View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
    bjgeiser and mbetter, thank you for your assistance helping me learn to transcode MP3 to AAC, I think I am closer now than ever to success. I have found a command line sequence that will successfully start a file through mp3splt, to Lame to convert the MP3 to WAV, and finally WAV to AAC+ using the "stdin/stdout" features to pipe the file to the stream for playback but I still can't get it to work. I have adjusted the song.class.php as mbetter indicated but when Ampache Mobile errors out it says the MIME used is "audio/mpeg" and not the "audio/aacp" (previously audio/mp4) that was established. Not only this, the error log states:

"(auto_transcode) -> Transcoding to mp3
    2010-04-21 21:17:56 [hootanic09] (Downsample) -> Starting Downsample"

I thought it was transcoding FROM mp3 to AAC+, or in ampache.config.php
    "transcode_mp3 = true
    transcode_mp3_target = mp4"
    as Mp4 is just an AAC+ variant.

I even set Downsampling back to "false" in the config. I still dont get where I'm make my mistake. I thought that AAC+ was possible to acheive, I mean you guys did it right?
  2.    #1142  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    bjgeiser and mbetter, thank you for your assistance helping me learn to transcode MP3 to AAC, I think I am closer now than ever to success. I have found a command line sequence that will successfully start a file through mp3splt, to Lame to convert the MP3 to WAV, and finally WAV to AAC+ using the "stdin/stdout" features to pipe the file to the stream for playback but I still can't get it to work. I have adjusted the song.class.php as mbetter indicated but when Ampache Mobile errors out it says the MIME used is "audio/mpeg" and not the "audio/aacp" (previously audio/mp4) that was established. Not only this, the error log states:

"(auto_transcode) -> Transcoding to mp3
    2010-04-21 21:17:56 [hootanic09] (Downsample) -> Starting Downsample"

"transcode_mp3 = true

I even set Downsampling back to "false" in the config. I still dont get where I'm make my mistake. I thought that AAC+ was possible to acheive, I mean you guys did it right?
    The mime type in the error is the type of the original file, sorry if its confusing.

Try: transcode_mp3_target = m4a

And yes its possible.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  3.    #1143  
    Pushed 0.9.2 to Palm with Critical Bug Fix.

Improvements
    • Sorting: Tap and Hold the Header on any list to bring up a sort menu. Only the Albums Sort saves its state.
    • Jump: Added Jump to Top/Bottom on Songs, Genre and Playlist screens
    • Added first time use popup

Bug Fixes
    • Infinite loop in now playing screen caused the app to lock up, possibly resulting in false audio stall detection.
    • Playback errors sometime broke the now playing list.
    • Fixed Check for Updates so it doesn't have to launch the browser
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Installed new version. I am at 12 songs with no stalling. Buffer set at 2. Your bug fix worked for me. Thank you very much.

On another note I might play with the transcoding/downsampling thing when I have some time. I like the idea of multiple accounts at different bitrates for the different places I use this.
    "transcode_mp3 = true
    That's my mistake, I gave you the wrong target line originally. bjgeiser is right, it should be m4a as that's the one we changed.
    I tried setting it to m4a, but I still haven't gotten it to work. In the song.class.php, for sure should be
    "case: aac
    case: m4a
    case: mp4
    $this -->mime type, "audio/aacp"

or should it just be aac, or aac+, or some other variant?
  7.    #1147  
    New version having less stalls?

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    For me, yes. I played music for a couple of hours and it stalled twice. Once when I was browsing and another when I paused it for about 5 mins. Before it was stalling every 2-3 songs.

My buffers are set to 2.
    I tried setting it to m4a, but I still haven't gotten it to work. In the song.class.php, for sure should be
    "case: aac
    case: m4a
    case: mp4
    $this -->mime type, "audio/aacp"

or should it just be aac, or aac+, or some other variant?
    From my song.class.php:

Code:
    231                         case 'aac':
    232                         case 'mp4':
    233                         case 'm4a':
    234                                 $this->mime = "audio/aacp";
    235                         break;
    The Pre doesn't seem to care much about the mime type, maybe you have another problem?
    When I put in these settings and click "test connection" it goes to something with a lot of code. I can't see the first part because it scrolls so fast and can't scroll it down again but this is part of what is left on the screen. {margin-left: 3em;} span {font-size:smaller;} /*]]>*/-->/style> </head> <body> etc.............................

I can get AmpachPre to work but cant get Ampache Moile to work.
    port 80 is not blocked

account name: music
    URL Http://XX.XXX.XXX.XXX (then I also tried to put :80 at the end of it still same thing)
    Username xxxxxxx
    password xxxxxxxx

Any ideas?

Thanks
  11.    #1151  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    When I put in these settings and click "test connection" it goes to something with a lot of code. I can't see the first part because it scrolls so fast and can't scroll it down again but this is part of what is left on the screen. {margin-left: 3em;} span {font-size:smaller;} /*]]>*/-->/style> </head> <body> etc.............................

I can get AmpachPre to work but cant get Ampache Moile to work.
    port 80 is not blocked

account name: music
    URL Http://XX.XXX.XXX.XXX (then I also tried to put :80 at the end of it still same thing)
    Username xxxxxxx
    password xxxxxxxx

Any ideas?

Thanks
    what do you put in your web browser to connect? What ever it is, put that.

example http://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ampache ?

what do you put in your web browser to connect? What ever it is, put that.

example http://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ampache ?
    D'oh thats what I forgot.

Thanks

Michael
    How can I test to make sure "stdout" works? when transcoding locally in my command line for testing purposes I know that specifying an output file works, but when I use "stdout" in the command line it just makes a generic output file named "-". The file size is the same as my specified output test AAC+ file. The transcode line I am using is:

; This line seems to work better for windows, switch if needed

transcode_cmd_mp3 = "C:\audiosys\mp3splt -qnf %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% -o - | C:\audiosys\lame --mp3input -S --decode - - | C:\audiosys\enc_aacPlus - - --br %SAMPLE% --high"

I'm not sure how you feel about enc_aacPlus, but it's the only encoder I've used so far that doesn't break during command line testing... for some reason I can't get aacPlusenc to take the pipe file using "stdin/stdout" from Mp3splt and Lame.
  14.    #1154  
    How can I test to make sure "stdout" works? when transcoding locally in my command line for testing purposes I know that specifying an output file works, but when I use "stdout" in the command line it just makes a generic output file named "-". The file size is the same as my specified output test AAC+ file. The transcode line I am using is:

; This line seems to work better for windows, switch if needed

transcode_cmd_mp3 = "C:\audiosys\mp3splt -qnf %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% -o - | C:\audiosys\lame --mp3input -S --decode - - | C:\audiosys\enc_aacPlus - - --br %SAMPLE% --high"

I'm not sure how you feel about enc_aacPlus, but it's the only encoder I've used so far that doesn't break during command line testing... for some reason I can't get aacPlusenc to take the pipe file using "stdin/stdout" from Mp3splt and Lame.
    What I did was to have the whole thing write to a file instead of std out. Until that file was correct, last i put stdout back in the mix.

It will totally break ampache streaming until u get it working, but at least u know u can generate the right file.

What I did was to have the whole thing write to a file instead of std out. Until that file was correct, last i put stdout back in the mix.

It will totally break ampache streaming until u get it working, but at least u know u can generate the right file.
    Ok, so I set it to make a temporary output file which is actually built in the ampache\play folder and it appears that the player times out before the song is built as the error log does show some streaming has occurred:

(auto_transcode) -> Transcoding to mp3
    2010-04-23 16:14:44 [hootanic09] (Downsample) -> Starting Downsample {Transcode:always} {Native Stream:} {Not Local:1}
    2010-04-23 16:14:44 [hootanic09] (downsample) -> Start Downsample: C:\audiosys\mp3splt -qnf "C:\Palm Ops\emergency backup\music\heartbeats - the knife.mp3" 00.00 03.53 -o - | C:\audiosys\lame --mp3input -S --decode - - | C:\audiosys\enc_aacPlus - temp.aac --br 48 --he
    2010-04-23 16:14:45 [hootanic09] (Play) -> Starting stream of C:\Palm Ops\emergency backup\music\heartbeats - the knife.mp3 with size 1403785
    2010-04-23 16:14:58 [hootanic09] (Play) -> 715 of 1403785 streamed, less than 701892.5 not collecting stats
    2010-04-23 16:14:59 [hootanic09] (Play) -> Stream Ended at 715 bytes out of 1403785

...but because it has received too little data back from Ampache that the stream just ends. I notice that there is a setting called "Apache Timeout" that is set to 300, if this were set higher, do you think that it will fix it? Also it appears that it takes a while to transcode the file from Mp3, through Mp3splt, Lame, and enc_aacPlus, at least a minute or two, is it this that could be causing the problem. If so, then I think my single core 2GHZ laptop may not be capable of transcoding in a timely enough manner to work. Any thoughts on this?
  16.    #1156  
    Ok, so I set it to make a temporary output file which is actually built in the ampache\play folder and it appears that the player times out before the song is built as the error log does show some streaming has occurred:

(auto_transcode) -> Transcoding to mp3
    2010-04-23 16:14:44 [hootanic09] (Downsample) -> Starting Downsample {Transcode:always} {Native Stream:} {Not Local:1}
    2010-04-23 16:14:44 [hootanic09] (downsample) -> Start Downsample: C:\audiosys\mp3splt -qnf "C:\Palm Ops\emergency backup\music\heartbeats - the knife.mp3" 00.00 03.53 -o - | C:\audiosys\lame --mp3input -S --decode - - | C:\audiosys\enc_aacPlus - temp.aac --br 48 --he
    2010-04-23 16:14:45 [hootanic09] (Play) -> Starting stream of C:\Palm Ops\emergency backup\music\heartbeats - the knife.mp3 with size 1403785
    2010-04-23 16:14:58 [hootanic09] (Play) -> 715 of 1403785 streamed, less than 701892.5 not collecting stats
    2010-04-23 16:14:59 [hootanic09] (Play) -> Stream Ended at 715 bytes out of 1403785

...but because it has received too little data back from Ampache that the stream just ends. I notice that there is a setting called "Apache Timeout" that is set to 300, if this were set higher, do you think that it will fix it? Also it appears that it takes a while to transcode the file from Mp3, through Mp3splt, Lame, and enc_aacPlus, at least a minute or two, is it this that could be causing the problem. If so, then I think my single core 2GHZ laptop may not be capable of transcoding in a timely enough manner to work. Any thoughts on this?
    The apache timeout value doenst have much to with this. But yes the time to transcode could be an issue.

Does that temp.aac... i'd name it temp.m4a, file play in an audio player like VLC?

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    About the same for me.

I'm still finding that I get WAY more stalls when I'm on WIFI than when I'm on 3G (which makes no sense - I know). And that's in various WIFI locations too, so I don't think it's to do with a bad WIFI signal... Or at least, I haven't noticed having connectivity issues when I'm on WIFI with anything other than Ampache Mobile.

I wish there was some better way to debug this...
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
  18.    #1158  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    About the same for me.

I'm still finding that I get WAY more stalls when I'm on WIFI than when I'm on 3G (which makes no sense - I know). And that's in various WIFI locations too, so I don't think it's to do with a bad WIFI signal... Or at least, I haven't noticed having connectivity issues when I'm on WIFI with anything other than Ampache Mobile.

I wish there was some better way to debug this...
    No sense at all. I wish there weren't bugs to debug.

19.    #1159  
    No sense at all. I wish there weren't bugs to debug.
    Globex try making your apache timeout like 600 in httpd.conf

It's strange, but when I compared what was happening in my logs it appears when just downsampling using the generic:

transcode_cmd_mp3 = "C:\audiosys\mp3splt\mp3splt -qnf %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% -o - | C:\audiosys\lame --mp3input -q 3 -b %SAMPLE% -S - -"

I noticed that no file for stdout is being made in the Ampache\Play folder for downsampling, but with anything that I send from Lame to an AAC encoder for transcoding to AAC+ it creates a file with an unknown extension and filename "-" when stdout is used or if I specify a temporary filename with .aac extension that will get created, but neither will stream.