View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    BJ, if I access an album via the main menu and click on shuffle all (on the album screen) the app will give me a spinning circle and basically hang until I quit it and relauch. I'm not sure if this is an app issue or a server issue at this point, I haven't really spent much time debugging it since I tend to listen to albums in order 90% of the time.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMadison View Post
    BJ, if I access an album via the main menu and click on shuffle all (on the album screen) the app will give me a spinning circle and basically hang until I quit it and relauch. I'm not sure if this is an app issue or a server issue at this point, I haven't really spent much time debugging it since I tend to listen to albums in order 90% of the time.
    Shoot. Ya thats a bug. I found it and fixed it. Will be in the next release. Which I am working on right now. In the mean time it should work to click a song then click the shuffle icon in the now playing screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Shoot. Ya thats a bug. I found it and fixed it. Will be in the next release. Which I am working on right now. In the mean time it should work to click a song then click the shuffle icon in the now playing screen.

Thanks man I'm super excited about this app, it has so much potential.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMadison View Post
    Thanks man I'm super excited about this app, it has so much potential.
    Thanks, I've been busting *** on it. I've wanted an Ampache mobile app for ever, its my idea of a killer app. All your music where ever you go, really the only limit is how much harddrive space you have in your server.

I've been developing it for about 3 weeks and the release of AmpachPre prompted me to get it out a bit earlier than I wanted.

I had a iphone one like 40% of the way done, but I didnt think it was worth the effort because who knows if apple would approve or disapprove.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 08/29/2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: typo
    How well does it work with a large MP3 collection - I have 45,000 + MP3 songs. Will I be able to pull up and search for songs or will it just die or take forever to locate anything? Having a huge collection is nice but most of the streaming programs do not work to well. I tried ORB on my M1 and it would play and random shuffle ok but if I tried to locate a song it took FOREVER and I just gave up on it.

I am not that computer savy but I am thinking of giving it a try.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by tnman View Post
    How well does it work with a large MP3 collection - I have 45,000 + MP3 songs. Will I be able to pull up and search for songs or will it just die or take forever to locate anything? Having a huge collection is nice but most of the streaming programs do not work to well. I tried ORB on my M1 and it would play and random shuffle ok but if I tried to locate a song it took FOREVER and I just gave up on it.

I am not that computer savy but I am thinking of giving it a try.
    Honestly i am not sure, my collection is about 12K songs, and it works very well for me. Your collection is about 4x that size. I have hit some limitations of WebOS when it comes to size, all you can really do is try. The application card will basically lock up if its too much to process. I'd recommend trying it out and if its too much maybe take a subset of your collection that u actually listen to and host that with ampache.

I originally had a view from the main menu that showed all your songs at once, i decided to take it out for the first release because it was too unstable. I have a plan on how to do it in the future that should work.

I also have plans to add a global search of ampache for just this reason, but i am just one man. I see it working something like the global search in WebOS. From the main menu you just start typing. That will bring up a drop down where u can select what to search for (Artist/Albums/Songs/Everything at once).
    Quote Originally Posted by falz View Post
    It's a NAT issue. You may need a different profile from inside your house VS outside. If you turn wifi off and connect via EVDO it will probably work. You could also fix this with a DNS entry if your home firewall allows you to add DNS records. (same hostname, but give the internal IP instead of external).
    I have DMZ pointing to my internal IP, that's why if I used my IP (external) i could enter to my Ampache set up...
    But I couldn't do that using dyndns from the application (it worked fine from the browser)

Anyway... I don't know what was the problem... just tried again and it was solved.... I could connect... maybe some DynDNS related problem.... (i use DynDNS Updater)

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Hmm. Wonder if this could also be used in your house as a remote for controlling your home stereo? It looks much more polished than that the current "Media Remote" app. Just a thought...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I've been able to get FLAC, Ogg and other codecs to play using the transcoding feature in Ampache.
    config:transcode [Ampache :: Wiki]

Another great reason to use transcoding is that it will make the app run much faster, pulling down 320kpbs mp3s over the cellular network probably isn't going to be the fastest thing ever. I have my server setup to transcode all codecs including mp3 down to 96kbps.
    Excellent tip for the transcoding. I just set this up following the instructions in Ampache's wiki. To clear up for anyone else trying this, here's a few pointers. It seems that the default install has the first two ACL's they mention so only the 3rd ACL needs to be added. Then as an admin user, go to Admin-> Streaming and set the "Transcode Bitrate" to whatever you'd like. 128k is probably as high as you'd want to go.

One other note is that the default mp3 transcoding type in Ampache's config is mp3splt. It didn't work for me and gave me errors that I had to debug. Something with it's -o option. I got lazy and changed it to the 'lame' setting that they recommend for windows (although I'm not running windows) and it worked fine.

It also seems that you can assign a bitrate per user in Ampache, so you may be able to setup profiles with different bitrates (96, 128, 192) depending on how your connection is. I didn't try this out, but it seems like it should be possible.

Anyway, great work bjgeiser. This app is quite capable in its current state. I can't think of any features other than what you already have on your todo list.
    I'm trying to setup Ampache and I got everything working in Windows, but when I log into my ampache server I get a bunch of errors:

Code:
    Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 554

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1117

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1342

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1349

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1400

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1409

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1619

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1689

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1736

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1743

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1744

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1746

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1794

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1808

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1841

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1854

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2219

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2240

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2360

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2390

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2397

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2429

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2489

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2550

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2570

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2580

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2618

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2622

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2741

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3287

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3289

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3292

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3295

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3300

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3323

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3327

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3342

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3354

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3358

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3362

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3368

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3372

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3379

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3434

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3438

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3442

Warning: strcasecmp() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\lib\class\preference.class.php on line 317

Warning: strcasecmp() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\lib\class\preference.class.php on line 318

Warning: strcasecmp() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\lib\class\preference.class.php on line 317

Warning: strcasecmp() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\lib\class\preference.class.php on line 318

I know what it means, but I am not very familiar with PHP coding.
    Palm Pilot m100 --> Alltel Razr V3c --> Alltel HTC PPC6800(Mogul) --> Alltel HTC Touch Pro --> Alltel Rokr Z6M --> Alltel Palm Pre

Speed at 70Mph using MyTether using Alltel Hybrid Rev A
    http://i30.tinypic.com/2iu733d.jpg
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post
    Hmm. Wonder if this could also be used in your house as a remote for controlling your home stereo? It looks much more polished than that the current "Media Remote" app. Just a thought...
    A separate app for Music Player Daemon (MPD) would probably be best here, as there's already an Ampache module to use MPD for local play on the Ampache server.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by adactuslatem View Post
    I'm trying to setup Ampache and I got everything working in Windows, but when I log into my ampache server I get a bunch of errors:

Code:
    Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 554

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1117

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1342

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1349

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1400

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1409

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1619

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1689

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1736

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1743

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1744

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1746

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1794

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1808

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1841

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 1854

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2219

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2240

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2360

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2390

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2397

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2429

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2489

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2550

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2570

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2580

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2618

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2622

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 2741

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3287

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3289

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3292

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3295

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3300

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3323

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3327

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3342

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3354

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3358

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3362

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3368

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3372

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3379

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3434

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3438

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\ampache\modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc on line 3442

I know what it means, but I am not very familiar with PHP coding.
    That looks like fun. Maybe post that over in the ampache forums cause i have no idea. I run my server on linux. Those errors kinda look a PHP incompatibility what version of php are u running?
  13.    #33  
    If anyone has a server with a bunch of playlists on it drop me a PM, I am working on adding playlist support and would like to test it.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adactuslatem View Post

Code:
    What version of Ampache are you running? modules\xmlrpc\xmlrpc.inc doesn't exist on mine at all. I also re-downloaded the latest stable version from Ampache and confirmed it's also not in the .tar.gz.
    Heya--

I have Ampache set up properly, but when I try to connect from Ampache Mobile, I get Connection Test: ACL Error message almost immediately.

I know my Ampache/firewall/etc. settings are all good-- I can navigate to Ampache through the web browser AND stream music through the regular WebOS streaming, but Ampache Mobile gives me this ACL error.

I looked at the ACL (the default ones) and they appear to me (a non-expert) to be fully permissive-- anyone should be able to stream if they have a login.

Any ideas?

Fletcher

PF: This is an AMAZING effort! I have found the joys of streaming with Shoutcast in the last few days and you're exactly right, blowing that 8GB limitation away is a game-changer for the Pre. I have something like 17,000 audio tracks, including a lot of books and spoken-word stuff-- choosing exactly what I know I'm going to want to listen to ahead of time.. well, that's just silly. GREAT JOB!
    Last edited by fekauffman; 08/29/2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Wanted to add an acknowledgement
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by fekauffman View Post
    Heya--

I have Ampache set up properly, but when I try to connect from Ampache Mobile, I get Connection Test: ACL Error message almost immediately.

I know my Ampache/firewall/etc. settings are all good-- I can navigate to Ampache through the web browser AND stream music through the regular WebOS streaming, but Ampache Mobile gives me this ACL error.

I looked at the ACL (the default ones) and they appear to me (a non-expert) to be fully permissive-- anyone should be able to stream if they have a login.

Any ideas?

Fletcher

PF: This is an AMAZING effort! I have found the joys of streaming with Shoutcast in the last few days and you're exactly right, blowing that 8GB limitation away is a game-changer for the Pre. I have something like 17,000 audio tracks, including a lot of books and spoken-word stuff-- choosing exactly what I know I'm going to want to listen to ahead of time.. well, that's just silly. GREAT JOB!
    You need to setup a RPC rule with the proper ip range 0.0.0.0/255.255.255.255 would give you access from any ip address. Has anyone figured out the range for Sprint? I haven't had time to look.

config:acl [Ampache :: Wiki]

I'll add something to the error message that displays, the ACL stuff can get kinda of confusing
    First off I am a novice and am having a horrible time trying to get this thing to work...Ive tried to use the the google code page with no success can anyone provide me with a dummy proof step by step instructions for Windows vista?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Has anyone figured out the range for Sprint? I haven't had time to look.
    My phone is currently in the range sprint marked as SPRINT-WIRELESS, which is 173.96.0.0/11 (173.96.0.0 - 173.127.255.255). They advertise this through Sprint PCS, AS 10507. It's a safe bet that all of the prefixes (subnets) on this list would cover everything, but would be really annoying to input.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Everytime I try to log in to Ampache Mobile I get an error: "Timed out while attempting test". Or I get error: "error: empty response". Any ideas?
    I have my correct ip/ampache, correct username and password, but no response. Please advise.
    I got Ampachpre running when I'm at home (on Wifi)--But it won't run off of Sprint Evdo when I'm not home. I was hoping Ampache Mobile would solve this problem for me. Unfortanately I get this error whenever I try to log on

Connected?

Error: Empty Response

What should I do?

Edit--now it works when I'm on my home wi-fi, but not off of evdo
    Last edited by el_dheeb; 08/29/2009 at 04:19 PM.
Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast