View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1001  
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  2.    #1002  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    I tried to restart the phone again, and it worked afterwards. Strange.
    Strange indeed.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Once the Pre supports Flac and I can stream lossless music that will be the best! Way better than any iPod!
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    I set the number of buffers to 2, and I set the timeout to 300 as per apache settings.
  5.    #1005  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabninja View Post
    I set the number of buffers to 2, and I set the timeout to 300 as per apache settings.
    How long did you give it to play? I have a 20 second timer, for when this happens. After 20 secs of not successfully playing the song it restarts it automatically.

You can actually see it happening, symptoms are the pause button is showing and the time isn't making any progress.

6.    #1006  
    When the audio service fails and the song restarts, is there a way to get it to detect where the song failed and have the restarted song automatically start from the saved position so that songs don't restart from the beginning again?
    Forgot to get this in the release notes. It should do what you described now.

Hmm I didn't give it that long. If it happens again I will give it more time to see if it restarts the song.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    The amount of buffers used has a much bigger dependency on the amount of compression (transcoding) you are using. WebOS only allows a finite amount of memory to be used for buffering, it stalls out once the app uses that memory up. So if you use more compression you can buffer more songs.

I haven't nailed down the memory limit yet. Its more than 10MB less than 30.

What's AppScope?
    Ah, I didn't realize that the memory limit was the issue. I feel stupid now.

I meant AppScoop, which is Palm's "official" web and beta app channel.
    Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
  9.    #1009  
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingHippy View Post
    Ah, I didn't realize that the memory limit was the issue. I feel stupid now.

I meant AppScoop, which is Palm's "official" web and beta app channel.
    Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    At some point, I started to register but I stopped when they asked for a federal tax ID. Kinda silly for open source.

Once the Pre supports Flac and I can stream lossless music that will be the best! Way better than any iPod!
    You can stream lossless. Transcode your FLAC files to apple lossless (m4a) and they will play on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    You can stream lossless. Transcode your FLAC files to apple lossless (m4a) and they will play on the Pre.
    Well yeah, that's what I'm doing now, but obviously transcoding down to mp3 defeats the purpose of having FLAC files. The quality sucks.
    Well yeah, that's what I'm doing now, but obviously transcoding down to mp3 defeats the purpose of having FLAC files. The quality sucks.
    I said transcode to apple lossless, not mp3. There is zero loss in quality from a FLAC file to an apple lossless file. Apple lossless file will play on the Pre though, FLAC won't.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    I said transcode to apple lossless, not mp3. There is zero loss in quality from a FLAC file to an apple lossless file. Apple lossless file will play on the Pre though, FLAC won't.
    Alright, I'll give that a shot.
    fwiw, I have to wonder about the value of playing lossless on the Pre. It has good sound quality, but I seriously doubt that the encoding format will be the limiting factor. There is a noticeable difference in quality between my Pre and my dedicated PMP played over UE10's.
    Quote Originally Posted by froggersloth View Post
    fwiw, I have to wonder about the value of playing lossless on the Pre. It has good sound quality, but I seriously doubt that the encoding format will be the limiting factor. There is a noticeable difference in quality between my Pre and my dedicated PMP played over UE10's.
    Really? I think the Pre has excellent sound quality. I believe it uses the same DAC as the iphone 3GS which is well regarded for its sound quality.

I use JH13 monitors connected to my Pre and certainly notice a difference between 192 and lossless. 320 and lossless is, of course, not as apparent. But if you've got the bandwidth (on wifi) might as well stream the highest quality you can.

No sense in me playing compressed music through my $1,100 monitors if I don't have to.

Just curious; what PMP do you use?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    The restarts after the audio service fails are working much better now bj. Thanks! However, can I suggest that the notification that comes up does so silently, when it plays the notification sound I always go to check to see if it's an email or something only to find out it's telling me the audio service failed (which I already assumed since my music stopped playing). Is it possible to have it show a notification, but with no sound?

Also, I'm getting about one audio service fails every 8-10 minutes. Is this normal? Are the audio fails bugs in WebOS? Is this something that could potentially be fixed with a patch of some sort?
  17.    #1017  
    opps I put that in to try and debug your server, didn't mean for it to make it in.

I play all day with no errors. I still haven't had time to look into why yours might be failing more often.
    My audio service has been failing as well. Two days in a row, two different alphas, at the same time when I go underground to get on the subway.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I've also noticed that the latest Alpha seems to be cutting off about a second off the end of the song. It's almost like it's trying to minimize the gap between songs, but instead ends up chopping off a bit of the song itself. If that's the case, I'd rather have a tiny gap between songs than have the end of the song get cut off.

Previous Alphas didn't do this.
  20.    #1020  
    I've also noticed that the latest Alpha seems to be cutting off about a second off the end of the song. It's almost like it's trying to minimize the gap between songs, but instead ends up chopping off a bit of the song itself. If that's the case, I'd rather have a tiny gap between songs than have the end of the song get cut off.

Previous Alphas didn't do this.
    I didn't change anything related to how it switches tracks. Not sure what that would be.