View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 53.87%
  • No

    137 46.13%
Page 26 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 1750
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #501  
    Gah, I'm experiencing the same error message, and I'm using the same directory I had just used before, only now instead of having a bunch of files in the named directory, i have a folder structure of artist/album/tracks.mp3... I've tried so many ways to get it to work again. I've set all permissions to 777.
    The most I get out of it is the creation of an empty catalog =S


    SOLUTION: After browsing Ampache's forums I found a thread similar to mine that had been solved a month back; the way around this is to, while logged into the ampache GUI as admin, click on Ampache Debug which is located under Other Tools on the left pane (after hitting the admin tab at top of pane). The first value you should see is labeled "Prefix"; that is the TRUE root path of your ampache installation. Use that relative path when creating your catalog.

    Example: my ampache installation is on my domain at http://www.lordrhythm.com/ampache, and within ampache is a folder titled music, however if I used either "http://www.lordrhythm.com/ampache/music" or "music/" it would not work. Using just the prefix and adding "/music" at the end works beautifully.
    Example 2: same ampache installation, media located at http://www.lordrhythm.com/mp3. Simple! Using the same prefix, we of course take off the "/ampache" at the end, and add "/mp3".

    Hope this helps anyone in similar situations.
    Last edited by LordRhythm; 10/12/2009 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Found solution, posting back for it
  2. #502  
    I just set this up today. Thank You so much. I was using orb but this is 100 times better.
  3. azdevo2c's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    Sure...if I understand your question correctly...

    Go to DynDNS.com: Free DNS Hosting, E-mail Delivery, and VPS Hosting and register your ampache server on one of their free "Dynamic DNS .com" servers. (Example: ampache.gotdns.com)

    I think that is how most of us get to our Ampache servers via EVDO.
    Thanks for the reply.

    However, don't you still have to enter the port and "/ampache" like "example.gotdns.org:888/ampache"? I am trying to accomplish something where I go to a standard web address like "www.whatever.com" and it goes straight to my ampache server sign in. Is that possible?
  4. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by azdevo2c View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

    However, don't you still have to enter the port and "/ampache" like "example.gotdns.org:888/ampache"? I am trying to accomplish something where I go to a standard web address like "www.whatever.com" and it goes straight to my ampache server sign in. Is that possible?
    yes.. you can set up a dns and then a second one to redirect...

    car insurance credit card application at whatever.com would then redirect to example.gotdns.org:888/ampache
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  5. #505  
    As far as remote control, installing something like MPD and using a mobile client like ipodmp is my solution. Then you can control your music remotely from any web browser, not just your phone.
  6. #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by azdevo2c View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

    However, don't you still have to enter the port and "/ampache" like "example.gotdns.org:888/ampache"? I am trying to accomplish something where I go to a standard web address like "www.whatever.com" and it goes straight to my ampache server sign in. Is that possible?
    I have done something like this at home. I had to modify both the amapche configuration file and my apache web server configuration file.

    (This is on an Ubuntu 9.04 system)

    I edited my ampache config file (/etc/ampache/ampache.cfg.php) and changed the line :
    Code:
      web_path = "/ampache"
    to
       web_path = ""
    I then edited my apache configuration file on Ubuntu (/etc/apache2/sites-available/default).

    In the <VirtualHost *:80> section:
    - I changed the line :
    Code:
        DocumentRoot /var/www/
    to 
        DocumentRoot /usr/share/ampache/www  
    (this is where ampache is installed...look for the index.php file)
    -added the following at the end of the file:
    Code:
        <Directory /usr/share/ampache/www>                                                                                              
            Options FollowSymLinks                                                                                                      
            AllowOverride Limit Options FileInfo                                                                                        
        </Directory>
    Last, I delete the soft link /etc/apache2/conf.d/ampache file. It linked to /etc/ampache/ampache.conf

    I used to have to type :
    now I can just type

    Note :
    I still need the ":8080" because my ISP blocks port 80. I set up a rule on my router to redirect all port 8080 traffic to port 80.

    If my ISP was not blocking port 80, then http://mymusicserver.dyndns.org would work.

    I know you can pay for a DNS address that will allow you to re-direct a hostname:80 to whatever hostname & port you want. I just don't think you can do this for free at dyndns.org.
  7. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #507  
    actually I have a dyndns that does redirect and its free. I use it to go to a specific folder/site so instead of typing "http://myserver.dyndns.org:8081/ampache-3.5.1" I can type
    "http://myserver2.dyndyns.org" and it will redirect.

    You can pay for a domain name such as "http://www.yourserver.com" it should only cost no more than 30/yr? and then dyndns.org can redirect it to your ip address and port number.
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  8. #508  
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    actually I have a dyndns that does redirect and its free. I use it to go to a specific folder/site so instead of typing "http://myserver.dyndns.org:8081/ampache-3.5.1" I can type
    "http://myserver2.dyndyns.org" and it will redirect.

    You can pay for a domain name such as "http://www.yourserver.com" it should only cost no more than 30/yr? and then dyndns.org can redirect it to your ip address and port number.
    My easy-to-remember URL (myserver.dyndns.org) points to the public side of my router. The public side of my router has a dynamic IP address that my ISP keeps changing.

    How do you do a redirect with dyndns.org to a ever-changing IP address?

    I see the option for "Service Type:WebHop Redirect" on the Add New Hostname page at dyndns ... but WebHop redirects to another URL and not an IP address.

    I guess you could create 2 URLs at dyndns.org. The first one (link1.dyndns.org) using "WebHop Redirect" points to the second one (link2.dyndns.org:8080/ampache) which then points to a dynamic IP address...
    Last edited by wilderf; 10/14/2009 at 09:24 PM.
  9. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    My easy-to-remember URL (myserver.dyndns.org) points to the public side of my router. The public side of my router has a dynamic IP address that my ISP keeps changing.

    How do you do a redirect with dyndns.org to a ever-changing IP address?

    I see the option for "Service Type:WebHop Redirect" on the Add New Hostname page at dyndns ... but WebHop redirects to another URL and not an IP address.

    I guess you could create 2 URLs at dyndns.org. The first one (link1.dyndns.org) using "WebHop Redirect" points to the second one (link2.dyndns.org:8080/ampache) which then points to a dynamic IP address...
    That's exactly what I did... and it works. Except at work where they block access to any port but 80 and my isp blocks port 80... Just need to find somewhere willing to let me set up a private proxy server....
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  10. Yakadan's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #510  
    Okay, I can create a catalog if I use the prefix, but there's no music at all. Whenever I try the direct path to my music "/Users/.../Music/iTunes" it says that it cannot be read or does not exist. I have gone into the terminal and done chmod 755 and 777 after the former did nothing. I tried putting a folder alias in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ampache and then direct the catalog path there, but it just creates an empty catalog.

    Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
  11.    #511  
    Version 0.6.0 (Beta) (10/15/2009)
    • New Feature: Genre Browser
    • Performance Improvement: Entire app has been optimized using dburmans new optimizer, should make it snappier
    • Performance Improvement: Speed improvements to list loading
    • Performance Improvement: Pending Ampache Server Requests canceled when navigated away from
    • Improvement: Using real published APIs for bluetooth and headset controls
      • Headset Controls are as follows: Double Click: Next Track, Click: Play/pause, Click and Hold: Prev Track
      • Bluetooth has been updated to the new API, untested so check it out.
    • Improvement: Connection Cancel Button
    • Improvement: Artist Albums Scene allows grabbing all songs from 1 artist.
    • Improvement: Filtered songs lists now have have intelligent options. Giving you the option to play filtered songs or all songs.
    • Bug Fix: Filtered Songs list pushed to now playing fixed
    • Bug Fix: Found bug in ampache global search, added work around
    • Bug fix: Fixed problem if you pressed next at the last item your song would fail to load
    • Bug fix: Infinity NaN:NaN in now playing should be gone now, pesky bug
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 10/15/2009 at 10:59 PM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  12. sillydino's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #512  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakadan View Post
    Okay, I can create a catalog if I use the prefix, but there's no music at all. Whenever I try the direct path to my music "/Users/.../Music/iTunes" it says that it cannot be read or does not exist. I have gone into the terminal and done chmod 755 and 777 after the former did nothing. I tried putting a folder alias in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ampache and then direct the catalog path there, but it just creates an empty catalog.

    Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
    I don't think the ampache folder scraper will work with the cloogey itunes folder structure. Are you pretty much stuck with itunes at this point?
  13. #513  
    Just wanted to thank all of the posts. I am usually pretty good with computers, but I needed every posts I could find to get this to work. And it took about 8 hours (8 p.m. to 4 a.m.) to get it running correctly and then subsequent testing while on the way to work (riding bus and listening to Marvin Gaye with no MP3s on my Palm Pre). I am very impressed with the streaming. There is a little lag, but that is due to the information being passed. The instructions were good, a couple of glitches, but if you have a little intuition, you can make the jump and complete the steps.

    The biggest issue was working with my router to allow access so that my phone would be able to access the computer. This was a step that if you do not have a working idea of the router and how to work a DNS and the port, you will get hammered I spent 4 hours configuring the router, and hopefully I didn't screw up the internet connection. But at 3:43 a.m., i was able to get Ampache to play songs. Then I had an issue with the songs I was adding. kept saying that I exceeded the memory. Spent and extra 40 minutes trying to figure out that issue, and I think I got it fixed because I have over 500 songs and access to them all

    Gents, keep up the good work and if I can aid anyone in this endeavor, do not hesitate to send posts.

    Next step --- Google voice. Just received my account and going to ready up of the application.
  14. Yakadan's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by sillydino View Post
    I don't think the ampache folder scraper will work with the cloogey itunes folder structure. Are you pretty much stuck with itunes at this point?
    Not necessarily, but it does the job I need it to, especially on OS X. Would something like DoubleTwist do anything substantially better?
  15. #515  
    I get an error with genre browsing

    "Error

    Get Tags Failed: Error requesting data from Ampache. Possible Reasons: Songs with Unicode information."

    I've never had any issues with my tags before. don't exactly know what that means. i saw some unicode symbols and don't recognize anything that would be in my tags. Then again i've got over a 1GB. But i long ago made my tags nice and clean and uniform.
  16.    #516  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    I get an error with genre browsing

    "Error

    Get Tags Failed: Error requesting data from Ampache. Possible Reasons: Songs with Unicode information."

    I've never had any issues with my tags before. don't exactly know what that means. i saw some unicode symbols and don't recognize anything that would be in my tags. Then again i've got over a 1GB. But i long ago made my tags nice and clean and uniform.
    Ya chances are if you saw any unicode symbols in the Ampache Web UI. WebOS will choke on trying to decode those, hence the error message. Until it handles them better you might want to figure out where they are coming from.

    Edit: I need to fix that error message. Amapache calls a genre a tag so my code calls it Get Tags. The error message should say "Get Genres Failed" to avoid confusion.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  17. #517  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Ya chances are if you saw any unicode symbols in the Ampache Web UI. WebOS will choke on trying to decode those, hence the error message. Until it handles them better you might want to figure out where they are coming from.

    Edit: I need to fix that error message. Amapache calls a genre a tag so my code calls it Get Tags. The error message should say "Get Genres Failed" to avoid confusion.
    Yeah. uh i don't even know what a unicode symbol is. when i say "i saw some" i mean i didn't know what they where. i googled "unicode symbol" and up came a page with wing ding or something, and there "i saw some". I didn't see any unicode symbols in Ampache Web UI. other then in Genre browsing it worked fine.

    But there's no chance i can go through nearly 200 GBs to look for something i don't even know what it is. It's gonna just have to not work cause i already did a ton of work to get my tags all good and they seem to work fine in everything else. ill just have to hope it get's fixed or changes or something.
  18.    #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    Yeah. uh i don't even know what a unicode symbol is. when i say "i saw some" i mean i didn't know what they where. i googled "unicode symbol" and up came a page with wing ding or something, and there "i saw some". I didn't see any unicode symbols in Ampache Web UI. other then in Genre browsing it worked fine.

    But there's no chance i can go through nearly 200 GBs to look for something i don't even know what it is. It's gonna just have to not work cause i already did a ton of work to get my tags all good and they seem to work fine in everything else. ill just have to hope it get's fixed or changes or something.
    Do you have any tracks with non-ascii text? Asian or something like that?
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  19. globex's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    #519  
    Well it took about 2 hours to set up XAMPP and Ampache but I finally got it to work. A few issues are coming up thought:

    1. It would be nice if I could navigate the lists which keeping a song playing (similar to the default music player). Right now the song stops as soon as I navigate back to the song menu.

    2. In the Artist list I get the error "Get Artists failed: Error requesting data from Ampache. Possible reasons: Songs with Unicode information". I might have missed this in the post somewhere, but how do I address this issue? Is this something you just haven't had a chance to fix yet, or do I need to retag some of my songs?

    Thanks for your amazing work.

    *EDIT* AND THIS WORKS WITH LAST.FM TOO!!! INCREDIBLE. That was going to be my number 1 feature request.
    Last edited by globex; 10/17/2009 at 05:48 PM.
  20. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #520  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    3. I can't figure out how to get transcoding to work so I can play my FLAC's. In the Ampache web control I set Transcoding to "Default" but on the Pre I still get the Streaming Error when trying to play FLACs. Could you provide some steps in order to determine what I missed? Setting this to "Always" makes my MP3s show the error too.
    try these posts:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1868344 to get mp4
    config:transcode [Ampache :: Wiki] for general transcode instructions
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1923365 for flac, be sure to install the flac download as its a packedged install file unlike the others.
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions