View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 49 of 88 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #961  
    Version 0.9.0 (Alpha 3) (04/06/2010) Requires webOS 1.4.1 or higher

New Icon!! Lets face it, the current icon is kinda ugly. Thankfully forum contributor Globex has stepped up and volunteered his services and designed a new one, and a new splash screen!

It still pays homage to the people at the Ampache project, aka it features their squirrel logo but I hope you agree with me, it looks a lot better on the phone.

So a big thanks to Globex Designs, Inc. (Globex Designs, Inc. - Illustrating Lives) for our new icon.

Download
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 04/06/2010 at 02:27 AM.
    That looks great! Love the new icon and splash screen.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Glad I could help.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    One suggestion -
    When browsing, when you click Albums or Artists to bring up the A-Z (or in my case the Artists sort in the Album view), how about making that adjusted to where you are browsing, rather than starting from the top again.

Say I browse midway down through my Albums (sorted by Artist), if I decide I want to click "Albums" to bring up the list of Artists, I have to scroll way down to where I am in order to go any farther.
    Though I suppose I can see the benefit of how it is. Maybe the popup can wrap around, back to the beginning of the list?
    Apologies if that was a bit confusing, it was hard to put into text
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
  5.    #965  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    One suggestion -
    When browsing, when you click Albums or Artists to bring up the A-Z (or in my case the Artists sort in the Album view), how about making that adjusted to where you are browsing, rather than starting from the top again.

Say I browse midway down through my Albums (sorted by Artist), if I decide I want to click "Albums" to bring up the list of Artists, I have to scroll way down to where I am in order to go any farther.
    Though I suppose I can see the benefit of how it is. Maybe the popup can wrap around, back to the beginning of the list?
    Apologies if that was a bit confusing, it was hard to put into text
    Hmmm... I don't think I can control where the pop is scrolled to. Also I don't know if I can actually detect what is displayed on the screen, just a general area where u are looking +-50 items . So this might be tricky.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    When the audio service fails and the song restarts, is there a way to get it to detect where the song failed and have the restarted song automatically start from the saved position so that songs don't restart from the beginning again?
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
  7.    #967  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    When the audio service fails and the song restarts, is there a way to get it to detect where the song failed and have the restarted song automatically start from the saved position so that songs don't restart from the beginning again?
    Ya... that thought crossed my mind too. It should be possible.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Just to let anyone who is having trouble with Bluetooth not playing for the standard app. It works with the Alpha app. I installed the alpha and now my bluetooth is working.

@bjgeiser - Nice app by the way, but I have a question. My car stereo does the bluetooth streaming but in between songs it stops and then has to start again. With the alpha I still miss about a beat or two of the next song even with the new buffering, which is awesome. Is this a limitation of my car stereo or does the app drop the stream and then pick up the stream in between songs?

Thanks!
  9.    #969  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    Just to let anyone who is having trouble with Bluetooth not playing for the standard app. It works with the Alpha app. I installed the alpha and now my bluetooth is working.

@bjgeiser - Nice app by the way, but I have a question. My car stereo does the bluetooth streaming but in between songs it stops and then has to start again. With the alpha I still miss about a beat or two of the next song even with the new buffering, which is awesome. Is this a limitation of my car stereo or does the app drop the stream and then pick up the stream in between songs?

Thanks!
    Well if its a limitation of the car stereo it'd be real easy to figure out. Does it do it when you aren't connected to your car stereo?

As far as the app is concerned it pauses one stream and plays the next. Its pretty simple in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Well if its a limitation of the car stereo it'd be real easy to figure out. Does it do it when you aren't connected to your car stereo?

As far as the app is concerned it pauses one stream and plays the next. Its pretty simple in that respect.
    Good idea, I'll try with a set of A2DP headphones. I'm guessing it's a limitation of the stereo, unfortunately there is no way to configure that aspect of the stereo.
  11.    #971  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    Good idea, I'll try with a set of A2DP headphones. I'm guessing it's a limitation of the stereo, unfortunately there is no way to configure that aspect of the stereo.
    Also I'd see if it does it with bluetooth out of the mix all together. I don't have any code in the app specifically for bluetooth, other than for button presses.

Also I'd see if it does it with bluetooth out of the mix all together. I don't have any code in the app specifically for bluetooth, other than for button presses.
    Thanks, will do.
    Streaming 48 kbps HE-AACv2, I get the feeling that the app could handle more than five buffers...

Edit: Oh yeah, bjg, before I forget: this app, all of the work you've done on it, it's all absolutely amazing and I can't thank you enough for it.
    Last edited by mbetter; 04/06/2010 at 11:32 PM.
  14.    #974  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    Streaming 48 kbps HE-AACv2, I get the feeling that the app could handle more than five buffers...
    I do all my development in safari and I had it doing 20. I picked 5 as a good starting point for the alpha.
  15.    #975  
    For those wondering what to put for your timeout value here is the Apache info on that setting.

core - Apache HTTP Server

Looks like the default is 300, I'll change the App accordingly.

When I'm just listening to music at work or driving around, it looks like the optimal number of buffers is two, three at most; just enough to get rid of the latency between songs. When I'm leaving for work, however, the optimal number of buffers is more like ten or more, so that I can buffer the entire album over wifi in about a minute before I leave the house. That way I don't hit the radio at all on my way in and my battery life is through the roof.

Something like a "buffer entire playlist" menu option would be pretty cool in this situation.
  17.    #977  
    When I'm just listening to music at work or driving around, it looks like the optimal number of buffers is two, three at most; just enough to get rid of the latency between songs. When I'm leaving for work, however, the optimal number of buffers is more like ten or more, so that I can buffer the entire album over wifi in about a minute before I leave the house. That way I don't hit the radio at all on my way in and my battery life is through the roof.

Something like a "buffer entire playlist" menu option would be pretty cool in this situation.
    Only problem is that you are the only one with enough compression to actually pull that off.

Only problem is that you are the only one with enough compression to actually pull that off.
    True enough. I still can't decide on the best way to deal with the bitrate situation with this encoder.
    Is it possible for the app to detect when wifi is being used and increase the number of buffers accordingly? I agree that 2 or 3 buffers are probably optimal when using 3G.

Also, have you thought about using AppScope to release the alpha/beta versions? (Sorry if that was already asked, I haven't been following this thread in a while.)
  20.    #980  
    True enough. I still can't decide on the best way to deal with the bitrate situation with this encoder.
    Ya, I'm sticking with 96K mp3 for now. It just works, I had issues streaming outside of the App with aac.