View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 18 of 88 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Wow... NICE!. Lets hear it for untested code working on the first attempt. I guess I'll add it to the new features in 0.0.4
    Put it in the features my man! It works exactly as prepod and the native music app do.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Having some troubles here.

I can log in just fine on the browser of my Pre. However, I keep getting the "Error Invalid Hangshake, attempt logged" response when logging in through Ampache Mobile.

I've enabled an ACL of
    Start address: 0.0.0.0
    End address: 255.255.255.255
    Level: All
    User: Ampache User (System)
    Key: (blank)
    Type: RPC

I'm assuming the name of the ACL doesn't matter. Am I wrong?

Also, I have access_control = "true" in ampache.cfg.php. I also have a web interface ACL key entry, it was giving me permissions problems without it.

Can anyone think of something else that could be wrong?

For the record, I'm having trouble getting my DynDNS set up properly, but first I want to get this working from inside the router via Wi-Fi. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfbauer View Post

I can log in just fine on the browser of my Pre. However, I keep getting the "Error Invalid Hangshake, attempt logged" response when logging in through Ampache Mobile.

I've enabled an ACL of
    End address: 255.255.255.255

Also, I have access_control = "true" in ampache.cfg.php. I also have a web interface ACL key entry, it was giving me permissions problems without it.

For the record, I'm having trouble getting my DynDNS set up properly, but first I want to get this working from inside the router via Wi-Fi. Thanks!
    Ok, just tried in Amarok. I got the same error, so it appears to be something about my setup. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I'm interested in how people are using the ne●●●●●●w background functionality in Ampache Mobile 0.0.4. The possibilities are nearly limitless, take a minute and share what your player is looking like.

How to take a screen shot

Along the same lines: If you have any cool backgrounds that I won't get sued for using I'd consider adding them to the app so others can use them as well. I'd also like some other overlays (my current favorite is 4).
    Well, over the course of time I've downloaded many cool desktop backgrounds (which I use on my pre), but none in the propler resolution for the phone. So with the background functionality of Ampache Mobile currently only working on the top-left of a chosen picture, I just chose one of my files that has a cool top-left to use
    Attached Images Attached Images

Based on my experiences, the ACL names do not mater. I have multiple ACLs with the same names. (i.e. "Home Network", "Local",...)

Can you try to login again and post what shows up in the log file on the Amapache server?

I've enabled an ACL of
    End address:

setting the user of an acl is broken I believe. It needs to be 'all' to work
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    It does work, I use bluetooth play/pause/skip/back functions in my car everyday.

Not sure why wilderf can't get it to work. I love this app, thanks.
    Awesome, this was one of the only things missing to make this app near perfect.

I hadn't even tried using the controls on my headset yet.

Works perfectly on my Plantronics 855.

cheers!
    I have successfully installed and run theAmpache Moble v 0.0.3, but it is intermittent. About 75% of the time I connect, choose a song. The album music image comes through and the circle turns and I get the following error

"Audio Player Recieved and Error"

I can't figure out what I have done differently when it does work.

The connection is good...something with playing the music.

Any suggestions?

Morris
  9.    #349  
    Quote Originally Posted by mfendley View Post
    I have successfully installed and run theAmpache Moble v 0.0.3, but it is intermittent. About 75% of the time I connect, choose a song. The album music image comes through and the circle turns and I get the following error

"Audio Player Recieved and Error"

I can't figure out what I have done differently when it does work.

The connection is good...something with playing the music.

Any suggestions?

Morris
    Upgrade to 0.0.4. It has better error messages. Should help us point you in the right direction.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    I upgraded to 0.0.4 and I am getting the media_err_decode error
    says file is either corrupt orunsupported format.
    I can get it to work with mp3 but not m4a files. Is this a limitation?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    setting the user of an acl is broken I believe. It needs to be 'all' to work
    Hmm. I just checked, it is set to 'all'. When the user is set to 'all', it is reported in the show acl screen as 'Ampache User (System)'. The only other option is 'admin', which is reported as 'admin (admin)' (my login name).

As for the logging, I've enabled debug = true, debug_level = 5, and log_path ="/var/log/ampache". It's weird though, there is no ampache file or folder in /var/log.

edit: Now I'm getting this page when I try to login to ampache from the web: "You've been redirected to this page because you do not have access to this function. If you believe this is an error please contact an Ampache administrator. This event has been logged"
    Quote Originally Posted by mfendley View Post
    I upgraded to 0.0.4 and I am getting the media_err_decode error
    says file is either corrupt orunsupported format.
    I can get it to work with mp3 but not m4a files. Is this a limitation?
    Thanks
    I believe you have to convert m4a files into mp3 files for streaming.

Ampache will do this on the fly. See Transcoding with Ampache to get started.
    As for the logging, I've enabled debug = true, debug_level = 5, and log_path ="/var/log/ampache". It's weird though, there is no ampache file or folder in /var/log.
    On my linux box, I had to create a folder in /var/log. (Make sure it is writable by the process that is running your ampache)

Ampache creates individual log files in /var/log/ampache...one for each day.

Hope this helps...
    Last edited by wilderf; 09/17/2009 at 06:53 PM.
    I got the pre working well with the 0.4 version and the transcoding option for the m4a files. Works with network EVO and home wifi.

Thanks to all of those out there working on this project and providing such good input.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    So quick heads up on something I've noticed. It seems when using dyndns if your ip changes you might start getting the "empty response" error. What seems to happen is that WebOS or Ampache mobile is caching the ip address associated with hostnames, my guess is this is an internal webOS feature to speed up browsing and such. Anyway, it messes up a dynamic ip tool like dyndns, so basically Ampache Mobile is looking at somebody elses computer (the old ip) can't find ampache and returns the error. Restarting your phone fixes this until the next time your ip changes at home. I guess whatever cache is causing the issue clears during reset.
  16.    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by logos View Post
    So quick heads up on something I've noticed. It seems when using dyndns if your ip changes you might start getting the "empty response" error. What seems to happen is that WebOS or Ampache mobile is caching the ip address associated with hostnames, my guess is this is an internal webOS feature to speed up browsing and such. Anyway, it messes up a dynamic ip tool like dyndns, so basically Ampache Mobile is looking at somebody elses computer (the old ip) can't find ampache and returns the error. Restarting your phone fixes this until the next time your ip changes at home. I guess whatever cache is causing the issue clears during reset.
    It's not anything Ampache Mobile is doing.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    On my linux box, I had to create a folder in /var/log

Ampache creates individual log files in /var/log/ampache...one for each day.

Hope this helps...
    Sweet, that got it.

Here's my error log:

Code:
    2009-09-17 16:09:19 {  } ( API ) - Login Attempt, IP:98.176.130.132 Time:1253228957 User:1 Auth:2dd417488dc9849ea15ef3492025effe 
    2009-09-17 16:09:19 {  } ( API ) - Login Failed, unable to match passphrase 
    2009-09-17 16:09:58 {  } ( Access Denied ) - Invalid Session attempt to API [ping] 
    2009-09-17 16:10:00 {  } ( API ) - Login Attempt, IP:98.176.130.132 Time:1253228999 User:1 Auth:2f6c6e45ed760fcee14a0b4eb6169468 
    2009-09-17 16:10:00 {  } ( API ) - Login Failed, unable to match passphrase 
    2009-09-17 16:10:13 {  } ( Access Denied ) - Invalid Session attempt to API [ping] 
    2009-09-17 16:10:14 {  } ( API ) - Login Attempt, IP:98.176.130.132 Time:1253229013 User:1 Auth:ac03dd7f092dc6a708174b44892ce5ab 
    2009-09-17 16:10:14 {  } ( API ) - Login Failed, unable to match passphrase
    Obviously I double checked the password, the web app is letting me login with the same un and pw that apparently are unable to be matched in Amarok and Ampache Mobile.

Maybe I'm using the wrong server? The address I have is:

http://mydyndnshostname.com/ampache, where ampache is the folder in which it is installed.
    Love this app, very awesome and love it, however, I'm killing myself over transcoding files. I've read many posts regarding it here and the ampache forums, can't seem to figure it out. Is there anyone that can give me some guidance, please?
    I've got transcoding working fine. FLAC and M4A both transcode on the fly.

The trick is you just have to download the correct command line decoders, put them in a directory, and then point your ampache config file to the decoder.

OK so does clicking on a song in the web portal of ampache cause the browser to try and download an index file for anyone else? What's up with that?
    Plus, check out the ampache log file (on linux at /var/log/ampache). It will tell you what is happening.

If you are on linux, try running the transcode command on the command line to make sure they are on your system and that they work.

example:
    root> mp3splt
    root> lame