View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 53.87%
  • No

    137 46.13%
Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #821  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    Love the implementation of the playlist screen, and how it displays play progress and buffer. However, now it just BEGS to be able to buffer ahead to the next song.
    You read my mind.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  2. #822  
    Yo, awesome update. Couple things:

    1. Pause bug on now playing playlist. On this new screen, if you pause a song and then restart it, it seems to restart from the beginning, but the progress bar shows you are in the middle of the song.

    2. The iAmpache app has a nice "recently added" feature. I dig this. Can you add?
  3.    #823  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    Yo, awesome update. Couple things:
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    1. Pause bug on now playing playlist. On this new screen, if you pause a song and then restart it, it seems to restart from the beginning, but the progress bar shows you are in the middle of the song.
    I can't reproduce this, what are you doing exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    2. The iAmpache app has a nice "recently added" feature. I dig this. Can you add?
    I just finished that functionality today, and i like my implementation better than iAmpache . Should be available soon.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 03/15/2010 at 04:57 PM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  4. globex's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    #824  
    Welcome back Bryce! Love the update.

    - During a flaky connection though, I often have to retry my searches and attempts to play select a song from the list. It would be nice if instead of giving an error Ampache Mobile would attempt the retries on its own.
    - Is it possible to sort the Genres view alphabetically?
    Last edited by globex; 03/15/2010 at 04:45 PM.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
  5. Maturin's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #825  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    Yo, awesome update. Couple things:

    1. Pause bug on now playing playlist. On this new screen, if you pause a song and then restart it, it seems to restart from the beginning, but the progress bar shows you are in the middle of the song.
    I've had problems throughout today with pausing, playing, skipping. It's hard to duplicate exactly, and some of my problems could be server related.
    When I pause a song via headset and leave it paused for a while, it seems a lot less likely to pick it back up when I hit play. Like the fully cached song expires or something, and it wants to re-download.
    The navigation on the now playing screen got all messed up too at one point:


    I paused via the headset, left it for a bit, then pressed the button again to resume but nothing happened. The progress bar and Downloading % were frozen, but the times elapsed and remaining were accurate :\ So I pull out my phone to see that...
    And after backing out and trying to browse to a different album to play, the songs did not show up on the list. Had to restart Ampache Mobile.
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
  6.    #826  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    Ya.. I've seen that image as well. I cannot seem to get it to happen consistently enough to figure it out. Might have to do with the increased memory usage with the list.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 03/15/2010 at 05:57 PM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  7. #827  
    I was driving around streaming music today and the app worked great. Now sprint just needs to add a few more towers round these parts.
  8. #828  
    How do you make playlists?

    Is there a way to add a bookmark?

    Will this ever be able to add video?

    Will you add last.fm support for the scorbbling feature? Nevermind it is already there.
    Last edited by mamouton; 03/18/2010 at 10:43 AM.
  9.    #829  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    How do you make playlists?
    You have to make them thru the Ampache web interface for now. I've requested that Ampache 3.6 add the ability to write a playlist to the server. Once that is supported I'll add the functionality to the app.

    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Is there a way to add a bookmark?
    Nope, that's what I use playlists for.

    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Will this ever be able to add video?
    I've thought about supporting video but I've never been able to get it working on the server side.

    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Will you add last.fm support for the scorbbling feature? Nevermind it is already there.
    The server supports scrobbling so putting it in the app seems like a waste of time.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  10. #830  
    Gotta say, for me this is my most valuable app!! I have sooo much music and transferring music on and off my phone was not really a realistic option!! FYI recently there was a post highlighted about increasing the data speeds on Evdo. Check it out:

    forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/236242-increase-speed-your-evdo-connection.html

    now music loads twice as fast!! Ampache is awwweesome!! Although if Winamp decides to put out a mobile site for Winamp Remote watch out! although i doubt that will happen since palm decided NOT to integrate a standardized media player into Webos! Soooo Ampache is KING!!!! Thanks for all your hard work!!
  11. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #831  
    Love being able to change the background! Is there any way to change the text color from white to black or another color?
  12.    #832  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Love being able to change the background! Is there any way to change the text color from white to black or another color?
    Not yet... I need to go thru all the CSS for that to work, I'll get to it sometime.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  13. #833  
    is it possible for ampache to go to the next song without the long pause in between. Maybe a feature that cache the next song so it can load with minimal pause?
  14. globex's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    #834  
    Quote Originally Posted by sequen View Post
    is it possible for ampache to go to the next song without the long pause in between. Maybe a feature that cache the next song so it can load with minimal pause?
    I believe bj is working on this for the next version.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
  15.    #835  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    I believe bj is working on this for the next version.
    Maybe not the next version, its gonna require a massive rewrite of the music player portion of the app. I'm thinking of targeting it for a 1.0.0 release.

    The next release will be some spit and polish and a couple of new features.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  16.    #836  
    Thought you guys would get a kick out of this. iAmpache.com straight up plagiarized my app description.

    Nice to see we are driving innovation on the iPhone.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  17. #837  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Thought you guys would get a kick out of this. iAmpache.com straight up plagiarized my app description.

    Nice to see we are driving innovation on the iPhone.
    Did they jack your code as well? It looks really similar to your client....
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  18.    #838  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Did they jack your code as well? It looks really similar to your client....
    yup.. but they jacked the iphone code, which i open sourced on google code. As far as i can tell they haven't followed the GPL and open sourced theirs. It's funny they have my server hard coded (internal IP) when you install on the iphone
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  19. #839  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    yup.. but they jacked the iphone code, which i open sourced on google code. As far as i can tell they haven't followed the GPL and open sourced theirs. It's funny they have my server hard coded (internal IP) when you install on the iphone
    O man....I had a chance to play around with it on my friends iphone. It worked pretty good. Gj...they need to give you credit at least though..
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  20.    #840  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    O man....I had a chance to play around with it on my friends iphone. It worked pretty good. Gj...they need to give you credit at least though..
    Ya, I'm glad they got it in the app store. But they didn't even talk to me, oh well. I stopped development because I didn't want to spend money ($100 to get the SDK to connect to a device) on something I was planning on giving away for free and objective-C SUCKS. I like developing on webOS way better. I do C/C++/C#/Java at work all of which are better than objective-C
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions