View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 55 of 88 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    https://svn.ampache.org/trunk/lib/class/query.class.php is where most of the browsing SQL takes place, that's probably where you'd have to make your patch.

You could do a quick and dirty hack in get_filter_sql(), I think, to add a "WHERE enabled != 0." I'd make it conditional on self::$type and possibly a config variable.
    Thanks for the bit of direction. I've done what I set out to do (disabled songs no longer show up in the web interface) if anyone cares I can email you the 4 files that changed.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Found a bug, pressing the Orange Key while on the Search field takes you back. So you can't search for any symbols because you can't input them. I don't think this was happening in 0.8.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
  3.    #1083  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Found a bug, pressing the Orange Key while on the Search field takes you back. So you can't search for any symbols because you can't input them. I don't think this was happening in 0.8.
    Thanks! fixed that, albums in genre was busted and a few more tweaks to the stalled audio detector I'll probably release 0.9.1 this weekend.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I've also noticed that sometimes after the stall is detected in the middle of a song and it restarts it, the cursor goes to the middle of the song, but the song plays from the beginning. So it doesn't seem to be able to correctly jump to the right position. It doesn't happen every time though, so I'm not sure if it's just caused by a bad connection or what.
    I've also noticed that sometimes after the stall is detected in the middle of a song and it restarts it, the cursor goes to the middle of the song, but the song plays from the beginning. So it doesn't seem to be able to correctly jump to the right position. It doesn't happen every time though, so I'm not sure if it's just caused by a bad connection or what.
    I am seeing this sometime too...
  6.    #1086  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    I am seeing this sometime too...
    Thanks guys.... I'll see if I can figure out whats going on there. I think 0.9.1 should have less false positives when it comes to detecting stalls/crashes.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Thanks! fixed that, albums in genre was busted and a few more tweaks to the stalled audio detector I'll probably release 0.9.1 this weekend.
    I also noticed that albums are no longer being listed chronologically. Could that be related, and if so, is this something you already fixed?

I know this isn't the default setup, but I had adjusted the artist.class.php file to order albums first by year. This always worked until the .9 versions (still works in Ampachpre). Now the albums are all sorted alphabetically.
  8.    #1088  
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingHippy View Post
    I also noticed that albums are no longer being listed chronologically. Could that be related, and if so, is this something you already fixed?

I know this isn't the default setup, but I had adjusted the artist.class.php file to order albums first by year. This always worked until the .9 versions (still works in Ampachpre). Now the albums are all sorted alphabetically.
    App Menu on the Albums list, Sort -> By Year
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 04/17/2010 at 02:47 AM.

9.    #1089  
    You can update using the Updates App on the phone, much easier.

Improvements
    • Updates to Help Scene, including Check for Update, User Guide and App Introduction
    • Made stall/crash recovery optional, configurable in account editor. Default:On
    • Added Donate Button to About Screen
    • Tweaked stall detection for less false positives
    • Fixed formatting on account editor

Bug Fixes

• Reset Stall detection when buffer loss is detected
    • Fixed orange key on search causing scene to exit
    • Fixed load albums from the genre page
    • Fixed a bug which caused the playlist and buffer ahead to die
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 04/18/2010 at 12:04 PM.

10.    #1090  

Hey, mbetter and bjgeiser, I'm still having problems with tanscoding to AAC+ and I have tried using the AACPlusEnc tool that ya'll suggested, but I don't think I've set it up right for Win XP. I tried using the binary for windows provided with a test file at 48 kbps bitrate and what AACplusEnc is saying is "No Valid SBR Configuration found". so I think I didn't upack the .TAR files correctly or something. Any advice?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Ok, i am confused with transcoding. I picked LAME 3.98.4, FLAC 1.2.1b, ALAC, and also mp3split from the link in the transcoding section of the ampache wiki.

My question is, is there a specific folder within my ampache folder where i place these files/folders? or is it somewhere within my windows install? this is where my confusion lies.

I realize that it says in the config file that they "must be installed manually and in the web server path, and executable by the web server". And thats fine. I'm just not sure where that would be. And i was able to execute all the files using a cmd window on my own. Don't know if that matters, but i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by gene26 View Post
    Ok, i am confused with transcoding. I picked LAME 3.98.4, FLAC 1.2.1b, ALAC, and also mp3split from the link in the transcoding section of the ampache wiki.

My question is, is there a specific folder within my ampache folder where i place these files/folders? or is it somewhere within my windows install? this is where my confusion lies.

I realize that it says in the config file that they "must be installed manually and in the web server path, and executable by the web server". And thats fine. I'm just not sure where that would be. And i was able to execute all the files using a cmd window on my own. Don't know if that matters, but i could.
    I'm not to sure either, but I've just been referencing the filepath for windows in mine. For instance with downsampling I'm using the command line, " This line seems to work better for windows, switch if needed
    transcode_cmd_mp3 = "C:\audiosys\mp3splt\mp3splt -qnf %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% -o - | C:\audiosys\lame --mp3input -q 3 -b %SAMPLE% -S - -" " in the ampache.cfg.php file, line 545-546. I haven't been able to enable logging as windows doesn't have a var/logs/ampache path, and I'm not sure how to set the log path so that I can see the log telling me its working, but when I use what I've changed compared to the original file I do notice better performance and buffering. The codes I've used are borrowed from elryon in a post of page 12 of this thread, if that helps.
    I've used both AmpacheMobile and AmpachePre, and I prefer Mobile in almost every way, especially the drag+seek capabilities.

But there are 2 features in APre I would donate money for if they ever made their way into AMobile: bookmarks and the ability to rearrange the server home screen.

Any chance of either of those making it into a future version? If I had to choose one I'd go with bookmarks. I stream a 6 hour radio show to my phone pretty often_ but even broken up into 60 minute chunks it would be sweet to be able to mark my location.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    How much control over the volume buttons do you have? Would it possible to have a press+hold Volume Up go to the next song, and press+hold Volume down to go to the previous song? It would make life much easier (and safer) when I'm trying to jump songs while driving.
  16.    #1096  
    How much control over the volume buttons do you have? Would it possible to have a press+hold Volume Up go to the next song, and press+hold Volume down to go to the previous song? It would make life much easier (and safer) when I'm trying to jump songs while driving.
    I added keyboard controls a while back. I use them while driving all the time.

Look for controls in the app menu on the now playing screen.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 04/18/2010 at 08:13 PM.
    My Bluetooth is an A2DP stereo set (Plantronics 903 Backbeat) and the skip controls work just fine. If this is with a car set I would think it would be A2DP equipped, but if you're using the Jupiter Jack to play over your radio, I could definitely see your need.
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    I'm not to sure either, but I've just been referencing the filepath for windows in mine. For instance with downsampling I'm using the command line, " This line seems to work better for windows, switch if needed
    transcode_cmd_mp3 = "C:\audiosys\mp3splt\mp3splt -qnf %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% -o - | C:\audiosys\lame --mp3input -q 3 -b %SAMPLE% -S - -" " in the ampache.cfg.php file, line 545-546. I haven't been able to enable logging as windows doesn't have a var/logs/ampache path, and I'm not sure how to set the log path so that I can see the log telling me its working, but when I use what I've changed compared to the original file I do notice better performance and buffering. The codes I've used are borrowed from elryon in a post of page 12 of this thread, if that helps.
    Log path is line 349 of the ampache.cfg file.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I added keyboard controls a while back. I use them while driving all the time.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but those are all on the keyboard, and that would still require me to slide it out and look for the right key. The volume buttons I can feel on my phone without having to open it or even look at it.

Using volume keys would also be useful when I'm walking and don't want to take the phone out of my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    My Bluetooth is an A2DP stereo set (Plantronics 903 Backbeat) and the skip controls work just fine. If this is with a car set I would think it would be A2DP equipped, but if you're using the Jupiter Jack to play over your radio, I could definitely see your need.
    No, I just an AUX in input. No bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by gene26 View Post

You can put the files where ever you want. You just have to reference the file path in the ampache cfg file.

Here's my FLAC transcoding line:
    transcode_cmd_flac = "C:\Xampp\xampp\flac -dc %FILE% | C:\Xampp\xampp\lame -b %SAMPLE% -S - - "