View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 35 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    bjgeiser:
    Do you have the Music Player (Remix) homebrew app? In that app, I absolutely love the A-Z bar on the side for quickly browsing your artists or albums alphabetically. Is that something you could implement in Ampache Mobile too?

With lots of music it gets tiresome just swiping up to scroll through it all, and who wants to open the keyboard to search?
  2.    #682  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    bjgeiser:
    Do you have the Music Player (Remix) homebrew app? In that app, I absolutely love the A-Z bar on the side for quickly browsing your artists or albums alphabetically. Is that something you could implement in Ampache Mobile too?

With lots of music it gets tiresome just swiping up to scroll through it all, and who wants to open the keyboard to search?
    Its already done, as of last week . Will be in the next release.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  3.    #683  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Alright.

Can I also request a feature that the "Previous Track" button doesn't go to the previous track on the first click and instead goes to the beginning of the song first? This is pretty standard on all music players and it allows you to easily repeat the song. Scrolling to the start also works, but that way it doesn't register as a replay (and thus last.fm doesn't count it as 2 plays).

The solution right now is to hit "Previous Track" and then "Next Track". Not a big deal, but it would be nice.
    I think I am gonna leave it how it is. None of the apps that do what you are describing have a slider to move around in the song. Any other opinions?
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Its already done, as of last week . Will be in the next release.
    OK, where the hell is your paypal link?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Finally sat down and got transcoding set up. Everything is working swimmingly at 96, now trying at 128.
  6.    #686  
    OK, where the hell is your paypal link?
    Never set one up. You are the first to ask. I should probably do that at some point.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I like the changes in 0.7.0 that let you keep browsing around while your music is playing thanks to the Now Playing list. It's good that you included the warning when performing a back gesture from the home screen that lets you know your music will stop.
    I suggest adding the same warning when accessing the preferences menu from the home screen, as it currently clears now playing and stops your music.
  8.    #688  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Never set one up. You are the first to ask. I should probably do that at some point.
    If you would like to support the Ampache Mobile project please donate. Ampache Mobile will always be free, but as the project grows some monetary support would be nice. Donations will be used to support development of Ampache Mobile.

9.    #689  
    I like the changes in 0.7.0 that let you keep browsing around while your music is playing thanks to the Now Playing list. It's good that you included the warning when performing a back gesture from the home screen that lets you know your music will stop.
    I suggest adding the same warning when accessing the preferences menu from the home screen, as it currently clears now playing and stops your music.
    Ya, will do.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Also, when selecting a song it gives you the option to "Play All", "Enqueue All Following" and "Enqueue Song". But there is no option to "Play song". It's very frustrating. Because more than often I just want to it to create a 1 song playlist with the song I select. Can you please add that option to the dropdown?

Thanks.
  11.    #691  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Also, when selecting a song it gives you the option to "Play All", "Enqueue All Following" and "Enqueue Song". But there is no option to "Play song". It's very frustrating. Because more than often I just want to it to create a 1 song playlist with the song I select. Can you please add that option to the dropdown?

Thanks.
    Tap and hold the song.

What a bummer: I finally was able to get Ampache to work on my phone & now for some reason it isn't working & when I try to type my DYNDNS address into my browser it brings up my router homepage. What could have happened?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Your router should never be available from the internet, so if you're
    seeing the router login or admin screens when you use the dyndns
    name, then it's somehow getting registered with the internal IP
    address (e.g. 192.168.1.xxx) instead of the external address of
    the router.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTemplar View Post
    What a bummer: I finally was able to get Ampache to work on my phone & now for some reason it isn't working & when I try to type my DYNDNS address into my browser it brings up my router homepage. What could have happened?
    Are you putting the "/ampache" after your dyndns.org address?
    there should be an option for web side admin in the router config some where. You probably enabled this on accident.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Not quite sure how this happened, but the slider got buggy for a few songs a couple minutes ago. See attached images...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  17.    #697  
    Not quite sure how this happened, but the slider got buggy for a few songs a couple minutes ago. See attached images...
    I've had all kinds of problems getting the slider to be good. I've even found a few bugs in the mojo framework with the slider. I believe I have some updated slider code in the next release.

Sweet--somehow managed to get it working! My dynds address still goes to the router when I use it at home, but it doesn't really matter.
  19.    #699  
    Sweet--somehow managed to get it working! My dynds address still goes to the router when I use it at home, but it doesn't really matter.
    Sounds like you are using the same port for your ampache server as you are for your router management. Is this the case?

So does mine.

Check out the port forwarding information in the section "Works on Wi-Fi but not EVDO" @ CommonIssues - ampache-mobile - Some pointers for common issues encountered while setting up ampache - Project Hosting on Google Code for a possible solution.