View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Globex try making your apache timeout like 600 in httpd.conf
    That didn't help. I'm still having a lot of restarts in WIFI. Most of them are occurring without a Stall error message too...

Is there a list of public ampache servers somewhere so I can test a connection to another server to see where the problem is.

*edit* I am noticing less stalls on 3G for sure though.
    Last edited by globex; 04/23/2010 at 11:16 PM.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
  2.    #1162  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    It's strange, but when I compared what was happening in my logs it appears when just downsampling using the generic:

transcode_cmd_mp3 = "C:\audiosys\mp3splt\mp3splt -qnf %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% -o - | C:\audiosys\lame --mp3input -q 3 -b %SAMPLE% -S - -"

I noticed that no file for stdout is being made in the Ampache\Play folder for downsampling, but with anything that I send from Lame to an AAC encoder for transcoding to AAC+ it creates a file with an unknown extension and filename "-" when stdout is used or if I specify a temporary filename with .aac extension that will get created, but neither will stream.
    Bingo... its not outputting to stdout. Instead its creating a file called "-".. looks like your encoder for AAC doesnt support stdout, probably need to try the other one, from way back in the thread.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    I want to use aacplusenc, because ya'll seem to be able to use it properly, but in testing it's strange. It's like stdin doesn't work on it because when I use a command line command:

lame --mp3input -S --decode test3.mp3 - | aacplusenc - temp3.aac 48

all it generates is a 1kb .AAC file... it like stdin doesn't work. I know that if I could get stdin to work for aacplusenc that it would work. I tried using enc_aacPlus, but your right the current version doesn't support stdout, however I did find a modified version that was modified to allow stdout to work with BASS.net, but that version would break when I tried to use it. So, I think I have two options A) figure out why aacplusenc isn't taking stndin as designed or B) find another AAC encoder that supports stdin/stdout.
  4.    #1164  
    I want to use aacplusenc, because ya'll seem to be able to use it properly, but in testing it's strange. It's like stdin doesn't work on it because when I use a command line command:

lame --mp3input -S --decode test3.mp3 - | aacplusenc - temp3.aac 48

all it generates is a 1kb .AAC file... it like stdin doesn't work. I know that if I could get stdin to work for aacplusenc that it would work. I tried using enc_aacPlus, but your right the current version doesn't support stdout, however I did find a modified version that was modified to allow stdout to work with BASS.net, but that version would break when I tried to use it. So, I think I have two options A) figure out why aacplusenc isn't taking stndin as designed or B) find another AAC encoder that supports stdin/stdout.
    Edit: opps didnt read your post far enough, ya i agree, your accplusenc is busted

Are you using aacplusenc from here? mp4tools - free tools to easily make mp4 files under Linux

Code:
    lame --mp3input -S --decode test.mp3 - | aacplusenc - temp2.aac 48

* Enhanced aacPlus Encoder
    * Build Dec 17 2007, 17:32:16
    * Matteo Croce <rootkit85@yahoo.it>

input file -:
    sr = 44100, nc = 2

output file temp2.aac:
    br = 48000 sr-OUT = 44100  nc-OUT = 2

[0%]

encoding finished
    This outputs an empty file. Indicating to me that aacplusenc is trying to read from a file called "-" and not stdin.

Code:
    lame --mp3input -S --decode test.mp3 temp.wav | aacplusenc temp.wav 
    temp.aac 48
    This line does make a good streamable file, the question is can it output to stdout?

FYI, these command line tools work better in linux.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    After digging through forums I found Teknoraver was acknowledging that the Dec 17, 2007 windows binary build has broken stdin, but that he hasn't spent much time with it. You are right about Linux, but I'm taking things one step at a time for the moment. When setting a file to workaround the stdin problem with aacplusenc I determined that the WAV file does get built in the Ampache\Play, but either it doesn't pipe to stdout or there's some other problem I haven't thought of. I'll see if I can either find a fixed version of aacpluenc, or some other AAC encoder that can do stdin/stdout. So far, I playing with FAAC to stdout MPEG-4, no success, but I'm hopeful that with the right combination of options that I could make it work.

I don't think that I can make a Windows binary from the aacplusenc tarball, I can use nmake for windows instead of the make command, but I don't really know enough about it. Maybe if I'm successfull we can post something for the community showing Windows users how to make Transcoding MP3 to AAC work.
  6.    #1166  
    I don't think that I can make a Windows binary from the aacplusenc tarball, I can use nmake for windows instead of the make command, but I don't really know enough about it. Maybe if I'm successfull we can post something for the community showing Windows users how to make Transcoding MP3 to AAC work.
    Sounds good, let us know how it goes.

can ampache mobile transcode windows media files? Any plans on making the video play with ampache mobile?
    Ok, I've had some marginal success with the transcode line:

transcode_cmd_mp3 = "C:\audiosys\mp3splt -qnf %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% -o - | C:\audiosys\lame --mp3input -S --decode - - | C:\audiosys\faac -b %SAMPLE% --mpeg-vers 4 -o - -"

It will definitely pipe to stdout in the form of AAC with ADTS as the container format, Low Complexity (MPEG-4) + M/S. Still, I can see it loading in Ampache Mobile, but still it won't play. The Ampache log doesn't indicate an error, so I'm thinking that this is playback issue. Ampache Mobile indicates that an audio crash has occurred and attempts to recover, but I'll hit play on the fully loaded file an not get any playback. I'll still try some different things, I've tried the GSTREAM %20 and not had any success.
  9.    #1169  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    can ampache mobile transcode windows media files? Any plans on making the video play with ampache mobile?
    Ampache Mobile itself does not do any transcoding. That all happens on the server, but yes your server should be able to transcode that.

As for video, its in the works. I just streamed my first video from Ampache 3 days ago.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 04/24/2010 at 11:20 PM.

Cool twice!! What are the preferred transcoding setting for windows media files? How do you set that up? If you can point me the directions on the web it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
  11.    #1171  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Cool twice!! What are the preferred transcoding setting for windows media files? How do you set that up? If you can point me the directions on the web it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    Honestly I have no idea. I think your best chance of success would be to pose the question in the Ampache forum.

Ampache forum - Installation

Edit: I also found this post...

Ok, with some expirimentation I've determined that FAAC definitly streams through Ampache, but I can't get it to play. What FAAC is producing is an MPEG-4 Low Complexity AAC file, so it's not AAC+. FAAC supports Object-type (LC, default; Main; LTP) but when I try to run any of these options in th commandline line like:

mp3splt -qnf "C:\Palm Ops\emergency backup\music\Boards of Canada - Beware the Friendly Stranger.mp3" 00.00 00.37 -o - | lame --mp3input -S --decode - - | faac -b 48 --mpeg-vers 4 --object-type LTP -o temp.aac -

...nothing is produced, in fact it seems FAAC doesn't aknowledge the command and breaks. Also, if what I'm producing is an AAC-LC file, does the transcode_target_mp3 still going to be m4a, and is the MIME type in song.class.php still "audio/aacp"?
  13.    #1173  
    New version submitted to palm, should be ready in a couple hours. I've added simple video playback support, try it out and see how it goes. See the release notes for information on what video types will work.

I also put up a youtube video so people who don't have a server can see what they are missing.

Spread the link around, make your own videos, help spread the word! Currently I'm 582 in the hot apps contest, we can do better than that.

New Features

Video Playback
    • Playback of Videos indexed by Amapache which webOS supports. m4v seem to work the best.
    • Using Palm Video Player for streaming playback. Launches in separate window.
    • Ampache has no video transcoding yet, so videos must be preconverted. I've found handbreak to work very well, use the ipod touch/iphone setting.

Bug Fixes
    • Delete confirmation turned off in now playing list, on now

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Wow, I gotta admit, I didn't expect any sort of video support so soon! Nice!
    ... Not that I have any videos to test it with yet

Y'know what might be a good advertisement, is to set up a demo-type Ampache server, with public domain and freely available material. Then It could be pre-configured in new installs of Ampache Mobile, so users that download it can immediately see how the app works.
    That'd be a good promo for your Johnson Family Band, right?
    Last edited by Maturin; 04/26/2010 at 10:01 AM.
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
  15.    #1175  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    Y'know what might be a good advertisement, is to set up a demo-type Ampache server, with public domain and freely available material. Then It could be pre-configured in new installs of Ampache Mobile, so users that download it can immediately see how the app works.
    Agree, I asked the Ampache guys about a demo server and they pretty much shot it down. Cost to run it would be to high, in time and money.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Even with just one album on it, that the average user might try once then never go back to? I've got an extra PC I would volunteer to run it on, but my connection is too unreliable imo.
  17.    #1177  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    Even with just one album on it, that the average user might try once then never go back to? I've got an extra PC I would volunteer to run it on, but my connection is too unreliable imo.
    Problem is that there have been over 1 million webOS devices sold. If a tenth of a percent of those download and try out the app thats over a thousand connections. Realistically for it to be worthwhile it would need to be on a fast server with good bandwidth.

Great new feature, adding video! Now we don't have to waut for Flash in order to stream Pr0nZ
    Last edited by ihooten; 04/26/2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: clarification
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Great new feature, adding video! Now we don't have to waut for Flash in order to stream Pr0nZ
    pm'd
  20.    #1180  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    That didn't help. I'm still having a lot of restarts in WIFI. Most of them are occurring without a Stall error message too...

Is there a list of public ampache servers somewhere so I can test a connection to another server to see where the problem is.

*edit* I am noticing less stalls on 3G for sure though.
    Remind me, whats your bitrate?
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 04/26/2010 at 05:24 PM.