View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 61 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
    Will this work on a Mac?
  2.    #1202  
    Quote Originally Posted by apalemick View Post
    Will this work on a Mac?
    Yes, the server you will need is called a MAMP server.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Yes, the server you will need is called a MAMP server.
    As someone who is sort of somewhere between computer illiterate and a developer, what do you think my chances are of being able to set this up?
    It seems a lot of people are having problems.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    As someone who is sort of somewhere between computer illiterate and a developer, what do you think my chances are of being able to set this up?
    Be persistent, and have faith in yourself. It's totally worth the effort to set it up.
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
    I would suggest using

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

and

Download ISOampache

to setup an Ampache virtual machine.
  6.    #1206  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    I would suggest using

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

and

Download ISOampache

to setup an Ampache virtual machine.
    If you don't want to run a virtual machine then I'd follow the directions for some other application that uses the same server.

like this.... Word Press MAMP

when you get to the point where you need to install word press switch over to the guide for ampache

Many people have tried and succeeded and it is worth the effort.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    I'm working on getting a build environment set up for aacPlusEnc on Windows but it's more complicated than I originally hoped. This *******ized-POSIX stuff (cygwin, mingw) is very strange; I can't get gcc to see the FFT library.
  8.    #1208  
    New Version submitted to Palm... Blog Post

New Features
    • Stored Searches
      • Save your favorite searches for quick access to your music.
      • Tap and Hold Search from the main menu for quick access.
      • Searches are stored per account.
      • Some searches can be date limited. Including Artists, Albums and Songs
      • Tap Icon to Edit, Swipe to Delete, Hold to Reorder

Improvements
    • Video Search, added video search to search options.
    • Added no items found message for empty search results.

Bug Fixes
    • Type to search in video scene broken.
    • Banner notifications didn't show up when in app but away from now playing screen.
    • Extended stall detection timer to 30 secs, was 20
    • On/Off preferences weren't being saved correctly
    • Paused now playing didn't show current time

Is this the one you tried: aacPlusCLI ?
    Yeah, I have... there are actually a few different builds running around, but only the one from BASS.net purports to support "stdout" as they all support "stdin" (go figure, right) to work for the BASS.net streaming applications, but when testing it it seems that the outproduct for a container or stdout is an unreadable junk file. I kind of took a break for a while as I came to a wall trying to force FAAC to do what I want, but I had no success. I'll see if I can continue testing some other variants of the enc_aacPlus encoder that is capable of producing what we're looking for. Also I that I had seen that MediaCoder had commandline support, but I'm still looking into that. My prophecy of 30 encoders and more knowledge is coming true.
    Do you add video to a catalog like we did with the music?
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    in Ampache.cfg.php:

; Video Pattern
    ; This defines which video file types Ampache will attempt to catalog
    ; You can specify any file extension you want in here seperating them with
    ; a | but ampache may not be able to parse them
    ; DEAFULT: avi|mpg|flv|m4v
    catalog_video_pattern = "avi|mpg|flv|m4v"
    I added that but I still get a pop saying it cant be played. Am I doing something wrong? The videos show up under videos but most don't have a name
    Thanks for all your hard work. I have no idea what I'm doing and got this to work from this morning working on it part of the day and now I'm jammin to BNL over EVDO with a HUGE music collection...

THANKS!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    Yeah, I have... there are actually a few different builds running around, but only the one from BASS.net purports to support "stdout" as they all support "stdin" (go figure, right) to work for the BASS.net streaming applications, but when testing it it seems that the outproduct for a container or stdout is an unreadable junk file. I kind of took a break for a while as I came to a wall trying to force FAAC to do what I want, but I had no success. I'll see if I can continue testing some other variants of the enc_aacPlus encoder that is capable of producing what we're looking for. Also I that I had seen that MediaCoder had commandline support, but I'm still looking into that. My prophecy of 30 encoders and more knowledge is coming true.
    Just to check, you have tried aacPlusEnc from the mp4tools page, right?

Also, FAAC is a complete waste of time. Even if you do get AAC working with it, you'd get better quality using LAME to encode mp3.
  14.    #1214  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I added that but I still get a pop saying it cant be played. Am I doing something wrong? The videos show up under videos but most don't have a name
    What format and extensions are the videos you are trying to play?

my mp4's can play the mpeg, avi etc can't I modded cfg file to add this as well

; Video Pattern
  16.    #1216  
    my mp4's can play the mpeg, avi etc can't I modded cfg file to add this as well

; Video Pattern
    webOS can't play the avi and mpeg files, and ampache doesnt transcode video yet. So you pretty much have to convert prior to adding them to the server. As a rule of thumb if u copy a video over the your phone and it cant play it then u cant stream it either.

I use handbreak to reencode my videos using the iphone profile, works great.

Ok thanks I thought that configuration would allow the various file extension.
    OKAY

aacPlusEnc 0.17.1 built for Win32 w/ Cygwin.
    http://markspark.net/slasha/aacplusenc-0.17.1.rar

Give it a shot, I tested with:

lame --mp3input -S --decode test.mp3 - | aacplusenc - - 48 | mplayer - -cache 1024

Gotta keep the DLL in the same directory as the EXE.
    Last edited by mbetter; 05/04/2010 at 01:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    lame --mp3input -S --decode test.mp3 - | aacplusenc - - 48 | mplayer - -cache 1024

Gotta keep the DLL in the same directory as the EXE.
    Ok... why is mplayer in that mix? Is it to encapsulate the file?

Is that this mplayer?

Thanks for everything!
    Bell Palm Pre - The longer I have it the more I do with it.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Ok thanks I thought that configuration would allow the various file extension.
    That allows Ampache to see those file extentions but the phone can only play what it can play and Ampache doesn't transcode video.

I created a separate folder for converted videos outside of the path of my main catalog. I added a catalog to the list pointing to that folder. I re-encode what videos I want to stream to m4v's and throw them in that folder. Update the video catalog and there they are.

I also modified that line in the config file to only include m4v.

HTH
    Bell Palm Pre - The longer I have it the more I do with it.