View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 34 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    What version of Ampache are you running? Should say on the bottom of the page on the Ampache Web page.
    Ampache v3.3.3.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    Here are my rules.

Code:
    Name	Start Address	End Address	Level	        User	Key	Type
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------	
    RPC	   0.0.0.0	255.255.255.255	Read/Write	All		API/RPC	  
    Streaming  0.0.0.0	255.255.255.255	Read/Write	All		Stream Access	  
    Web        0.0.0.0	255.255.255.255	Read/Write	All		Web Interface	  
    Local      127.0.0.1	127.0.0.2	Read/Write	All		Local Network Definition	  
    My Net     192.168.1.2	192.168.1.255	  All	        All		Local Network Definition
    I copied your ACL's but don't see an ALL in the users and it doesn't save whatever I put in the users dropdown. Says blank. Are you setting the ACL in the GUI or via some config file?? Or manually in the mysql DB??
  3.    #663  
    Quote Originally Posted by XhabsfanX View Post
    Ampache v3.3.3.5.
    Ampache Mobile requires Ampache 3.5.1. You can download it from here
    Ampache Downloads
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    For me, Ampache Mobile's biggest issue right now is dealing with flaky connections. When I'm on EVDO and the connection isn't stable I have a lot of difficulties starting the stream. And when browsing the songs I get the "unicode error". If I retry, it often will go through without an issue.

Is there anything you can do about improving this issue? Perhaps more reconnect attempts?
  5.    #665  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    For me, Ampache Mobile's biggest issue right now is dealing with flaky connections. When I'm on EVDO and the connection isn't stable I have a lot of difficulties starting the stream. And when browsing the songs I get the "unicode error". If I retry, it often will go through without an issue.

Is there anything you can do about improving this issue? Perhaps more reconnect attempts?
    Ya... i think that I have a mistake in the code right now that mistakes a network timeout as a unicode error. I need to clean that up in the next release.

As far as the streaming goes that's what I was attempting to address with the stalled stream restart. The way it works is that if a stream reports stalled for 20 seconds or more I try to restart it. The idea being that you probably had a flaky connection and hopefully the connection is better.

The truth is that until the cellular networks are more reliable this is never going to be 100% fool proof. I'll keep looking at ways to make the retries more robust, any suggestions?

I try to use Wi Fi as much as possible, it's definitely more reliable.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    SICKK!!!!!!! I pretty much love you guys Thanks a huge huge huge amount.

So far APP looks amazing. Was it hard to do?? I use dojo as a JSJSJS $framework$ $at$ $work$ $and$ $was$ $looking$ $into$ $mojo$ $to$ $get$ $going$ $on$ $something$ $for$ $fun$

Thanks to BOTH of you for your help. It was just the version. I had just used apt-get in ubuntu.
  7.    #667  
    Quote Originally Posted by XhabsfanX View Post
    So far APP looks amazing. Was it hard to do?? I use dojo as a JSJSJS $framework$ $at$ $work$ $and$ $was$ $looking$ $into$ $mojo$ $to$ $get$ $going$ $on$ $something$ $for$ $fun$
    Thanks, the app wasn't too hard. I started an Ampache iPhone app previously and this was much easier than that. I've spend a lot of time on it though. If you have javascript experience it should be pretty easy to get started.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Also, with regards to WIFI. When I'm school, we have to login to the WIFI by entering our username and password when we start the browser. The latest version of Ampache Mobile correctly brings up a dialog box asking me to login, however it doesn't allow me to scroll horizontally and the input fields (as well as the "login" button) don't fit into the screen, so I can't login. Is it possible to make it so I can scroll across.

Hope I made it clear, what the issue was.
    Also, with regards to WIFI. When I'm school, we have to login to the WIFI by entering our username and password when we start the browser. The latest version of Ampache Mobile correctly brings up a dialog box asking me to login, however it doesn't allow me to scroll horizontally and the input fields (as well as the "login" button) don't fit into the screen, so I can't login. Is it possible to make it so I can scroll across.

Hope I made it clear, what the issue was.
    I have a similar issue. At this Wifi location, I am able to open up a window in the web browser, login and then I leave the window open. I then start up Ampache Mobile and I am able to use the Wifi hotspot.

Have you tried this?

F
  10.    #670  
    I have a similar issue. At this Wifi location, I am able to open up a window in the web browser, login and then I leave the window open. I then start up Ampache Mobile and I am able to use the Wifi hotspot.

Have you tried this?

F
    Thats what I'd recommend you do. The app wasnt really designed to display webpages, more so it displays them so you can debug why it isnt working.

Quote Originally Posted by RollingHippy View Post
    Sounds like a port issue. If you can't access it from other local computers on the same network, maybe it's a firewall rather than just a forwarding problem.
    Well configured my computer's firewall & now I can access it from other computers in my network & I can access my Ampache page through my web browser when Wifi is on. What should I try next?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Have you tried this?

F
    I can't do that, because when I'm running Ampache it's using up all the memory. A lot of the time I can't run anything other than Ampache, it says "Too Many Cards Open".
  13.    #673  
    I can't do that, because when I'm running Ampache it's using up all the memory. A lot of the time I can't run anything other than Ampache, it says "Too Many Cards Open".
    Ya i get that sometimes when I have no cards open. Only way I've been able to resolve it is to reboot the phone. Seems like the memory management needs some work on palms end.

most of the wifi access points that require web authentication remember your mac address after authenticating, should be safe to open a browser, agree to the terms of service, close it and then continue using the phone on the network.

Just to make sure this doesn't have anything to do with the problem--if I'm behind a router & my localhost is the internal IP address of the computer that I used to set up ampache, how will I access my internal IP outside of the network? Should Ampache have been set up on my public IP?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Ya i get that sometimes when I have no cards open. Only way I've been able to resolve it is to reboot the phone. Seems like the memory management needs some work on palms end.
    Is it possible that there's some kind of memory leak in Ampache Mobile?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTemplar View Post
    Well configured my computer's firewall & now I can access it from other computers in my network & I can access my Ampache page through my web browser when Wifi is on. What should I try next?
    Great...you are making progress and you are close to be done.

Check out the section "Works on Wi-Fi but not EVDO" on the Ampache mobile Common Issues wiki page.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTemplar View Post
    Just to make sure this doesn't have anything to do with the problem--if I'm behind a router & my localhost is the internal IP address of the computer that I used to set up ampache, how will I access my internal IP outside of the network? Should Ampache have been set up on my public IP?
    Good Question. First, Ampache should not set up your public IP. You need to setup port forwarding on your router.

Check out the section "Works on Wi-Fi but not EVDO" on the Ampache mobile Common Issues wiki page. You may also want to look at the Common Terms page at the wiki too, to get a better understanding of the terms used in port forwarding.
    Last edited by wilderf; 11/06/2009 at 09:51 AM.
    Thanks again for all of your help! I'll play around with it when I get home from work & hopefully get it up & running!
  19.    #679  
    Is it possible that there's some kind of memory leak in Ampache Mobile?
    I don't really think so. The app will definitely use a lot of memory as its caching all the lists it displays. Palm released a resource monitor for webos with the last API. I did some checking on version 0.6.0 of Ampache Mobile and I didn't find any leaks.

I haven't checked 0.7.0 yet and unfortunately the machine running my ampache server had a hardware failure this morning so I need to get that back up before I can do anymore work on the app .

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I don't really think so. The app will definitely use a lot of memory as its caching all the lists it displays. Palm released a resource monitor for webos with the last API. I did some checking on version 0.6.0 of Ampache Mobile and I didn't find any leaks.
    Alright.

Can I also request a feature that the "Previous Track" button doesn't go to the previous track on the first click and instead goes to the beginning of the song first? This is pretty standard on all music players and it allows you to easily repeat the song. Scrolling to the start also works, but that way it doesn't register as a replay (and thus last.fm doesn't count it as 2 plays).

The solution right now is to hit "Previous Track" and then "Next Track". Not a big deal, but it would be nice.