View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 24 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swtmelrose View Post
    I agree - I'm totally lost, totally frustrated, and I'm giving up.
    Dont give up.. we'll get it working for you... sent a pm...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Simple way to check if a port is open: Open Port Check Tool

Success - you should be good to go
    Fail - port used by another app, blocked by firewall, not forwarded on router, etc.

Also provides your external ip, which is handy.
    Hey I just ran this check and got success - so why am I not able to get connected?
    Quote Originally Posted by swtmelrose View Post
    Hey I just ran this check and got success - so why am I not able to get connected?
    For me it was a windows firewall thing. Try disabling (turn off) the windows firewall....assuming you are running some flavor of windows.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    they had it up and running fine... just needed to enter the right url into ampache mobile...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Great job on 0.5.0 Bryce.
    The Album list sorted by Artist is working well for me. Ampache Mobile seems more stable and responsive than ever.
    Too bad about Palm's streaming APIs adversely affecting battery life, that's my main remaining issue with this app... My phone dies way too quick!

Got one more thing you could tweak: If I have an error connecting to my server (say by selecting the connection I set up for evdo while on home wifi,) a back gesture takes me to a blank screen, when it seems like it should return me to the connections menu.
    Elryon:

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

This man has the patience of a Saint!!!
    I love this forum, I appreciate its members, and LOVE my Pre!!!
    Last edited by swtmelrose; 10/03/2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: GOT IT WORKING!!!! or Elryon did :smile:
  7.    #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    Got one more thing you could tweak: If I have an error connecting to my server (say by selecting the connection I set up for evdo while on home wifi,) a back gesture takes me to a blank screen, when it seems like it should return me to the connections menu.
    Opps... I'll fix that for the next release.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    Can you try these test and post results?

1. Check the Ampache server logs. On my Linux box, they are located at /var/log/ampache (note: I had to create the ampache folder). You can also find the log location in your Amapche Config file. Maybe they can tell you what's happening?
    2. If all you have are 'm4a' type files, try grabbing a 'mp3' file, putting it in the folder with all the 'm4a' files and preforming an import. Does the mp3 file import correctly?
    3. Try copying one of your files to your /tmp folder. Go into Ampache and add a new catalog with /tmp as the root. Does that file import correctly?
    I tried to add a catalog from my desktop. The path is /users/egotten. Ampache will read and recognized 140 files (all mp3's) but when it finishes to add the catalog I see the same error message for any other folder that is not my desktop (ie; can't read users/egotte/music, etc) and after I click on continue I see that the catalog was created but there are no songs in it. Again I am on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.1. Any suggestions on how to add the songs to the catalog? Thanks
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    After 1.2.1 update, I can no longer connect to any of the Ampache servers
    I have configured. As a sanity check I tried the same in AmpachPre
    (were previously configured) and they still work there. In Ampache Mobile
    it just hangs on connect and Test Connection. I tried uninstalling,
    reinstalling, and re-creating my connections from scratch. No go.

My firewall shows the connection opened from AmpachePre, but
    nothing opened or even attempted from Ampache Mobile to any port.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by egotten View Post
    I tried to add a catalog from my desktop. The path is /users/egotten. Ampache will read and recognized 140 files (all mp3's) but when it finishes to add the catalog I see the same error message for any other folder that is not my desktop (ie; can't read users/egotte/music, etc) and after I click on continue I see that the catalog was created but there are no songs in it. Again I am on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.1. Any suggestions on how to add the songs to the catalog? Thanks
    At this point I am not sure. If the Ampache logs are not giving you any good insight, I would go over to the Ampache Forums and see if anyone over there is having the same problem. You can always post your situation on the forums there too.

I think you are REALLY close...
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    After 1.2.1 update, I can no longer connect to any of the Ampache servers
    I have configured. As a sanity check I tried the same in AmpachPre
    (were previously configured) and they still work there. In Ampache Mobile
    it just hangs on connect and Test Connection. I tried uninstalling,
    reinstalling, and re-creating my connections from scratch. No go.

My firewall shows the connection opened from AmpachePre, but
    nothing opened or even attempted from Ampache Mobile to any port.

ian
    I've had no problems with mine after the 1.2.1 update. Maybe try uninstalling, turning your phone completely off then back on again and reinstalling?
  12.    #472  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    I've had no problems with mine after the 1.2.1 update. Maybe try uninstalling, turning your phone completely off then back on again and reinstalling?
    I can confirm mine is working with 1.2.1 as well.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quick (possibly stupid) question...

In Ampache, I have my transcode bitrate set at 64 to see if it would help speed up buffering when i'm using the mobile app over EVDO.

When I go into stream info in the mobile app, it says 'bitrate estimated: true bitrate avg: 192000 bitrate max: 256000'

Does that mean it's actually coming through at 192 even though I have it set to 64?

Kind of mixed up on this one.
  14.    #474  
    Quick (possibly stupid) question...

In Ampache, I have my transcode bitrate set at 64 to see if it would help speed up buffering when i'm using the mobile app over EVDO.

When I go into stream info in the mobile app, it says 'bitrate estimated: true bitrate avg: 192000 bitrate max: 256000'

Does that mean it's actually coming through at 192 even though I have it set to 64?

Kind of mixed up on this one.
    WebOS doesn't quite work for the bit rate detection. I'm going to leave it in though hopefully palm fixes it.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    So in other words my settings in Ampache are ok but the app just doesn't realize what the actual bitrate is?

Just wanted to be sure something wasn't screwed up on my Ampache server.
  16.    #476  
    So in other words my settings in Ampache are ok but the app just doesn't realize what the actual bitrate is?
    That's exactly what it means.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I can confirm mine is working with 1.2.1 as well.
    I had to uninstall, reinstall, uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot again..
    etc before it finally worked.

ian
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Anyone know if it is possible to forward a .com to the Ampache server? If so, how would you go about forwarding? My DNS settings don't allow me to include the necessary port.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by azdevo2c View Post
    Anyone know if it is possible to forward a .com to the Ampache server? If so, how would you go about forwarding? My DNS settings don't allow me to include the necessary port.

Thanks!
    Sure...if I understand your question correctly...

Go to DynDNS.com: Free DNS Hosting, E-mail Delivery, and VPS Hosting and register your ampache server on one of their free "Dynamic DNS .com" servers. (Example: ampache.gotdns.com)

I think that is how most of us get to our Ampache servers via EVDO.
    will this work for windows xp?? i clciked on hte vista link and it couldnt find the address