View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 53.87%
  • No

    137 46.13%
Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #741  
    But I have a problem though.

    Maybe it has something to do with my big library (18 000 songs), but I can't get it to work perfectly.

    I login OK.

    Then :
    - Genre : Displays OK 9/10 times (otherwise nothing displays)
    - Random : Works OK
    - Album : Displays OK 7/10 times but only until an album starting with "Cha", so only the firsts albums.
    - Artists : Never got it to display something
    - Search : 8/10 depending on what I search

    Any clue on how to get it to work better ?

    Thank you for all the time you spend coding this fantastic player ! I so look forward to listen to all my home music from my phone !

    I think I'm going to donate something this week-end :-)

    I'm using version 0.7.0.
    I'm in France and use European (German) version.
    I'm using WebOS 1.3.1.
    My server is Windows 7 x64 + Apache 2.2 + MySQL 5.1.
  2.    #742  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalil View Post
    But I have a problem though.

    Maybe it has something to do with my big library (18 000 songs), but I can't get it to work perfectly.

    I login OK.

    Then :
    - Genre : Displays OK 9/10 times (otherwise nothing displays)
    - Random : Works OK
    - Album : Displays OK 7/10 times but only until an album starting with "Cha", so only the firsts albums.
    - Artists : Never got it to display something
    - Search : 8/10 depending on what I search

    Any clue on how to get it to work better ?

    Thank you for all the time you spend coding this fantastic player ! I so look forward to listen to all my home music from my phone !

    I think I'm going to donate something this week-end :-)

    I'm using version 0.7.0.
    I'm in France and use European (German) version.
    I'm using WebOS 1.3.1.
    My server is Windows 7 x64 + Apache 2.2 + MySQL 5.1.
    How clean are your id3 tags and what version of Ampache are you using? My guess is that you have some garbage in your tags causing the App to be unable to process what comes back from your server.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  3. #743  
    It is 98% clean. Is that a problem if thé tags have specials chars ? Like é or # ?

    I'm using 0.7.0
  4.    #744  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalil View Post
    It is 98% clean. Is that a problem if thé tags have specials chars ? Like é or # ?

    I'm using 0.7.0
    Ya i think the é may present a problem, the # is probably ok.

    I ment the Ampache Server version ex. 3.5.2
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  5. #745  
    OK I see. I'm french so what can I do so that thé spécial chars are supported ? Don't you support UTF-8 ?

    I'm using last Ampache server 3.5.2
  6. globex's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    #746  
    I found that setting my charset to Windows-1252 in the Ampache settings helped with the various character issues.
  7. #747  
    Changing this setting didn't work for me.

    Instead, I tried to do some additionnel clean up on my tags, and step by step I got it to work ! :-)

    From what I saw, I can say that strangely it's the character "-" that was blocking :-o .... Does this make any sense to you ?

    Well, now I can list everything fine, I'm very happy :-)

    I have another question though :
    Is it possible to have Ampache/AmpacheMobile list only "Album's Artists" in the "Artists" view ? Because I have many single tracks audio files, that are all in one virtual album "Various Artists - Various". And I don't want them to all appear in my "Artists" view ? Do you see what I mean ?

    Thanks again for this wonderfull application !
  8. #748  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalil View Post
    ...have another question though :
    Is it possible to have Ampache/AmpacheMobile list only "Album's Artists" in the "Artists" view ? Because I have many single tracks audio files, that are all in one virtual album "Various Artists - Various". And I don't want them to all appear in my "Artists" view ? Do you see what I mean ?
    If I understand your question correctly: no, not by default.

    Ampache uses the tags on each audio file to populate Artist, Album,... information. It does not use the folder name. (This means you can put all you audio files in one folder and Ampache will still work fine).

    One thing you could do is: grab a tag editor (like mp3tag, audioshell, ...) and edit the tag information for each audio file in that one virtual album:
    - set Artist to "Various Artist"
    - set Album to "Various Artist"
    - set Song Title to "Artist"-"Song Title" (ex: Jackson Browne-Lawyers In Love)

    (If your Ampache server is running on a linux box, it would be pretty easy to write a script to edit tag information automatically. I have used the id3v2 library on Linux to fix some of my audio files)
    Last edited by wilderf; 12/14/2009 at 05:21 AM.
  9. Maturin's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #749  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalil View Post
    I have another question though :
    Is it possible to have Ampache/AmpacheMobile list only "Album's Artists" in the "Artists" view ? Because I have many single tracks audio files, that are all in one virtual album "Various Artists - Various". And I don't want them to all appear in my "Artists" view ? Do you see what I mean ?

    Thanks again for this wonderfull application !
    I think I see what you mean. I thought the same thing when I first got Ampache Mobile to work. I had some albums with many different artists, but from that Artist view I could only choose single tracks from those albums. "Album Artist" isn't supported in the Ampache server at all, so theres no perfect fix.
    Heres what I did:
    Instead of searching for my music from the "Artist" list, I go to the "Album" list and then sort it by artist. That helped some. Then I invested the time to clean up my tags, making sure that album names were the same throughout my tags.
  10. #750  
    @Wilderf : I respectfully disagree :-) In the ID3 Tags, there is an "Album Artist" Tag in addition of the "Artist" (Track Artist) and "Album" tag. So my audio files, which are correctly tagged look like this (in case of various artist album) :
    Nb - Album Artist - Album - Artist - Track
    01 - Various Artists - Various - Some Artist - Some Single Track
    02 - Various Artists - Various - Another Artist - Other Single Track
    03 - Various Artists - Various - Artist Again - Some Song

    All serious Audio software support this différence between Artist / Album Artist. I disapointed Ampache Server does not. (I personnaly use and recommande MediaMonkey).

    @Maturin : Yes I use the same "workaround". But I would still rather find a way to mod/patch Ampache Server to make it recognize the "Album Artist" ... But I don't know it good enough ...
  11.    #751  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalil View Post
    @Wilderf : I respectfully disagree :-) In the ID3 Tags, there is an "Album Artist" Tag in addition of the "Artist" (Track Artist) and "Album" tag. So my audio files, which are correctly tagged look like this (in case of various artist album) :
    Nb - Album Artist - Album - Artist - Track
    01 - Various Artists - Various - Some Artist - Some Single Track
    02 - Various Artists - Various - Another Artist - Other Single Track
    03 - Various Artists - Various - Artist Again - Some Song

    All serious Audio software support this différence between Artist / Album Artist. I disapointed Ampache Server does not. (I personnaly use and recommande MediaMonkey).

    @Maturin : Yes I use the same "workaround". But I would still rather find a way to mod/patch Ampache Server to make it recognize the "Album Artist" ... But I don't know it good enough ...
    There is already an open ticket in the Ampache ticket system for this. #498 (Add support for 'ALBUM ARTIST' or 'BAND' id3 tags) – Ampache if you have any input for the Ampache team you should put it here. Personally I am not going to change anything until Ampache does.

    Edit: Not many players/media managers handle various artist albums gracefully my solution has always been to move the artist name into the track title and change the artist to what you have put in the "artist album" tag.

    Nb - Album - Artist - Track
    01 - Various - Various Artists - Some Single Track (Some Artist)
    02 - Various - Various Artists - Other Single Track (Another Artist)
    03 - Various - Various Artists - Some Song (Artist Again)

    If you get good at using an id3 tag editor you can do this a couple seconds. I find its the solution that works with the most software.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 12/14/2009 at 05:08 PM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  12. #752  
    Thanks bjgeiser, I'll try changing my tags accordingly ...
  13. #753  
    Hi

    I have a problem which I haven't seen mentioned previously.

    I have ampache mobile working perfectly over local wifi but can get it working fully over 3G. On 3G everything works fine until I press play to stream a song and it just keeps spinning.

    I've tried all the usual things like changing port and port forwarding etc to no avail.

    thanks
    Gx
  14. #754  
    Hey, I've been trying to get this to work (on two different operating systems) for the past few months, and I've been giving it another go over winter break but I've come up to a problem I don't know what to do for. I've set up the ampache server so that I can access it from my internal network, and it should access from the external network (I put in the 0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255 under acl and changed the port to something that I forwarded on my router) so I should be able to access everything via 68.111.59.83:5555/ampache-3.5.3, but for some reason I can only access it via 192.168.2.2/ampache-3.5.3. Not only that, while I can connect to the server on both ampache mobile and ampachepre, only ampache pre actually plays anything. On Ampache Mobile all I get is the spinning circle, which leads to the stream stalling then sometimes a palm audio failure. I would really (really) like to get this working, and I think it has to be something stupid on my end. Anyone have any ideas?
  15. #755  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Hi

    I have a problem which I haven't seen mentioned previously.

    I have ampache mobile working perfectly over local wifi but can get it working fully over 3G. On 3G everything works fine until I press play to stream a song and it just keeps spinning.

    I've tried all the usual things like changing port and port forwarding etc to no avail.

    thanks
    Gx
    It sounds like a Transcoding problem to me. Depending on how your Ampache Server is setup, Ampache will perform transcoding whenever the user is off of your local network. See "Transcoding not working" at the Ampache Mobile CommonIssues page.

    1) Make sure to check your log files on the Ampache Server (See the "Enabling Logging" section at Ampache Wiki).

    2) Check out the section "Works on Wi-Fi but not EVDO" at the Ampache Mobile CommonIssues page.
  16. #756  
    Quote Originally Posted by LtTibbles View Post
    Hey, I've been trying to get this to work (on two different operating systems) for the past few months, and I've been giving it another go over winter break but I've come up to a problem I don't know what to do for...
    I am a little confused. Can you answer the following questions?

    0) Have you checked the log files on your Ampache Server? (See the "Enabling Logging" section at Ampache Wiki).

    1) Can you access Ampache using a web browser from another machine on your network (i.e. http://192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x or 172.16.x.x )? If no, it could be a firewall issue on the machine running the Amapche music server or maybe an Ampache Server ACL rule.

    2) Can you access Ampache using a web browser via Wi-Fi from your Pre (i.e. http://192.168.x.x)? If no, it could be a firewall issue on the machine running the Amapche music server or maybe an ACL rule.

    3) Can you access Ampache using Ampache-mobile via Wifi from your Pre?

    4) Can you access Ampache using a web browser from another machine using your Ampache's "public" IP Address (i.e http://68.111.59.83:5555/ampache-3.5.3/ampache-3.5.3)
  17. Maturin's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #757  
    Ampache Mobile seems to be working fine with WebOS 1.3.5 for me. Still waiting on the next version though
  18. gbritton's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #758  
    I've retested the "paused streaming audio prevents device sleeping" bug under 1.3.5 and am happy to report that Palm seems to have finally fixed this long standing battery draining bug.
  19. #759  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbritton View Post
    I've retested the "paused streaming audio prevents device sleeping" bug under 1.3.5 and am happy to report that Palm seems to have finally fixed this long standing battery draining bug.
    I think they fixed that bug in 1.3.1. I noticed pause was not eating my battery any more after the 1.3.1 update.
  20. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #760  
    I just noticed that there was a 3.5.3 Security Release of Ampache released 12/20.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions