View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #621  
    Quote Originally Posted by benssson View Post
    Hm, upgraded from 0.6 to 0.7 today and now I can't stream anything. I can connect to my server and all the songs get listed but when I try to play a song the album art loads but the "loading wheel" just continually spins and the song duration count never changes from 00:00.

everything plays fine in AmpachPre...
    Can you turn on the stream debug in the preferences and report the sequence of events you see happening?
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  2.    #622  
    I'm a huge consumer of RSS feeds so I thought I'd create my own to let people know about news concerning Ampache Mobile and it's development.

I plan on announcing releases here as well as other fun stuff regarding Ampache and streaming music.

Ampache Mobile
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Cool. Added it to my google reader.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Hey bjgeiser, can you include that awesome blue/pink swirl background image that you use in your screenshots in the app. It looks awesome.
  5.    #625  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Hey bjgeiser, can you include that awesome blue/pink swirl background image that you use in your screenshots in the app. It looks awesome.
    Its already included. Go to backgrounds in the preferences screen. Tap "Image" then flip thru the included images.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Ah... it wasn't obvious that you could scroll through those. Thanks
  7.    #627  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Ah... it wasn't obvious that you could scroll through those. Thanks
    I'll throw some arrows up there.

Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Can you turn on the stream debug in the preferences and report the sequence of events you see happening?
    ok, done that. now, how do I view the debug log?
  9.    #629  
    It doesn't really create a log, just prints out what the Audio buffer is doing. It's on the now playing screen. So just attempt to play something and pay attention to what the messages at the bottom of the page are saying.

Another option: Check out the log file on the Ampache Music Server. If you have it turned on, it will log all the connections and errors it hits.

See the howto : enabling_logging at Ampache site
    Hi,
    playback of audio is broken in 0.7.0 for me, too.
    I tried enabling Stream Debugging, but where am I supposed to see the output of that?
    Only thing I can see in /var/log/messages is
    2009-11-01T11:13:47.341369Z [51552] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.ampachemobile: Error: Error: Cannot call method 'serviceRequest' of undefined, line undefined, file undefined, file:///var/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.ampachemobile/index.html:0

On the webserver I just see the request for the album image when starting the playback, there is no request for the audiofile.

Could it be that the app is using things that require a recent webOS? I have a european Pre, so I am still stuck with webOS 1.1.3 :/

Greets
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Error: Cannot call method 'serviceRequest' of undefined, line undefined, file undefined, file:///var/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.ampachemobile/index.html:0
    I have had trouble in the past with serviceRequest errors too. In my case, none of the applications that do audio streaming were working (i.e Podcaster, Pandora,..).

I had to pull the battery, count to 5, and do a reboot to fix the problem. I tried to just restart the java service, luna..but that did not fix it.

1) First, can you test other applications to see if they can do an audio stream?
    2) Can you try restarting the luna service and then testing AmpachePre?
    3) Can you try to remove the battery and see if this fixes your problem?
    Streaming music from a webpage works. Restarting Luna and removing the battery don't help.
    Also, if I downgrade to 0.6.0, 0.6.0 still works. But 0.7.0 wont.
    Last edited by noradtux; 11/01/2009 at 09:56 AM.
  14.    #634  
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Streaming music from a webpage works. Restarting Luna and removing the battery don't help.
    Also, if I downgrade to 0.6.0, 0.6.0 still works. But 0.7.0 wont.
    I think I know whats going on, and It's likely that because you are using 1.1.3 Ampache Mobile 0.7.0 won't work for you. The now playing architecture made me have to change a lot of stuff, I seem to recall some of the things I am doing in 0.7.0 didn't work prior to webos 1.2.

The service request failure is the bluetooth and headphone controls as the APIs for those where introduced with 1.2

EDIT: If it's a huge problem I can roll a "european" version of 0.7.0 minus the now playing feature. Wish you were able to update webos

Ok, so the problem seems to be found, I will go with 0.6.0 then. I think webOS 1.3 is expected this month, so I don't think it is worth the work to do a "european" version.

EDIT:
    I pulled the source from google-code and went to commit 200, i.e. the one just before these "Now Playing" changes. It works, so now I have at least the random-feature
    Last edited by noradtux; 11/01/2009 at 11:32 AM.
    Posted in the other Ampache thread & nobody has responded so I thought that I'd ask here:
    I'm having trouble on Step 2 of config - Creating the Ampache.cfg.php file. I've got the "OK for "amp...exists" but the following has an error. Any idea how I might remedy this?

Ampache.cfg.php Configured? [ ERROR ]
    bjg, are you going to leave the whole "reset the stream after being stalled for 20 seconds" thing in for good? Could you make it optional?
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    I just set it up properly over wifi. First time was a charm for me. No real luck wiht EVDO yet, but I am so happy it is working over wifi at this point that I don't care(yet).

I think I just need to open port 80 on my router.
  19.    #639  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    bjg, are you going to leave the whole "reset the stream after being stalled for 20 seconds" thing in for good? Could you make it optional?
    I have it in for now, and I've had it recover a stalled stream for me while driving so that was pretty nice. Probably I could make the timeout configurable, as on a 1x network it may present problems.

Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I have it in for now, and I've had it recover a stalled stream for me while driving so that was pretty nice. Probably I could make the timeout configurable, as on a 1x network it may present problems.
    On a fast connection, it acts as a hard cap (~10mb) on the file size that can be played. And the failure is anything but graceful, it'll restart the song after ~20-30 seconds over and over again.

I raised the timer to five minutes on mine, it would be nice if I could keep it at 20 seconds for EVDO.