View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1021  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    My audio service has been failing as well. Two days in a row, two different alphas, at the same time when I go underground to get on the subway.
    Can you describe this in more detail?
    I'm new to Ampache and just got everything set up a week ago. I am running the Alpha 0.9.0 and AmpachPre and both seemed to make my phone really hot. I'm running the 800mHZ kernal and hadn't noticed temp issues with anything else, so I'm assuming that it has to do with streaming such large files. I've set up transcoding to downsample the mp3 stream and now I do not appear to have a heating issue anymore. It used to go from 32 degrees Celsius up to 48 when I would shut things down, but now the temp will hover around 41 degrees, which is acceptable and a normal range. Am I right to beleive that downsampling helps with heating since my phone isn't having to work so hard d/l'ng data. Also, I'm just using mp3's in my catalog (so original), what is the optimal transcode bitrate and rate limit to keep the CPU under as little stress as possible to prevent teh oVerH33TzZ deN brIKKiFiCaySHun.
  3.    #1023  
    App name has been changed and links are updated!! Everything seems be working now.

Note: I've switched to using the Palm App Catalog to track Ampache Mobile, mostly because I want to win some money. The application can now be installed by clicking this link from your phone... Install

New Features
    • Buffer Ahead!
      • Configurable from 1 to 5 songs
      • This is true buffer ahead, using system RAM. Other solutions download to flash, which is bad for your device.
      • Intelligent buffer selection, attempts to provide seamless playback with no downloading break between tracks.
      • Many workarounds for bugs in webOS, don't think many people have attempted to use webOS in this way.
      • Auto Detection of changes in network coverage and buffer stalls
      • Auto Detection of buffers lost due to device sleep
      • I've done my best to make this stable without transcoding, but it really shines when you enable it with transcoding.
      • Settings in the Accounts Settings Page
      • Updated the error reporting to follow the new audio api
    • Artists and Albums List Caching
      • Saves a local copy of your entire albums and artists lists, load times are ridiculous!
      • Auto detects when a change to your server occurs and re-saves the lists. Note: if you have auto scanning enabled on your server this will cause the list to re-download after every scan.
      • Only applies to full Albums and Artist lists, everything else still goes against the server.
      • Updated account editor to reflect how many saved items you have
    • New Icon and Splash Screen
      • Lets face it, the old icon is kinda ugly. Thankfully forum contributor Globex has stepped up and volunteered his services and designed a new one along with anew splash screen! It still pays homage to the people at the Ampache project, aka it features their squirrel logo but I hope you agree with me, it looks a lot better on the phone. So a big thanks to Globex Designs, Inc. for the new icon.

Improvements
    • Figured out how to use the Shift and Sym Keys, updated the controls popup with changes.
    • Lowered the search character limit to 2.
    • Redesign of the Accounts Settings Page to Accommodate all the new options.
    • Added a whole more shuffle to the playlist shuffle.
    • Changed repeat list once to repeat song.
    • Banner notifications where they felt right.
    • Shuffling a list now displays the list in the order playback will occur.
    • Banner Notifications of new songs when you are looking at another app. Will not wake up screen if its asleep.
    • Go straight to songs view from artists if there is only one album

Bug Fixes
    • Fixed date selector CSS so its no longer black on black with palm-dark
    • Added work around for %20 (spaces) in song URL issue. If you have been having trouble streaming enable it in the Account Editor
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 04/13/2010 at 10:20 AM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Haven't been able to get the new install to work. Tried to upgrade my existing install and the Icon now shows a bluish circle with a crecent moon. That icon overlays the app when I try to start it and it hangs on that screen. Uninstalled and reinstalled and got the same results.
    I just d/l'd the new version from Palm's feed and wanted to let you know that the icon is a crescent moon, not ampache squrrell (didnt know if it was supposed to be a moo) and that when I load it it just stays on the splash screen. Wasn't sure if it was supposed to do this, just thought I'd let you know
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Yup, I'm having the same issues too.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    lol, guess I'm not the only one...
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Yup, I'm having the same issues too.
    yur ik0n deD iT, Globex, thnx j/k
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingHippy View Post
    Haven't been able to get the new install to work. Tried to upgrade my existing install and the Icon now shows a bluish circle with a crecent moon. That icon overlays the app when I try to start it and it hangs on that screen. Uninstalled and reinstalled and got the same results.
    I don't know...but I think I like the old icon better than this new crecent moon.
  10.    #1030  
    Shoot... I'm trying to figure out why this isnt working. I can install the package locally just fine. But when I use the link it gives me the moon icon and won't open.

I'm guessing it may have to do with the app name space.

Sorry about the growing pains.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Well, I like the old new one better at least. Luckily, I've still got the alpha version installed and working.
  12.    #1032  
    Here is the link for the alpha if u need it. I should have this working soon.

Download

13.    #1033  
    Well it looks like a bunch of the files for the app aren't being installed correctly including the icon.

I am attempting to test if the namespace is the issue, but it's going to take a couple hours for my test link to go active.

If it turns out thats the issue, I think have to figure out how to re-register the app with palm, its probably not going to happen till tomorrow.

...waiting patiently....
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Can you describe this in more detail?
    I've had a hard time reliably replicating the problem. It worked fine today.

A consistent problem I've had is being unable to move to the next song sometimes, especially if I've rewound the current song. All of the UI just becomes ineffective and I have to go back to the track screen and get a new playlist.
    should we now uninstall the ampache mobile alpha?
  17.    #1037  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    should we now uninstall the ampache mobile alpha?
    Not quite yet... something is up with the installation via the palm web distribution installer.

I was just getting ready to post but I saw where already saw the same issue. Thanks.
  19.    #1039  
    ok.. Looks like a two part, as opposed to three part, app name is the culprate. Problem is palm doesn't make it easy to change the app name.

So com.ampachemobile is out com.app.ampachemobile is in.
    Got it to install from App Catalog. Seems to be working great! Thanks bjgeiser!