View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 17 of 88 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    Just discovered the background changing feature in this app. It is very nice to be able to change the background at all. The feature is set up similarly to the background changing option in WebOS, except for one difference - if the picture is bigger than the screen can display, it only works on the center of the picture. In the WebOS feature you can essentially snapshot the background from anywhere in the larger picture.
    Not a big deal at all for me though, just a thought for when you're polishing it all up
    Ya... I noticed that too. For now just make sure you use 320x480 images for the background. I'll see if I can make it fit to the screen.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 09/15/2009 at 11:28 AM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  2.    #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    Does anyone want to increase the number of songs you can access using Ampache Mobile? I do.

I was thinking of trying out the "Ampache Remote Catalogs" feature of Ampache.

See config:xmlrpc [Ampache :: Wiki]

Let me know via a personal message if you are interested...

F
    Get any takers? Let us know how it works out.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Hello everyone, I finally got everything working properly, wasn't too hard. But anyways, once I changed the port number from 80, my 'test connection' from the pre finally was good. It was already working from my computer. The problem is that once I put in my account info, and test the connecion, and I swipe back to the previous screen, none of the acct. info is saved. And when I swipe back again, i'm at the 'connect to server' screen, but that does nothing either.

Can anybody help me please to figure out what could be the issue, or why it's not saving my account info, etc? It's annoying having to keep entering the same info again, even if I am doing it via copy & paste. Any help or more insite into this problem would be greatly appreciated. I'm so close, yet so far....thanks....
  4.    #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by dj84 View Post
    Hello everyone, I finally got everything working properly, wasn't too hard. But anyways, once I changed the port number from 80, my 'test connection' from the pre finally was good. It was already working from my computer. The problem is that once I put in my account info, and test the connecion, and I swipe back to the previous screen, none of the acct. info is saved. And when I swipe back again, i'm at the 'connect to server' screen, but that does nothing either.

Can anybody help me please to figure out what could be the issue, or why it's not saving my account info, etc? It's annoying having to keep entering the same info again, even if I am doing it via copy & paste. Any help or more insite into this problem would be greatly appreciated. I'm so close, yet so far....thanks....
    Haven't heard of that issue yet. Very strange indeed. Have you done anything to your pre? Install 1.2? (this app is totally untested with 1.2) I'm assuming you are using version 0.0.4 of Ampache Mobile.

EDIT: Can you save your background changes?
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 09/16/2009 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    "Does anyone want to increase the number of songs you can access using Ampache Mobile? I do."

Get any takers? Let us know how it works out.
    Not yet
    Anyone having huge delays while loading songs of EVDO? I sometimes have to wait up to 1 min when loading up and sometimes songs will stop playing half way through :@. Stream is fine over wifi on the home network... Im going to have to try over wifi at work but I have more than enough upstream bandwidth so i doubt its a server side problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by misasi View Post
    Anyone having huge delays while loading songs of EVDO? I sometimes have to wait up to 1 min when loading up and sometimes songs will stop playing half way through :@. Stream is fine over wifi on the home network... Im going to have to try over wifi at work but I have more than enough upstream bandwidth so i doubt its a server side problem.
    Ya this happens sometimes. Depends on where you are. Sometimes while traveling I get this problem. I think it has to do with roaming between network towers. If you have few bars your data connection will not be as fast either. The only problem with having your music this way. I keep some music on the pre just incase I can't stream.
  8.    #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Ya this happens sometimes. Depends on where you are. Sometimes while traveling I get this problem. I think it has to do with roaming between network towers. If you have few bars your data connection will not be as fast either. The only problem with having your music this way. I keep some music on the pre just incase I can't stream.
    Ya... I have an iPod touch that I keep around when I can't stream.

Chances are if the lists are loading slowly you won't be able to support streaming with your connection anyway. On my EVDO 400 Artists loads in about 3 seconds with a solid signal.

9.    #329  
    I'm interested in how people are using the new background functionality in Ampache Mobile 0.0.4. The possibilities are nearly limitless, take a minute and share what your player is looking like.

How to take a screen shot

Along the same lines: If you have any cool backgrounds that I won't get sued for using I'd consider adding them to the app so others can use them as well. I'd also like some other overlays (my current favorite is 4).

Quote Originally Posted by misasi View Post
    I just thought of something else that could be affecting your upload. If you are on a cable connection. You are on a shared hub. Which means who ever is around you can hog your upload allocation. One of the biggest resource hogs out there are torrents.
    Haven't heard of that issue yet. Very strange indeed. Have you done anything to your pre? Install 1.2? (this app is totally untested with 1.2) I'm assuming you are using version 0.0.4 of Ampache Mobile.

EDIT: Can you save your background changes?
    No, I haven't done anything to the pre. I got a refurbished one yesterday in the mail from sprint, it already had version 1.1.0 installed, and yes I have version 0.0.4 of your program installed (thanks). I did change the background to another the selection (the colorful waves), and that does work. But it doesn't save my acct. info (still, just tried it again). Is there suppose to be an option to save the acct. on the 'test connection' page, or when I swipe back to the previous page is it suppose to save all my info then?

I wish I had 1.2 version. But b/c I know that it is coming next week (hopefully), I didn't do any 'hacks' such as adding more launcher pages, etc. Just installed a few more apps from the main catalog, and tried so far to install Ampache Mobile and AmpachePre. Can't get either one to work for the record.

Anything else you can think of? Thanks.
  12.    #332  
    No, I haven't done anything to the pre. I got a refurbished one yesterday in the mail from sprint, it already had version 1.1.0 installed, and yes I have version 0.0.4 of your program installed (thanks). I did change the background to another the selection (the colorful waves), and that does work. But it doesn't save my acct. info (still, just tried it again). Is there suppose to be an option to save the acct. on the 'test connection' page, or when I swipe back to the previous page is it suppose to save all my info then?

I wish I had 1.2 version. But b/c I know that it is coming next week (hopefully), I didn't do any 'hacks' such as adding more launcher pages, etc. Just installed a few more apps from the main catalog, and tried so far to install Ampache Mobile and AmpachePre. Can't get either one to work for the record.

Anything else you can think of? Thanks.
    OK... you go into preferences page.... click Add Account (i'm assuming its the only thing in the list)... Enter all the information ... click test connection... (that passes)... Click ok on the alert .. Do a back gesture and the accounts list is still empty?

OK... you go into preferences page.... click Add Account (i'm assuming its the only thing in the list)... Enter all the information ... click test connection... (that passes)... Click ok on the alert .. Do a back gesture and the accounts list is still empty?
    Wow, that is the strangest thing. I tried it one more time, & it now works! Lol. That is crazy & funny to me. That's the good news.

The not so good is that I can't get the program to save my 'image from device'. It chooses it, swipe back, see it in the bckgrnd over ur bckgrnd choices, swipe back, confirm changes, swipe back to accts page, swipe back again to connect server page & the background is the default olive green like color.

This isn't a big deal to me as the program is running now (thank you so much for ur help & quick reply), and I can just chose one of the orig. background choices, but I'm just sayin....Anyway, thanks again...
  14.    #334  
    Wow, that is the strangest thing. I tried it one more time, & it now works! Lol. That is crazy & funny to me. That's the good news.

The not so good is that I can't get the program to save my 'image from device'. It chooses it, swipe back, see it in the bckgrnd over ur bckgrnd choices, swipe back, confirm changes, swipe back to accts page, swipe back again to connect server page & the background is the default olive green like color.

This isn't a big deal to me as the program is running now (thank you so much for ur help & quick reply), and I can just chose one of the orig. background choices, but I'm just sayin....Anyway, thanks again...
    Strange indeed.... something seems fishy with your phone.

Strange indeed.... something seems fishy with your phone.
    Well that's not a good sign indeed. I'm tryin to 'test' the phone out first, before I decide to send them my orig. back or tell them I want another/better refurb one. This refurb one I got ystday has 'light cracks' in the corners, a lil more noticeable than my orig. So idk, trying to see how much that is really going to bother me b4 its too late to return the refurb. one....sorry, got off topic....
    First, this is a great app. Thanks for creating it. If you are looking for enhancement ideas....

Control via BT (A2DP) Headphones, Palm included headphones and/or BT car stereos (pause/play, next/prev,..,)

I listen to Amapche Mobile a lot in my car. It would be nice if I could hit the "pause" button on my Sony Head unit to pause the music, or the next track button to skip the current song. Note: Music Player, drPodder,... do this.

I am not sure how hard this is to do. If you are interested in trying to do this and you need help researching it, let me know.

F
  17.    #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    First, this is a great app. Thanks for creating it. If you are looking for enhancement ideas....

Control via BT (A2DP) Headphones, Palm included headphones and/or BT car stereos (pause/play, next/prev,..,)

I listen to Amapche Mobile a lot in my car. It would be nice if I could hit the "pause" button on my Sony Head unit to pause the music, or the next track button to skip the current song. Note: Music Player, drPodder,... do this.

I am not sure how hard this is to do. If you are interested in trying to do this and you need help researching it, let me know.

F
    Unfortunately I don't have anything that does A2DP to test/develop that with. I put some code in that i thought would maybe get it working in 0.0.4, no idea if it works or not.

Unfortunately I don't have anything that does A2DP to test/develop that with. I put some code in that i thought would maybe get it working in 0.0.4, no idea if it works or not.
    It does work, I use bluetooth play/pause/skip/back functions in my car everyday.

Not sure why wilderf can't get it to work. I love this app, thanks.
    [QUOTE=bhack;1898410]It does work, I use bluetooth play/pause/skip/back functions in my car everyday.

My bad...I didn't realize that with version 0.0.4, you could have two copies of Amapache Mobile on the Pre: I was still using version 0.0.3 even though I installed version 0.0.4.

Hint to myself: ALWAYS read the notes at the beginning of this thread for changes.

F
    Last edited by wilderf; 09/16/2009 at 06:45 PM.
  20.    #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    It does work, I use bluetooth play/pause/skip/back functions in my car everyday.

Not sure why wilderf can't get it to work. I love this app, thanks.
    Wow... NICE!. Lets hear it for untested code working on the first attempt. I guess I'll add it to the new features in 0.0.4