View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 33 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #641  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    On a fast connection, it acts as a hard cap (~10mb) on the file size that can be played. And the failure is anything but graceful, it'll restart the song after ~20-30 seconds over and over again.

I raised the timer to five minutes on mine, it would be nice if I could keep it at 20 seconds for EVDO.
    The intention is to restart a stalled stream that hasn't started playing. I need to figure out a way to disable the the restart once the track has started.

Edit: There must be something different between your setup and mine. I tested this with a 20MB track before releasing it and it worked fine.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    The intention is to restart a stalled stream that hasn't started playing. I need to figure out a way to disable the the restart once the track has started.

Edit: There must be something different between your setup and mine. I tested this with a 20MB track before releasing it and it worked fine.
    Looks like I have problems I didn't know about then.
  3.    #643  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    Looks like I have problems I didn't know about then.
    Could be. If its as bad as you are describing I doubt you would be the only one reporting it.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTemplar View Post
    Posted in the other Ampache thread & nobody has responded so I thought that I'd ask here:
    I'm having trouble on Step 2 of config - Creating the Ampache.cfg.php file. I've got the "OK for "amp...exists" but the following has an error. Any idea how I might remedy this?

Ampache.cfg.php Configured? [ ERROR ]
    I am not quite sure of your problem. Could you give more details?

In any case, take a look at install [Ampache :: Wiki] ... it might solve your question.
    Thanks - I finally managed to get ampache set up on my computer. Now I'm just trying to get it onto my Pre. The step-by-step document that fain posted on how to get amapache set up on windows worked on my Mac too.

Now, as far as getting it onto the Pre, I've opened Port 80 on my router & I've gotten an address from Dynds, but I'm still unable to access the address from my Pre or even from another computer. Any thing else I might try?
    Now, as far as getting it onto the Pre, I've opened Port 80 on my router & I've gotten an address from Dynds, but I'm still unable to access the address from my Pre or even from another computer. Any thing else I might try?
    As they say...you have to walk before you can run.

Questions:
    1. Can you access Ampache from the machine it is running on (i.e http:// localhost)? (I am guessing this works...but just checking)
    2. Can you access Ampache from another machine on your network (i.e. http://192.168.x.x) ?
    3. Can you access Ampache via Wifi from your Pre using the web browser (i.e. http://192.168.x.x)?
    4. Can you access Ampache via Wifi from your Pre using Ampache Mobile/Ampache Pre?
    5. Can you access your Ampache server from a computer on your network using your "public" IP address (i.e. http://xxx.dyndns.org/)?

I am guessing step 5 doesn't work, but everything else works. If so, check CommonIssues - ampache-mobile - Some pointers for common issues encountered while setting up ampache - Project Hosting on Google Code for some possible solutions.

Don't forget to check the log files on the Ampache Server. Search for "Enable Logging" on the "Common Issues" link page above for how to turn on log files.
    I have set up ampache and am able to connect via PC inside my network and via PC at work. SO I assume ampache is working. But for some reason I get the failed connection error from my pre. Any ideas??
    I'm having an issue getting a redirected web address to work. I've had ampache working on my pre for a few weeks and I decided I wanted to create a new domain from 1&1 and have it redirect to my working dyndns address so that I have a simpler address and no need to enter a port to get around my ISP's block on port 80.

Long story short, I can get the new domain to work properly when I log in from a web browser (even from the Pre's web browser); however, I cannot log in from Ampache Mobile. The Connection Test works (just says "OK"), but when I actually try to connect it says "Connection Error" and gives me the option to retry or change preferences.

I suppose I could just stick with my dyndns address, but I would really like to get this working. Have anyone gotten this to work or does anyone have an idea?
  9.    #649  
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingHippy View Post
    I'm having an issue getting a redirected web address to work. I've had ampache working on my pre for a few weeks and I decided I wanted to create a new domain from 1&1 and have it redirect to my working dyndns address so that I have a simpler address and no need to enter a port to get around my ISP's block on port 80.

Long story short, I can get the new domain to work properly when I log in from a web browser (even from the Pre's web browser); however, I cannot log in from Ampache Mobile. The Connection Test works (just says "OK"), but when I actually try to connect it says "Connection Error" and gives me the option to retry or change preferences.

I suppose I could just stick with my dyndns address, but I would really like to get this working. Have anyone gotten this to work or does anyone have an idea?
    PM me the address and I'll see if I can figure it out, something is wrong if it tells you ok then fails.

Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    As they say...you have to walk before you can run.

Questions:
    1. Can you access Ampache from the machine it is running on (i.e http:// localhost)? (I am guessing this works...but just checking)
    2. Can you access Ampache from another machine on your network (i.e. http://192.168.x.x) ?
    3. Can you access Ampache via Wifi from your Pre using the web browser (i.e. http://192.168.x.x)?
    4. Can you access Ampache via Wifi from your Pre using Ampache Mobile/Ampache Pre?
    5. Can you access your Ampache server from a computer on your network using your "public" IP address (i.e. http://xxx.dyndns.org/)?

I am guessing step 5 doesn't work, but everything else works. If so, check CommonIssues - ampache-mobile - Some pointers for common issues encountered while setting up ampache - Project Hosting on Google Code for some possible solutions.

Don't forget to check the log files on the Ampache Server. Search for "Enable Logging" on the "Common Issues" link page above for how to turn on log files.
    Thanks for all of the help. I can only access Ampache from the computer that I set it up on & none of the other computers within the network or outside of the network, nor my Pre. I can access it with the dyndns address on the computer who's IP address it is replacing, but that's it.
    Thanks for all of the help. I can only access Ampache from the computer that I set it up on & none of the other computers within the network or outside of the network, nor my Pre. I can access it with the dyndns address on the computer who's IP address it is replacing, but that's it.
    Sounds like a port issue. If you can't access it from other local computers on the same network, maybe it's a firewall rather than just a forwarding problem.
    Thanks for helping bjgeiser. I changed 1&1's forwarding method from Frame Redirect to HTTP Redirect and unfortunatley, I am still unable to connect. However, now when it fails the background changes to the webpage that comes up normally in a web browser.
  13.    #653  
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingHippy View Post
    Thanks for helping bjgeiser. I changed 1&1's forwarding method from Frame Redirect to HTTP Redirect and unfortunatley, I am still unable to connect. However, now when it fails the background changes to the webpage that comes up normally in a web browser.
    Now its sending down the login page and I throw the html in a box so users can figure out whats going on.

Do you own the domain? If so you could do a CNAME record and do a redirect in the ampache config file.

I'm actually in the middle of transfering the domain now from 1&1 to DynDNS. I was a little dissapointed that 1&1 didn't offer a dynamic DNS service, so I was thinking of switching anyway. My free domain with DynDNS works, so we'll see what happens once the transfer goes through. If it still doesn't work, I'll look in to setting up a CNAME record.
    Quote Originally Posted by XhabsfanX View Post
    I have set up ampache and am able to connect via PC inside my network and via PC at work. SO I assume ampache is working. But for some reason I get the failed connection error from my pre. Any ideas??
    1) Have you looked at the Ampache log files on your music server? Maybe there is something there. Search for "Enable Logging" on CommonIssues - ampache-mobile - Some pointers for common issues encountered while setting up ampache - Project Hosting on Google Code

2) What do your ACL rules look like? Could you have an ACL rule for the ip address range at work, but not the range that Sprint uses?

3) Are you able to go through port 80 on your router at home from the PC at work and other Internet addresses? If not, are you using the same port on your Pre when you try to access your music server via EVDO?

I have to go through another port (my ISP blocks port 80, so I use port 8080). I have to type http://169.14.12.87:8080 to access my Ampache server from the Internet?

4) Have you taken Ampache Pre out of the loop? Try to use the web browser on your Pre to access Ampache while on Wifi. If this works, turn off the Wifi on the Pre and try via EVDO.
    Thanks for the reply

1- I have followed the instructions on enabling logging (ie setting log level, debug to true etc..int he config file). It is not logging. Do I have to restart the ampache server somehow?? Is it an actualy server or just a web page on served by apache?? I did an apache restart. Still no logs

2- I turned ACL completely off in the config file. Still nothing.

3- I have a web server serving a hockeypool i wrote in PHP from my server at home so is completely setup for outside access. ISP allows port 80, linux firewall and router are open on that port from any IP. I have hit the ampache server through browser on 3 different pcs on 3 different networks and it works...

4- I tried stopping wifi and evdo still gets the connection error.

It is going to be something simple that I missed It is killing me.

I should mention, my apache log is showing the GET handshake in the access log but nothing else in any of the apache logs

Thanks again...any more??
    Thanks for the reply

1- I have followed the instructions on enabling logging (ie setting log level, debug to true etc..int he config file). It is not logging. Do I have to restart the ampache server somehow?? Is it an actualy server or just a web page on served by apache?? I did an apache restart. Still no logs

2- I turned ACL completely off in the config file. Still nothing.

3- I have a web server serving a hockeypool i wrote in PHP from my server at home so is completely setup for outside access. ISP allows port 80, linux firewall and router are open on that port from any IP. I have hit the ampache server through browser on 3 different pcs on 3 different networks and it works...

4- I tried stopping wifi and evdo still gets the connection error.

It is going to be something simple that I missed It is killing me.

I should mention, my apache log is showing the GET handshake in the access log but nothing else in any of the apache logs

Thanks again...any more??
    Ampache isnt a server just a php webpage no need to restart it. When you enable logging, set the directory the log goes in, and make sure that directory is writable by the web server. If your on ubuntu its called www-data

Make sure the acl is not turned off and set to allow all ampache users. You have to have a xml/rpc acl rule in order to use the xml api.
    Got the logs running, i see them go when I hit it from a browser but nothing when I hit it form my pre. In the access log of apache i get

GET /ampache/server/xml.server.php?action=handshake&auth=03465fa528b418be0677e59317f522c9d22e03db93ba269b874f91cb4da2a7b 0&timestamp=1257446095&version=350001&user=habsfan HTTP/1.1" 200 20 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.2; U; en-CA) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like Gecko)Version/1.0 Safari/525.27.1 Pre/1.0

then a few seconds later almost the same thing but it looks like it is trying to do a get on DOMAIN/ampache/index.php which I would think is a good thing, but the pre has already come up with the fail alert

I turned access control back on and am trying to add the ACL rule. Can you give a full example. I added the XML-RPC rule and for IP 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255 with all access and still same error

What am I missing??
  19.    #659  
    Got the logs running, i see them go when I hit it from a browser but nothing when I hit it form my pre. In the access log of apache i get

GET /ampache/server/xml.server.php?action=handshake&auth=03465fa528b418be0677e59317f522c9d22e03db93ba269b874f91cb4da2a7b 0&timestamp=1257446095&version=350001&user=habsfan HTTP/1.1" 200 20 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.2; U; en-CA) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like Gecko)Version/1.0 Safari/525.27.1 Pre/1.0

then a few seconds later almost the same thing but it looks like it is trying to do a get on DOMAIN/ampache/index.php which I would think is a good thing, but the pre has already come up with the fail alert

I turned access control back on and am trying to add the ACL rule. Can you give a full example. I added the XML-RPC rule and for IP 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255 with all access and still same error

What am I missing??
    What version of Ampache are you running? Should say on the bottom of the page on the Ampache Web page.

Here are my rules.

Code:
    Name	Start Address	End Address	Level	        User	Key	Type
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------	
    RPC	   0.0.0.0	255.255.255.255	Read/Write	All		API/RPC	  
    Streaming  0.0.0.0	255.255.255.255	Read/Write	All		Stream Access	  
    Web        0.0.0.0	255.255.255.255	Read/Write	All		Web Interface	  
    Local      127.0.0.1	127.0.0.2	Read/Write	All		Local Network Definition	  
    My Net     192.168.1.2	192.168.1.255	  All	        All		Local Network Definition