View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 20 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    i see. personally not my thing. I think what you want is acutally "year" sorting and thus a "year" section as opposed to "album". but it's you're software. I've cleaned all of my tags as well. literally took me almost a year to redo once after i lost half of my collection so i feel you on that. Still year was never something i fixated about because with the size of my collection i wasn't going to go back and look up release dates for albums let alone the thousands of tracks I have released in the 40s, 50s, and 60s, release only as singles. like i have a bunch of blues artists or old r&b artists that are famous now but couldn't release full albums back in the day. so who knows what those exact dates are. I just stopped worrying about it. obviously do as you like.

regardless something to consider:

A "Genre" section. Personally i'd love this cause this is how i browse. And not like the Palm Pre does which is "genre" "rock" then 8000 "songs" as a matter of fact that is one of the few requests i have on music players. i just hate when it goes straight to songs because i have a couple genre's with about 11000 songs each and things grind it's becomes really slow to load. Plus i just think it's more logical. regardless. if it's not doable thanks for the consideration.

damn i need coffee. i'm off to get some caffeine.
    FYI, I finished Album sort today. Default it alphabetical sort, year and artist are also options. Also next version will have search, which will make accessing large collections much faster.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    FYI, I finished Album sort today. Default it alphabetical sort, year and artist are also options. Also next version will have search, which will make accessing large collections much faster.
    That sounds fricken cool. i'm anxious to try it. I don't know exactly what you mean by search but there is some search functionality. I use it now under artists mostly and just to narrow selections down to a single artist. works pretty good. but it's not like a universal search that searches every tag if from the main screen if that's what you mean. But it's very cool that you give the option. I don't even think it matters what is default when you give people options and customization. did you do that that fast? like since i asked? Cause that's pretty damn fast.
  3.    #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    That sounds fricken cool. i'm anxious to try it. I don't know exactly what you mean by search but there is some search functionality. I use it now under artists mostly and just to narrow selections down to a single artist. works pretty good. but it's not like a universal search that searches every tag if from the main screen if that's what you mean. But it's very cool that you give the option. I don't even think it matters what is default when you give people options and customization. did you do that that fast? like since i asked? Cause that's pretty damn fast.
    Ya... got it done since you asked. I designed it from the start to be changeable. Just never hooked anything up other than year to start.

Search is more of a universal search. You type in what you want and the app only pulls down the results from the server. So it will be WAY faster. Should be done any day now. Just cleaning up some loose ends and testing a bit.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Ya... got it done since you asked. I designed it from the start to be changeable. Just never hooked anything up other than year to start.

Search is more of a universal search. You type in what you want and the app only pulls down the results from the server. So it will be WAY faster. Should be done any day now. Just cleaning up some loose ends and testing a bit.
    yeah i just poked my head onto the mobile development log and saw some of the stuff you where working on. looks like some cool stuff. Yeah that wasn't meant to be pressure to change. Like i said i only noticed it because i didn't use it much. Another reason why i said you should make the default whatever you like. Me i use genre mostly on my ipod and for ampache just use playlists or search by artists cause for the life of me i can't remember some album titles. but yeah looks like some good freatures on the way. Oh by the way love the ability to change the background color and image. me i like the dark ones so i use the included kinda black is silver one with the tiny dots. oh and the new icons look real good.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    I've got transcoding working fine. FLAC and M4A both transcode on the fly.

The trick is you just have to download the correct command line decoders, put them in a directory, and then point your ampache config file to the decoder.
    Can you be more specific? Which decoders did you use, and where in the config file did you point to them?
    I have ran into an issue....ampache mobile will not connect for me anymore on Evdo....but if i go to a computer outside my network it connects just fine logs in and evrything..I cant figure it out....

nvm...i turned my phone off and back on and now its back up
    Last edited by ntown901; 09/24/2009 at 05:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timbtimb View Post
    Can you be more specific? Which decoders did you use, and where in the config file did you point to them?
    you could try here:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1868344

or here

config:transcode [Ampache :: Wiki]
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Does any one know how to add a shared folder to the catalog, I have tried numerous configurations, ampache is running on server03 and the hard drives are shard on XP pro service pack 3 box, any ideas?

BTW I cant see any of the radio streams added to my server, does anyone else have this problem?
  9.    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesmith_fromchat View Post
    BTW I cant see any of the radio streams added to my server, does anyone else have this problem?
    I dont think the radio streams are available.

I have not been able to get the background image to change what so ever. Please, any help on this would be greatly appreciated. When I set a background image, all 320x480, it just defaults to the color option.
  11.    #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcettison View Post
    I have not been able to get the background image to change what so ever. Please, any help on this would be greatly appreciated. When I set a background image, all 320x480, it just defaults to the color option.
    Do the included backgrounds work?

Do the included backgrounds work?
    Yes, it seems so. However, none of the 320x480 JPG or PNG images I use seem to work.
  13.    #393  
    Yes, it seems so. However, none of the 320x480 JPG or PNG images I use seem to work.
    How about the wall paper palm includes?

ED: What is the name of the folder you have your background images in? Does it have a space in it, i probably don't handle spaces in folders correctly.

How about the wall paper palm includes?
    Which is this?
  15.    #395  
    Which is this?
    When you open the photo browser its the folder Wallpapers. Has the stones, flowers.. ect.

Would a space in the filename cause this by chance?
  17.    #397  
    Would a space in the filename cause this by chance?
    Ya i think so. Forgot to test that, but knowing the code it probably would.

Ya i think so. Forgot to test that, but knowing the code it probably would.
    Yes, it solved the problem immediately.

Also, the ability to chose between font color, or even a Black/White toggle like in the Music (Remix) app, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for trying to help, and so promptly. Very much.
  19.    #399  
    Yes, it solved the problem immediately.

Also, the ability to chose between font color, or even a Black/White toggle like in the Music (Remix) app, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for trying to help, and so promptly. Very much.
    Ya.. I've thought about an option for changing the text color. Someday I'll get to it.

Bug fix is already in for the spaces shouldn't be an issue in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by tredftw View Post
    I had this problem too, I think it's because you have to change the permissions of the folder, right click on the "music" and "Itunes" folders and select "get info" on both. go into "ownership and permissions" and under "details" in the drop down menu, put "read only" for "group" and "others"
    I have Mac 10.6.1 and even after changing permissions I still can't add a catalog from my Itunes folder. Still see the error message: egotten/Music/iTunes/Itunes Music is not readable or does not exist. Any other suggestions?