View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 65 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1281  
    Quote Originally Posted by belefuu View Post
    Welp, I've tried everything in that wiki, and most everything I could find over the last few pages of this thread discussing transcoding, but no matter what I do I'm getting this streaming error for every file I try to play in Ampache Mobile:

Error Type: MEDIA_ERR_DECODE
    Mime:audio/mpeg

Looking in the error log i see:

could not open -
    Processing file 'D:\Songs\The Replacements\Let It Be\02. Favorite Thing.mp3' ...
    error: no plugin matches the file 'D:\Songs\The Replacements\Let It Be\02. Favorite Thing.mp3'

* Enhanced aacPlus Encoder
    * Build May 4 2010, 00:08:31
    * Matteo Croce <rootkit85@yahoo.it>

I've downloaded all of the encoders in the wiki, and they're all on my path (I'm on Windows).

Here's what I have for all of the mentioned settings:

case 'aac':
    case 'mp4':
    case 'm4a':
    $this->mime = "audio/mp4";
    break;
    case 'aacp':
    $this->mime = "audio/aacp";
    break;
    case 'mpc':
    $this->mime = "audio/x-musepack";

transcode_m4a = true
    transcode_m4a_target = aacp
    transcode_flac = true
    transcode_flac_target = aacp
    transcode_mp3 = true
    transcode_mp3_target = aacp
    transcode_ogg = true
    transcode_ogg_target = aacp

transcode_cmd_flac = "flac -dc --skip=%OFFSET% --until=%EOF% %FILE% | aacplusenc - - %SAMPLE%"
    transcode_cmd_m4a = "faad -f 2 -w %FILE% | aacplusenc - - %SAMPLE%"
    transcode_cmd_mp3 = "mp3splt -qnf -o - %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% | lame --mp3input -S --decode - - | aacplusenc - - %SAMPLE%"
    transcode_cmd_ogg = "oggsplt -qn -o - %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% | oggdec -Q -o - - | aacplusenc - - %SAMPLE%"

Ampache settings set to:

Type of Playback - "Stream"
    Rate Limit - any, but default 8192 should be fine
    Transcode Bitrate - 48
    Transcoding - Default

Selected apply to all.

Pretty much every file I'm trying to play is an mp3.

Restarted everything several times, including the Pre. Pretty baffled as to why it isn't working.
    Can you enable ampache logging? You should be able to see ampache execute your command in its log.

From there I like to copy out the command it executed and try running it in a command prompt. It will quickly show you if anything is going wrong. One note, make sure the last command in the chain "aacplusenc - - %SAMPLE%"" outputs to a file "aacplusenc - test.aacp %SAMPLE%", otherwise you'll just get a bunch of random characters printing to your screen.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 05/09/2010 at 09:52 AM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    In case it helps I am using XP Pro and added the path to my audio tools to the path variable. I still had to add the path to the transcoding tools in the config file. Once I did that everything worked perfectly.

The command lines I used were copied and pasted from the wiki then paths added for all programs so the order of the switches works for me.

I too have mostly mp3s.
  3.    #1283  
    Quote Originally Posted by circuitjc View Post
    In case it helps I am using XP Pro and added the path to my audio tools to the path variable. I still had to add the path to the transcoding tools in the config file. Once I did that everything worked perfectly.

The command lines I used were copied and pasted from the wiki then paths added for all programs so the order of the switches works for me.

I too have mostly mp3s.
    Hmm... I wonder if apache/php doesnt have access those windows paths.

Unfortunately google code is busted right now, cant change anything. I'll add some troubleshooting tips and some example command lines for windows when they get it back up.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Well I'll be... adding the full path to the commands did the trick.

Very odd, since this line from the log seems to indicate aaceplusenc is being called in some fashion:

Anyways I am loading and buffering songs much faster now, it is quite awesome. Thanks!
    bjgeiser, have you any idea on how well the Android version of the ampache client is coming along? I will be getting the EVO 4G soon and will also have 4g service in my town. The buffering plus that would be great!
  6.    #1286  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    bjgeiser, have you any idea on how well the Android version of the ampache client is coming along? I will be getting the EVO 4G soon and will also have 4g service in my town. The buffering plus that would be great!
    I tried Amdroid on a Motorola Droid on Friday (co-workers) and I think it's not quite as far along as Ampache Mobile and not as easy to use.

Vollmer contacted me about using our new icon for Amdroid and mentioned that they are looking at improving the client so we'll see what happens.

Personally I am sticking with Palm, I find Android clunky and not well designed UI wise. Hopefully Palm comes out with some improved HW soon, OS wise I feel they are way ahead. What I always tell people is Android is like Gnome on a phone. Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: If you wanted to try it out I bet you could get it working with the Android Emulator, part of their dev environment.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 05/09/2010 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by belefuu View Post
    Well I'll be... adding the full path to the commands did the trick.

Very odd, since this line from the log seems to indicate aaceplusenc is being called in some fashion:

Anyways I am loading and buffering songs much faster now, it is quite awesome. Thanks!
    Yeah, I tried to set it to the PATH and it only works for me when I spell out the full path on the transcode line. I think it would be more efficient if it utilized the PATH variable, as for some reason it will open multiple instances in the task manager of the enconding tools when playing a file (highest number I've seen is like 8 of each encoder used). meh
  8.    #1288  
    Is anyone using buffer ahead successfully on a Pixi? I've had a couple reports of it not working, buffering of the next song stops the current song.

http://code.google.com/p/ampache-mob...s/detail?id=35

Please report back with: Pixi Model, webOS Version and Carrier.

Thanks.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 05/10/2010 at 12:28 AM.
    Hmmm... weird thing is that when it's working the AAC+ transcoding works great, but so far I've had a lot of playback issues where I'll try and pick a new song to listen to from a list instead of the next queued and I'll get a MEDIA_DECODE_ERROR or sometimes randomly it will just quit playing, do a WebOS audio stall and it fails to recover. I am lucky if I can listen to one or two songs without a problem. I tried increasing the Apache timeout to 600, but I don't think that did anything. I think maybe it's just my server as it appears to run multiple instances of the encoders when playing. Any insight to this?
  10.    #1290  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    Hmmm... weird thing is that when it's working the AAC+ transcoding works great, but so far I've had a lot of playback issues where I'll try and pick a new song to listen to from a list instead of the next queued and I'll get a MEDIA_DECODE_ERROR or sometimes randomly it will just quit playing, do a WebOS audio stall and it fails to recover. I am lucky if I can listen to one or two songs without a problem. I tried increasing the Apache timeout to 600, but I don't think that did anything. I think maybe it's just my server as it appears to run multiple instances of the encoders when playing. Any insight to this?
    Do the problems persist if you use MP3? I've seen some similar behavior with AAC on my phone and I havent had time to dig into whats going on. Using MP3 seems fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Do the problems persist if you use MP3? I've seen some similar behavior with AAC on my phone and I havent had time to dig into whats going on. Using MP3 seems fine for me.
    No, I never had these problems in the same volume of occurances with MP3, but I would get the occassional hiccup. This also happens on AmpachPre and the problems I have are focused around the handoff from one song file to the next. If I can get a line of buffering going I don't usually have this problem, but from what I was able to view for my computer's processes is that Ampache appears to run the command line encoders and if something goes wrong, it gives up right away and tries again, even if the other is still processing.

After it does this several times I'll have 8 instances of cmd.exe, mp3splt, lame, and aacplusenc all utilizing a portion of my CPU, all trying to process the same request. I'm thinking that the player will get a flood of same request from the server, all partially completed, and it crashes the client. When I stream locally from the server I do not appear to have this problem, so it has to do with remote requests. I'm not sure if I could use some automated process killer and kill the prior request until Ampache sees that it can quit retrying, or if this is the wrong route to take.
    I'm trying to investigate and correct problems that I've been experiencing while streaming with AAC+ wherein the stream would fail when attempting to switch songs that were being played. When compared to MP3 streaming I determined a couple of things: first, with mp3 downsampling it handled the whole process more naturally, possibly because Ampache doesn't natively have AAC+ transcoding in mind, i.e. something we added may not work as well as something that was built-in; Secondly, the downsampling was using one fewer encoding tool which decreased the probability of an error occuring during the execution of the encoders.

Why I beleive this is because in my observations, when Ampache failed to succeed a transcode line it simply started over... and over... and over until my CPU was maxed out. So I made some changes. I decided that I would need to reduce the opportunity of Ampache to fail during command line execution (CLE), but I couldn't do this without removing one of the encoders. I need aacplusenc to make the end product and lame to decode the MP3 to wav to get picked up by aacplusenc, which left mp3splt. Then I remembered mbetter and bjgeiser discussing changing the method by which the client would determine the song length using the catalog value:

Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    I changed:

Code:
    // Actually do the streaming 
    do {
    	$read_size = min(2048,$stream_size-$bytes_streamed); 
    	if ($read_size < 1) { break; } 
    	$buf = fread($fp, $read_size);
    	print($buf);
    	$bytes_streamed += strlen($buf);
    } while (!feof($fp) && (connection_status() == 0) AND $bytes_streamed < $stream_size);
    To:

Code:
    // Actually do the streaming 
    373 do {
    374         $read_size = 2048;
    375         $buf = fread($fp, $read_size);
    376         if ($buf == '') { break;}
    377         print($buf);
    378         $bytes_streamed += strlen($buf);
    379 } while (!feof($fp) && (connection_status() == 0));
    Seems to be working, let me play around and see what happens.

Edit: It looks like Ampache Mobile (or WebOS) kills the song on playback when it hits Content-Length (or duration?), even if Ampache doesn't. Is this something that you could change, maybe use the duration pulled from the XML-API (which should always be legit when we're transcoding) instead of a calculated duration?
    While my observations echoes what mbetter experienced, I found instances where it would play past the listed length and display ":59-X" x being the amount in seconds increasing with each passing second. Overall this did not seem to impact my listening experience. Removing Mp3splt seemed to help once it was no longer needed.

I still had a few problems, so I increased the memory value for Ampache, set the Apache timeout to 600, moved the back to the default stream.class.php and finally the last thing that seemed to work when used in conjunction with the other changes was to set the buffer back to 1. While I liked buffering ahead, to be sure with AAC+ the load time is quick enough to make it only slightly less responsive when changing songs.

I'm not sure if anyone else experienced these type of issues, as for sure I have the least ideal setup for Ampache. A) My computer is a 5 year old laptop with an single core AMD athalon 2Ghz 1GB RAM B) my laptop is on a wifi connection C) it used for other things as well as Ampache D) it runs Windows XP, probably not the most reliable of all webservers... meh.

This is more of a side project for me to gain experience with webservers in general as I work in a university IT department and all the CS and MIS degree holders laugh at my liberal arts degree... what I lack in experience I try to make up for withe determination and reason. Anyways, hope this helps anyone else
  13.    #1293  
    Improvements
    • Navigation in App Menu, Jump to the Home and Search Screens from any Screen
    • 'Shuffle All' stays at the top of lists, no more scrolling back up for it.
    • Will prompt to restart music if you navigate away while paused, happens all the time when I get calls
    • Added Grab more items from Random lists

Bug Fixes
    • Banner Notifications showing up while App in focus
    • Stall detection always off

where is the file located
  15.    #1295  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    where is the file located
    Palm, should be up in an hour or so.

thanks this is turning out to be one of my favorite apps. Will send donation this week
    thanks this is turning out to be one of my favorite apps. Will send donation this week.

it is up now Thanks
    Ok,

First off, I think I will love this program if i can ever get it working.

I am very new to all of this and all of the information here is very useful, although sometimes very hard to find.

Here is my problem:

I finally got my ampache server running and have now added a catalog. I now want to use the ampache mobile i have installed on my palm pre but dont know the URL to enter to access my server. Can you tell me where to find this?

Thanks.
  19.    #1299  
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDev View Post
    Ok,

First off, I think I will love this program if i can ever get it working.

I am very new to all of this and all of the information here is very useful, although sometimes very hard to find.

Here is my problem:

I finally got my ampache server running and have now added a catalog. I now want to use the ampache mobile i have installed on my palm pre but dont know the URL to enter to access my server. Can you tell me where to find this?

Thanks.
    Take a look at the section "Ampache Mobile Doesn't Work" it should have the info you need.

CommonIssues - ampache-mobile - Some pointers for common issues encountered while setting up Ampache
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 05/12/2010 at 11:24 AM.

I did check out the site you suggested and followed all of their instructions. I set up my router to forward the appropriate ports, and can easily connect through wifi in my house. However when I turn off my wifi and go 3G, i get an error:

502 Bad Gateway
    The Proxy Server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
    Apache/2.0.61 (unix) Server at 75.159.xx.xxx Port 3128

any thoughts on that?

My Router has ports 80, 443, 8080, 3123 forwarded
    Last edited by CanDev; 05/12/2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: bad link