Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    nice!! cant wait for that guitar app

The text message app looks pretty cool too.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyjay View Post
    Great looking App, too bad it too big to fit on my phone.
    What you mean it too big? file size too big ?

Mostly love this, but Aussie slang words is just unfair and something I have no interest in playing. Any chance future versions will have a checklist for what you want included so that I could pick everything but that?
    If you play in relax mode, you can pick your own category to play: at main screen tap icon Category and pick the category you like. In a challenge mode app will auto pick a word in a random category (I think it's fair this way)

Very fun. Annoyed by the phone sounds for each button. I don't want NO sound, just not dialpad sounds
    I didn't know that tone is annoyed - You can turn sound off inside the Settings menu

So I'm number 11 on the global high scores list as of right now. It has a '?' next to my name though instead of a flag. How do I get the game to realize where I am in the world to put the appropriate flag?
    It seem that program failed to detect your country. I will try to fix this bug. What is your country anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDoc View Post
    You can turn sounds off under Menu>Settings.
    Duh!!! I don't know how I missed that. Ok, now the game is perfect!

But seriously...why even have those annoying, loud sounds to begin with whenever you do anything (including swiping back)?
    This is a great, addicting game. How am I supposed to get any work done now? The guitar app looks cool, but I don't play guitar....I am a musician, however, and could use a very nice metronome....no one has done this yet! I would be very interested in seeing how you would handle it...please? lol

Thanks for the game!
    Quote Originally Posted by kardin View Post
    What you mean it too big? file size too big ?
    It seem that program failed to detect your country. I will try to fix this bug. What is your country anyway?
    I'm in USA. I wonder if it's because I have GPS turned off only until an app requests it. Maybe your app isn't requesting to turn on GPS and only takes the info if it's already on?
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Great app but I assume you are also looking for feedback and bugs.

Couple of things i noticed.

1. Categores don't work correctly. I was in the holidays category and the word was "HAM". I don't think HAM is holiday. It could be that HAM was miscategorized or categories don't work. I will try another category.

2. I would like the ability to gesture back to the Menu screen during play and then resume play.

3. Make keyboard have haptic feedback.

4. Sounds don't seem to work through headphones on my pre.

5. Just for fun....Make the hanging of the person animated.

This would make a good game even better.
    definitely gotta try this one!
    1. Categores don't work correctly. I was in the holidays category and the word was "HAM". I don't think HAM is holiday. It could be that HAM was miscategorized or categories don't work. I will try another category.
    Could it be that possibly when people think of christmas, easter, etc that a lot of families cook a "ham" for diner.

Just a thought
    this app looks nice. cant wait to try it out. thanx
    Fun game!

Can you increase the spacing of the keyboard at least between the rows?

How about haptic (vibration) feedback when you press a key?

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/28/2009 at 11:12 PM.
    Loving this app...didn't get any work done once I downloaded it.
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
    Quote Originally Posted by kardin View Post
    If you play in relax mode, you can pick your own category to play: at main screen tap icon Category and pick the category you like. In a challenge mode app will auto pick a word in a random category (I think it's fair this way)
    Have to disagree. I mean, I can understand wanting the word list kept the same for everyone who has things in the high score list, but at the same time, not a single one of the "Aussie slang words" is a real word as far as I'm concerned, just like I wouldn't consider American slang like ain't a word either (keep in mind the Pre is only in North America for now as well).

And yeah, I can see that you can choose a single category if you want for relax mode, but I don't want a single category, I want all of them but the Aussie slang. Checkboxes would be the ideal solution, so that you can leave multiple ones checked off and unselect a single (or multiple) category(ies) if you want.

And things that to 90% (obviously made that number up, but I think you can get my point) of people playing the game look like random letters bunched together, I still disagree that that is fair at all for a competition. I'm not super-competitive anyway, so it doesn't matter too much, but still.
    How long does it take to download word lists? Its been sitting at that for a few minutes..

OK, it hung at loading for a bit, but I closed and re opened and it all seemed ok

but I gotta say FINALLY A GAME sorta THING that I LIKE! I hate MOST games, but THIS really is FUN and challenging, and something I could def sit and do on a plane for about a hour or so.

And WOW, as with your other apps, your graphics are just simply stunning!

THANK YOU!

And where is your DONATE link?
    Last edited by dianehelen; 08/29/2009 at 07:08 AM.
    WOW!!! Does anyone else see me (Jjtbone) at the top of the Global Score list with a ridiculous score of 8 million something? Perhaps it's just my phone, but here is what happened:

--I opened the game.
    --A dialog appeared stating that I had a saved game and I chose to continue to the saved game.
    --The game immediately took me to the you solved it screen. At this point I noticed an unusually high score, but I clicked on next level.
    --The next level appeared and I clicked on the show hint and...the solved screen came up again....I hadn't even started!
    --The score was 8million something like it is now.

I quit the game and started it again and it functions perfect now, but my ridiculous score is still there. If others can see it, is there a way to reset my score or delete it?

Very strange.
    Lovely look of the game. Haven't had a chance to read through this thread, so apologize for duplicates.

Loading of scenes often waits for images to be loaded. The text hanging there in [ ] is a little strange. Might be able to preload images in javascript for faster display, or disable text until it loads?

The onscreen keyboard is just too small for me to play on it without frustration.

There should be a pause between getting the last letter or failure and the win or lost dialog opening. This would also make the game feel smoother. Possibly a small setTimeout that is fired after the board is changed to end game mode. Right now it seems like all the UI updates are fighting and it lags bad.

If this is for learning SAT words, which seems like a good use for it, a mode that displayed the definition in the hint briefly would be great. I would see this like the dialog Mojo generates if you try to open a dialog with a missing html file. It would be there for a few seconds, then drop off the scene.

I really like the look of this. You have done some nice work with the graphics.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtbone View Post
    WOW!!! Does anyone else see me (Jjtbone) at the top of the Global Score list with a ridiculous score of 8 million something? Perhaps it's just my phone, but here is what happened:

--I opened the game.
    --A dialog appeared stating that I had a saved game and I chose to continue to the saved game.
    --The game immediately took me to the you solved it screen. At this point I noticed an unusually high score, but I clicked on next level.
    --The next level appeared and I clicked on the show hint and...the solved screen came up again....I hadn't even started!
    --The score was 8million something like it is now.

I quit the game and started it again and it functions perfect now, but my ridiculous score is still there. If others can see it, is there a way to reset my score or delete it?

Very strange.
    Download the new update version 0.9.1 to reset your score (go inside Help/Settings to reset score). The new version fixes some bugs and has some changes to make game runs faster.

Thanks sacherjj for your suggestions. If the on screen keyboard doesn't work well for your fingers, then try to use the hardware keyboard. I can't make button bigger. I will try to preload images in the next version

Possibly a small setTimeout that is fired after the board is changed to end game mode. Right now it seems like all the UI updates are fighting and it lags bad.
    Thank you for this idea, I will work on it
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Kardin,

I just wanted to compliment you on the U.I./Design and features of this app. You approached the creation of this application with both beauty and functionality and seemed to accomplish both in grand style. NICE JOB!
    Great app! Brings back my PTSD from the time when I wrote the GRE.. Wish I had this earlier!
    This is a pretty great app, nice job! It's actually much tougher than I thought it would be, even with the hints.
    Great app, love the concept, extremely addicting....

Only have a few issues, if I play straight through, around bout 50 it screws up, causes me to be unable to continue, new start new game button, and on the SAT one, it also does where if I hit hint it gives me a bunch of what looks like "scripting" in that it'll just show a letter then a"fill in the lie" then a letter and "fill in the line" etc...

Love that the highscores keeps track of when they occurred tho! Thanks again for the app!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast