View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 53.87%
  • No

    137 46.13%
Page 30 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    Could you roll a new ipk version with a different name so I could have both?
    http://ampache-mobile.googlecode.com...0.6.10_all.ipk
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  2. #582  
    Thanks. I just installed it. I have to run some errands tonight, so I will give it a try.
  3. #583  
    wow...the "now playing" option is REALLY cool!
  4. #584  
    Are you planning to implement an option to enqueue only clicked song in album view? Right now we only have the option to "enqueue all songs".

    Very nice job on the new beta, by the way.
  5. #585  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    [*]Bug Fix: Added code to remove bad characters resulting in "unicode error"[/LIST]
    Does this in anyway alter the tag in the actual file on the server or does "remove" referr to removing something on the Ampache mobile side only leaving the original file unchanged? Thank you.
  6. #586  
    Can 0.6.10 be installed via Preware or fileCoaster or do I have to use WOSQI?
  7. #587  
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestrider View Post
    Can 0.6.10 be installed via Preware or fileCoaster or do I have to use WOSQI?
    I installed it via FileCoaster just fine.
  8.    #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnowdog View Post
    Are you planning to implement an option to enqueue only clicked song in album view? Right now we only have the option to "enqueue all songs".

    Very nice job on the new beta, by the way.
    Try filtering the list (type the name of the song you want). Then tapping that song should give you some extra options. I'll look into adding a "Add this song" option, but i dont want that list to get too long.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 10/25/2009 at 08:05 PM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  9.    #589  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    Does this in anyway alter the tag in the actual file on the server or does "remove" referr to removing something on the Ampache mobile side only leaving the original file unchanged? Thank you.
    Its just on Ampache Mobile, I don't do anything (to the server) other than read info from the server. I think there may be some scripts available from the Ampache project to clean up the server.

    Edit: I should say I have been been unable to reproduce the server problems ppl are having so this code is a bit untested, if you know you have issues with your server I'd love access so I can test out this new code.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 10/25/2009 at 08:11 PM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  10. #590  
    Is there anyway to delete the "now playing" list in the new Beta?
  11.    #591  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    Is there anyway to delete the "now playing" list in the new Beta?
    Right now go back at the main menu and click the red button. Says "stop music" but it will delete the list. I'll add an option to the application menu.
  12. #592  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Its just on Ampache Mobile, I don't do anything (to the server) other than read info from the server. I think there may be some scripts available from the Ampache project to clean up the server.

    Edit: I should say I have been been unable to reproduce the server problems ppl are having so this code is a bit untested, if you know you have issues with your server I'd love access so I can test out this new code.
    I was just concerned that "remove bad characters" may have meant actually changing my tags. As long as it doesn't do that i'm fine.
  13. #593  
    I've got a pretty big problem with the beta. For some reason, Ampache Mobile refuses to load more than five minutes of a song at once. This wasn't a huge problem before but now it looks like the program thinks that the stream is stalled and decides to restart it after ~20 seconds. This puts it into an infinite loop where you just end up hearing the first 20 seconds of the song over and over.

    This should only be an issue on fast connections where you actually run into that five minute limit quickly.
  14.    #594  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    I've got a pretty big problem with the beta. For some reason, Ampache Mobile refuses to load more than five minutes of a song at once. This wasn't a huge problem before but now it looks like the program thinks that the stream is stalled and decides to restart it after ~20 seconds. This puts it into an infinite loop where you just end up hearing the first 20 seconds of the song over and over.

    This should only be an issue on fast connections where you actually run into that five minute limit quickly.
    So let me get this straight.... if the song is over 5 minutes long it buffers up to 5 minutes worth then stalls. Which causes my reload stalled buffer code to restart the track? Did you verify with the stream debug mode turned on? The 5 minute limit is likey something that WebOS does as I don't have any code in my app to do this.

    EDIT: Also do you have transcoding turned on? The limit is probably with the amount of memory consumed to load a track, transcoding will result in less memory consumption.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 10/26/2009 at 10:23 AM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  15. #595  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    So let me get this straight.... if the song is over 5 minutes long it buffers up to 5 minutes worth then stalls. Which causes my reload stalled buffer code to restart the track? Did you verify with the stream debug mode turned on? The 5 minute limit is likey something that WebOS does as I don't have any code in my app to do this.

    EDIT: Also do you have transcoding turned on? The limit is probably with the amount of memory consumed to load a track, transcoding will result in less memory consumption.
    I'll verify it with stream debug mode when I get home.

    I'm pretty sure that the memory/time limit is a WebOS issue. Turning transcoding on could help for borderline cases but I have numerous tracks that are over ten or twelve minutes long; if a five minute track @ 256 kbps is too big, a 10 minute track @ 128 kbps is still going to be too big. Not to mention that this is only an issue on the local network which is the one place where I shouldn't have to sacrifice quality.

    The limit I'm running into isn't a new thing; a few weeks ago I tried concatenating a whole album into one file so that I could hopefully buffer it on my walk to the subway and listen to it on the subway (with no connection). I had zero luck, the player would load five minutes and stop. If I played the album all the way through and scrubbed back to the beginning, the bar would empty and the buffering would begin again.
  16. #596  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    I've got a pretty big problem with the beta. For some reason, Ampache Mobile refuses to load more than five minutes of a song at once. This wasn't a huge problem before but now it looks like the program thinks that the stream is stalled and decides to restart it after ~20 seconds. This puts it into an infinite loop where you just end up hearing the first 20 seconds of the song over and over.

    This should only be an issue on fast connections where you actually run into that five minute limit quickly.
    hmm...I am not seeing this.

    I just tested with a connection via WiFi on "low spark of high heeled boys" (10+ min song). It played all 10+ minutes and went to the next song on the playlist as expected. I am transcoding to 96mb/sec.

    mbetter: do you want to try "low spark" on you pre? I could create an account on my Ampache server (wouldn't be a fast connection as compared to wifi) or even better we could try linking Ampache Servers...

    Send me a private message.
    Last edited by wilderf; 10/26/2009 at 11:00 AM.
  17.    #597  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    I'll verify it with stream debug mode when I get home.

    I'm pretty sure that the memory/time limit is a WebOS issue. Turning transcoding on could help for borderline cases but I have numerous tracks that are over ten or twelve minutes long; if a five minute track @ 256 kbps is too big, a 10 minute track @ 128 kbps is still going to be too big. Not to mention that this is only an issue on the local network which is the one place where I shouldn't have to sacrifice quality.

    The limit I'm running into isn't a new thing; a few weeks ago I tried concatenating a whole album into one file so that I could hopefully buffer it on my walk to the subway and listen to it on the subway (with no connection). I had zero luck, the player would load five minutes and stop. If I played the album all the way through and scrubbed back to the beginning, the bar would empty and the buffering would begin again.
    I transcode my stuff down to 96kbps which is why I was unaware of this, I'd recommend it the audio quality is actually still quite good (better than FM in my car). That said it looks like i need to go back into the streaming code and do a few updates, as I made some incorrect assumptions.

    Have I ever mentioned how horrible the documentation is around audio streaming? 90% of what you have today is due to trial and error.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  18. #598  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I transcode my stuff down to 96kbps which is why I was unaware of this, I'd recommend it the audio quality is actually still quite good (better than FM in my car). That said it looks like i need to go back into the streaming code and do a few updates, as I made some incorrect assumptions.

    Have I ever mentioned how horrible the documentation is around audio streaming? 90% of what you have today is due to trial and error.
    I hear you on the lack of documentation; all of my excursions into WebOS development have ended in bitter clouds of undocumented failure. In this particular case, I'm curious as to whether this memory limit is a per Audio() object limit, a per application limit or a global WebOS limit. If it's one of the latter two cases, look ahead buffering may be less useful than previously thought.

    Another little issue: in the random screen, it appears that you load the art for the selected album only. Would it be possible to load the art for the albums on either side of the current album so that there is no delay when switching? I haven't looked at the code yet, not sure what that would entail.
  19.    #599  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    I hear you on the lack of documentation; all of my excursions into WebOS development have ended in bitter clouds of undocumented failure. In this particular case, I'm curious as to whether this memory limit is a per Audio() object limit, a per application limit or a global WebOS limit. If it's one of the latter two cases, look ahead buffering may be less useful than previously thought.
    I think the limit is with the Audio object. So I still have hope for buffer ahead, I've had it working before. It's just going to require a lot of work to get it as stable as I'd like before I release it. The Now Playing stuff took about 8 hours of programming work to get it to the point its at in the beta.

    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    Another little issue: in the random screen, it appears that you load the art for the selected album only. Would it be possible to load the art for the albums on either side of the current album so that there is no delay when switching? I haven't looked at the code yet, not sure what that would entail.
    That was the way I originally had it unfortunately the ImageView widget will not let you flick to the next image until the art work is loaded So the blank artwork was a trade off for speed. Also it only lets you do three images at a time. It could definately be better but its a good start. I've put in a request with Ampache to provide smaller cover art from the server so hopefully in the future it will load faster.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  20. Maturin's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #600  
    Ok, so the first bug I see is that a few video files from my server are populated onto the Random song list.

    And as a separate issue, I haven't been able to stream anything for the past couple of releases. Apparently the connection my server has isn't good enough (it's on Clear WiMax in Atlanta, with 1mb advertised upload bandwidth) :/

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions