View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 47 of 88 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    If you pause for an extended period of time webOS drops its audio memory. Best I could do was attempt to detect when your buffered songs have been dumped and rebuffer them. Poor design in my opinion.
    Eh, its not that bad. Just wanted to let you know in case it was something unintended.

The JSTop with a broken process is probably the audio service crashing. Which it tends to happen when the connection to your server timeouts before an entire song has been buffered.
    Hmm, well the process still shows as borked even after a fresh restart and without streaming anything, just sitting at the home screen in Ampache Mobile:

A couple pointers from what I've seen in my testing:

If you consistently see songs not buffer all the way. First enable transcoding at a relatively low bitrate. Secondly try using less buffers.
    Songs seem to be buffering fine for me with transcoding set to 128 and 2 songs buffered.
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Yeah, even since 1.4.1.1 I haven't been able to get my bluetooth to work with Ampache Mobile too. It's pretty frustrating.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    [QUOTE=bjgeiser;2360246]It has been in my checking. Fain are you including media.jsjsjs? $Also$ $i$ $think$ $you$ $need$ $to$ $set$ $the$ $audioclass$

[url]

ya I set audio.audioClass = 'media'

I took media.jsjsjs $out$ $because$ $the$ $new$ $documentation$ $said$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $need$ $it$ $anymore$. $I$'$ll$ $try$ $adding$ $it$ $back$ $in$ $and$ $see$ $what$ $happens$.
  4.    #924  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    ya I set audio.audioClass = 'media'

I took media.jsjsjs $out$ $because$ $the$ $new$ $documentation$ $said$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $need$ $it$ $anymore$. $I$'$ll$ $try$ $adding$ $it$ $back$ $in$ $and$ $see$ $what$ $happens$.
    Ya, I saw that in the documentation, I haven't taken it out yet.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  5.    #925  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    Eh, its not that bad. Just wanted to let you know in case it was something unintended.

Hmm, well the process still shows as borked even after a fresh restart and without streaming anything, just sitting at the home screen in Ampache Mobile:

Songs seem to be buffering fine for me with transcoding set to 128 and 2 songs buffered.
    Yup, I just confirmed that it looks like 0.8.5 has it as well. I'll look into it, but I dont think it's a huge issue. It's probably related to me not running any background processing.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    My guess is that its probably related to the recent changes to the Audio APT made in webOS 1.4. I cannot find anywhere in their documentation what an app must do to enable bluetooth. Unfortunately I don't have anything that does A2DP to test with.
    So does that mean you can't fix this? I'm having the same issue too. That's a bummer because I was just using this to stream my music in my car. I guess i'll have to find another app....
    I just downloaded and installed the 0.9.0 Alpha Ampache Mobile and this now appears to be playing over Bluetooth A2DP as designed, whereas the 0.8.5 failed to play. Some of the changes in the Alpha appeared to have resolved the problems created by the 1.4.1.1 webos update. I don't know if that helps any, bjgeiser and fain, but I think that it may.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Looks like you're right ihooten, I didn't even try to check it in 0.9.0... Bluetooth works fine in the alpha release.

EDIT Just noticed that Ampache detected a WebOS Audio Crash, showed me a notification and then restarted the song! Amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Looks like you're right ihooten, I didn't even try to check it in 0.9.0... Bluetooth works fine in the alpha release.

EDIT Just noticed that Ampache detected a WebOS Audio Crash, showed me a notification and then restarted the song! Amazing!
    Yea, apparently the webOS audio service crashes quite a bit.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    Yea, apparently the webOS audio service crashes quite a bit.
    That it does!
  11.    #931  
    That it does!
    Yup. What were you doing when it detected a crash I'd like to collect some data so we can report it to palm. I don't think anyone else has tried buffering multiple song in this way yet so we're breaking some new ground. Also why this is an alpha release and not a full release.

FYI: Ampache Mobile detects an audio crash by running a one second tick timer and if the timer ticks 20 times with no progression of the audio I assume it has crashed. It's essentially impossible for me to actually detect a crash so I detect the symptoms of a crash and restart the song.

12.    #932  
    Fain: try including media.jsjsjs $and$ $adding$ $this$ $to$ $where$ $u$ $create$ $your$ $Audio$ $Object$

audioObj.mojo.audioClass = "media";

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Yup. What were you doing when it detected a crash I'd like to collect some data so we can report it to palm.
    Just playing a song. Only Ampache Mobile is running.
  14.    #934  
    Just playing a song. Only Ampache Mobile is running.
    Did it pause for about 20 seconds before recovering? I don't want to detect any false positives.

Edit: Also I should add that the Apache Timeout value is only there for avoiding audio crashes. So be sure to confirm that your server is set to the same value as the app.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Did it pause for about 20 seconds before recovering? I don't want to detect any false positives.
    No it didn't. It's actually been resetting the song constantly without any pauses. I just figured it was because of the bad connection to my server.
  16.    #936  
    No it didn't. It's actually been resetting the song constantly without any pauses. I just figured it was because of the bad connection to my server.
    Are you going in and out of 3G coverage?

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Are you going in and out of 3G coverage?
    Nope. I was using WIFI.
  18.    #938  
    Nope. I was using WIFI.
    Pretty solid wifi signal?

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Pretty solid wifi signal?
    Rock solid. But the computer hosting the files for my Ampache server has been having some network connection issues. I think that might be the issue.
  20.    #940  
    Rock solid. But the computer hosting the files for my Ampache server has been having some network connection issues. I think that might be the issue.
    That's probably it then. If the TCP connection drops or your IP address changes (like going from EV to Wifi) webos doesnt really recover gracefully.