View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 36 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTemplar View Post
    Sweet--somehow managed to get it working! My dynds address still goes to the router when I use it at home, but it doesn't really matter.
    if your dyndns address is hitting your routers config from the internal network, it could mean a internel dns (probably the router its self) pointing towards your routers lan address.
    It's fine as it is. I can still log in with either local host or the IP of the machine that apache is installed on. I'm not going to spend any more time messing with it unless I have to. Thanks for everyone's help though!

One unrelated, but related question: do you all use your Pre as your primary electronic listening device now? Obviously you can't use Ampache when you're on a plane or a subway, but even with just whatever you have installed on the Pre itself, the battery life on the Pre doesn't make it viable for anything other than short listens.

And another question just about the forum in general: obviously I'm grateful for evyerone's help. Is there any need for me to "thank" people. I mean do people get anything out of it (like a prize), or is it just a formality?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I bought the 2600mah extended battery, so I can at least get up to 7-8hrs of streaming. Enough for listening at work. The EVDO connection doesn't quite work well enough for listening on the road though, so I've just got an old 30gb zune that I keep in my car.

And not sure about the Thanks, I'm fresh here myself
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    thanks are just that.. a thank you for whatever was done or helped with. Just a way to show appreciation I think. Also a way to see if the person offering advice has a reputation of helping people..
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    I'm trying to use these steps so that I can enter my domain name without the "/ampache" and without using a webhop. I'm currently using a No-IP domain which does a port 80 redirect, so it would be nice to not have to specify the port or the correct folder.

I'm having some issues with this, possibly because I am trying to translate these instructions to a Windows install (Windows 7).

Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    I have done something like this at home. I had to modify both the amapche configuration file and my apache web server configuration file.

(This is on an Ubuntu 9.04 system)

I edited my ampache config file (/etc/ampache/ampache.cfg.php) and changed the line :
    Code:
      web_path = "/ampache"
    to
       web_path = ""
    I then edited my apache configuration file on Ubuntu (/etc/apache2/sites-available/default).

In the <VirtualHost *:80> section:
    - I changed the line :
    Code:
        DocumentRoot /var/www/
    to 
        DocumentRoot /usr/share/ampache/www  
    (this is where ampache is installed...look for the index.php file)
    -added the following at the end of the file:
    Code:
        <Directory /usr/share/ampache/www>                                                                                              
            Options FollowSymLinks                                                                                                      
            AllowOverride Limit Options FileInfo                                                                                        
        </Directory>
    Last, I delete the soft link /etc/apache2/conf.d/ampache file. It linked to /etc/ampache/ampache.conf

I used to have to type :
    now I can just type

Changing the ampache.cfg.php file is fairly straightforward; however, I'm not sure which file the other changes are being made to. I'm assuming it's the HTTPD.CONF file located in XAMPP\APACHE\CONF. I can't find anything in that file that spefically says "<VirtualHost *:80>", but there is a "DocumentRoot". Each time I've tried to make changes to this file, I end up having to reinstall XAMPP to make things work again. Even restoring a backup of HTTPD.CONF didn't resolve the issue without first needing a reinstall.

Has anyone else made this work in Windows?
  6.    #706  
    One unrelated, but related question: do you all use your Pre as your primary electronic listening device now? Obviously you can't use Ampache when you're on a plane or a subway, but even with just whatever you have installed on the Pre itself, the battery life on the Pre doesn't make it viable for anything other than short listens.
    I've been using mine the whole day at work. I keep it plugged in and streaming, works great. I also run the windows version a lot.

I drive a lot of places where there is no EV so I have an ipod touch for that.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    ...One unrelated, but related question: do you all use your Pre as your primary electronic listening device now?
    I use my Pre a lot in my cars. It's great having a large selection of music I like without all the commercials.

I also use it around the house...like when I am cutting the grass and next to the bed. I have a pair of old powered PC speakers on the headboard that sound pretty good with the pre.

I have been using Ampache for years on all the computers at home. We even have an audio cable running from the stereo on the family room into the basement where I have my Ampache Server. We do local play on it all the time. I sometimes play tricks on my wife by starting songs on stereo when I am not home.
    Last edited by wilderf; 11/11/2009 at 06:37 AM.
    I use ampache on my pre all the time now. partly because of testing ampachpre but mostly because I have all my music there. I don't even use my ipod anymore. I keep a charger in my car and in every room I hang out in in my house. I think I can get about 3-4hrs of music streaming on the stock battery. I try to keep the battery topped off. Evdo streams quite nicely in my car where I am. Only out in bfe is where i lose streaming capability. I usually just download a playlist before hand. I might just sell my ipod.
    So, I got ampache to work without needing /Ampache after my domain name, but I guess I kind of cheated. I couldn't figure out how to make the change in the config files, so I just moved the two INDEX files that were in the HTDOCS folder to another location and then moved the contents of the AMPACHE folder to the HTDOCS folder. Of course, I also had to change the web_path in AMPACHE.CFG.PHP from "/Ampache" to "".

I probably broke something somewhere, but everything I need to work seems to work.
    Last edited by RollingHippy; 11/11/2009 at 10:01 PM.
    Am I the only one who is only able to use Ampache when my computer isn't sleeping? Is that normal?
    Am I the only one who is only able to use Ampache when my computer isn't sleeping? Is that normal?
    This is normal.

The computer you are using as the Ampache Server must be fully "on". It cannot be hibernating, in stand-by, in sleep mode or turned off.

I leave my Ampache server on all the time, unless I will be away from home for a few days.

I know someone is trying to get wake-on-lan working: he posted about it earlier in this forum thread. Maybe you can try to figure it out too?
  12.    #712  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    I know someone is trying to get wake-on-lan working: he posted about it earlier in this forum thread. Maybe you can try to figure it out too?
    I use an old computer as my router/web (ampache) server and its always on.

As far as wake-on-lan goes. There is nothing in the API for webOS which could do this, so any solution will require a rooted phone (for the phone to send the WOL packet).
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 11/12/2009 at 03:43 PM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    As far as wake-on-lan goes. There is nothing in the API for webOS which could do this, so any solution will require a rooted phone.
    Like I posted earlier in this thread...You can do this outside of Ampache Mobile:

In theory...
    1) Set up port forwarding on you router for WOL traffic. You will have to set up the port forwarding based on the site you use below.
    2) Open the browser on the Pre and go to one of the following sites:
    - Wake On Lan - dslreports.com
    - WOL - Wake On Lan - Rechner ├╝ber das Internet starten
    - Mobile Wake-On-LAN Online
    3) Fill out the information on the page, submit it and wait a few minutes
    4) Start up Pre Mobile.

Has anyone tried this?
    Another solution:

- Install DD-WRT on your router (see DD-WRT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    - Install the terminal or the command line tool on you Pre (see Application:Terminal - WebOS Internals)
    - SSH into your router using the command line tool on the Pre and run the command
    Code:
        /usr/sbin/wol -i 192.168.1.255 AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF

where:
        AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF = the mac address of your Ampache server.
    See Wake-on-LAN (tutorial) - DD-WRT Wiki for more details.
    Last edited by wilderf; 11/12/2009 at 03:18 PM.
  15.    #715  
    Anyone try out 1.3.1 yet? I'm in a 1x only WiFi-less area, might have to hit up the local coffee shop for an update to try it out. Anyway report back on the status of the app, I expect it to be fully working still.

Looks to be working A-OK to me.
  17.    #717  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfelectron View Post
    Looks to be working A-OK to me.
    Great! thanks

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Ya, works fine for me too.
    A nice side effect of 1.3.1 is they finally fixed the bug in the SDK where
    streaming audio apps suck lots of juice when they're paused.
    It has fixed Pandora, Ampache Mobile, Net2Streams etc.

ian
    Hey there,

another "spinnging wheel":

Ampache is set up correctly on my box (streaming works with the Pre's browser) and I can log in and browse my music (~17000 files, about 52gb, mainly OGG).

It doesn't matter how I try to start a stream. The wheel is spinning, the cover art appears if there is one in the album folder, position and duration are displaying 0:00 and nothing else happens. Not even the debug-mode is telling me what's going on.

The ampache log tells me:
    Code:
    2009-11-15 18:48:05 [ampache] (API) -> Login Success, passphrase matched 
    2009-11-15 18:48:05 [ampache] (API) -> Ping Received from 192.168.170.4 :: ca80e2d1a40b7bb11014e03d0b42f6d6
    That's it! My Pre (European version) is running on webOS 1.1.3 and ampache runs 3.5.1.

Please excuse my double-posting if there is already a solution in this thread. I'm too tired to read 36 pages of posts now. Is there a FAQ anywhere?

BTW: Nice App!

ampache.cfg.php.txt
  20.    #720  
    Quote Originally Posted by s*****en View Post

That's it! My Pre (European version) is running on webOS 1.1.3 and ampache runs 3.5.1.

Please excuse my double-posting if there is already a solution in this thread. I'm too tired to read 36 pages of posts now. Is there a FAQ anywhere?

BTW: Nice App!
    Sorry but version 0.7.0 of Ampache Mobile will not work on webOS 1.1.3. The good news is that 0.6.0 will work and its available from here

Also you'll need to setup transcoding for your ogg files.