View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 31 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    Ok, so the first bug I see is that a few video files from my server are populated onto the Random song list.

And as a separate issue, I haven't been able to stream anything for the past couple of releases. Apparently the connection my server has isn't good enough (it's on Clear WiMax in Atlanta, with 1mb advertised upload bandwidth) :/
    As a test...can you transcoding down to 48mb/s and see if that works? If not, how about 24mb/s...

I am not sure you would want to listen at that bitrate, but it would allow you to confirm it's a bandwidth issue rather than a configuration issue.

(I would think a 1mb upload would be good enough for decent sound...right)
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Would you mind walking me through transcoding? Is is as simple as setting the Transcode Bitrate to 48 and Transcoding to Always in the Ampache server streaming preferences? At the Admin level.

Cause if so, Its having no effect. Keeps saying Palm Audio Service failed after a circle spins for awhile.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I currently dont use transcoding to downsample. But most of the time I use it via wifi or a computer for now.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Would you mind walking me through transcoding? Is is as simple as setting the Transcode Bitrate to 48 and Transcoding to Always in the Ampache server streaming preferences? At the Admin level.

Cause if so, Its having no effect. Keeps saying Palm Audio Service failed after a circle spins for awhile.
    There's a previous post explaining how to setup transcoding... it is a little more in depth that changing a few settings... not sure the exact post though..
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.

I would start on the Ampache.org site: Here is the link:
    config:transcode [Ampache :: Wiki]

Then I would look at the post "http://forums.precentral.net/1868344-post235.html" (sorry...I can't get the post link tool to work properly on post in the same thread)

Things to remember:
    1. Use the Amapche log file...it can REALLY help you to figure out why things are not working.
    2. Transcoding tools are not installed as part of Apache/XAMMP. You must download and install them separately. If things are not working, look at the log file for the command ampache is running, copy it and try to run it on the command line.
    3. The ";" is a comment character in the ampache configuration file. Everything on the line after it is a comment and will not be executed. By default most transcoding commands are commented out -- they will not run.
    4. There are different "transcoding commands" for each type of file. As an example : to transcode mp3s, you use the tool "lame".
    5. You set the default sample rate on the Ampache Admin page-> streaming. It is called "Transcode Bitrate".
    6. This thread (and the one on AmpachPre) are getting long. Use the forum search tools to help you find more information on "transcoding". I use the "search this thread" tool on the forum menu bar all the time to find stuff I am looking for on a thread that is really long.
    Last edited by wilderf; 10/27/2009 at 04:46 PM.
  6.    #606  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    • This thread (and the one on AmpachPre) are getting long. Use the forum search tools to help you find more information on "transcoding". I use the "search this thread" tool on the forum menu bar all the time to find stuff I am looking for on a thread that is really long.
    Would any of the more knowledgeable people on the thread be interested in transferring some of the info on this thread to the google code wiki so there is an easy place to find it?

MainPage - ampache-mobile - Main wiki page - Project Hosting on Google Code

Its pretty horrible right now but it would be nice to have some common knowledge stored in one place that isn't 31 pages long.

PM me if you are interested and we can setup access.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 10/27/2009 at 01:54 PM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    I probably can help out with that, though not for a few days or so.

On that note, I set up ampache to transcode to AAC+ @ 64kbps for my pre, it sounds great. I can help anybody that wants to set up the same.
    I may have spoken too soon, I'm having incorrect duration issues with my AAC+ transcoding setup.
  9.    #609  
    I'm really excited about this release. Hope everyone likes it as much as I do.

Version 0.7.0 (Beta) (10/29/2009)
    • New Feature: Now Playing, now playing screen will now continue playing after navigating away from the now playing page
      • Any list of songs can be enqueued onto the end of the current playlist
      • Tap and Hold a song to add just that song
      • Delete the now playing list from any scene
      • TODO: Build a playlist editor to remove items from a list
    • New Feature: Random Music
      • Shuffle all Songs NOTE: This is using an documented method from the Ampache Server and does not allow for retrieval of song information.
      • Random Album Selector cover-flow like to allow random browsing
      • Artist, Albums, Songs of the moment lists
    • New Feature: Redesign of progress indicator for loading content, works the same as the web browser and you can cancel while loading at any point.
    • New Feature: Added the ability to e-mail the xml from problem tracks with corrupted tags to enable easier debug
    • Improvement: Auto restart stalled stream after 20 seconds of stalled state.
    • Improvement: Optimized all images included in the ipk making for a much smaller download.
      • NOTE: If you are using the included backgrounds you will need to reset
        your settings.
    • Improvement: Modified all icons to have the same look and feel.
    • Improvement: Spinner on now playing scene is now in the command menu and not covering up the cover art.
    • Improvement: Made restarting a partially downloaded list optional, button click continues download
    • Improvement: Removed all scene transitions makes the app much faster
    • Improvement: Fixed the buffering indicator
      • Can now move the slider outside the buffered part of a song and it will start the download from the point you dropped
      • If the start of the buffer has been deleted by the audio service it will now be displayed
      • Fixed the issue where it would resize itself and make the now playing screen jump around
    • Bug Fix: Added code to remove bad characters resulting in "unicode error" on the application side
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    bjgeiser, Keep up the good work! Thanks

rich
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Excellent update, love the Now Playing feature when navigating away and the random all as well

Just gotta figure out how to set up transcoding now.
    Last edited by DNic; 10/29/2009 at 07:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Seriously, bjgeiser. This is an AMAZING update. The App overall is much much smoother and faster. Shuffle all, while not perfect due to no album art, has fulfilled my most hoped for feature. Now Playing makes the app feel that much more of a robust media player.

And for some reason, I can stream again with this version. Not quite sure why (I tried a few things), but I'm not complaining!
  13.    #613  
    Seriously, bjgeiser. This is an AMAZING update. The App overall is much much smoother and faster. Shuffle all, while not perfect due to no album art, has fulfilled my most hoped for feature. Now Playing makes the app feel that much more of a robust media player.

And for some reason, I can stream again with this version. Not quite sure why (I tried a few things), but I'm not complaining!
    Thanks! I wish the shuffle was better, its basically an old school ipod shuffle at this point, zero indication of whats playing. On a side note if you are near a computer Ampache will tell you what song its playing so if you are ever wondering you can find out that way.

In the future I hope to figure out a better way to do shuffle all songs that allows for all the standard information to be displayed, but anything that requires pulling down more information will result in a slower shuffle all. One thing I like about this method is how fast it is.

WoW on this Update! The Now Playing and Random Play Works Great!

Thank you for a great App.
    Great update! Thanks.

On a sidenote, think I found a bug. Does Ampache mobile cache available playlists?

It is showing a playlist that someone created, but has since been deleted. If you login to the PC ampache - the playlist is not there, but it is in Mobile.

Thanks.
  16.    #616  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    Great update! Thanks.

On a sidenote, think I found a bug. Does Ampache mobile cache available playlists?

It is showing a playlist that someone created, but has since been deleted. If you login to the PC ampache - the playlist is not there, but it is in Mobile.

Thanks.
    No caching, it must still be in the server in some way shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    No caching, it must still be in the server in some way shape or form.
    Yea, my fault. It's just marked as private.

The app ignores privacy rules on the playlists.
    Another oddity. SOME of the songs played from the mobile client show in the recently played list (on the full website) with a blank user name. Some, show fine though.

Some weirdness there.
  19.    #619  
    Yea, my fault. It's just marked as private. The app ignores privacy rules on the playlists.
    I'd argue that the Ampache Server API ignores privacy rules since it's sending me that data.

Another oddity. SOME of the songs played from the mobile client show in the recently played list (on the full website) with a blank user name. Some, show fine though.

Some weirdness there.
    I noticed that today. It's the shuffle All songs. The link i am using is suppose to include a user id and i stripped that out since I have no idea what user ID your user is. I could do some extra wizardry to figure out the user ID but it will make the shuffle all slower to load when it's first tapped.

Hm, upgraded from 0.6 to 0.7 today and now I can't stream anything. I can connect to my server and all the songs get listed but when I try to play a song the album art loads but the "loading wheel" just continually spins and the song duration count never changes from 00:00.

everything plays fine in AmpachPre...