View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 53.87%
  • No

    137 46.13%
Page 64 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #1261  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    If you would like to maintain the flash player functionality in Ampache, perhaps for listening to from work or school. Here is my solution.

    1. Copy your whole /ampache directory to another directory in htdocs mine is called /ampache_aac.
    2. From there on out do all the modifications described in the wiki to /ampache_aac leaving the other directory untouched.
      • NOTE: In my setup I have both of these instances pointed to the same
      database and it seems to be working fine.
    3. Next change your web_path to the new path in ampache.config.php
    4. Next create a new user which you can turn on the low bit rate (48) transcoding.
    5. Every time you want to stream AAC log into this copied server and enter your new user.
    I'm putting together a small patch that switches the transcoding target / command based on the user's bitrate.
  2.    #1262  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    I'm putting together a small patch that switches the transcoding target / command based on the user's bitrate.
    Sounds good, would be nice if they had multiple transcode configs in ampache.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  3.    #1263  
    These guys make ready to install appliances for LAMP apps on most operating systems.

    Drop a vote for Ampache so we can stop answering questions about server installs.

    BitNami :: Ampache
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  4. circuitjc's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #1264  
    Today I played around 150 songs. 54 where in order then I started messing with the playlist. I set it to buffer ahead 2 songs (so 3 total). I had no problems except one where I was going through a flakey area for signal and it just so happened ampache tried to get a song at the same time and became "confused". It just sat there even after the connection was good again. I can only assume that the packet requesting the song was lost and forgotten somehow. Anyway, not a problem with ampache or ampache mobile.

    Looks like the file sizes where what was causing my problems from before. Now I am transcoding to 48 bit AAC. Load times are faster, buffers work flawlessly, and my server transcodes fast without using much of the processor.

    Now to take the time to make proper playlists since sorting through thousands of songs in not practical on my phone.
    Bell Palm Pre - The longer I have it the more I do with it.
  5.    #1265  
    Quote Originally Posted by circuitjc View Post
    Today I played around 150 songs. 54 where in order then I started messing with the playlist. I set it to buffer ahead 2 songs (so 3 total). I had no problems except one where I was going through a flakey area for signal and it just so happened ampache tried to get a song at the same time and became "confused". It just sat there even after the connection was good again. I can only assume that the packet requesting the song was lost and forgotten somehow. Anyway, not a problem with ampache or ampache mobile.
    I do have some code to try and recover when things get messed up, might need a few more tweaks.

    Quote Originally Posted by circuitjc
    Looks like the file sizes where what was causing my problems from before. Now I am transcoding to 48 bit AAC. Load times are faster, buffers work flawlessly, and my server transcodes fast without using much of the processor.

    Now to take the time to make proper playlists since sorting through thousands of songs in not practical on my phone.
    AAC is great... i'm buffering full songs in like 5-15 seconds on EV.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  6. circuitjc's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #1266  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    These guys make ready to install appliances for LAMP apps on most operating systems.

    Drop a vote for Ampache so we can stop answering questions about server installs.

    BitNami :: Ampache
    Voted.

    My server is using the XAMPP install package since it is my testing server from when I did website development part-time. I just added Ampache into that.

    For completely new to web server people using a virtual machine appliance is the easiest way to get a server running.
    Bell Palm Pre - The longer I have it the more I do with it.
  7. circuitjc's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #1267  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I do have some code to try and recover when things get messed up, might need a few more tweaks.
    Yeah, I'm not really sure what happened when it did it's weird data pause.

    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    AAC is great... i'm buffering full songs in like 5-15 seconds on EV.
    Same here and I totally agree IT IS GREAT!
    Bell Palm Pre - The longer I have it the more I do with it.
  8.    #1268  
    Quote Originally Posted by circuitjc View Post
    Voted.

    My server is using the XAMPP install package since it is my testing server from when I did website development part-time. I just added Ampache into that.

    For completely new to web server people using a virtual machine appliance is the easiest way to get a server running.
    Only issue I see with a VM is access to the files. If they are having issues with XAMPP, samba should be a hoot.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  9. #1269  
    I GOT IT WORKING!!! FINALLY AND IT WORKS SO WELL... only one more question. Does the ampache server update my music by itself or do i have to manually go to the website and update?
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
  10.    #1270  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Wit The Pre View Post
    I GOT IT WORKING!!! FINALLY AND IT WORKS SO WELL... only one more question. Does the ampache server update my music by itself or do i have to manually go to the website and update?
    I usually do it manually, but there are ways to automate it.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  11. #1271  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I usually do it manually, but there are ways to automate it.
    How do you set it to automate because i download music constantly?
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
  12.    #1272  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Wit The Pre View Post
    How do you set it to automate because i download music constantly?
    Create a .bat text file called update.bat.

    Put this line in it....

    Code:
    c:\xampp\php\php.exe c:\xampp\htdocs\ampache\bin\catalog_update.inc
    Update the paths to whatever yours are. Next you would need to use the windows scheduler to run this on some period.

    EDIT: Ampache Mobile saves Artists and Albums. But dumps them after every update. So you'll be doing alot of saving and dumping.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  13. Maturin's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #1273  
    One small request, to hold me over until we get Shuffle All in the next Ampache release.
    How about a refresh button on the Random Artist, Random Album, Random Song pages?
    That way you don't have to back swipe and re select if you don't want any of those.

    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I usually do it manually, but there are ways to automate it.
    Is there any way to add a bit of server management functionality to Ampache Mobile? Might be pretty cool.
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
  14.    #1274  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    One small request, to hold me over until we get Shuffle All in the next Ampache release.
    How about a refresh button on the Random Artist, Random Album, Random Song pages?
    That way you don't have to back swipe and re select if you don't want any of those.


    Is there any way to add a bit of server management functionality to Ampache Mobile? Might be pretty cool.
    I wouldn't be opposed to a fetch more button on the bottom of the list. I'll look at adding it for the next release.

    Unfortunately the Ampache XML API doesn't allow for any changes to the anything. The upcoming 3.6 release will have more control, not sure if it will have this though.

    Put in a Feature Request, we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 05/07/2010 at 12:54 PM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  15. #1275  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I do have some code to try and recover when things get messed up, might need a few more tweaks.



    AAC is great... i'm buffering full songs in like 5-15 seconds on EV.
    Just got the app up and running, and I must say it is quite awesome. Songs are taking a good 3-5 seconds to load for me though, so I figure my transcoding isn't set up just right.

    What all do I need to set up to get it transcoding quickly to AAC like you have it?

    I assume I need to change all of these type lines to AAC?:

    transcode_mp3 = true
    transcode_mp3_target = mp3

    Do I need to mess with the transcode_cmd_filetype lines as well? I haven't changed any of those from the ampache install.

    Are the

    downsample_remote = "true"
    access_control = "true"

    Lines plus the ACL stuff necessary or is that only if you want different downsampling for remote vs local? For now I only care that it downsamples using Ampache Mobile.

    What would be the settings in the Streaming section of the ampache web ui?

    Thanks for any help
  16.    #1276  
    Quote Originally Posted by belefuu View Post
    Just got the app up and running, and I must say it is quite awesome. Songs are taking a good 3-5 seconds to load for me though, so I figure my transcoding isn't set up just right.

    What all do I need to set up to get it transcoding quickly to AAC like you have it?

    I assume I need to change all of these type lines to AAC?:

    transcode_mp3 = true
    transcode_mp3_target = mp3

    Do I need to mess with the transcode_cmd_filetype lines as well? I haven't changed any of those from the ampache install.

    Are the

    downsample_remote = "true"
    access_control = "true"

    Lines plus the ACL stuff necessary or is that only if you want different downsampling for remote vs local? For now I only care that it downsamples using Ampache Mobile.

    What would be the settings in the Streaming section of the ampache web ui?

    Thanks for any help
    Here is my guide for setting up AAC+ AACPlusTranscoding - ampache-mobile - Guide to transcoding to HE-AAC+ - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  17.    #1277  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to a fetch more button on the bottom of the list. I'll look at adding it for the next release.
    Got this added last night.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  18. #1278  
    Welp, I've tried everything in that wiki, and most everything I could find over the last few pages of this thread discussing transcoding, but no matter what I do I'm getting this streaming error for every file I try to play in Ampache Mobile:

    Error Type: MEDIA_ERR_DECODE
    Mime:audio/mpeg

    Looking in the error log i see:

    could not open -
    Processing file 'D:\Songs\The Replacements\Let It Be\02. Favorite Thing.mp3' ...
    error: no plugin matches the file 'D:\Songs\The Replacements\Let It Be\02. Favorite Thing.mp3'

    *************************************************************
    * Enhanced aacPlus Encoder
    * Build May 4 2010, 00:08:31
    * Matteo Croce <rootkit85@yahoo.it>
    *************************************************************

    I've downloaded all of the encoders in the wiki, and they're all on my path (I'm on Windows).

    Here's what I have for all of the mentioned settings:

    case 'aac':
    case 'mp4':
    case 'm4a':
    $this->mime = "audio/mp4";
    break;
    case 'aacp':
    $this->mime = "audio/aacp";
    break;
    case 'mpc':
    $this->mime = "audio/x-musepack";


    transcode_m4a = true
    transcode_m4a_target = aacp
    transcode_flac = true
    transcode_flac_target = aacp
    transcode_mp3 = true
    transcode_mp3_target = aacp
    transcode_ogg = true
    transcode_ogg_target = aacp

    transcode_cmd_flac = "flac -dc --skip=%OFFSET% --until=%EOF% %FILE% | aacplusenc - - %SAMPLE%"
    transcode_cmd_m4a = "faad -f 2 -w %FILE% | aacplusenc - - %SAMPLE%"
    transcode_cmd_mp3 = "mp3splt -qnf -o - %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% | lame --mp3input -S --decode - - | aacplusenc - - %SAMPLE%"
    transcode_cmd_ogg = "oggsplt -qn -o - %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% | oggdec -Q -o - - | aacplusenc - - %SAMPLE%"

    Ampache settings set to:

    Type of Playback - "Stream"
    Rate Limit - any, but default 8192 should be fine
    Transcode Bitrate - 48
    Transcoding - Default

    Selected apply to all.

    Pretty much every file I'm trying to play is an mp3.

    Restarted everything several times, including the Pre. Pretty baffled as to why it isn't working.
  19. #1279  
    Quote Originally Posted by belefuu View Post
    Welp, I've tried everything in that wiki, and most everything I could find over the last few pages of this thread discussing transcoding, but no matter what I do I'm getting this streaming error for every file I try to play in Ampache Mobile:

    Error Type: MEDIA_ERR_DECODE
    Mime:audio/mpeg

    Looking in the error log i see:

    could not open -
    Processing file 'D:\Songs\The Replacements\Let It Be\02. Favorite Thing.mp3' ...
    error: no plugin matches the file 'D:\Songs\The Replacements\Let It Be\02. Favorite Thing.mp3'

    *************************************************************
    * Enhanced aacPlus Encoder
    * Build May 4 2010, 00:08:31
    * Matteo Croce <rootkit85@yahoo.it>
    *************************************************************

    I've downloaded all of the encoders in the wiki, and they're all on my path (I'm on Windows).

    Here's what I have for all of the mentioned settings:

    case 'aac':
    case 'mp4':
    case 'm4a':
    $this->mime = "audio/mp4";
    break;
    case 'aacp':
    $this->mime = "audio/aacp";
    break;
    case 'mpc':
    $this->mime = "audio/x-musepack";


    transcode_m4a = true
    transcode_m4a_target = aacp
    transcode_flac = true
    transcode_flac_target = aacp
    transcode_mp3 = true
    transcode_mp3_target = aacp
    transcode_ogg = true
    transcode_ogg_target = aacp

    transcode_cmd_flac = "flac -dc --skip=%OFFSET% --until=%EOF% %FILE% | aacplusenc - - %SAMPLE%"
    transcode_cmd_m4a = "faad -f 2 -w %FILE% | aacplusenc - - %SAMPLE%"
    transcode_cmd_mp3 = "mp3splt -qnf -o - %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% | lame --mp3input -S --decode - - | aacplusenc - - %SAMPLE%"
    transcode_cmd_ogg = "oggsplt -qn -o - %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% | oggdec -Q -o - - | aacplusenc - - %SAMPLE%"

    Ampache settings set to:

    Type of Playback - "Stream"
    Rate Limit - any, but default 8192 should be fine
    Transcode Bitrate - 48
    Transcoding - Default

    Selected apply to all.

    Pretty much every file I'm trying to play is an mp3.

    Restarted everything several times, including the Pre. Pretty baffled as to why it isn't working.
    Question: When you say "I've downloaded all of the encoders in the wiki, and they're all on my path (I'm on Windows)." Does this mean you downloaded to a file folder in windows? Because in the example you provide, I don't see the filepath referenced. Remember that Ampache is utilizing these programs in the command line and must reference the program's path in the command.

    For example, all my audio encoders are in a folder named "audiosys" on my C: drive, therefore the commande looks like:

    transcode_cmd_mp3 = "C:\audiosys\mp3splt -qnf %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% -o - | C:\audiosys\lame --mp3input -S --decode - - | C:\audiosys\aacplusenc - - %SAMPLE%"
    Let me know if you are doing this... the only other thing I see is the placement of the output file command for 'mp3splt' which is designated by the " -o - " which in english means "output file = stdout". I could be wrong, as bjgeiser's guide shows it ahead of the input file options, but maybe that is also the problem. Could be wrong about that though...
  20.    #1280  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    Question: When you say "I've downloaded all of the encoders in the wiki, and they're all on my path (I'm on Windows)." Does this mean you downloaded to a file folder in windows? Because in the example you provide, I don't see the filepath referenced. Remember that Ampache is utilizing these programs in the command line and must reference the program's path in the command.

    For example, all my audio encoders are in a folder named "audiosys" on my C: drive, therefore the commande looks like:



    Let me know if you are doing this... the only other thing I see is the placement of the output file command for 'mp3splt' which is designated by the " -o - " which in english means "output file = stdout". I could be wrong, as bjgeiser's guide shows it ahead of the input file options, but maybe that is also the problem. Could be wrong about that though...
    Windows has a PATH variable which my guide shows an example for. If you put the path of your executable files in that PATH variable you no longer have to use their complete path to execute them, i believe this is what he means.

    As for the command lines, I've only tested them against linux. We may need to modify them for windows if the programs behave differently. I might have an old version of mp3splt.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions