View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
    Thanks for letting use that, mbetter, I truly have a novice level of understanding @ this point. I try the other encoder and see if I can get a better result. I think by the end of this I'll have 30 encoders and still a limited understanding of command line coding in the config PHP. Oh well, this is good experience for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    Thanks for letting use that, mbetter, I truly have a novice level of understanding @ this point. I try the other encoder and see if I can get a better result. I think by the end of this I'll have 30 encoders and still a limited understanding of command line coding in the config PHP. Oh well, this is good experience for me.
    Okay, I did some messing around with it.

First you need mp3splt, lame and aacplusenc. Google around for the first two if you're on Windows, Linux you should be able to do apt-get install mp3splt, apt-get install lame, although you might have to add repositories. aacPlusEnc you can get here:

mp4tools - free tools to easily make mp4 files under Linux

Now, here's how you want your ampache config to look (relevant lines only):

Code:
    ; List of filetypes to transcode
    transcode_mp3 = true
    transcode_mp3_target = mp4
    ; These are the commands that will be run to transcode the file
    transcode_cmd_mp3 = "mp3splt -qnf %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% -o - | lame --mp3input -S --decode - - | aacplusenc - - %SAMPLE%"
    Next, set your transcoding bitrate to exactly 48. Anything higher won't work with aacPlusEnc, anything lower will sound worse.

Now after that we still have two problems.. first off, I was losing the last few seconds of my files because aacPlusEnc doesn't seem to stick too well to the bitrate that you're asking for. The hack to get around this is to open /ampache-root-directory/lib/class/stream.class.php and look for this line:

Code:
    $sample_ratio = $sample_rate/($song->bitrate/1000);
    Mine was on line 656. Change it to this:

Code:
    $sample_ratio = ($sample_rate+2)/($song->bitrate/1000);
    This is an ugly hack and not thoroughly tested, it may break any other transcoding you've got going on. If you're having problems with songs not ending properly, try increasing or decreasing that 2 slightly.

Okay, next problem: you're telling Ampache that you're transcoding to .m4a but that's not entirely true, at least I don't think so. Ampache sees the .m4a and sends a MIME-type of Audio / mp4. I know for a fact that this is incorrect and, predictably, some players refuse to play the streams. The ugly hack to fix this (notice a pattern here?) is to open /ampache-root-directory/lib/class/song.php and look for the following code:

Code:
    case 'm4a':
        $this->mime = "audio/mp4";
    and change it to:

Code:
    case 'm4a':
        $this->mime = "audio/aacp";
    This will play in WMP12, MPlayer (SMPlayer), foobar2000 and Winamp. VLC is still being a little ***** about it, I'm still looking for a better MIME type that will shut it up. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $you$'$re$ $out$ $of$ $luck$ $with$ $the$ $flash$ $player$ $for$ $now$, $though$ $I$'$m$ $working$ $on$ $getting$ $an$ $alternate$ $flash$ $player$ $going$.
    Last edited by mbetter; 04/13/2010 at 10:08 PM.
    Hey Mbetter, since your hacking on Ampache. Have you found an easy way to get songs marked as disabled (in the database) to NOT show in the web interface? I think it's a silly thing that disabled songs continue to show.

Here's my code contribution:

This bit of SQL is for people who have connected their Ampache database to a remote server. This will make it easy to find and disable songs that you both have.

Code:
    Run this first to create a table called duplicate_songs. Check over the table and verify the data looks ok.

create table duplicate_songs
    select if (local.bitrate > remote.bitrate, 'local',if(remote.bitrate > local.bitrate, 'remote', 'local')) as winner,
    if (local.bitrate > remote.bitrate, remote.id,if(remote.bitrate > local.bitrate, local.id, remote.id)) as loser_id,
    local.id as local_id, local_artist.name as local_artist_name, trim(local_album.name) as local_album_name, local.title as local_title, local.file as local_file, local.bitrate as local_bitrate, remote.id remote_id, remote_artist.name as remote_artist_name, trim(remote_album.name) as remote_album_name, remote.title as remote_title, remote.file as remote_file, remote.bitrate as remote_bitrate
    from song as local, song as remote, album as local_album, album as remote_album, artist as local_artist, artist as remote_artist
    where local.catalog in (select catalog.id from catalog where catalog_type = 'local')
    and remote.catalog in (select catalog.id from catalog where catalog_type = 'remote')
    and local.album = local_album.id
    and remote.album = remote_album.id
    and local.artist = local_artist.id
    and remote.artist = remote_artist.id
    and local_album.name = remote_album.name
    and local.title = remote.title 

Then run:

update song 
    set enabled = 0
    where id in (select loser_id from duplicate_songs)

That will disable the obvious duplicates.
    https://svn.ampache.org/trunk/lib/class/query.class.php is where most of the browsing SQL takes place, that's probably where you'd have to make your patch.

You could do a quick and dirty hack in get_filter_sql(), I think, to add a "WHERE enabled != 0." I'd make it conditional on self::$type and possibly a config variable.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    hey bjgeiser, another question - i realize this may be something on the ampache side rather than in your app, but i figured i would ask anyway.

is there a way for the buffer ahead to NOT mark the song as recently listened to in ampache (perhaps until its actually listened to)? not a big deal if impossible, just wondering because i'm working on a script to import my playcounts and last played date back to iTunes because I make playlists based on recently listened (or not listened to) songs. if impossible, i can work around it but only have one song buffer ahead i suppose.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sakasune View Post
    is there a way for the buffer ahead to NOT mark the song as recently listened to in ampache (perhaps until its actually listened to)? not a big deal if impossible, just wondering because i'm working on a script to import my playcounts and last played date back to iTunes because I make playlists based on recently listened (or not listened to) songs. if impossible, i can work around it but only have one song buffer ahead i suppose.
    I also noticed that Ampache is also submitting the buffered song to Last.fm (when that plug in is enabled). Not really a huge deal, but a little inaccurate.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
  7.    #1067  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    I also noticed that Ampache is also submitting the buffered song to Last.fm (when that plug in is enabled). Not really a huge deal, but a little inaccurate.
    Not much I can do about any of that until Ampache changes.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    It seems unlikely that you'd be able to easily separate buffered songs from actually played songs. Once you buffer the song, there's really no further communication between the client and the server, so you'd probably have to modify the Ampache XML-API to make updating the object_count (recently played) table the client's responsibility. This would probably involve pulling the recently played functionality out of the stream playing function and into it's own. This would require all clients (including the web interface) to be updated, not just Ampache Mobile.
  9.    #1069  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    It seems unlikely that you'd be able to easily separate buffered songs from actually played songs. Once you buffer the song, there's really no further communication between the client and the server, so you'd probably have to modify the Ampache XML-API to make updating the object_count (recently played) table the client's responsibility. This would probably involve pulling the recently played functionality out of the stream playing function and into it's own. This would require all clients (including the web interface) to be updated, not just Ampache Mobile.
    Ya, it would definitely require changes to the XML-API and all clients using the API.

I think its something you're just going to have to live with or turn off buffer ahead.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Ya, it would definitely require changes to the XML-API and all clients using the API.

I think its something you're just going to have to live with or turn off buffer ahead.
    Yeah, I figured as much but had to ask. I'll just stick with one buffer ahead then. Thanks!
    I suppose if you really, really wanted to that you could add a function to the XML-API that would pull a specific recently played entry out of the database. Then you could add logic to the client to pull out a song that wasn't played when you empty the buffer. This way, you'd only have to modify your particular client and the XML-API that you were using.

Still, not something I'd really be looking to do.

Also, here's a thought: Ampache only adds a recently played item if over half (I think) of the stream is downloaded. What if you add logic to this that eliminates the recently played entry if the time between starting the last song and starting this song < ( last song duration / 2 )? This wouldn't add items at all for the second+ songs in the playlist, you'd still have to add a function to the API to allow your client to add these manually.
  12.    #1072  
    I suppose if you really, really wanted to that you could add a function to the XML-API that would pull a specific recently played entry out of the database. Then you could add logic to the client to pull out a song that wasn't played when you empty the buffer. This way, you'd only have to modify your particular client and the XML-API that you were using.

Still, not something I'd really be looking to do.

Also, here's a thought: Ampache only adds a recently played item if over half (I think) of the stream is downloaded. What if you add logic to this that eliminates the recently played entry if the time between starting the last song and starting this song < ( last song duration / 2 )? This wouldn't add items at all for the second+ songs in the playlist, you'd still have to add a function to the API to allow your client to add these manually.
    An easier method might be post a now playing message to the server when the client plays the track, and just be ok with the post not working if you are off network.

Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    An easier method might be post a now playing message to the server when the client plays the track, and just be ok with the post not working if you are off network.
    If you're going to post a now playing message, you'd have two of them unless you disabled the current functionality, which would bork all the other clients. If you added a function to allow the API to remove "fake" now playing messages from the database, you wouldn't have to touch the Ampache core at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Hey Globex, I saw some of the AJAX stuff you were trying to do on the Ampache forums. Pretty neat. Did you get a chance to see what I've been working on?

Ampache &bull; View topic - My customized Ampache install

I've considered trying to rebuild the Ampache theme system to give themes and plugins more freedom but it seems like a pretty big project. Allowing template overrides doesn't seem like that big of a deal but I would need to extend the AJAX server and add additional methods to the core, not really trivial stuff to add.
  15.    #1075  
    If you're going to post a now playing message, you'd have two of them unless you disabled the current functionality, which would bork all the other clients. If you added a function to allow the API to remove "fake" now playing messages from the database, you wouldn't have to touch the Ampache core at all.
    Could add an option to the song download not to log it as playing. Something like &log=false when the song is grabbed, if its not posted then it still gets logged so other players still work.

16.    #1076  
    I'm sick of the poll on this thread. Anyone know how to remove it?

I downloaded the app in case it costs money one day, but I am not sure I will ever create the required server.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrey View Post
    I downloaded the app in case it costs money one day, but I am not sure I will ever create the required server.
    Why even get it... it's like having a friend who ask you if you want their old car and you say "sure, I'll take it off your hands and put it in my garage, but I am not sure I will ever buy gas for it or drive it around". I guess it doesn't matter to bjgeiser though, every download gets him a little closer to the Hot Apps winner circle (whiou had it ch he totally deserves). Sorry to harp on this, but really... why would you say this instead of just d/l'ng it and forgetting it like you had intended.
  19.    #1079  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    Why even get it... it's like having a friend who ask you if you want their old car and you say "sure, I'll take it off your hands and put it in my garage, but I am not sure I will ever buy gas for it or drive it around". I guess it doesn't matter to bjgeiser though, every download gets him a little closer to the Hot Apps winner circle (whiou had it ch he totally deserves). Sorry to harp on this, but really... why would you say this instead of just d/l'ng it and forgetting it like you had intended.
    Hell ya... i only need about 200K more downloads to be #1

Not to mention that the code is GPL; it's not just going to going away.