View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Thanks for this great app! took a little wrestling but I got it setup on Windows (XAMPP+Ampache). Everything works great on my LAN, however my ISP blocks port 80. I configured apache and my firewall to use a different port. I can access that from the internet with a PC, but the Mobile cannot connect.

Can you confirm the WebOS client is not capable of using a non default port?
    Can you also you confirm that HTTPS will work before I go down that road?

The url I am using is like this: http://1.1.1.1:123/ampache. Again, it works from a PC over the internet so I do think it is the client that can't handle it.

thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyd View Post
    Thanks for this great app! took a little wrestling but I got it setup on Windows (XAMPP+Ampache). Everything works great on my LAN, however my ISP blocks port 80. I configured apache and my firewall to use a different port. I can access that from the internet with a PC, but the Mobile cannot connect.

The url I am using is like this: [url] Again, it works from a PC over the internet so I do think it is the client that can't handle it.

thanks again.
    https will not work currently. Nonstandard ports work fine. I use a nonstandard port cause my isp will call me if I use 80. your url format above should work fine.
    This is awesome! Managed to get it up and running without too much trouble. It's a wonderful feeling that I essentially have 50gb of music on an 8gb device. Thanks to the devs for coming up with such a great app!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Hello guys, i have port problem as well . Over my home wifi the app works perfect. But it does not work if i use bell network. I CAN login, surf through playlists etc. but i cannot stream the audio even with perfect connection. (in such case youtube streams realtime). What is even more weird occasionally i DO get the songs playing after good 20-50 sec wait time. What can be my problem?
    I scanned my ip and all ports 1-30000 are closed
    Is there any work around? (since i do get it working sometime and youtube streaming works just fine)
    Amazing app! I can stream all my mp3s AND flac!!! Awesome job!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Ok, I have something that's been bugging me a little. Everything seemed to work perfectly after I set it up, but now sometimes ampache will say "Error. Audio Player Received an Error" and gives me an option to cancel.

When I log into Ampache server, it doesn't show the songs as being played.

I was wondering if it was related to the sprint data connection, so I tried going through wireless and I'm having the same problem.

I just tried shutting down Ampache Mobile and restarting it and it seems to be working again. This has happened to me quite a few times, although I can't remember if I tried shutting down the program.

Any ideas? I'll keep troubleshooting if it happens again to provide more info.
    I installed it on my pc and it works fine on it. However, if I type the url to the pre, it never connected to the server. I am not sure if my ISP blocks something (I am using Comcast in MA). I gave up finally...
    Quote Originally Posted by zyxwv88 View Post
    Ok, I have something that's been bugging me a little. Everything seemed to work perfectly after I set it up, but now sometimes ampache will say "Error. Audio Player Received an Error" and gives me an option to cancel.
    I've been having this same issue since I got the thing up and running. The author hasn't been around the last few days, but I think this is the next hurdle for some segment of the population to get around.

Since I don't think this is a problem that "everyone" has, there may be more testing necessary. I do get it whether I'm on Wi-Fi or EVDO.
  9.    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by fekauffman View Post
    I've been having this same issue since I got the thing up and running. The author hasn't been around the last few days, but I think this is the next hurdle for some segment of the population to get around.

Since I don't think this is a problem that "everyone" has, there may be more testing necessary. I do get it whether I'm on Wi-Fi or EVDO.
    I've been working on adding some better error messages for stream failures as well as a new stream debug mode to help figure out some of these issues. Will be included in the next version of the app.
    How do I get my flac files to stream through ampache?
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I've been working on ...
    i noticed you were working on a lot of stuff from here ampache-mobile - Project Hosting on Google Code
    you may want to ask the guy who is making "music player remix" about some of the issues you may have. he seems to have delved into the original player and may have some easy answers for you. like i saw something about how the original player does the pause when you pull out earphones. And he's added background image support and sliding meters so you can change it to whatever solid color you like. DanPLC is his name if i remember correctly. just something i thought of since i use both.
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    https will not work currently. Nonstandard ports work fine. I use a nonstandard port cause my isp will call me if I use 80. your url format above should work fine.
    Just out of curiosity which port are you using. I have confirmed that I can use the system remotely from any PC using the url listed, but I still cannot make contact with the server via the cell data connection and the webos client.

So close...
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    First off... Great app!

The only repeated connection issue during my installation was eventually traced to my... fingers! I was repeatedly typing .com instead of .org (stupid fingers... bad fingers!).

Works perfectly. Thanks again... really an elegant solution to paltry storage (love my Pre, I just have a ridiculous amount of music).
    Last edited by bezoris; 09/10/2009 at 08:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyd View Post

The url I am using is like this: http://1.1.1.1:123/ampache. Again, it works from a PC over the internet so I do think it is the client that can't handle it.

thanks again.
    When 80 is Blocked (Comcast, etc):

1) Keep XAMPP on 80.
    2) Set up a no-ip.com host using their Port 80 Redirect (map to something like 888). "Port 80 Redirect" is a HOST-TYPE option that can be selected when setting up your HOSTNAME.
    3) Set your router to forward 888 to XAMPP / Port 80 [x.x.x.x:80].

'Course all this assumes you're using a router...
    Last edited by bezoris; 09/10/2009 at 08:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I've been working on adding some better error messages for stream failures as well as a new stream debug mode to help figure out some of these issues. Will be included in the next version of the app.
    Don't forget that Ampache is already doing a lot of logging. I was able to watch the log file on my Ampache server to help figure out transcode errors.

On my Ubuntu box, the log file is located at /var/log/ampache (you can look in your ampache config file "ampache.cfg.php" to find out where the log file is being stored).

Check out the Amapache Wiki Page on Logging for more information.
    Last edited by wilderf; 09/11/2009 at 10:28 AM.
    I am using DynDns.com to manage the dynamic address on my router. I have been using it for a while.

Ampache 3.5.1 is running on Ubuntu and I am forwarding port 8080 to 80. I am using Ampache Mobile Version 0.0.3.

When I try to use my DynDns hostname with Ampache Mobile, I cannot get it to connect. But if I try to use the Pre web browser with my DynDns hostname, it works.

It seems to only work with my actual IP address.

Using Ampache Mobile and watching the log file: when I use my DynDns hostname, all I see are a few "Ping received from 192.168.1.1" messages (192.168.1.1 is my router..this makes sense: my router is forwarding request from the internet to Ampache)

When I use the actual IP, I see the ping, then a "Login Attempt...", then a "Login success" and it works.

Is it just me, or is anyone else seeing something similar.
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    I am using DynDns.com to manage the dynamic address on my router. I have been using it for a while.

Ampache 3.5.1 is running on Ubuntu and I am forwarding port 8080 to 80. I am using Ampache Mobile Version 0.0.3.

When I try to use my DynDns hostname with Ampache Mobile, I cannot get it to connect. But if I try to use the Pre web browser with my DynDns hostname, it works.

It seems to only work with my actual IP address.

Using Ampache Mobile and watching the log file: when I use my DynDns hostname, all I see are a few "Ping received from 192.168.1.1" messages (192.168.1.1 is my router..this makes sense: my router is forwarding request from the internet to Ampache)

When I use the actual IP, I see the ping, then a "Login Attempt...", then a "Login success" and it works.

Is it just me, or is anyone else seeing something similar.
    What do you get back if you do a connection test for that account in the preferences menu?
    I am using the "test connection" button in the preferences-account_editor menu.
  19.    #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    I am using the "test connection" button in the preferences-account_editor menu.
    Does it display anything when you do the "Test Connection"? It should bring up an alert that has the test result?
    Yes...it says:

Code:
    Connection Test
    Error: Empty Response
    Phone not connecting to Ampache