View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    I finally got this working! love it, keep up the great work
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    or so i thought i did. now I get "MEDIA_ERR_DECODE" whenever I play a song. The songs that I played yesterday fine now give this error. I haven't changed anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    or so i thought i did. now I get "MEDIA_ERR_DECODE" whenever I play a song. The songs that I played yesterday fine now give this error. I haven't changed anything.
    sounds like a transcoding problem. are the files that give you err decode anythin other than mp3?
    Hey guys, I am having one HELL of a time getting Ampache Mobile up and running. I did all the steps falwlessly untill i came across editting my ACL in ampache.cfg.php. The installation guide told me to turn access_control to true....well....it was already set to true, so I left it alone. I can acess my files by logging into my apache server, but not through my palm pre (the purpose!). I then used free dynamic dns - Google Search to set up my own dynamic dns (as intructed on the manual). I'm just going to post it here cause it doesnt work anyway. Its http://Operator009.selfip.info. Thats what I'm putting into my palm app. I then proceeded to go into my firewall and allowed 'ampache' program to open port 80. I edited my router's gaming/apps (wrtg300n lnksys) in single port forwarding from 80 to 80, and to IP address ending in 105 (my computer's LAN assigned IP by the router, as shown by dhcp client table. EVERYTIME I try to connect to my server through my palm pre, i get this error;

Either
    "Timed out during connection test"
    or the much more common
    "Error:Empty Response
    Phone not connecting to ampache"

Guys, Iv'e dumped like 8 hours of work into this and I'm totally stuck. PLEASE, help me out.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    sounds like a transcoding problem. are the files that give you err decode anythin other than mp3?
    No they are only MP3's. I made a point of trying mp3's only and I get this error with everything. A song I played two days ago played fine and now it doesn't. Like I said, I didn't change anything either.

I even checked to make sure my transcode settings were on default and they were. I had read someone with a similar problem in this thread who fixed it by setting the transcode to default. Mine already is.

I am stumped!
    Quote Originally Posted by Falstaf View Post
    Hey guys, I am having one HELL of a time getting Ampache Mobile up and running. I did all the steps falwlessly untill i came across editting my ACL in ampache.cfg.php. The installation guide told me to turn access_control to true....well....it was already set to true, so I left it alone. I can acess my files by logging into my apache server, but not through my palm pre (the purpose!). I then used [url= dynamic dns - Google Search[/url] to set up my own dynamic dns (as intructed on the manual). I'm just going to post it here cause it doesnt work anyway. Its [url] Thats what I'm putting into my palm app. I then proceeded to go into my firewall and allowed 'ampache' program to open port 80. I edited my router's gaming/apps (wrtg300n lnksys) in single port forwarding from 80 to 80, and to IP address ending in 105 (my computer's LAN assigned IP by the router, as shown by dhcp client table. EVERYTIME I try to connect to my server through my palm pre, i get this error;

Either
    "Timed out during connection test"
    or the much more common
    "Error:Empty Response
    Phone not connecting to ampache"

Guys, Iv'e dumped like 8 hours of work into this and I'm totally stuck. PLEASE, help me out.
    have you made a acl rule from within the pc ampache client?
    No they are only MP3's. I made a point of trying mp3's only and I get this error with everything. A song I played two days ago played fine and now it doesn't. Like I said, I didn't change anything either.

I even checked to make sure my transcode settings were on default and they were. I had read someone with a similar problem in this thread who fixed it by setting the transcode to default. Mine already is.

I am stumped!
    have you tried turning transcoding off for all users by setting it to never? Also a lot of good information can be found in ampaches logs. You need to enable it in the ampache config php file tho.
    Any Mac users care to help with installation issues? Here is what I have accomplished so far:

XAAMP installed and running Apache, MySQL and FTP are working
    Ampache has been moved to Library->Webserver->documents
    Still cant get Ampache to open up on my desktop
    Ok, i have tried EVRYTHING guys, and I am about to give up. It took me a total of 16 hours of work (weekend warrior!) to get to this step. I can connect through wifi, but not evdo. I have an ip passthrough to my pc on the network. Ampache mobile can connect as long as i'm in the network (wifi on). For EVDO, I typed xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ampache-3.5.3 (also tried with my port, ex. ...xxx:80/ampa....).

I finally got a response though. instead of connection timeout or empty response, I get 404 - not Found, File not Found.

Can anyone please help me out here? My port 80 is open as confirmed by port checker AND grc shieldsup.

I'm at my wits end.

I even enabled logging, but i cant find where the log file even IS.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Ok, i have tried EVRYTHING guys, and I am about to give up. It took me a total of 16 hours of work (weekend warrior!) to get to this step. I can connect through wifi, but not evdo. I have an ip passthrough to my pc on the network. Ampache mobile can connect as long as i'm in the network (wifi on). For EVDO, I typed xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ampache-3.5.3 (also tried with my port, ex. ...xxx:80/ampa....).

I finally got a response though. instead of connection timeout or empty response, I get 404 - not Found, File not Found.

Can anyone please help me out here? My port 80 is open as confirmed by port checker AND grc shieldsup.

I'm at my wits end.

I even enabled logging, but i cant find where the log file even IS.
    have you tried a separate port? try configuring for say port 8081, don't forget to change your port forwards...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Ok, i have tried EVRYTHING guys, and I am about to give up. It took me a total of 16 hours of work (weekend warrior!) to get to this step. I can connect through wifi, but not evdo...
    First: Are you using Ampache Music Server version 3.5.1 or higher?

Take the pre out of the equation. Make sure you can access your Ampache server from a PC using your public address first.

As an example, from a PC on my home network, I can type :
    http://70.44.191.137:8080/

to access my Ampache Server (70.44.191.137 is my router's public IP address...my router is configured to redirect port 8080 request to port 80 on my Ampache Server).

Does this work for you?

Next, add dyndns into the equation:
    http://my_server.dyndns.org:8080

(I still need the non-default port address "8080")

Once you confirm it all works from a PC, then try using the pre.

Have you looked at the common issues page?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Tee View Post
    Any Mac users care to help with installation issues? Here is what I have accomplished so far:

XAAMP installed and running Apache, MySQL and FTP are working
    Ampache has been moved to Library->Webserver->documents
    Still cant get Ampache to open up on my desktop
    Sorry...I am on Linux. Have you tried looking the forums at Amapche.org?
    If the MEDIA_ERR_DECODE is on the pre...can you try rebooting the pre and see if that helps?

I have had similar issues that have required a pre reboot.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Hey bjgeiser,

Any ideas when 0.8.0 will be here?
  15.    #775  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Hey bjgeiser,

Any ideas when 0.8.0 will be here?
    Not sure. I haven't really had any time to work on it in the past couple months. With the Holidays, planning a wedding and being swamped at work, Ampache Mobile has taken a back seat until I have some more free time.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Port 80 is blocked by my ISP.

Can anyone give me ***** instructions on how to change the default port?

I thought I did it via editing a .cfg w/ notepad - but apparently I did something wrong.

I can connect locally via wifi, but not remotely.

I am so close!! Please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by xtravbx View Post
    Port 80 is blocked by my ISP.

Can anyone give me ***** instructions on how to change the default port?
    Take a look at the common issues page. There are some instructions there.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    If the MEDIA_ERR_DECODE is on the pre...can you try rebooting the pre and see if that helps?

I have had similar issues that have required a pre reboot.

I finally just did a complete install of ampache and it's working again. not sure what set it off!
    Thanks so much for creating this app and for everyone's help.

I got it working, and I couldn't be more excited. By far my favorite app as of yet!

I have never touched apache / xampp before trying this application.

If anyone else needs help, I followed this guide:
    http://nucleardecay.net/pre/Ampache-...vista32bit.pdf

and then changed the listen / server ports to 8080

then set up port forwarding on my router

then setup dyndns and made an account

Everything is working awesome!
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I've been getting intermittent x-palm-connect/Palm Audio Service Failed errors and I can't quite figure out why.
    I got it today after switching from EVDO data to Wifi while streaming. Of course, that should cause a problem... but after restarting Ampache Mobile I kept getting the error. AmpachePre would play most of 1 song then hang, unable to play another.
    I figured something was up with the connection or the phone itself, so I restarted, but get the same problems.
    I'll go reboot my server when I get home from work, but until then anyone got any suggestions?