View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 37 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Thank you, it works

Transcoding is already working, setting up Ampache wasn't a difficult task. I hope that they will hurry up with 1.3.1 for the GSM-Pre.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    So whats on tap for the next version?
  3.    #723  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    So whats on tap for the next version?
    I've taken a bit of time off, needed a break.

When I get back to it my plans for v 0.8.0 are (this could change when i get into it).

• Playlist View in the now playing screen, with the ability to rearrange and delete songs, also rotating the phone will switch to playlist view automatically.
      • I want to get playlist view down before I take another attempt at prebuffering songs as it will be extremely valuable for debugging the prebuffer, I plan on creating a visual indication of the buffer state of each song. Targeting this for 0.9.0
    • A-Z Menu for longs lists (i might do a v0.7.1 release for this)
    • Maybe Dashboard notifications/controls

It all takes time and I'm the only developer on this. Would welcome contributions if anyone is interested.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  4.    #724  
    There is a new version of Ampache out. I've tested it with Ampache Mobile 0.7.0 and its working great thus far.

Ampache :: Developer Blog 3.5.2 Stable released Including amazing new theme!
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    There is a new version of Ampache out. I've tested it with Ampache Mobile 0.7.0 and its working great thus far.

Ampache :: Developer Blog 3.5.2 Stable released Including amazing new theme!
    Thanks for the heads up, Ill upgrade in a bit. Hopefully it goes smooth.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Hi.

I just upgraded to Ampache 3.5.2 and now Ampache Mobile is giving me a MEDIA_ERR_DECODE error for every song I try.

I'm not sure where to look for a solution. Transcoding settings haven't changed since last version, and the stream appears to load fine when I just play it from the Ampache server via the browser.

Any ideas?

*EDIT*

Found the issue. My user's settings were set to Transcode "Always". I set it to "Default" and now we're back in business.
    Last edited by globex; 11/19/2009 at 02:05 PM.
    What are the odds of seeing Ampaches video streaming being incorporated?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I've been noticing lately a lot of crashes when running Ampache Mobile. It mostly occurs when I'm browsing songs while already listening to one. I'll browsing through song lists and searched and Ampache Mobile will get slower and slower to the point where the Pre doesn't respond at all. Then after a few seconds the Pre will crash and restart.

My guess would be Ampache Mobile is using so much RAM at that point it forces the Pre to reboot. Is there anything that can be done? Can there be some kind of limit set to how much Ampache Mobile can cache and how much RAM it can use to avoid this?

Also, I'd like to request a feature to allow me to press the "Shuffle All" button immediately without having to wait for the list of songs to get populated. If that's possible.

Great work as always. I can't wait for 0.8.

*EDIT* I've just had this happen to me again while not running Ampache Mobile. Perhaps it's an issue with 1.3.1?
    Last edited by globex; 11/30/2009 at 02:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcettison View Post
    What are the odds of seeing Ampaches video streaming being incorporated?
    well considering webos has limited codec support, ampache would need transcoding videos. I don't believe it has this yet. If you converted a video to a pre compatible format it is possible now. I worked on this a little but not much. I could not get a video with mp4 extension to show up under the api filter. I didn't play with it enough to figure out why because video was not as important to me. It would be nice to have though.
    Hi,

I don't seem to be able to connect to https://url:8004/ at all now with either ampachpre or ampache mobile. What am I doing wrong? non-ssl works, but that's hardly what i'm after (except for streaming, of course)

thanks,
    -m
    Quote Originally Posted by victort View Post
    Hi,

I don't seem to be able to connect to https://url:8004/ at all now with either ampachpre or ampache mobile. What am I doing wrong? non-ssl works, but that's hardly what i'm after (except for streaming, of course)

thanks,
    -m
    Note sure...
    1) Does https://url:8004/ work from a PC / laptop?
    2) Have you checked the Apache logs? Ampache logs?
    3) Did it work with 1.2 on the Pre?

Have you read Configuring Ampache with SSL
    Quote Originally Posted by victort View Post
    Hi,

I don't seem to be able to connect to [url] at all now with either ampachpre or ampache mobile. What am I doing wrong? non-ssl works, but that's hardly what i'm after (except for streaming, of course)

thanks,
    -m
    sounds like you need to accept your ca in the browser. Is it self signed?
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    *EDIT* I've just had this happen to me again while not running Ampache Mobile. Perhaps it's an issue with 1.3.1?
    I have had this happen with various multimedia apps on the pre prior to 1.3.1 even. I have not seen it since 1.3.1 yet though.
    yes,

1) everything works from every other client, except my phone.
    2) a(m)pache's logs never see a hit from the phone
    3) worked with 1.2, and 1.3.1 for a while, stopped working
    3a) (here's probably the problem) i also can't browse to that site or many other https://url:nonstandardport/ sites from the browser app either (see 1.3.1 prevents alternate port https:// - webOS Software - Palm Support Community)
    4) self signed cert.
    4a) self signed cert, and root cert both in certificate manager
    5) works fine if i use non-http port. (undesired, except for streaming)

halp!
    -m

ps, could the browser fail and the ampach(prprpr)$e$ ($mobile$) $fail$ $be$ $related$?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I haven't been able to pin down what causes it, but for me Ampache Mobile has been skipping to the next track occasionally while in the middle of a song. I know it's happened in random play, not sure about regular play.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I haven't been able to pin down what causes it, but for me Ampache Mobile has been skipping to the next track occasionally while in the middle of a song. I know it's happened in random play, not sure about regular play.
    I use random play all the time and have never seen this happen. Thats an odd issue though.
    this happens to me with ampachpre. I think it has to do with the headphones and the button that skips. By any chance did you have the head phones plugged in? Seems like the signal is getting sent out when it is not supposed to. My headphone jack is either dirty or shorting out. It makes some horrible squeaks while talking on the phone.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    this happens to me with ampachpre. I think it has to do with the headphones and the button that skips. By any chance did you have the head phones plugged in? Seems like the signal is getting sent out when it is not supposed to. My headphone jack is either dirty or shorting out. It makes some horrible squeaks while talking on the phone.
    It has skipped on me before by accidentally swiping a finger across the screen (this could use a toggle button btw,) but today it did it while it was just sitting there. I was listening in my car. So it was a simple aux wire, not the headphones.

I'll report back if I notice any more.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Here's a minor polish suggestion:A "No Results Found" response when a search turns up no items.

Also, bump for next version
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I'm getting A LOT of 'Palm Audio Service Failed' error messages. Some when I try to start a stream, others halfway through a streams.

What does this error mean and what can I do to help get rid of this problem?