View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 21 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    tyvm for posting that. I got my m4a files streaming. But I can't seem to get my flac files to stream. When I try loading them in my browser on my pc it just spins forever.

Here is what I have so far:

I downloaded this Download FLAC 1.2.1b - A compression tool for audio files, similar to mp3 format - Softpedia and put it in c:\audio

and I have this in my config file:

; List of filetypes to transcode
    transcode_m4a = true
    transcode_m4a_target = mp3
    transcode_flac = true
    transcode_flac_target = mp3
    ;transcode_mp3 = false
    transcode_mp3_target = mp3
    ;transcode_ogg = false
    transcode_ogg_target = ogg

; These are the commands that will be run to transcode the file
    transcode_cmd_flac = "C:\audio\flac -dc %FILE% | C:\audio\lame -b %SAMPLE% -S - - "
    transcode_cmd_m4a = "C:\audio\faad -f 2 -w %FILE% | C:\audio\lame -r -x -b %SAMPLE% -S - -"
    ;transcode_cmd_mp3 = "mp3splt -qnf %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% -o - | C:\audio\lame --mp3input -q 3 -b %SAMPLE% -S - -"
    transcode_cmd_ogg = "oggsplt -qn %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% -o - | oggdec -Q -o - - | lame -S -q 3 -b %SAMPLE% -S - -"

; Alternative command works better for some people
    ;transcode_cmd_m4a = "alac %FILE% | C:\audio\lame -h -b %SAMPLE% -S - -"
    ;transcode_cmd_ogg = "mp3splt -qn %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% -o - | oggdec -Q -o - - | lame -S -q 3 -b %SAMPLE% -S - -"
    ;transcode_cmd_flac = "flac -dc %FILE% | C:\audio\lame -rb %SAMPLE% -S - -"

; This line seems to work better for windows, switch if needed
    transcode_cmd_mp3 = "C:\audio\lame -q 3 -b %SAMPLE% -S %FILE% - -"
    Do you see anything wrong with this?
    Also, album art does not show up for almost all of my songs in ampache, but it does in itunes. I just get a generic album art for 99% of my songs. Anyone know what I can do about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by egotten View Post
    I have Mac 10.6.1 and even after changing permissions I still can't add a catalog from my Itunes folder. Still see the error message: egotten/Music/iTunes/Itunes Music is not readable or does not exist. Any other suggestions?
    Can you try these test and post results?

1. Check the Ampache server logs. On my Linux box, they are located at /var/log/ampache (note: I had to create the ampache folder). You can also find the log location in your Amapche Config file. Maybe they can tell you what's happening?
    2. If all you have are 'm4a' type files, try grabbing a 'mp3' file, putting it in the folder with all the 'm4a' files and preforming an import. Does the mp3 file import correctly?
    3. Try copying one of your files to your /tmp folder. Go into Ampache and add a new catalog with /tmp as the root. Does that file import correctly?
    Quote Originally Posted by timbtimb View Post
    Also, album art does not show up for almost all of my songs in ampache, but it does in itunes. I just get a generic album art for 99% of my songs. Anyone know what I can do about this?
    You may want to check the Ampache forums at Ampache • Index page
    tyvm for posting that. I got my m4a files streaming. But I can't seem to get my flac files to stream. When I try loading them in my browser on my pc it just spins forever.

I downloaded this Download FLAC 1.2.1b - A compression tool for audio files, similar to mp3 format - Softpedia and put it in c:\audio

No, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Can you watch the Ampache Server log file?
    1) What happens when you play a mp3?
    1) What happens when you play a m4a?
    1) What happens when you play a flac?
    GREAT app...great concept.

I've been able to install LAMP surprisingly easily on my machine (I'm running linux mint). Unfortunately, I've discovered that my dorm's ISP limits access to port 80 by default, but students can apply to open the port up if they have a webserver...I've sent my request, but who knows when they'll get to it?

After I get that resolved, I'll see if Ampache Mobile can connect remotely to my LAMP. I'm optimistic.
  7.    #407  
    Version 0.5.0 (Beta) (09/27/2009)
    • New Feature: (Global Search) should vastly improve performance if you know what you are looking for.
    • New Feature: (Dynamic Resizing) Dynamic resizing of now playing screen. Meaning support for the Palm Pixi. Resizing during notifications. ect.
    • New Feature: (Rotation) Landscape Mode (Rotation) Default:Off
    • New Feature: (Performance Tuning) Per/Account Settings for fine tuning of performance (Recommended Usage: Make 2 accounts, one for a fast connection and one for a slow)
      • Fetch Size: Change how many items are downloaded at once from the server. Default: 300 items. Recommended higher number for fast connection, lower number for slow connection.
      • Artist Albums Art: Moved this setting from system wide to account specific.
    • New Feature: (Quick Links) Clickable Links in Songs list for Search, Playlists, for loading Album or
    • New Feature: (Albums Sorting) Albums List is now Sortable thru App Menu current sorting choices are Alphabetical, Year, Artist. Choice is saved.
    • Improvement: Partially loaded lists will start loading where they left off, upon navigating back to them.
    • Improvement: Made Audio player wait 500 ms before starting stream when user requests next/prev song this way if you a user is tapping next repeatedly it will not attempt to start every song as it did before.
    • Improvement: Complete rewrite of underlying code that drives list loading, should be faster && less buggy.
    • Improvement: Icons in list headers
    • Improvement: Added scrims to cover up clickable items when app is busy
    • Bug Fix: Play/Pause with Palm Headphones restarted track. Works as expected now.
    • Bug Fix: Fixed filtering while loading on Albums and Artists. If you attempted to filter the list while it was loading the filter would not apply to newly downloaded items. This is now resolved.
    • Bug Fix: Fixed ping so that it pings in sync with the session timeout (~30minutes). Previously pinged every 1 minute. Should save on battery.
    • Bug Fix: Auto size background to fit available screen, choosing a part of a bigger image as the background isn't going to happen with current API.
    • Bug Fix: Fixed spaces in background path.

NOTE: Changed versioning to allow for lower number to be used for small bug fixes.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts

first... did you just put the downloaded file in the /audio folder? It is an install file that needs ran first. Then copy the flac.exe to the /audio folder. From there I think you might need to change the line:

transcode_cmd_flac = "C:\audio\flac -dc %FILE% | C:\audio\lame -b %SAMPLE% -S - - "
    to this: transcode_cmd_flac = "C:\audio\flac -d -c %FILE% | C:\audio\lame -b %SAMPLE% -S - - "

I don't use flac so I havent tried it, but I hope this helps...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Version 0.5.0 (Beta) (09/27/2009)
    Just awesome

Any plans to add a playlist view like the default music player has?

So that you can toggle between the currently playing song or see the current playlist and pick something else. Instead of hitting next/previous until you get to what you want. Or stopping the track, going back and picking something else.

Sorry if that is a dupe request.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    first... did you just put the downloaded file in the /audio folder? It is an install file that needs ran first.
    Very nice catch. Everything seems to be streaming great now, thanks for all the help.
  11.    #411  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Just awesome

Any plans to add a playlist view like the default music player has?

So that you can toggle between the currently playing song or see the current playlist and pick something else. Instead of hitting next/previous until you get to what you want. Or stopping the track, going back and picking something else.

Sorry if that is a dupe request.

Thanks again!
    Yes.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Haven't got the new version yet, but one feature I would like is the ability to peruse the music while having something playing.

Awesome app man!
    Great update, love the landscape view, especially for browsing my catalog.
  14.    #414  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    Haven't got the new version yet, but one feature I would like is the ability to peruse the music while having something playing.

Awesome app man!
    I'd like that too, it was in an early version but didnt work because of a bug. For the initial release i took it out, I'd rather have something that works. I'm planning on taking another look at this after WebOS 1.2.1 drops.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I don't know if it's possible or not, but if Ampache Mobile was able to have dashboard controls, similar to Pandora or the music player, that would be super handy!
  16.    #416  
    I just updated to 1.2.0 and the app appears to be fully functional! Can someone confirm that bluetooth controls are still working on the latest version with 1.2.0?

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Just updated to 0.5.0 (also upto WebOS 1.2.0). Love the new search features.

Just thought I'd report that I tested again whether the battery drain while paused bug was present and the bug unfortunately still exists in WebOS 1.2.0. Tested by monitoring traffic on the Ampache server, playing a song (see HTTP traffic, stops once buffered). Paused song on Pre, waited for the device to suspend and immediately new HTTP connection about twice a second. Oh well
  18.    #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbritton View Post
    Just updated to 0.5.0 (also upto WebOS 1.2.0). Love the new search features.

Just thought I'd report that I tested again whether the battery drain while paused bug was present and the bug unfortunately still exists in WebOS 1.2.0. Tested by monitoring traffic on the Ampache server, playing a song (see HTTP traffic, stops once buffered). Paused song on Pre, waited for the device to suspend and immediately new HTTP connection about twice a second. Oh well
    Shoot. I wonder if they are aware of the issue?

nice. i'll check out the new version. well just as soon as i get past this damn app limit.
    I've got an idea for a feature: like a "Cover Flow"-style random album selector: pick three random albums (album requests with a random offset and a length of one?), show one main one, two off to the sides. A tap starts the selected album playing, a flick moves one of the side albums into the middle and picks a new random one to replace it.

Seems like it would be a pretty nice way to jump around your library. I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out what to listen to and it takes soooo long to browse through the stuff later in the alphabet.