View Poll Results: How many people have been able to get Ampache setup?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

160 53.87%
  • No

137 46.13%
Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    So, my ampache server works over wifi just fine. I also run into the problem of the spinning circle where the album art should be in the app, and no music plays, but I can search my catolog just fine.

I still haven't figured out a way around my universities packet shaper yet...
    Palm Pilot m100 --> Alltel Razr V3c --> Alltel HTC PPC6800(Mogul) --> Alltel HTC Touch Pro --> Alltel Rokr Z6M --> Alltel Palm Pre

Speed at 70Mph using MyTether using Alltel Hybrid Rev A
    http://i30.tinypic.com/2iu733d.jpg
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say thank you for a great app.

Very much looking forward to future updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    ok so I deleted xampp, because I'd given up.

Reinstalled it and started from scratch this morning. Installed xampp, and hxxp://localhost works. But when I launch xampp, it tells me another webserver and another mysql server are already using the ports it needs.

This is a totally new problem.
    sounds like you installed the apache and mysql daemons installed as services. Remove them b4 you try to start the new ones. They will be under the control panel under the management console in services if I remember correctly.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Not having any luck getting album art to display in the app.

I've tried a few different albums that I know have art (checked via the ampache web interface).

I set 'enable more cover art' to On but am not seeing anything when tracks play.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I wrote this incorrectly.

Album art IS displaying when I pick an artist and view their albums.

It does not display on the Now Playing page though.
    Last edited by jp22382; 08/31/2009 at 03:20 PM.
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Not having any luck getting album art to display in the app.

I've tried a few different albums that I know have art (checked via the ampache web interface).

I set 'enable more cover art' to On but am not seeing anything when tracks play.

Any ideas?
    Sounds like something I'll have to take a closer look at. Again if it's not displaying the cover art its actually something on the server side, I just display the images the server tells me are there. Does the art work in AmpachPre?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Sounds like something I'll have to take a closer look at. Again if it's not displaying the cover art its actually something on the server side, I just display the images the server tells me are there. Does the art work in AmpachPre?
    Yeah it does display in AmpachPre.

Please see my edit above, I didn't describe the issue correctly.
  7.    #187  
    Yeah it does display in AmpachPre.

Please see my edit above, I didn't describe the issue correctly.
    Ok thats definately an issue on my side then. If you are willing set me up an account, PM me the details and I'll see whats going on. Seems to be the quickest way for me to solve bugs. I won't be able to look at it until tonight, turns out I have a job that pays the bills.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    PM sent, much appreciated.
    yeah a search would be cool - too much music to make browsing worth while. Playlists handle this for the most part but it sure would be cool to just pick a song an play it.

One thing I had a problem with setting up Ampache on a windows 2008 x64 server: The .htaccess in the config area will by default prevent the setup from being able to read the config (page 2 of the setup will want to read the config). I deleted it and replaced it after I was done.
    Hi,

I've got Ampache set up, with a catalog, but now I'm stuck. I'm using a wireless router through Time Warner in NYC. There doesn't seem to be any way for me to do port forwarding. When I log in to the router, the only option I have is to look at the status, not change anything. Same thing after resetting the router to factory settings (it's an SMC 8014WG-SI). Is there any way to make this work without doing port forwarding? I am a total beginner, and don't even really know what port forwarding is, but after trying, and doing some research, I'm pretty sure I can't do it.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    This help?

Looks to be for your router:
    Port Forwarding Echolink on the SMC 8014WG-SI
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgmarcus View Post
    Hi,

I've got Ampache set up, with a catalog, but now I'm stuck. I'm using a wireless router through Time Warner in NYC. There doesn't seem to be any way for me to do port forwarding. When I log in to the router, the only option I have is to look at the status, not change anything. Same thing after resetting the router to factory settings (it's an SMC 8014WG-SI). Is there any way to make this work without doing port forwarding? I am a total beginner, and don't even really know what port forwarding is, but after trying, and doing some research, I'm pretty sure I can't do it.

Thanks!
    The only other way would be to not use the router and connect directly to your modem via a cable...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Thanks, but it seems that Time Warner has somehow crippled the functionality of the router. I can log in and see the status, but that's about it.

This help?

Looks to be for your router:
    Port Forwarding Echolink on the SMC 8014WG-SI
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Ok thats definately an issue on my side then. If you are willing set me up an account, PM me the details and I'll see whats going on. Seems to be the quickest way for me to solve bugs. I won't be able to look at it until tonight, turns out I have a job that pays the bills.
    album art issue was resolved after upgrading to ampache 3.5.1

i must have gotten mixed up on my first attempt and downloaded the wrong version.

thanks for pointing me in the right direction
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I did search here but did not find a answer.

I have it up and running

But have a question about playlists. None of mine show up on the local machine or the pre so I know I first have to fix the local machine. Do I have to create new playlists or can I use existing playlists that I had for Winamp?

Either way I need to know where I need to go to get it set up correctly. where do I put them, how to create them if I can not use existing ones from winamp, how to set up playlists in ampache etc...

Ampache is foreign to me but I did try to look around and could not figure it out.

Thanks

Edit: Never mind I found it out

Here is what I did:
    When you are logged in to Ampache on your personal computer on the left side under the heading Playlist there is a option to import. Then just browse to where you have your playlists saved and select the one you want. It seems like you have to select 1 playlist at a time to import.
    Last edited by michaelrj; 09/12/2009 at 09:09 PM. Reason: found out my answer
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I wanted to say thanks for the hard work in such amazing app. I can stream most of my music on either Wifi or Evdo.

I was wondering if other people are having issues with "m4a" files. All my mp3s stream fine even the ones that have 320 bit rate. But it is not allowing me to play no m4a. I even edited ampache.cfg.php file and adjusted the max bit rate to 192 just in case that was the problem. Is there a method to fix this issue.
    Thats actually something that would greatly increase the adoption rate for ampache.
    exhales. i got it to work. took a long time but i did it.
    After a couple of tries, I finally got it to work...at least over Wifi. I can't get Evdo to stream at this very moment, but that could be due to my location. When I can get to a spot that has consistent signal, I'll try the Evdo connection again.

I love being able to stream from my server again. This is a much better method than the one I used with my Treo.
    Can't get it to work, all i'm getting is error: empty response. I am not very computer savy so please be gentle in any remarks on what to do

Thanks, this is a great app and i really want to get it working.
    So I got this set up, and working quite well. Love it, buffer ahead will be very nice.
    Last edited by Elysian893; 09/01/2009 at 12:15 PM.