View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 66 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1301  
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDev View Post
    I did check out the site you suggested and followed all of their instructions. I set up my router to forward the appropriate ports, and can easily connect through wifi in my house. However when I turn off my wifi and go 3G, i get an error:

502 Bad Gateway
    The Proxy Server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
    Apache/2.0.61 (unix) Server at 75.159.xx.xxx Port 3128

any thoughts on that?

My Router has ports 80, 443, 8080, 3123 forwarded
    I wonder why you have a proxy server in the mix.

Few questions.

What provider do you have?

Is your server still running on port 80 internally? What URL do you enter for Wifi?

If so, are you routing 3123 and the others to an internal port 80?

Can you access the Ampache Web interface over EVDO with the browser on your Phone?
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I wonder why you have a proxy server in the mix.

Few questions.

What provider do you have?

I am using Telus (canada)

Is your server still running on port 80 internally? What URL do you enter for Wifi?

If so, are you routing 3123 and the others to an internal port 80?

Can you access the Ampache Web interface over EVDO with the browser on your Phone?
    No i cannot access Ampache over EVDO from phone. Not sure why. Going to take everything off and start over. Now that i kinda know what i am doing, hopefully that wont take long. I will let you know if i run into further problems. I am going for lunch now hungry....thanks for the help and i will keep you updated.
  3.    #1303  
    Is anyone using buffer ahead successfully on a Pixi? I've had a couple reports of it not working, buffering of the next song stops the current song.

Issue 35 - ampache-mobile - Smart Buffer Interrupts Playback on Pixi - Endless Buffer Cycle - Project Hosting on Google Code

Please report back with: Pixi Model, webOS Version and Carrier.

Thanks.
    No Pixi Users?
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Ok,

So i completely reinstalled apache server and MySQL (via xampp) and have configured the ampache server and it is running. I can connect to it via wifi in my home by entering my external ip/ampache (ie. http://75.759.xx.xxx/ampache) and everything works just fine and i can play music, video etc....AWESOME !!

However when i turn Wifi off and go 3G and use the same address it never connects. I have gone through my router and opened port 80, 442 and 3123 so that should no longer be an issue. (instructions via Portforward.com)

New Development...

I just went to Open Port Check Tool and entered port 80 and got the response Error: I could not see your service on 75.159.xx.xxx on port (80)
    Reason: Connection timed out

so my port 80 isnt actually open? any thoughts on where i went wrong?

I am using a 2wire Gateway 2700HG-E router
    posts have to be approved before showing up? That's weird. Guess this is a test post then.
    ok so that worked ok. But for some reason a post I did last ight said it had to be approved by a moderator before showing up. Strange...probably my fault.

ok so I have reinstalled apache and MySQL via xampp and got all of that configured and running well. I then installed ampache and added catalogues etc. with great success. I can see everythung fine when I connect with my computer via http://localhost/ampace and when I use ampache mobile from my pre I connect great using wifi in my house and http://75.159.xx.xxx/ampache (my external ip address) then I port forward via PortForward.com - Port Forwarding Guides Listed by Manufacturer and Model instructions. When I try to connect via 3G and not wifi I can't connect. I went to port forward checking website to see if proper ports were open and when port 80 and 443 are checked, it says timed out, not closed and not open.

any thought to my next step? I am using 2wire 2700HG-E router with Telus
    My recommendation would be first to ensure that you have a Static IP set, then use a service like DynDNS.com - Free Domain Name, Managed DNS, Email Services to establish a DNS web address, and finally check with your ISP to see if port 80 is blocked by them (if it's your firewall, tell your firewall to not block port 80). If port 80 is blocked, your can adjust your http port when logged into the Ampache as the administrator and going to Admin Menu>System and tyoing in what http port you want (fyi, you'll have to enable port forwarding to the port you select and tell your firewall not to block that port). A lot of this is at Ampache's website and also in Fain's Guide

P.S. Remember that the IP of your local router is a private IP, not public IP, that you should be referencing when on your local network - When you have an EVDO connection it'll be your public IP, like what it list at What Is My IP?
    Last edited by ihooten; 05/14/2010 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Added P.S.
    when I goto whatismyip.com it gives me my external ip address 75.159.xx.xxx this is what I have been using all of the time. I guess I will also set up another external ip. Also you recommend that I unblock ports on my firewall. As I have said in previous posts, that was already done.
  9.    #1309  
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDev View Post
    when I goto whatismyip.com it gives me my external ip address 75.159.xx.xxx this is what I have been using all of the time. I guess I will also set up another external ip. Also you recommend that I unblock ports on my firewall. As I have said in previous posts, that was already done.
    75.159.xx.xxx is your external IP, if that works in your house but not on EVDO my guess is that your ISP is blocking port 80. In that case you need to change the port to a port not being blocked by your ISP, say 8001.

For this to work you either need to reconfigure your Apache server (modify httpd.conf and restart apache) to listen on port 8001 or forward the external port 8001 to an internal port of 80 (some routers don't support this).

thanks I will try that
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Just installed Ampache today and am having fun playing with your app.... It seems really mature in development so my first comment is: thank you!

A quick question: would it be possible to set up a server profile for local playback? Right now I use a different app for controlling VLC through my PC speakers, but your app is so robust and ampache already has HTTPQ support built in so... Any chance of you implementing this?
  12.    #1312  
    Quote Originally Posted by wotan View Post
    Just installed Ampache today and am having fun playing with your app.... It seems really mature in development so my first comment is: thank you!

A quick question: would it be possible to set up a server profile for local playback? Right now I use a different app for controlling VLC through my PC speakers, but your app is so robust and ampache already has HTTPQ support built in so... Any chance of you implementing this?
    Thanks, glad you like it.

You are the first person to ask about localplay, I'll have to look into it more to assess how much work it would be. I've never tried the feature in Ampache.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 05/14/2010 at 11:50 PM.

Howdy all...

New to Ampache and Ampache Mobile. I have a working Ampache server set up, and I installed both Ampache Mobile and AmpachPre on my phone.

Unfortuately, I am unable to get Ampache Mobile to work. For each song I attempt to play, I get the following error message:

"Streaming Error

An error has occurred while attempting to play the file. The file is either corrupt or an unsupported format (ex: m4p, ogg, flac). Transcoding may be required to play this file.

Debug Info:
    Error Type: MEDIA_ERR_DECODE
    Mime: audio/mpeg
    Song Link: Stream Link"

It appears that the message is telling me I need to transcode the file - I understand that. However, every single song in my collection is an MP3, so transcoding would seem like a waste of processing cycles on the server, right? Additionally, I can play all songs in my library via AmpachPre with no issues.

Is there a difference in how Ampache Mobile and AmpachPre handle the streams that would allow non-transcoded mp3s to work with AmpachPre, but cause a streaming error in Ampache Mobile?

Thanks in advance.
  14.    #1314  
    Quote Originally Posted by bwersackit View Post
    Howdy all...

New to Ampache and Ampache Mobile. I have a working Ampache server set up, and I installed both Ampache Mobile and AmpachPre on my phone.

Unfortuately, I am unable to get Ampache Mobile to work. For each song I attempt to play, I get the following error message:

"Streaming Error

An error has occurred while attempting to play the file. The file is either corrupt or an unsupported format (ex: m4p, ogg, flac). Transcoding may be required to play this file.

Debug Info:
    Error Type: MEDIA_ERR_DECODE
    Mime: audio/mpeg
    Song Link: Stream Link"

It appears that the message is telling me I need to transcode the file - I understand that. However, every single song in my collection is an MP3, so transcoding would seem like a waste of processing cycles on the server, right? Additionally, I can play all songs in my library via AmpachPre with no issues.

Is there a difference in how Ampache Mobile and AmpachPre handle the streams that would allow non-transcoded mp3s to work with AmpachPre, but cause a streaming error in Ampache Mobile?

Thanks in advance.
    In the account editor there is a workaround called "Gstreamer %20". Can you turn that on and report back?

After switching that on, it works perfectly! Thanks so much!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Thanks, glad you like it.

You are the first person to ask about localplay, I'll have to look into it more to assess how much work it would be. I've never tried the feature in Ampache.
    Though I haven't played with it at all -- I have noticed that I can set an account in Ampache for a particular user to default to localplay. I'm wondering if this will do exactly what I want? I might try it later today. If it does work, the only thing that would have to be added to your app (if you even want to) would be to add a volume control. I think ampache has calls for volume adjustment but again, I haven't tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wotan View Post
    Though I haven't played with it at all -- I have noticed that I can set an account in Ampache for a particular user to default to localplay. I'm wondering if this will do exactly what I want? I might try it later today. If it does work, the only thing that would have to be added to your app (if you even want to) would be to add a volume control. I think ampache has calls for volume adjustment but again, I haven't tried it.
    I'm curious as to what happens if you set it up this way. I'm pretty sure that Ampache Mobile will break, as it's expecting a stream when you GET the play url.
  18.    #1318  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    I'm curious as to what happens if you set it up this way. I'm pretty sure that Ampache Mobile will break, as it's expecting a stream when you GET the play url.
    I was thinking the same thing, maybe it will still stream? You'd have to turn the volume down on your phone.

Let us know how it goes.

FYI: I tried getting HTTPQ working with Ampache and Winamp this weekend, couldn't get it going. Found some threads talking about Win 7 issues so that could be the problem.

I was thinking the same thing, maybe it will still stream? You'd have to turn the volume down on your phone.

Let us know how it goes.

FYI: I tried getting HTTPQ working with Ampache and Winamp this weekend, couldn't get it going. Found some threads talking about Win 7 issues so that could be the problem.
    Same here, but on XP. I did, however, get VLC localplay running. When I get home, I'm going to try it with Ampache Mobile.

I'd like to get localplay working in a manner consistent with my current operation, although I'm not sure how simple that would be. If I can get it going, that opens up the door for a whole bunch of cool AJAX stuff for me to add to my Ampache setup - drag and drop playlist sorting being the coolest.
    In the account editor there is a workaround called "Gstreamer %20". Can you turn that on and report back?

I'm having the exact same issue and i changed tried the workaround and it's not helping. it plays audio fine through wifi but through evdo i get the transcode error message.