View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 44 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say thanks, couldn't live without this app. I was getting frustrated with a couple issues in 0.7.0 (which were probably due to my server setup), and didn't even realize I'd missed the two most recent updates. I just installed 0.8.5, and I love it, especially the new playlist view and keyboard shortcuts!

BTW, any chance of prebuffering upcoming song(s) in the playlist? I sometimes drive through cell "dead zones" and having an extra 5-10 minutes of music queued up would be a huge help...

Keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Well now i am really intrigued. I doubt the patch would break anything. I changed two lines of code in this build, can you try it out and see if it helps at all? com.ampachemobile_0.8.5_autoplay_all.ipk
    That works beautifully. Does it appear that the kernel patch may have been the cause?
  3.    #863  
    Quote Originally Posted by froggersloth View Post
    That works beautifully. Does it appear that the kernel patch may have been the cause?
    Wasn't the kernel patch, just a line of code that some how made it's way into the app. I'll roll a 0.8.6 with the fix soon.
  4.    #864  
    Quote Originally Posted by ceravis View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks, couldn't live without this app. I was getting frustrated with a couple issues in 0.7.0 (which were probably due to my server setup), and didn't even realize I'd missed the two most recent updates. I just installed 0.8.5, and I love it, especially the new playlist view and keyboard shortcuts!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ceravis View Post
    BTW, any chance of prebuffering upcoming song(s) in the playlist? I sometimes drive through cell "dead zones" and having an extra 5-10 minutes of music queued up would be a huge help...

Keep up the good work!
    Funny you ask, prebuffering is probably my most requested feature. I started looking at it today and I have 2+ apps buffering simultaneously. It's going to be a while before its ready for prime time. I started over from scratch on the audio playback code. Look for it in the hopefully not to distant future.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Just wanted to say I got everything up and running in about an hour or two give or take some time to vent some frustration about the setup. Once I went back to it a second time I got everything working.

Had to setup a second profile for wifi...don't forget the http:// or the /ampache at the end of your target location when configuring your device!

Thanks a lot for the hard work and cool app!
    I have Ampache (v3.5.4) set up on my Windows Home Server, and it's working perfectly streaming to other PCs on my LAN, at work, and at friends and families houses.

I tried to set up Ampache Mobile (v0.8.5) today, and so far, no joy. The application is installed, I can connect and browse my library, but I cannot play any music with it. Every time I try to play a song I get a message box popping up from the bottom of my Pre that says "Streaming Error - Unknown Error".

The only items I have attempted to play so far are mp3's, so there is no transcoding going on. I have tried playing VBR and CBR mp3s, no difference. I have tried playing high and low encoding quality mp3s from 320kbps to 96kbps, still no change.

I've set my ACLs as follows, which I believe should be set up correctly:

Name Start Address End Address Level User Type Action
    DEFAULTv4 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 All All Web Interface Edit Delete
    DEFAULTv4 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 All All Stream Access Edit Delete
    DEFAULTv6 All All Web Interface Edit Delete
    DEFAULTv6 All All Stream Access Edit Delete
    PalmPre 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 Read All API/RPC Edit Delete

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by mav100 View Post
    I have Ampache (v3.5.4) set up on my Windows Home Server, and it's working perfectly streaming to other PCs on my LAN, at work, and at friends and families houses...
    Can you turn logging on, on your Ampache Server? Maybe the error is on the server side and the error log will point it out.

( If you don't know how, first take a look at Common terms and definitions used in Ampache setup

Then look at Main Page for ampache-mobile and CommonIssues - Some pointers for common issues encountered while setting up ampache )
    I have Ampache (v3.5.4) set up on my Windows Home Server, and it's working perfectly streaming to other PCs on my LAN, at work, and at friends and families houses...
    Maybe we can get someone to set up an Apache Server with a few Public Domain songs that people can try Amapche Mobile & Ampache Pre on?

Ampache.org has a demo running. I wonder if they would host it?
    If anyone just wants to see how the thing works you can PM me for temporary access to my server. I have around 70 gigs of music - the vast majority of it is FLAC. I use transcoding and have multiple profiles for different transcoding quality levels, depending on if I am on wifi or not. 320 when I'm on Wifi, 192 when I'm streaming on 3g seems to work well.
  10.    #870  
    I have Ampache (v3.5.4) set up on my Windows Home Server, and it's working perfectly streaming to other PCs on my LAN, at work, and at friends and families houses.

I tried to set up Ampache Mobile (v0.8.5) today, and so far, no joy. The application is installed, I can connect and browse my library, but I cannot play any music with it. Every time I try to play a song I get a message box popping up from the bottom of my Pre that says "Streaming Error - Unknown Error".

The only items I have attempted to play so far are mp3's, so there is no transcoding going on. I have tried playing VBR and CBR mp3s, no difference. I have tried playing high and low encoding quality mp3s from 320kbps to 96kbps, still no change.

I've set my ACLs as follows, which I believe should be set up correctly:

Name Start Address End Address Level User Type Action
    DEFAULTv4 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 All All Web Interface Edit Delete
    DEFAULTv4 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 All All Stream Access Edit Delete
    DEFAULTv6 All All Web Interface Edit Delete
    DEFAULTv6 All All Stream Access Edit Delete
    PalmPre 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 Read All API/RPC Edit Delete

Any ideas?
    So, I've heard one other report of this and thus far I've been unable to figure it out. The server in question had been working and stopped working with a webOS update. I'm trying to collect some data points. What version of webOS? so far it seems be with 1.4. What port is your server on?

Versions of: Apache and PHP, (LAME if you've tried transcoding)

At this point it looks to be a very rare issue but something is definitely broken, unfortunately it looks like its webOS.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  11.    #871  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    Maybe we can get someone to set up an Apache Server with a few Public Domain songs that people can try Amapche Mobile & Ampache Pre on?

I've thought about that in the past as well. I'll drop a message to vollmer

Does anyone know of any free LAMP servers? Or does someone have some free space on a hosting site they could share. I would be willing to pay for a domain name for 1 year to set up a demo Amapche server.

It would be sooo cool if when you installed Ampache Mobile, it was pre-configured to run against a demo Ampache Server.

This would be really helpful if & when Ampache Mobile moves to the app catalog.
    Ampache servers have the ability to link to other Amapche servers, creating a much larger catalog of music.

Does any want to try this? If so, send me a PM.

F
    I think I'm having the same problem. I can stream via the flash player in Ampache, but not with either app available for the Pre. App looks dope, btw.
    Hey Folks, I just got this thing working for phone access and though tI would share.
    I could access Ampache locally on my pc and across my lan, but not from the phone. I could access from the phone if I placed my router into DMZ, but I didn't want to do that.
    The solution was to forward port 80 and port 443! I know there has been much talk of port 80, and forwarding port 80 alone did not solve my problem. I searched the net and found a reference to port 443 and forwarded it as well and it worked!
    Hope this info helps someone out there.
    443 is the https or SSL port. You shouldn't have to foward that port unless you set up your web server to use SSL. Which is weird.
    Last edited by bhack; 03/30/2010 at 05:37 PM.
  17.    #877  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    443 is the https or SSL port. You shouldn't have to foward that port unless you set up to your web server to use SSL. Which is weird.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by ttuning View Post
    Hey Folks, I just got this thing working for phone access and though tI would share.
    I could access Ampache locally on my pc and across my lan, but not from the phone. I could access from the phone if I placed my router into DMZ, but I didn't want to do that...
    Did you install Apache, PHP & MySQL from source or did you find some package like XAMPP (A free "all-in-one" web server package containing Apache, MySQL and PHP)?

( I am wonder why HTTPS was turned on...most people don't think the extra security is needed for this kind of application)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    So, I've heard one other report of this and thus far I've been unable to figure it out. The server in question had been working and stopped working with a webOS update. I'm trying to collect some data points. What version of webOS? so far it seems be with 1.4. What port is your server on?

Versions of: Apache and PHP, (LAME if you've tried transcoding)

At this point it looks to be a very rare issue but something is definitely broken, unfortunately it looks like its webOS.
    I haven't had a chance to set up logging yet - I tried to get it running earlier, but no joy yet. Ampache is fickle running on IIS on a Windows Home Server. I think my logging issues are related to permissions but haven't had enough of a chance to dig into it yet.

My WebOS version is 1.4.0, so perhaps it is something broken on WebOS. The server is running on port 80. Luckily my ISP doesn't block it.

Ampache and PHP are both running the latest versions (3.5.4 for Ampache and 5.3.2 VC9 Non Thread Safe for PHP).

Also, just out of curiosity, I installed AmpachPre and I get the same error when trying to stream.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    443 is the https or SSL port. You shouldn't have to foward that port unless you set up your web server to use SSL. Which is weird.
    Yes it is weird, and I don't understnad why that made a difference, but it does. If I forward only port 80, then my phone will not connect to the Ampache server.

Did you install Apache, PHP & MySQL from source or did you find some package like XAMPP (A free "all-in-one" web server package containing Apache, MySQL and PHP)?
    I followed the instructions at Ampache wiki, and installed XAMPP. The odd thing is that I DO have https turned off according to the control panel anyway.

All in all, I love this app and the concept of steaming my whole music collection. Thanks so much for the app!!

One other thing I have noticed is that I am unable to change the default port from 80 to anything else in the ampache setup. I wanted to try this, because when I play COD MW2 online, my lag it terrible if someone is streaming music from the server. I will probably build a decicated server now, but in the meantime would like to see if changing port would reduce lag in the game.