Ah, makes sense. It lost the buffers while I was walking around with it paused, but I tested in my previous post while it was on the touchstone.
    So I don't suppose Ampache Mobile is allowed to keep WebOS from going to sleep state...
    So far I've avoided that as it would be a huge battery drain. So i'm not sure it would even work or if I can do it.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions