View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 29 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233343979 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    Ampache runs on top of Apache/XAMPP. Step 1 shows that Apache is working locally. Step 3 shows that you can't access Apache from a remote machine. I wish you had a second computer to try on step 2... that would tell us if it was a pre problem...

Based on the above, it looks like a firewall issue. Can you turn off the firewall running on your laptop and do steps 1 & 3 again?

Don't worry about testing any steps above step 3 until you get step 3 working.

BTW: If you have the terminal program installed on you pre...try this: ping <my_laptop_ip>. This will tell you if the network connection is working between the pre and your laptop. You have to have a network connection or Step 3 will never work. See ping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ok I disabled Windows Firewall and now I can get to both sites (xampp & ampache) with my Pre, so which exception would I need to add?

I got music streaming to the Pre with Ampache Mobile over WiFi but first it said I needed to add a RPC ACL... is it ok if it is setup like this:

acl.PNG

To get it to work with EvDO do I need to have a DynDNS address and setup port forwarding on my router (I believe my public IP is static)? How is this done?

EDIT:
    1.) Does anyone know if I can add an internet radio station as a .pls instead of a .m3u on Ampache?
    2.) Is there anyway to have my laptop to sleep/hibernate like normal but allow my Pre to wake it up for streaming (my laptop is hardwired to LAN and on AC power 80% of the time)
    3.) If I need to reboot do I just load up the XAMPP control panel and start all the services?
    Last edited by Firestrider; 10/22/2009 at 01:16 PM.
    Blah, so after playing around a bit, which included turning off the firewall, I can't connect on my Pre, whenever I try I get Error Loading Page [115] or [111](before the firewall was turned off).

I can connect to it through my main computer, my laptop and my PS3 (all local), but my Pre will not. I'm guessing that means the problem is on the Pre side?
  3.    #563  
    I'd like to take a second to thank the people that have taken it upon themselves to help others get this working. I don't have a ton of time to help everyone, if I did you guys would never get any new features. So THANKS!
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestrider View Post
    Ok I disabled Windows Firewall and now I can get to both sites (xampp & ampache) with my Pre, so which exception would I need to add?
    Ampache runs on top of Apache/XAMMP. By default, Apache should be listening on Port 80. You can confirm it is listening on port 80 by view the Apache configuration file and search for the "Listen" option.

You should make an exception rule for your firewall for port 80.
    To get it to work with EvDO do I need to have a DynDNS address and setup port forwarding on my router (I believe my public IP is static)? How is this done?
    First: a router has a "public" and a "private" IP address. The "pubilic" IP address it on the Internet side of your router. The "private" IP address is on the inside of your router. You may need to set up a dynamic domain name that points to your "public" IP address.

No, you do not need to use a DynDNS if you have a static public IP address on your router. Most people do not have a static IP address...their ISP changes it from time to time. You can just use http://[static IP address] to access your router. You may want to use DynDNS domain name: I think a name is easier to remember than a string of numbers.

If your address changes from time to time, you should get a dynamic domain name. Here are the basic steps:
    1. If you are using a router, you will probable need to perform port forwarding on your router. Take a look at this post for some info on port forwarding.
    2. Register your dynamic domain name at DynDNS.
    3. Configure your router to automatically update the IP address for your new dynamic domain name.
    4. Test your new dynamic domain name.

See this page at DynDNS for a bunch of how to's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestrider View Post
    1.) Does anyone know if I can add an internet radio station as a .pls instead of a .m3u on Ampache?
    2.) Is there anyway to have my laptop to sleep/hibernate like normal but allow my Pre to wake it up for streaming (my laptop is hardwired to LAN and on AC power 80% of the time)
    3.) If I need to reboot do I just load up the XAMPP control panel and start all the services?
    1) I don't know...can you try it and post your results? You can always check the forums at Ampache Home Page

2) In theory yes. It's called "wake-on-lan". See this link. Let us know if you can get it to work.

Another option is to find an old computer, install Ubuntu/Ampache on it. I just upgraded my 1999 RedHat Linux Ampache server to a 2005 machine. It works great with Ubuntu.

3) You can do it manually or you can configure it to automatically start. Check out the docs at apache friends for your OS. For windows, look for "Installing a particular server as as service".
    Last edited by wilderf; 10/22/2009 at 07:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by llamaegg View Post
    Blah, so after playing around a bit, which included turning off the firewall, I can't connect on my Pre, whenever I try I get Error Loading Page [115] or [111](before the firewall was turned off).

I can connect to it through my main computer, my laptop and my PS3 (all local), but my Pre will not. I'm guessing that means the problem is on the Pre side?
    Things to check/try while Pre is in Wifi mode:

• Try to connect via a different wireless device (is your main computer, laptop or PS3 wireless?)
    • Make sure your Pre is connecting to the correct wireless network. My neighbor has an open wireless network. Depending on where I am in my house, my pre wants to connect to his wireless network over mine.
    • Download "what is my IP" for the pre. Make sure your Pre has a valid IP address that works in your local network. Example: my router has a "private" ip address of 192.168.1.1. When I have Wifi turned on, my Pre has an address like 192.168.1.103 .
    • Download the "terminal" program for the pre. Try opening up a terminal session on the pre and typing "ping [ip address of music server]. Does the pre "see" the music server?
    • Have you checked the logs on the Ampache server? What do they say when you successfully connect? What about when the pre tries to connect?

Once you confirm your Pre can connect via Wifi, you can turn off Wifi and try a EVDO connection. You will probable have to play with your router to get it working in EVDO mode.
    1) I don't know...can you try it and post your results? You can always check the forums at Ampache Home Page

2) In theory yes. It's called "wake-on-lan". See this link. Let us know if you can get it to work.

Another option is to find an old computer, install Ubuntu/Ampache on it. I just upgraded my 1999 RedHat Linux Ampache server to a 2005 machine. It works great with Ubuntu.

3) You can do it manually or you can configure it to automatically start. Check out the docs at apache friends for your OS. For windows, look for "Installing a particular server as as service".
    Thanks for all your help wilderf!

I got it working outside my local network now by using that port forwarding method in your post.

Wake-On-LAN works but only if the computer is sleeping (not hibernating) and if the NIC does not require the magic packet. This is fine for me since I can just disable hibernation. I think sending the magic packet is dependent on the client (Ampache Mobile).

I just got to look into transcoding (only if it saves battery life on the Pre) and maybe static map my laptop.
    I'm having some trouble getting ampache to downsample my mp3s. I've tried everything I can think to do. I'm running Windows 7 with the latest version of xampp and ampache 3.5.1. I also have the lame codec in the right place. No matter what I try I get the media_err_decode message on my Palm Pre. Please help! I love this software, but without transcoding, playback on my Pre studders pretty bad outside of my local network.

I essentially copied the method described in this post: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1868344

Here is the config file:
    Code:
    ; Downsample Remote
    ; If this is set to true and access control is on any users who are not
    ; coming from a defined 'network' ACL will be automatically downsampled
    ; regardless of their preferences. Requires access_control to be enabled
    ; DEFAULT: false
    downsample_remote = "true"
    Code:
    ; List of filetypes to transcode
    ;transcode_m4a 		= true
    transcode_m4a_target 	= mp3 
    ;transcode_flac 	= true
    transcode_flac_target	= mp3
    transcode_mp3  	= false
    transcode_mp3_target	= mp3
    ;transcode_ogg 		= false
    transcode_ogg_target	= ogg

; These are the commands that will be run to transcode the file
    ;transcode_cmd_flac 	= "flac -dc %FILE% | lame -b %SAMPLE% -S - - "
    ;transcode_cmd_m4a 	= "C:\audio\faad -f 2 -w %FILE% | C:\audio\lame -r -x -b %SAMPLE% -S - -"
    ;transcode_cmd_mp3	= "C:\xampplite\htdocs\ampache\var\mp3splt -qnf %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% -o - | C:\xampplite\htdocs\ampache\var\lame --mp3input -q 3 -b %SAMPLE% -S - -"
    ;transcode_cmd_ogg   	= "oggsplt -qn %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% -o - | oggdec -Q -o - - | lame -S -q 3 -b %SAMPLE% -S - -"

; Alternative command works better for some people
    ;transcode_cmd_m4a       =  "alac %FILE% | lame -h -b %SAMPLE% -S - -"
    ;transcode_cmd_ogg   	= "mp3splt -qn %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% -o - | oggdec -Q -o - - | lame -S -q 3 -b %SAMPLE% -S - -"
    ;transcode_cmd_flac	= "flac -dc %FILE% | lame -rb %SAMPLE% -S - -"

; This line seems to work better for windows, switch if needed
    transcode_cmd_mp3	= "C:\xampplite\htdocs\ampache\var\lame -q 3 -b %SAMPLE% -S %FILE% - -"
    and the log file:
    Code:
    2009-10-23 00:35:49 [fabninja] (PHP Error) -> [Error] Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in file C:\xampplite\htdocs\ampache\play\index.php(229) 
    2009-10-23 00:35:49 [ampache] (PHP Error) -> [Error] Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in file C:\xampplite\htdocs\ampache\play\index.php(229) 
    2009-10-23 00:35:49 [fabninja] (Downsample) -> Network Downsample 173.116.249.212 is not in Local definition 
    2009-10-23 00:35:49 [fabninja] (Downsample) -> Starting Downsample... 
    2009-10-23 00:35:49 [fabninja] (downsample) -> Error: Downsample command missing a varaible values are File:1 Offset:0 Eof:0 Sample:1 
    2009-10-23 00:35:49 [fabninja] (downsample) -> Start Downsample: C:\xampplite\htdocs\ampache\var\lame -q 3 -b 128 -S "C:\Users\MediaCenter\Music\Amy Macdonald - This is the Life\Amy MacDonald - 01 - Mr. Rock & Roll.mp3" - - 
    2009-10-23 00:35:49 [fabninja] (Play) -> Starting stream of C:\Users\MediaCenter\Music\Amy Macdonald - This is the Life\Amy MacDonald - 01 - Mr. Rock & Roll.mp3 with size 3483626 
    2009-10-23 00:35:49 [fabninja] (Play) -> 0 of 3483626 streamed, less than 1741813 not collecting stats 
    2009-10-23 00:35:49 [fabninja] (Play) -> Stream Ended at 0 bytes out of 3483626
    Last edited by Fabninja; 10/23/2009 at 02:55 AM.
    You gotta take out the semicolon's boss.

That comments out your transcode lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabninja View Post
    I'm having some trouble getting ampache to downsample my mp3s. I've tried everything I can think to do. I'm running Windows 7 with the latest version of xampp and ampache 3.5.1. I also have the lame codec in the right place. No matter what I try I get the media_err_decode message on my Palm Pre. Please help! I love this software, but without transcoding, playback on my Pre studders pretty bad outside of my local network
    I don't think the tools needed for down sampling are installed with Apache/XAMPP/Ampache by default.

Did you install lame too?

To check:

What happens when you bring up a DOS window (Start->Run->cmd.exe) and type the following on the command line?

C:\xampplite\htdocs\ampache\var\lame -q 3 -b 128 -S "C:\Users\MediaCenter\Music\Amy Macdonald - This is the Life\Amy MacDonald - 01 - Mr. Rock & Roll.mp3" - -

You may want to check out this post for more information on Transcoding...
    "http://forums.precentral.net/1868344-post235.html"

(I tried to put a link in for the above URL, but the forum tool kept messing up the link and it wouldn't work. You have to copy the above URL and paste it to use it )
    Last edited by wilderf; 10/23/2009 at 09:35 AM.
    • My main computer and PS3 are both connected through line while my laptop is set up as wireless.
    • My Pre is currently connected through my own connection.
    • My Pre has the exact same IP as my computer.
    • Terminal comes up with
      PING 172.16.1.66 (172.16.1.66): 56 data bytes
    • When I connect my access logs update successfully, but it seems when I try on my phone neither the access or the error logs come up with anything.

So, I'm even more lost then before considering that when I look at both the access and the error logs it doesn't seem like the Pre is even remotely accessing the site.
    I don't think the tools needed for down sampling are installed with Apache/XAMPP/Ampache by default.

Did you install lame too?
    wilderf I think I love you! I use lame all the time and I should've thought of that. I had it installed, but it was in a folder called lame so the command wasn't being executed. It's now running smoothly. I knew it had to be something simple like that. Thank you wilderf. I was about to kick my cats in frustration.
    • My main computer and PS3 are both connected through line while my laptop is set up as wireless.
    • My Pre is currently connected through my own connection.
    • My Pre has the exact same IP as my computer.
    This could be your problem. All devices on a network MUST have unique IP address or things don't work right.

Does your music server have a static IP address? Is it in the range that your DHCP server uses?

• Terminal comes up with
    This is another possible problem. When you execute a "ping [ip address of music server]" command you should see something like this:
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Frank>ping 192.168.1.1

Pinging 192.168.1.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.1:
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 1ms
    • When I connect my access logs update successfully, but it seems when I try on my phone neither the access or the error logs come up with anything.
    If you don't see anything in the access logs, it means you are not connecting to the server.
    Finally got a different IP for my Pre, but using "ping 172.16.1.66" still doesn't come back with a response.

I also tried the same thing on my laptop (pinging my main computer's IP) and I get;

Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Packets sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)
    So I'm guessing the problem is currently with my router?
    Finally got a different IP for my Pre, but using "ping 172.16.1.66" still doesn't come back with a response.

I also tried the same thing on my laptop (pinging my main computer's IP) and I get;

So I'm guessing the problem is currently with my router?
    I am not sure. Could be routing tables...could be a firewall issue (some firewall block ping request too).

Can you log on to your router and look at the DHCP lease table. Do the main computer, PS3, laptop and Pre show up in the table?

Can you ping your router (I am guessing it's at 172.16.1.1)?

Can you ping your pre?
    Last edited by wilderf; 10/23/2009 at 10:57 PM.
  17.    #577  
    I'm in need of some people to put this new release thru its paces. I added a real now playing screen and as such I had to change just about every file in the program. So try it out and let me know what you think. If all goes well I'll put it in the app catalog in a couple days as 0.7.0, until I do you'll have to use WebOS Quick Install to load the ipk or copy and paste one of these links into filecoaster.

Install over the top of 0.6.0
    http://ampache-mobile.googlecode.com...0.6.10_all.ipk

Along side current stable release
    http://ampache-mobile.googlecode.com...0.6.10_all.ipk

Version 0.6.10 (Aka 0.7.0 Beta 1) (10/25/2009)
    • New Feature: Random Music
    • New Feature: Now Playing, app will now continue playing after navigating away from the now playing page
      • Any list of songs can be en queued onto the end of the current playlist
    • New Feature: Redesign of progress indicator for loading content, works the same as the web browser and you can cancel while loading at any point.
    • New Feature: Added the ability to e-mail the xml from problem tracks with corrupted tags to enable easier debug
    • Improvement: Auto restart stalled stream after 20 seconds of stalled state.
    • Bug Fix: Added code to remove bad characters resulting in "unicode error"
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 10/25/2009 at 08:11 PM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Wow..you have been busy.

Thanks for doing all of this!

Is there anyway to rename this "beta" version. I would like to try it out, but If I have a lot of problems, I would like to be able to switch back to the working current version 0.6.0.
  19.    #579  
    Wow..you have been busy.

Thanks for doing all of this!

Is there anyway to rename this "beta" version. I would like to try it out, but If I have a lot of problems, I would like to be able to use the working current version.
    You should be able to reinstall the current working version over the top of the beta, or i could roll a new ipk version with a different name so you could have both.

Could you roll a new ipk version with a different name so I could have both?