View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    Save all this and load your Ampache Web interface as the Administrator, and select the "Admin" menu and chose "Streaming" under the "Server Config" section and modify it to:
    Type of Playback - "Stream"
    Rate Limit - any, but default 8192 should be fine
    Transcode Bitrate - 48
    Transcoding - Always

Make sure you check "Apply to All"

A higher bitrate is not supported by aacPlusenc, but this encoder with the AAC+ format provides easily the same quality product as a 96 kbps MP3. For audiophiles who have awesome headsets (looking at you bhack), then for sure a native bitrate is preferable and re-encoding your entire library locally on your computer will suit your needs better as it will produce better quality AAC+ files, but for transcoding on the fly, the sound quality is excellent.

Hope this helps, many thanks to bjgeiser, mbetter, moumatan, elryon, and the Interwebs for making this possible. I no return you to your regularly scheduled programming, enjoy!!!
    Just a heads up; I'm pretty sure you don't need to turn on downsampling for this to work in the config file. Try it and let me know.

Type of playback doesn't have to be stream, in fact flashplayer is a better choice for ease of use. The type of playback setting is for the web browser version of ampache not the API.

Transcoding also should be default, not always. If you put it on always you are effectively disabling the ability to have per user transcoding rules which, I think, is one of the main advantages to Ampache. If you login to your Ampache server through a normal PC web browser on a fast internet connection - you really have no need to transcode your music to such a low bit rate. It'll stream fine and in much higher quality as the original mp3 file.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Ampache Mobile depends on the playback ended event fired by webOS to go to the next track. Which happens when webOS thinks its hit the end of the stream, and not in my control
    The duration shown on the Now Playing screen, where does that come from?
    Awesome wiki, bjgeiser, their was some stuff in there that I didn't know about, so now I have it set up to be a little bit more efficient:

I didn't see a link posted so here's the official wiki:
    Ampache Mobile Guide to transcoding to AAC+
    P.S. My battery thanks you, it sure was getting rundown even downsampling. Now my Seidio 2600 mAH-nster will eat hours of continuous usage for snackies
    Last edited by ihooten; 05/05/2010 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Adding P.S.
  4.    #1244  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    The duration shown on the Now Playing screen, where does that come from?
    Funny you should ask... when the song if first starting up it comes form the server via XML... once its downloaded enough data it switches to what webOS thinks the song length is, presumably from parsing the stream
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  5.    #1245  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    Awesome wiki, bjgeiser, their was some stuff in there that I didn't know about, so now I have it set up to be a little bit more efficient:

I didn't see a link posted so here's the official wiki:
    Ampache Mobile Guide to transcoding to AAC+
    P.S. My battery thanks you, it sure was getting rundown even downsampling. Now my Seidio 2600 mAH-nster will eat hours of continuous usage for snackies
    Thanks. I might do a few tweaks so check back. I was awaiting a more elegant solution to the songs getting cut off problem, bar that we'll go with mbetters original hack.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Thanks. I might do a few tweaks so check back. I was awaiting a more elegant solution to the songs getting cut off problem, bar that we'll go with mbetters original hack.
    I'll rebuild aacPlusEnc w/ a bitrate offset tomorrow. The elegance is probably worth the ~2kbps quality loss, at least for people getting started.
    I'm using the included palm video player to play the videos so I have zero control over how it gets played back. Even if wrote my own player, I don't think any SDK app including palms own apps have any control over the amount of video that gets buffered, that's controlled by the linux portion of the operating system.

Were you on Wifi or 3G? How large is the file and how long (minutes:secs)? You may need to compress it more so it streams better.
    I was trying to stream a movie Happy Feet. When I encoded it in 3gp I didn't get the pausing problem but the video audios sync was off. The file was 775,000mb in pretty clear quality. I guess I will have to keep tweaking to find the right settings. Thanks for adding this feature I can stream movies and videos. Awesome!!

Is there another way to refresh the library besides coming going back to the main screen and selecting the account again?
    Last edited by mamouton; 05/05/2010 at 06:41 AM.
  8.    #1248  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Is there another way to refresh the library besides coming going back to the main screen and selecting the account again?
    Unfortunately no, that information only comes up from the server when the connection is started. I don't think its that big an issue so I probably will just leave it.

Plus usually when you are using the app you are away from your computer and not rescanning catalogs.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Please excuse my semi-noobness. I am good with PHP but am rusty on the whole pipe thing.

I have transcoding working... mostly. One of my files causes a buffer error in the app and my Apache error log shows:
    Code:
    Processing file 'G:\My Music\Everything Goes Cold - Fail (BABYLAND Remix).mp3' ...
     info: file matches the plugin 'mp3 (libmad)'
     info: MPEG 2 Layer 3 - 22050 Hz - Joint Stereo - FRAME MODE - Total time: 4m.41s
     info: starting normal split

* Enhanced aacPlus Encoder
    * Build May  4 2010, 00:08:31
    * Matteo Croce <rootkit85@yahoo.it>

No valid SBR configuration found for:
    			bitrate=48000
    			channels=2
    			samplerate=22050
       File "-" created
     Processed 10759 frames - Sync errors: 0
     file split
    Can't step back 138!
    What does that mean?
    Bell Palm Pre - The longer I have it the more I do with it.
  10.    #1250  
    Quote Originally Posted by circuitjc View Post
    Please excuse my semi-noobness. I am good with PHP but am rusty on the whole pipe thing.

I have transcoding working... mostly. One of my files causes a buffer error in the app and my Apache error log shows:
    Code:
    Processing file 'G:\My Music\Everything Goes Cold - Fail (BABYLAND Remix).mp3' ...
     info: file matches the plugin 'mp3 (libmad)'
     info: MPEG 2 Layer 3 - 22050 Hz - Joint Stereo - FRAME MODE - Total time: 4m.41s
     info: starting normal split

* Enhanced aacPlus Encoder
    * Build May  4 2010, 00:08:31
    * Matteo Croce <rootkit85@yahoo.it>

No valid SBR configuration found for:
    			bitrate=48000
    			channels=2
    			samplerate=22050
       File "-" created
     Processed 10759 frames - Sync errors: 0
     file split
    Can't step back 138!
    What does that mean?
    I believe thats because the sample rate is too low. aacplusenc supports only 32000, 44100 and 48000 Hz files

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I believe thats because the sample rate is too low. aacplusenc supports only 32000, 44100 and 48000 Hz files
    Well that is easy to fix. I'll re-encode the file and see if that helps.

Thanks.

ADDED:
    Yep that was it. I resampled the track at 48000 Hz and it works perfectly. The track was ripped from a podcast and I never really paid attention to the sample rate when I saved the clip. I'll pay more attention to that from now on.

I will do some testing tomorrow with buffering and such while working.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by circuitjc; 05/05/2010 at 08:19 PM.
    I am getting this error in ampache when updating my catalog

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 48 bytes) in C:\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\getid3\module.audio-video.quicktime.php on line 650
  13.    #1253  

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 48 bytes) in C:\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\getid3\module.audio-video.quicktime.php on line 650
    That smells of a PHP error to me, been dealing with them for years in my photo gallery.

I'd look at memory_limit in php.ini, after that i'd post this to the Ampache.org forums.

Edit: this looks similar http://ampache.org/forums/viewtopic....t=2734&start=0

I usually just up my php memory in the ampache cfg file and it solves that problem.

There is a thread in the ampache forums on this subject.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I seem to not be able to stream videos without having transcoding turned completely off. Do any of you have that problem? It's kind of annoying having to switch it back on to stream songs.
  16.    #1256  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    I seem to not be able to stream videos without having transcoding turned completely off. Do any of you have that problem? It's kind of annoying having to switch it back on to stream songs.
    Hmm... you shouldnt have to. A couple things, there is a bug in Ampache if you have transcoding set to Always it will try to transcode videos, make sure your transcoding setting is 'Default'.

Also, i'm not 100% sure how mp4 videos get handled if u have mp4 audio transcoding enabled. Might want to try changing the extension to m4v if you have mp4s.

That would explain why all my mp4 movies would only play audio. Thanks
    GREAT APP!!!
    Hopefully you can also add the ability to stream pics off the computer too.
  19.    #1259  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    GREAT APP!!!
    Hopefully you can also add the ability to stream pics off the computer too.
    Thanks! I don't see photos happening anytime soon as Ampache would have to support them and there are already a bunch of good photo LAMP apps similar to Ampache.

20.    #1260  
    If you would like to maintain the flash player functionality in Ampache, perhaps for listening to from work or school. Here is my solution.

1. Copy your whole /ampache directory to another directory in htdocs mine is called /ampache_aac.
    2. From there on out do all the modifications described in the wiki to /ampache_aac leaving the other directory untouched.
      • NOTE: In my setup I have both of these instances pointed to the same
      database and it seems to be working fine.
    3. Next change your web_path to the new path in ampache.config.php
    4. Next create a new user which you can turn on the low bit rate (48) transcoding.
    5. Every time you want to stream AAC log into this copied server and enter your new user.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 05/06/2010 at 12:10 PM.